[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New races for a rol game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: dices.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dices.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
hi guys, im makin a rol game whit a group of friends and we are seeking for new races for the players not like elfs or dwarfs something new so if u can help that will be great im looking for some physical features, racial features and racials skills... sorry for the bad english and thank you :)
>>
help me please
>>
What sort of thing are you looking for? What's the setting like? Would angels or demons be out of place?
>>
the settign is some sort of fantastic medieval world qhit a bit of steam punk
>>
>>43781067
Dice people.

They're small, squat beings with glyphs and runes on their bodies. They have stone-like skin and roll themselves around like Gorons from Zelda. The shape they take determines their caste in society. More surfaces makes you a higher caste.

Pyramidal D4 people are uncommon, and are generally looked down upon. They are typically slaves.

Cubic D6 people are by far the most common. They are free men and women who work for a living. Your basic commoners and peasants.

Tetrahedral D8 people are a little rarer. Their caste makes them the Warriors of the Dice people society. They are knights, generals, constables, things like that. Anyone D8 and above can learn magic, and the more sides you have, the better you are at it.

D12 people are nobility. Dukes, duchesses, ministers, clergy, people who are looked up to and born into privilege.

D20 people are the royal family. They are powerful sorcerers. However, if one was to slip and fall, he would roll for a long time before being able to get back up. That's why staircases and ramps are banned form the royal palaces.

Dice people born with more than 20 sides are incredibly rare, and one may only be born every hundred years, if even then. They are worshipped as demi-gods and revered even by the royal family. Myths of epic heroes with 60 sides are known by the people as the champions of their race. It was once prophesized long ago that one day a 100-sided God would be born to united all Dice-people for the common good.

How did I do?
>>
>>43781067
Salamander People. The have a flammable spit. They are resistant to heat and flame. They wear plates and chains as clothing. They eat insects. They worship the great Salamander in the sky who burns ever bright.

I dunno you do the rest.
>>
>>43782083
love it ty
>>
>>43782083
3D flatland, huh? I like it.
>>
>>43782083

I'd play it. Have you played that before? How did you do it and how did it go?
>>
>>43782604
Nope, never played it. I made it up on the spot while looking at OP's pic.
>>
>>43782083
This is basically just hedrons or whatever those creatures in D&D from the plane of Mechanus or Law or whatever are called. I forget.
>>
give me more
>>
Giant snail people.

They can't wear pants or shoes but can climb up walls and retreat into their shell.
>>
>>43781067
I always kind of liked the Star Frontiers races.
>>
>>43781067
Living potions.

They would be about as intelligent as goblins. Unlike a regular vial, theirs is more flexible and engulfs the poor victim like a slime would, slowly digesting them and turning their fluids into elixir. The elixir within them varies depending on location and they eat the local flora and whatever lesser creatures they encounter. More intelligent potions may travel the world as brewmasters, following the more powerful adventurers for a chance at high quality material. They may also use the elixir on themselves to enhance their own abilities and gain those of others. "Tonight - we drink their blood!" - Baron Erlenmeyer
>>
>>43783247
Modrons. I like the idea of them being able to roll themselves to produce effects.
>>
File: 1440957175165.gif (1 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1440957175165.gif
1 MB, 480x480
>>43782083
Forgot D10
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.