[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Visiting Spain >Go to a Dungeons and Dragons bar I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: il_fullxfull.278281979.jpg (283 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.278281979.jpg
283 KB, 1500x1125
>Visiting Spain
>Go to a Dungeons and Dragons bar I heard about
>Sit down at a table and take out my dice bag
>A haggard-look woman runs up to my table and tells me that I'm not allowed to use outside dice
>I have to pay the "dice rate" to use ugly gunk-covered dice they keep in a smelly metal pail
>37€ + VAT

Did I get ripped off?
>>
>>43792780
The fuck is a D&D bar?
>>
File: Newest_Menu-2.jpg (3 MB, 4961x3508) Image search: [Google]
Newest_Menu-2.jpg
3 MB, 4961x3508
>>43792780
Euuuuurgh. Fuck yes you got ripped off.

I was invited to a gaming bar in London, called "the Loading Bar" and it was full of geeks and board games and videogames and puns.

Rules were, you buy a drink (£8 each which is about 1.5 normal drink price),you grab either one of the board games they had stocked (a whole bookcase full) or grabbed something from the video games library, and play on a table until closing time. It was full of MTG and catan and some RPGs and fighting games and again, £8 per head.

Great place if you were OK with the puns. €37 is a complete and utter rip off.
>>
>>43792780
>>Visiting Spain
>>Ever

Real or not, that's what you get.
Still not as bad as Italy or specifically Paris.
>>
>>43792968
This.Spain is the worlds flaccid, unwashed chode.
>>
>>43792944
Good god. I hope that place burns down with everyone inside.
>>
>>43792944
I'm secretly a Carlos. The puns. Yes. I feel them burning my soul. It is good.
>>
>>43792944
truth stout lie seems decent
>>
>>43793060
>>43792968
lol ameriturds
>>
>>43792944
This sounds fucking unbearable. I get it, you're nerds but fuck do you need to shove it into everything?

The 'nerdy' bar near me is called 1 Up and its fully of retro arcade games. Outside there's giant jenga. But the prices are normal and the nerd thing isn't hamhandedly shoved into everything.
>>
>>43793652
Sounds more like Yurofagets. Amerifats barely even know about Spain. Yuros actually have to live next to that mad sandy shithole.
>>
>>43792944
At first I thought "8 quid? You taking me out for a piss, mate?"
But then I saw Rum Total War. If you get a wine glass full of rum. That would be okay, for your moneys worth. The rest is all mixed crap.
>>
>>43793736
Ow fucking hell mate, I read that wrong. It's not a glass full of rum, it's a glass full port mixed with a bit of rum.
Fuck that. Good way to ruin my rum, no thank you.
>>
File: 1412816716042.jpg (35 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
1412816716042.jpg
35 KB, 640x432
>>43793652
Yes, us Amerifats are spoiled.
>Campus has a building where anyone can hang.
>Used almost exclusively by gamers to play DnD, Catan, and LoL.
>If you don't find enough people to play, there's the hobby store about 5 miles down the street that just charge for a table and leave you alone for the rest of the day.
>>
>>43793736
>moneys worth
You never get your money's worth in a bar, that's not why you go there.
>>
>>43792944
>Rum Total War

Yissssss
>>
>>43792780
I'm from Spain and that's bullshit
>>
>>43792944
I am in tears. Those fucking puns.
>>
>>43793368
>>43793685
As I said, overpriced. But >>43793853
got it right, it's more like a charge to use the property for board gaming rather than drinks - it's like an FLGS except it sells overpriced alcohol instead of overpriced cardboard.

>if you can handle the terrible puns
>>
>>43792780
Can you tell me the name and the city.
Bcause you know? in spain D&D didnt kick off, is more normal for a nerdy pub to be called "The prancing pony" or "the Balrog".

The thing is that normally in spain, nerdy bars are mixed with normies so they are cheap and not everybody uses the boardgames. Also you can bring your own dice and shit.
>>
>>43792780
>>43793807
>Amerifats coming to EU
Why would you want to come to our dumpster of a place when you live in a decent country?
>>
>>43794118
Study abroad for experience and class credit.
>>
>>43792944
>Park the Sparow
>>
>>43794118
Study abroad, boredom, sweepstake tickets, or to look at architecture older than our country. Also to have the occasional colache or other great food. Europe has us beat for great food per capita.

That is if you don't lose your money from getting pickpocketed by a gypsy when visiting Europe. Americans don't know about the horrors of the gypsy, and assume thier just another ethnic group and are like Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame.
>>
>>43794118
I can only speak for Eastern regions but:
Cheaper booze.
Drinking age lower or not enforced at all.
Easier (and arguably prettier) girls.
Lower AoC, in rural areas not enforced at all.
Pretty much everything except gasoline is comparatively cheaper, especially healthcare and education.
People will treat you nice because you have money.
Virtually no niggers (but there's gypsies instead, so that evens out)

All in all, it's nice place to visit.
Not so much nice place to live at.
>>
>>43794118

Witness the last vestiges of once great empires
>>
>>43794486
But you can visit California without a passport
>>
>>43794118
Where do you live for having such a shit opinion? Greece?
>>
File: TGBS.png (137 KB, 941x829) Image search: [Google]
TGBS.png
137 KB, 941x829
>>43793417
for you anon
>>
>>43794690
I like puns too!

Though you won't get a lot of these without a passing familiarity with Fire Emblem.
>>
Any Brisfags here been to Mana Bar? I only went a couple times. It was okay but I didn't really see the point of paying that much to get drunk and play vidyas with friends when we do that at home on the cheap every weekend anyway.
>>
>>43794573
Well, he's right. The EU is a failed project, and that is becoming rapidly clear. German Intelligence has already admitted that they think a civil war is inevitable. It's all downhill from here.

At least in America it's only rednecks who are pissed off because your tractor king made them buy healthcare. Oh the horror.
>>
>>43792780
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>43795044
>The EU is Europe

If you seriously think America doesn't have serious problems and isn't AT LEAST as fucked as western european countries, you're delusional.
The only boon you have is that you'll have a gun when shit goes down in America.
>>
>>43794393
>Pretty much everything except gasoline is comparatively cheaper, especially healthcare and education.
Yeah but what you are getting cheaper, like healthcare and education is that much shit in quality as well.
>>
>>43794486
>once great empires
>California

California wasn't even a real nation, it was a kangaroo government for three weeks before the US showed up, and they never even had to fight a revolution.
>>
Yeah you got ripped off OP. At which point did you think that it sounded even remotely like a correct deal?

>>43795642
>european healthcare
>shit
Hmm, have you ever looked at a WHO report?

And at least Europe doesn't teach Creationism.
>>
File: Houston Skyline.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Houston Skyline.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>>43794393
>Easier (and arguably prettier) girls.

They might be easier because you're a foreigner, and everybody wants a "foreign experience" at least once or twice, so you're at least 20% more attractive right off the bat compared to a local.

I do have to say, though, that I was quite shocked at (and I know how this will sound) how white and how similar everybody in Europe looked, as well as the fact that certain "ethnic features" (like Widows Peaks) were actually present in certain regions.

I know that may sound like "no shit, sherlock" but I come from an incredibly diverse city Houston represent where there really isn't a "dominant" race present, and everybody lives intermixed and largely unsegregated. Furthermore, us Americans who are Euro-descendants all look like mutts because of how much the European nationalities intermixed out of necessity and because of a lack of social taboos on doing so, so you don't really see European ethnic features in us (or if you do, they're all over the place).
>>
>>43795772
>doesn't teach Creationism.

No schools teach Creationism unless they are a private school (and therefore can teach whatever they want). The only thing teachers have to say is, "Evolution is just a theory, and this isn't an attempt to convert you from your religious beliefs." Then we all move on.

I live in the Bible Belt, and pretty much all of us were perfectly okay with being taught Evolution in school and made fun of those who got pissed about it, and the majority of us (myself included) are Christian.

It's not anything like what the media says.
>>
>>43793919
PaisAnon go to bed it's late here.
>>
Yeah OP, sounds like you got ripped off.

The local geek bar near me is called 'Beta Bar'. Free video games and free board games. Drink prices are decent, but they've got a very limited choice of food options.

Only downside is they are only open once or twice a week. Which makes sense. The last major geek bar we had down here was the Mana Bar and that closed down pretty quickly because it wasn't pulling in enough.
>>
File: 1437164557922.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1437164557922.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>43795948
>Paisanon
>>
>>43795772
>Hmm, have you ever looked at a WHO report?
That's not the same organization that said North Korea's Healthcare system was a model for the world is it?
>>
>>43795825
>I was quite shocked at (and I know how this will sound) how white and how similar everybody in Europe looked
While moving to another country is much easier now than it was some 30 years ago, many people are very reluctant to for multiple reasons, so yeah folks from the same region are bound to look similar.
>>
>>43795044
EU can fall apart peacefully. There will be economical consequences, but not to the point it would topple government in any member country (Greece doesn't count, they're toppling already).
On the other hand, civil war because of the Muslim immigration is very well a possibility, but that one would hit Germany and possibly France, not EU as a whole.
>>
>>43795882
The Bible belt can range pretty broad, I'm sure while places like Indiana suburbs are pretty religious they might avoid "Intelligent Design" but really bum fuck south carolina is really as crazy as they say. It's the small podunk towns not the entire region. Any City or suburb of a city is sane.
>>
>>43793736
>You taking me out for a piss, mate
That's not how that expression works. At all.
>>
>>43796214
Hmm, no ? It was placed 167th during the last study, while south Korea was 58th.
Check your sources, anon, check your sources. Form an informed opinion, etc...
>>
>>43798062
He's talking about north korea, not south korea you dingus.
>>
>>43793685
Denver huh?
>>
>>43792968
>Italy or specifically Paris
Am I misinterpreting when it sounds like he's implying Paris is in Italy, or is he actually retarded?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.