[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an actual rpg class where I can sacrifice my party members
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: v.png (652 KB, 726x1033) Image search: [Google]
v.png
652 KB, 726x1033
Is there an actual rpg class where I can sacrifice my party members or familiars to gain a temporary boost in stats or something similar?

Pic related.
>>
>>43786317
>Pic

Sauce?
>>
>>43786317
I once threw a party member into a very large Venus flytrap to save myself if that counts.
>>
>>43786401

Yakushoku Dispiari
>>
>>43786317
Play any sort of vampire or character with blood healing. Your allies essentially become walking health-packs.
>>
>>43786317
In 3.0/3.5 BoVD and Fiendish Codex had rules on sacrifices. Also - Bane of Infidels and Yuan-ti Cultist from 3.0. And Death Master (drag.compendium).
>>
>>43786317
LotFPs 'summon' spell gets bonuses if you use a sacrifice. No reason it cant be a party member.

Some of the modules for it also have party-sacrificing items.
>>
File: 1447046677570.jpg (459 KB, 960x1088) Image search: [Google]
1447046677570.jpg
459 KB, 960x1088
>>43786317
Purple Sister.
>>
>>43786317
Black Crusade
Betrayer gives you a boost in infamy for important NPCs and Sacrifice increases bonus for focus power tests and that's just RAW, killing your team mates is expected and should give you infamy/corruption for killing a champion of chaos in addition to other things
If you also use the commands from Only War - Enemies of the Imperium you can also kill NPCs to Heal, gain a forcefield, boost those under him's power, or even gain gifts of the gods
>>
File: rollplayers.png (265 KB, 960x1408) Image search: [Google]
rollplayers.png
265 KB, 960x1408
>>43786317
Updates never.
>>
>>43786317
Not usually, since killing party members is usually a That Guy behavior, and incentivizing it with game mechanics is asking for incessant party infighting.
>>
Played a game where a bloodmage got a power and experience boost from eating people's hearts. Over the course of the game she betrayed and ate the hearts of several party members, as well as just hearts in general, and ended up very powerful before long.
>>
>>43786317
does Covenant of the Plum count?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.