[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ here. I heard you guys play Warhammer 40k, right? What can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1438217027990.jpg (28 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
1438217027990.jpg
28 KB, 350x400
/v/ here.
I heard you guys play Warhammer 40k, right?

What can you tell me about the imperial guards?

I find them more interesting than gay space marines (mary sues) or the alien races.

Just average dudes fighting demi gods.
>>
>>43770592
>Just average dudes fighting demi gods.

That is pretty much everything you will ever need to know.
>>
>>43770605
I imagine the average dude being terrified as fuck while he watches his comrades being torn apart in pieces.

That shit sounds more interesting than the other races.
>>
Stop trying to fit in and go read some fluff, avoid 1d4chan because it's the most /v/ thing in /tg/ and you'll forever look at things through meme-tinted glasses if you use it as your first source material
>>
>>43770592
>average dudes with flashlights
>interesting
Not saying Muhreens are better but damn son.
>>
>>43770592
They die. A lot/

Also, tanks for days.
>>
>>43770683
I'm confused, are you suggesting he should take 40Ks grimderpness seriously?
>>
>>43770592
As someone with only basic knowledge of 40K, here's a good summary: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard

Like >>43770605 said, you got the basic idea totally right. They represent the more average ground forces who're holding the line until the big heroes arrive, just trying to get by each day without dying. Generally, you'll see Commissars screaming at them and shooting at them to get into battle while they die in large numbers, acting as cannon fodder. Due to this, people often see them as anywhere between mindlessly devoted and noble or darkly aware of how expendable they are; in-game, many of their strategies revolve around simply outnumbering and outgunning opponents.

They also come in many flavors depending on your taste: Napoleonic-ish soldiers, Soviet-ish soldiers, Nazi-ish soldiers, Vietnam-ish soldiers, etc. Also have pretty cool tanks.
>>
>>43770693
>not feeling empathy for the average human soldier in starship troopers fighting zerg rush and knowing he will die soon
GAY
A
Y
>>
>>43770742
I generally don't have much empathy for fictional faceless mooks, no.
>>
>>43770742
Those have autoguns
>>
>>43770746
>I don't have empathy
AUTISM
AUTISM
AUTISM
>>
>>43770746
IIRC, most Imperial Guard members actually show their faces more than the heavily-armored Space Marines. And even the Space Marines that show their faces usually try to have a calm, neutral expression to avoid falling to Chaos or anything; the Imperial Guard shows their faces more.

Everyone might have a different view of how noble/cool/reasonable the Imperium is, but in my mind, the Guard are the lions that the donkeys are leading.
>>
Try reading Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett if you're interested in the Guard.
>>
>>43770622
this is very much a thing and why we have commissars
NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS GUARDSMAN AND GET BACK INTO THE FIGHT!
>>
File: 15785823432.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1191) Image search: [Google]
15785823432.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1191
HE WILL FACE THE LEGIONS OF HELL ITSELF
HE WILL STAND AGAINST FOES WHO DEVOUR WORLDS LIKE A PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS
HE SHALL WAGE WAR AGAINST A TIDE OF MONSTERS WHO SEEK NOTHING MORE THAN TO FIGHT AND LOOT
HE MAY BE SHOT, STABBED, TORN IN TWO, DRIVEN MAD BY HORRIBLE MAGICS, BURNED, FLAYED, CRUSHED, VAPORIZED, DEVOURED AND WILL KNOW THE WORST DEATHS ANY MAN CAN FACE.

BUT DESPITE THE ODDS, THE PAIN, THE AGONY AND THE SEEMINGLY UTTER HOPELESSNESS OF IT ALL.

HE WILL HOLD THE LINE AS HE HAS FOR TEN THOUSAND YEARS AND TEN THOUSAND MORE.

HE IS THE HAMMER OF HIS EMPEROR.

HE IS THE COMMON MAN SENT TO WAR WITH GODS AND MONSTERS.

AND HE WILL HOLD.
>>
File: 1429749339827.jpg (306 KB, 1200x943) Image search: [Google]
1429749339827.jpg
306 KB, 1200x943
>>43772242
10/10
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.