[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got a question. Chaos is all about shoving random mutations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: azidoazide.png (6 KB, 457x394) Image search: [Google]
azidoazide.png
6 KB, 457x394
So I got a question.

Chaos is all about shoving random mutations into their followers that prove themselves until they eventually either devolve into Chaos Spawn or ascend as a Daemon Prince, right?

Then why is it that some of their greatest champions, the named characters of the book, never have any mutations? Even the named characters who do have mutations often only have one or two, rather than the dozens that you traditional Chaos Lord or Sorc is often shown to have.
>>
>>43792127
Certain mutations just aren't apparent, and one even makes it so nobody but a psyker or more corrupt champion knows you are a bloated monstrosity with seven nipples for a mouth
>>
>>43792127
What is with the chemistry joke?
>>
>>43792194
Didn't have a picture that fit, just picked my favorite compound. Not really related to the question at all.

>>43792163
Sure, but even then, a huge majority of them are basically just ugly humans. When you compare that to shit like guys that are totally fused with their weapons, are human/animal hybrids, etc, etc. Like, how the hell is Kharn not sporting a shitload of mutations?
>>
>>43792194
I'm suposse that is relative a mutagenic one
>>
>>43792635
I mean, I guess you could describe it as very chaotic, given it's nature, but it's not especially mutagenic.
>>
>>43792662
>>43792635
>>43792194
It tends to explode on the slightest provocation or without one, kinda like psykers.
>>
>>43792690
It still carries the best description I have ever read in any sort of paper ever.
>>
>>43792704
Quote it?
>>
>>43792759
"The sensitivity of C2N14 is beyond our capabilities of measurement. The smallest possible loadings in shock and friction tests led to explosive decomposition."

It's so fucking sensitive they can't even tell how sensitive it is.
>>
>>43792832
Also "For safety reasons, only a small number of crystals were measured (the compound decomposes explosively upon irradiation by a Nd:YAG laser with an intensity of only 150 mW!)"
>>
>>43792832
>>43792962
>it exploded when they were trying to get an infrared spectrum of it

I find this hilarious.
>>
>>43793054
I think it says more that they kept trying after it did explode.

They're my fucking heroes.
>>
>>43793054
>>43793081
http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/category/things-i-wont-work-with
for more shit crazy chemicals like; Dioxygen Difluoride a stronger oxidiser than oxygen
>>
>>43792620
>Like, how the hell is Kharn not sporting a shitload of mutations?
Maybe he does, we just never see his outside his armor.
>>
>>43792127
The stronger characters are probably meant to be 'using chaos' rather than being entirely 'used by chaos'.

They're powerful individuals made more powerful by their fealty to the dark gods, so they ask for power and gifts, but they're aren't entirely reliant on the gods. They're exceptional, and that makes them both useful and (as much as any mortal can be) precious to the Chaos Gods. You don't deliberately fuck up an asset if it's hard to replace.

Psykers and Sorcerers? Rarer, sure. But they're essentially just individuals bartering/calling upon the warp denizens for power. That's their thing, to act as a channel for energies from beyond. Those energies (or the one supplying them) often have intentions of their own.

Although really, it's often because it's difficult to write/sell a character that's a horrible mess of mutations as being a leader.
>>
>>43793207
He has an arm that's entirely bare and looks totally normal though, which always bothered me.
>>
>>43793206
there are a decent amount of superoxidizers
however something that can burn god damn sand has my utmost respect
>>
>>43794574
As far as oxiders go, I always love this video so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4l56AfUTnQ
>>
>>43792127
Overrated molecule desu
>>
>>43793207
>>43793983
What if it isn't armor?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.