[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adveutre Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Time again for an adventure inter-dimensional. Strap on your feed bags and get ready to lift off.
>>
File: photoship.png (802 KB, 624x666) Image search: [Google]
photoship.png
802 KB, 624x666
>>43765618
Is this seapunk?
>>
>>43765631
It's whatever your dreams require.
>>
"Welcome one and all the infamous and heretofore unknown Quantum Roller coaster ride. Please step inside and we will begin our journey together."
>>
File: 4d.png (1 MB, 873x916) Image search: [Google]
4d.png
1 MB, 873x916
>>43765643
My dreams require blood.
>>
Instruction comes from a trim young man in a wide shady hat. He inclines his neck when he speaks to project so his hat doesn't help much. He has a white zinc splotch on his nose and an unassuming grin. He doesn't make eye contact with us but his smile seems genuine.

I follow the small crowd of people into the dimly lit room. Soft floor lamps light the way to a series of individual seats.

1d20 plus decision
>sit in the front
>sit somewhere in the middle
>sit in the back
>>
>>43765665
Dreams of blood are vampiric...so goes the legend. You may want to seek out your local shaman.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43765692
Sit in front
>>
>>43765721
Since I was near the front of the line and was curious what other sort of people would be coming into the ride I took a seat in the back.

The chairs are tall and covered in safety equipment. There is a bar that presumably comes down once the ride is initiated as well as a lap strap, shoulder straps, and shoe restraints.

A few single riders take their places at the front and at the interior of the room. A single parent family apparently walks in but is swiftly followed by a woman so beautiful that I have to watch her enter.

My interest is both not and beyond sexuality. This woman is essence. She must be Narcissus' better because no one this beautiful can exist and stay sane.

The lights turn off and words scroll across every surface.
>>
WE_ilson here, we_lcome one and all.

The words appear on a screen which was apparently the wall the greeter was standing in front of. Apparently because he is nowhere to be seen.

>We are about to embark on a journey. I will now dim the lights in the room and activate the wall dampeners for quiet comfort.

The lights weren't off completely, they certainly are now. A quiet click gives way to an expansive silence. The room feels warm and dry. Were the chair not so stiff sleep would be inevitable.
>>
My friends, I am at a disadvantage because I am not with you. Or rather I am with you but from another time. I can no longer change my words to you because I have already spoken them all before and again. But I can still reach you by this way, and there are advantages to time displacement. Not only do I know everything first but as a being also of the past I get to experience things for the first time every time. I will be your guide. Prepare for launch.
>>
> My friends, I am at a disadvantage because I am not with you. Or rather I am with you but from another time. I can no longer change my words to you because I have already spoken them all before and again. But I can still reach you by this way, and there are advantages to time displacement. Not only do I know everything first but as a being also of the past I get to experience things for the first time every time. I will be your guide. Prepare for launch.
>>
The room shattered. Chair seemed to unify with occupant as some mechanism swung us widely apart from under the floor. Glittering fragments of screen reassemble themselves around each chair as the restraints fall away.
>>
We are alone together now. This journey is yours and yours alone. None other will be taken through each stage the same way. In some ways this will bond us as we journey together. I will experience the journey as if for the first time with you and yet I will have been there as many times before as times you return to this place. We will see together and we can take as much time in whichever direction we choose. And when our journey ends we will go back to being a sea of beautiful I's.
>>
We surface from a deep pool into a dark warm cave. The ceiling is crawling with bio-luminescent constellations. Resting either on the surface of the water or on the long slender stones on the shore we watch them move. Any constellation we recall can be found if sought. There are spoons and serpents and seven of any single thing.

Walking down the line where water laps small shore in our cave we hear the sounds of surf and know that the trickle of sand and water is from the ocean.

We sit on the sand and begin to ponder how to seal our cave. And suddenly we remember how we got here.

There had been a vast desert. It was so dry and our water skins had run dry. Once a freak shower had come and with no time to collect the drops we opened our mouths to the sky and drank. It tasted of reclamation. Out thirst returned immediately and intensified in the days to come as we marched across the tops of a long series of closely perched dunes.

Hope came in the form of a distant speck of green. No wavering lines of fancy but rather a slowly approaching dot of life marking some secret oasis. Time gave way to progress and we seemingly flew across the dunes, edges of our vision blurring.

Greens, reds and golds. Vines, trees, thick foliage. We spot crimson puff blossoms with seeking golden tendrils. Pushing through the greens and reds there is wet pebbly beach sand and a large pool. A man with a wide grinning beard may or may not be sitting on a large mushroom cap on the distant shore. We were too busy trying to inspect the foliage to focus on the shore line and our thirst drove us into the waters before we knew what was happening.

Drinking and sinking, breath coming easily. We emerged from a deep pool into a dark cave.
>>
What do you seek? What type of journey shall we embark on?

>Write in
>Write in
>Write in
>Write in
>>
"Inactivity breed inconsistency t-minus 3 minutes to execution"
>>
Due to lack of activity our quantum signature blurs across every dimensional border and we flop in our seat like a surfaced fish. Perhaps we don't die, perhaps we do.
>>
File: press.png (433 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
press.png
433 KB, 640x800
>>43765935
>>Write in
The quest for the perfect language.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.