[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idea Salvage Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 17
File: 0.jpg (99 KB, 664x950) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
99 KB, 664x950
Here's an idea: post works and media you've seen that had good ideas that weren't used or explored.
/tg/ being what it is, we'll extract them and do whatever we want with them.

You can also just post good ideas from stuff that nobody would know about.
>>
>>43764975
As an example, this is from a one-off hentai.
The world has been covered in a thick toxic fog that is heavy enough to sail on. Humans constructed walls and shelters to live in.
Some people have jobs delivering messages back and forth, and some fish up old tech and artifacts.

It's a legend that some people adapted to the fog and live in it like mythical creatures. However, it's observably true that horrifying creatures resembling deep sea life live in the fog and will attack humans.
>>
>>43765058

Wouldn't your players still wind up trying to fuck monster girls, though? Or would you just excise them entirely?
>>
>>43765250
Just don't make them fuckable, or if you do, make that trait be a predatory tool to catch people, and have the PCs know folklore and rumors about it. Nothing makes a player more paranoid than knowing that it's a horror-y game and then meeting a strange, beautiful lady in a creepy place, in my experience.
>>
>>43765250
When you play D&D, do your players wind up trying to fuck dryads, fae, and dragons?
You can just not say 'monster girls.'
Would you have sex with a Deep One?

If they really, REALLY wanted to, you could invoke the ending of the story that shows that humans can still breed with them.
>>
File: 1331644411485.jpg (159 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
1331644411485.jpg
159 KB, 760x596
>>43765407
>Spoiler
But why would you do that?

I suppose as an actual contribution, Oglaf's setting seems like fun. Even if it would need to be run in something rules-light.
>>
>>43765451

I'd play an Oglaf game in a heartbeat. Partially because my group has more women than men, so it wouldn't turn into a sad circlejerk. Its freewheeling approach to fantasy, general sense of fun and weird fantasy works would be a lot of fun to play with.
>>
I usually see this mentioned in these kinds of threads, so I'll throw it out there; that one guy's deviantart OC race, Legion.
A bunch of plant girls that happened because of some malfunctioning terraforming technology. There's some good ideas, but it reeks of babby's first OC race.

No picture because people complain about the art.

>>43764975
What would you even do in this setting? I don't see a lot of room for a plot.
>>
>>43765610
Play it in Apocalypse World? Raiding neighbors, infighting in the local settlement's various power groups, going out to find supply caches, occasional monster incursions, etc.
>>
>>43765610
>What would you even do in this setting? I don't see a lot of room for a plot.

There's plenty of room for plot, I'd say. Mostly you'd have to base it off of a more typical ocean-apocalypse setting, except the ocean is easier to explore on a physical level, but more dangerous due to the creatures lurking within.
>>
>>43764975
Homestuck's title system and troll race.

No, really.

Yes, HS is the mother of all skub, but both these particular faces have some interesting concepts I haven't seen much like anywhere else.
>>
File: slugterra.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
slugterra.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
>>43764975
So, it's a sci-fi western set completely underground in a series of massive caverns. You've got trains, robotic animals for mounts, and even these strange shadow creatures that stand in for Native Americans.

Added onto this is the presence of magical Slugs, that transform and gain special powers when they hit high velocities, like exploding or setting things on fire.
>>
>>43765657
>>43765657
As someone who can't be assed to look it up, explain these to me.
>>
>>43764975
F.A.T.A.L. has some cool ideas for races. There, I said it. Crucify me.

But really, if you took just the vaguest notion of each race they have and rebuilt them essentially from the ground up minus any of the retarded edginess, you could have a pretty cool set of races to play with:
Anakim: human mutants with weird features, bigger than normal, probably refluff them to get along well in human society. Maybe just merge these with humans and give all humans weird mutations
Bugbears: obnoxious large hairy humanoids that literally nobody likes because they won't shut up about how cool bugbears are and how they'll conquer the world
Ogres: come in three different flavors, including one that throws things off cliffs as their defining feature
Trolls: also come in three flavors, two are atavistic murdermachines and the third are genteel subterranean wizards that die in sunlight
Kobolds: replace with basically any imagining of kobolds other than the one in FATAL
Dwarves, elves: pretty much just make these into vanilla dwarves and elves

Obviously you'd need the right setting and the right group to scrub away any lingering hints of FATAL's stench, but you could probably have a pretty fun light hearted game about three kinds of ogre and a mutant teaming up to hunt dinosaurs on a remote mountainside and sell their valuable body parts, or something.
>>
>>43765610
You're a whole lot of disappointment anon.

Legion are a fapbait OC race by some guy named Wraith and his girlfriend on DA.
They're terraforming nanomachines that turn people into plant monstergirls with a hivemind. There's a billion castes, but what they do is usually march across the planet beating up civilization and turning people who try and stop them into more of them. People are also inexplicably fine with them.
If you just remove all of the roles and downplay the hivemind, they'd be OK as a player race. People would have to actually react to them like they're the Borg/'Nids of course.
Also maybe take out that they all turn into tittymonsters.
Pic related. As is, they're good at too much stuff. Limit it, make them good at like three things.

For your question, explore it like you would any idea.
What happens normally? Have some everyday adventures, go around and see what makes it different from real life. Then introduce some plot. Something changes, it's bad, the PCs have to investigate/stop it.
What happens when you put humanity into a small room? Everyone wants to get out of the room, also crime. There's tons of opportunities for organized crime.
>>
>>43766027
>>43765610
Maybe use the Florans from Starbound for the racial pics if you really felt like it? I mean, they're humanoid plant monsters.
>>
>>43765818
Lets see if I can remember enough.

The game the characters are playing is called SBURB. It can be played with any even number of players.
Players are initially paired up and typically find out that they are part of a larger group later. More players is usually a good thing, but player power scales a bit.
Each player is more or less a JRPG protagonist on their own and plays the Sims with their partner's environment, navigating for them and placing important objects like crafting stations.

Once the game starts, a meteor comes and hits your planet. You have to complete some objectives before then, including making your Legend of Zelda fairy, weapons, and this thing on a lathe that gets you to the next area.
The crafting system works by combining any two objects, including previously crafted items.

Is there a wiki? It probably has a better explanation than this.
>>
>>43766213
This is going to take some deciphering.

Sburb is the human name for a sandbox-style game that takes place superimposed over the real world, rather than in a virtual space. In the game, the server player is able to manipulate the client's environment in real time in a manner reminiscent of The Sims. The client of the game has no need to interact with the computer and can freely roam around completing objectives. Computers are only necessary for interacting with other players and performing meta actions like bitcoin mining the game's currency, Grist.

Actions available to the server player include being able to build rooms, add on to existing rooms, deploy game objects such as crafting stations, and manipulate objects in the client's environment, though the server player cannot manipulate objects directly affecting the client player. It is said that the server cannot operate outside of a certain radius of the client. Furthermore, the server's actions are limited by the client's supply of Build Grist (you have to buy items).

Each new client-server connection generates a unique session of the game that is apparently independent of all other sessions, unless a daisy-chain of connections is formed with existing players. The exact number of connections varies depending on the length of the chain in question, though the minimum number of players for a normal session, even if additionally null or void, is two.

Each session has been hardwired to support its final player count from the start, because Sburb cares nothing for the concept of chronology. The game appears in each universe through mysterious means. In comic, one or more meteors had fallen to Earth hundreds of years before the game began, containing frog temples. On the walls of these temples are hieroglyphs, which can be deciphered to reveal the code for the game. In the kids' session, this was done by Grandpa, who then released Sburb through his company.
>>
>>43766189

Most of the Starbound races are cool enough to just wholesale rip and put into your game of choice.

Considering that they got stuck in that Early Access hell piece of shit, you'd be doing them a favor.
>>
>>43766344
There's a lot more, holy shit.

Each player in Sburb has a mythological role which consists of two components: a class and an aspect. A title can be assembled from any combination of class and aspect. All classes and aspects have single-syllable names.

Aspects are a form of generalized "elements", in that they are primal forces of reality. Classes describe mechanics and intended roles, "channeling" the aspect into possible action and powers. Classes come in active (-) and passive (+) pairs, which can mean multiple things but roughly described as the active classes employing or affecting their aspect directly and for their own gain, and the passive classes being affected by their aspect, and sharing their actions with the team. In short, aspects describe a type of power that a player would have and classes describe how the power manifests itself.

Do note though that literal interpretation of the aspects' and classes' names can be misleading, e.g. "Prince" actually means "destroyer", and "Light" means "fortune".

Players with different aspects can end up with very similar powers depending on their class. The Life and Doom aspects may be radically different, but depending on the class their powers may end up being similar.

Both components of the title appear to have some mechanical effect on the game, depending on the class or element assigned.

Aspects are: Time, Space, Void, Light, Mind, Heart, Rage, Hope, Doom, Life, Blood, Breath
Classes are: Rogue, Thief, Heir, Maid, Page, Knight, Seer, Mage, Sylph, Witch, Bard, Prince, Muse, Lord
Active classes are Thief, Witch, Prince, and Lord. Passive classes are Rogue, Seer, Bard, and Muse. The rest are unconfirmed.
Lord and Muse are 'master' classes and only exist when there are only two players. For scaling reasons.
>>
>>43766587
If you ask, I can tell you more. It's too much to dump all at once.

Trolls are a humanoid race of aliens in the web comic Homestuck from the planet Alternia, which exists in a separate universe. They were introduced at first as a group of twelve internet trolls, who often bothered the kids on Pesterchum before being revealed as literal trolls.

Trolls have gray skin and orange eyes. Before maturity, they have dark gray irises, but these fill in with their respective blood colors as they age. Their most noticeable features are the horns sprouting from their heads, which resemble candy corn (i.e. red bottoms, progressing gradually to yellow at the tips). Young trolls have first and last names with six letters each, while older trolls tend to acquire adult names or titles, typically with 8 letters, although there are exceptions.

Prior to the *universe resetting event*, the trolls were a peaceful race, living on the ironically named planet Beforus. The species had a caste system where the higher caste trolls would aid and care for the lower castes. The heiress to the throne ran away from her duties and hid on the moon where she found a game. Just before the destruction of their race, she and eleven other trolls, inspired by the legacies of their Ancestors, played the game. However, their non-violent culture left them mentally unable to handle the difficulty of the game.

After the scratch the twenty four trolls arrived in different time periods of their planet's history than before to live out new lives with no memory of their previous roles. As a result, *plot*. He shaped and manipulated the Alternian troll race into the warlike people they are, in order to mold the twelve kids into a group strong enough and cohesive enough to finish the game. However, the twelve who originally played the game would not be the ones to play it, but rather their ancestors would be the players and they themselves would become the ancestors.
>>
File: Prinnies.jpg (48 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Prinnies.jpg
48 KB, 620x349
>>43764975
Prinnies are fucking great.
I only ever got to see Disgaea 3's story, but up to that point, players were given small hints about their nature over the different games.

So we get these souls that somehow inhabit hollow costumes and are forced into slavery on every plane of existence in order to atone for their sins, although they aren't overseen by any sort of judge or god, so their working conditions vary wildly.
The process of their reincarnation seems to be a great gathering in which they enter a trance-like state and steadily march towards some sort of light. The fact that no god oversees this also implies this is more of a natural process.
The creatures feel emotions like every other living being, but hang on to feelings like hunger even though they don't need to eat (and apparently that is something they get used to).
It's mentioned that the ones from hell have a set amount of money they must accumulate before being reincarnated.
The souls can be human or demonic (so probably of angelic nature too) and are highly explosive, although they don't seem to die out when triggered. Some noteworthy individuals carry over a few physical into their costumes alongside their memories and personalities.

From what I could gather, the games after that had some more shit about them (including a soul that didn't have a costume because of administrative reasons or something), but I don't have access to those.
>>
>>43766587
None of this actually sounds good.
>>
>>43767149
That's because it's convoluted bullshit.
>>
File: tl;dr.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tl;dr.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>43766213
>>43766344
>>43766587
>>43766786
>>
>>43767030
Prinnies are the souls of those who were worthless in life or in death, such as suicides.
They are used as servants in both Netherworlds and Celestia, though they are treated much better in Celestia. They work to earn enough money to reincarnate.
All Demons in Disgaea can reincarnate, but Prinnies can only reincarnate at an event called the Red Moon.

Being turned into a Prinny is fairly common behind the scenes, and is used for atonement for crimes or for personal reasons. In Disgaea 2, turning into a Prinny would absolve you of felonies. Defender of Earth Curtis also turned into a Prinny in 2 on account of his actions in 1. Baal also always turns into a Prinny after you kill him, so it might be a natural reincarnation stage.

The material the Prinnies are made of holds the soul together. Without it, it would disperse into nothingness. In Disgaea 4, Fuuka was going to be turned into a Prinny on arrival in Hades, but they ran out of material. Luckily they had enough for the hat, otherwise bad stuff would have happened.

They also explode when you throw them.
>>
>>43765407
>Would you have sex with a Deep One?
I had sex with Adam in an Ad Eva game only after I made an honest woman after her, does that count?
>>
File: latest.png (253 KB, 581x943) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
253 KB, 581x943
>>43767030
>including a soul that didn't have a costume because of administrative reasons or something
that's Fuka

she's still a prinny, she just hangs on to her human shape because she technically has prinny material on through her hat and because she refuses to accept that she's dead

the netherworld was running out of prinny material
>>
Games like CoC Fall of Eden, TiTS, but less focused on erotica (but if it was just a side option, that'd be cool). I feel like there's a lot of great stories and ideas that could come from these kinds of games, but they always just seem to be strictly focused on sex. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a smut game every now and then, but a game like that focused on a different kind of story? It'd be pretty cool. An easier interface and more static than a MUD/Roguelike, but also more visual than just interactive fiction. It's a sort of happy medium and I've only really seen it used for smut.
>>
>>43768297
>CoC
I knew it was a smut game going in, but I was intrigued by the whole corruption mechanic and theme which was a pretty novel way of doing a morality meter, and I like the random event nature of the exploration, so I played it for a while.
Until I reached the point where it was all pointless furry sex and then suddenly bimbos solely because the author likes them.
>>
>>43768415
>a pretty novel way of doing a morality meter
In what way? It's a number that goes from 0 to 100, and you get more evil as it goes up.
>>
>>43768436
Probably because it's influenced by something besides your actions (eating crap, and also magic).
And is used as a gate and barrier of entry instead of going up when you go through those gates.
>>
>>43765558
>I'd play an Oglaf game in a heartbeat.
>>
>>43767557
Minor quibble. I think it's that Prinnies in Celestia reincarnate when after laboring for a set number of years (though this is Celestia, so "labor" may be a bit strong; "service" might be better). It only the ones in Hell that have to buy their way out; most demons have it set up to where a Prinny's paycheck is damn near equal to the cost of living, meaning they effectively get a slave forever. Celestia is fair while Hell is not. That's why a significant number turn to high-risk high-reward occupations like mercenary work.
>>
File: Ijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.png (3 KB, 590x592) Image search: [Google]
Ijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.png
3 KB, 590x592
>>43764975
Anyone played Iji? It's a decent /v/ but not known well like cave story. There are survivors, and the creator, daniel remar's expected plot sounds intresting. Soing things to stop weapon development, stop conflict and make peace, other espionage and strategies.
Maybe if the actual game comes out, we could make a tabletop version for it, like that xcom boardgame.
>>
File: the-100.jpg (52 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
the-100.jpg
52 KB, 665x375
The 100 has a pretty decent concept.
Near future Earth is nuked and it's super radiated. A large generation space station whose trying to wait until its safe to return to the surface is running out of life support and send 100 prisoners to the surface to buy more time to fix their station. Earth is survivable*, but it's pretty messed up, and some humans have adapted to the radiation in tribal communities. Those who are born with deformations are killed, and if you don't kill your deformed kid you get cast out of the tribe.

The show is a bit lacking because those 100 people are all angsty teens.

*Survivable in that there isn't an immediate dose of lethal radiation.
>>
>>43766786
>>43766587
>>43766344
>>43766213

You could of literally just said this all in like three sentences he didn't need to know all that shit to get the basic concepts.
>>
It's not quite obscure, but the Endless series.

>>43773769
If you look, it's just a copypaste from the wiki. http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Homestuck
>>
>>43773769

>A bunch of kids are forced to play a weird Sims/RPG hybrid for the fate of the universe but are impeded by compounding fuckups that are mostly out of their control.

That's more or less the jist.
>>
>>43774054

Also there are aliens that troll them. These aliens consider hate an equally valid form of romance as love.
>>
>>43764975
Grimdark Future Knights of the Round Table.
Where the Knights are like Robot Masters, Arthur is Dr. Wily, and Merlin is Dr. Light.
>>
The world is controlled by a mega maniacal villain who reshape do the world in his image. Only a small party, including a guitar wielding wizard busting out Twisted Sister, can stand against his evil.
>>
>>43768202
mind some storytime on that?
>>
>>43775015
Sure thing, I actually have told this story before, so I have it still written up...

Needless to say, this was Ad Eva.

I was the OD, and part of the premise of the game was that the current PCs were replacing the first wave of pilots that had all previously died. After discussing this, the GM and I agreed that I was still OD back then, because the GM's story of how they died REALLY didn't leave any way in which is was my fault, and plus, I would have had some successful operations under my belt by then.

So, the GM gives me some discretion with how I interacted with the old pilots, which I abused, but the GM let it slide and the game was still fun for everyone.

Now, so, as a joke, the GM had the new pilots find the old pilot's porn.

The two boys had normal girly mags and shit, but the one girl, had a whole supply weird fetish shit with the two examples given being "The Big Boys: How to Find Which Toy is the Right Size for You" and "Sexual Hypnosis: You Are Getting Very Horny", and just a whole bookshelf of this stuff. Now my character had the "Can't be seduced or charmed very easily" asset, so, I just envision like a wacky hi-jinks scenario where this girl is trying to use her weird fetish shit to seduce me and I am just not having it.

(Cont)
>>
>>43775108
So, in one of my biggest abuses of the aforementioned discretion the GM gave me, I establish that she was totally into my OD, via one of the pilot's school chums I was allowed to play while they were at school (said school chum was also convinced that my OD was a pedophile as a result). The GM was like, "I would have preferred you talked with me about that first, but whatever, we'll go with it.", was really my bad there, but again, the other PCs had a laugh and enjoyed getting insight into the previous pilots so it worked out.

So, the GM and I get to talking after this, and, since this game is online and we have nothing better to do, decide we're gonna do a series of flashbacks about my life with the previous pilots, since their fate is important to his plot plans, and I would like to play out some of the aforementioned shenanigans.

We do some pre-planning on this, as, of course, we want to make this fit into the continuity of the game, and he goes into more detail about how he sees the previous kids. As he gets to talking about Sara, the girl, he basically describes that she is going to have a certain kind of semi-creepy obsession with me as a result of my previous establishment. We get to talking about that, and as I look over my character's own personality defects, trust issues, low sense of self-worth, dark secrets that she would unquestioningly forgive. I eventually go. "Honestly? That might work on him."

(cont)
>>
>>43775124
So, this series of flashbacks slowly morphs into a tragic love story. With Sara (who was a manu), realizing that I was the first person to actually give a shit about her, and what starts out as a crush slowly grows into an obsession because whenever my character starts to get too firm in completely shutting her down, this upsets her and he really doesn't want that (he really sees his job as MAINLY looking out for these poor kids who have to do this shit).

So, this goes on, and she is trying to practically force herself on him (not in a sexual assault sort of way, but in more of a clinging to him, insisting they ALREADY ARE a couple, trying to trick him to going on dates), and he never is quite firm enough in rejecting her, and worse yet, he realizes he is starting to like it.

He also thinks that she is a great girl, and even if there wasn't a professional and age conflict with their relationship, she actually deserves BETTER than a guy like him. Eventually he just spills all of his darkest secrets to her, detailing what a horrible person he thinks he is, because he thinks once she knows all this, she won't want to be with him and she'll be better off for this.

So, after that he is an emotional wreck, and she doesn't leave, she actually follows him to bed and holds him for the rest of the night. This ends up being the start of their relationship, which, just as they start to realize they are meant to be, all three pilots die during an activation test.

(Cont)
>>
>>43775134
While this is going on, in the main game, the other PCs are slowly discovering that the two boy former pilots are the souls of their evas, and my PC is trying to investigate the sync test accident to get some closure. There are also brief hints that the apartment is haunted (which started even before I had declared that Sara liked me). Eventually, we discover that this ghost, is, in fact Sara, which my contact that I bought to deal with this points out SHOULD be impossible. Via some creative applications of R&D IOUs, we are eventually able to establish contact with her, and, even allow her disembodied soul to create a new body out of LCL. GM told me he was planning on bringing her back from before the game started, and so I was lucky.

So, I get my waifu back, and I even use my contact to falsify some reports so that she is not listed as fit to pilot again (which, the GM was thankful for, because that meant he didn't have to re-balance encounters for TWO pointmen preventing his angels from doing things). I am so convinced that I don't want to lose her again, that we get married as soon as possible.

Thanks to her most recent death unlocking some memories of hers, and things she was told when she was younger. She reveals to me that Manus like her, aren't born with souls, and they need to get one from somewhere else. Her's is a piece of Adam's soul, that they broke off using the lance after second impact. (This being AFTER I marry her, women, right?)

(cont)
>>
>>43775154
So, after a bit of investigation, we figure out that the PC Manu, is much the same way, she has a fragment of Lillith's soul.

I, with the advice of my contact (Seriously, probably best exp I spent was on her), determine that neither the PC, nor Sara are really a threat, since, while my contact tells me that biology can dramatically effect how a soul expresses its personality, back when Sara was just a ghost, and therefore had no biology to warp her personality, she basically only caused a little bit of destruction trying to get us to notice her, and still liked us and didn't want to hurt us. That said, both of the manus needed protecting from people who wanted to abuse their power.

So the ending comes along, and the NPCs try to take Sara for some plan of theirs, but I am having NONE of that, and spend my remaining IOUs to get the invading UN army on my side, and refuse to let her out of my sight for a MOMENT. We have a pretty cool battle against the MPEs, until they finally field Lilith against us, for... Whatever their instrumentality plan was, I don't think we found out.

So, it turns out, the NPCs wanted Sara to pilot the special eva in our basement (the one whose activation test killed the three pilots) because it was made out of the rest of Adam, and since we had the lillith Manu on our side it would have been a complete Adam vs an incomplete Lilith. However, sensing its ancient enemy, Adam Eva woke up all on its own.

(cont)
>>
>>43775168
So, the situation was, we had both lances, both shards of Adam and Lillith, but the remaining parts of the two were about to fight each other. The GM figured we were going to use the lances, but the way I saw it, I was just going to be GIVING the lances back to the angels if I did it that way, so my call was to let them fight.

And that is how third impact started.

The pilots were all protected by their Eva's AT fields, while meanwhile Sara was able to manifest enough of one on her own to protect me. Lillith had some small amount of pity for Humanity, so she figured she would let us all sleep forever in our own personal dream world. Thanks to our AT field partners all of us PCs were able to break free, and communicate, with the progenitors.

We really didn't have the power to stop either of them, what we DID have though, was the power to play kingmaker. We made an offer, that we will allow either of their souls to become whole again which would greatly enhance their powers, but in return, once they defeated the other, they would have to allow their soul fragments to finish out their human lives (pitiful compared to their timescale), before reshaping the world as they saw fit.

Lillith, was willing to see what her accidental creations were truly like. Once that became Apparent, Adam was forced to negotiate for the same deal or be destroyed by Lillith (who at least planned to let us LIVE, even if just inside her dream machines).

(cont)
>>
>>43775184
The end result?

Adam's full soul ended up inside Sara, and Lillith's full soul ended up inside the PC manu. The fact that both soul fragments were selected to assert control over the larger, and the fact that the angels agreed to allow them to live out their lives, basically meant that the two Manus were in charge.

The PC ended up nearly immediately betraying herself and split her soul among all her remaining clones (saving them was part of her personal arc), fracturing Lillith's power and greatly reducing her chance of returning.

Sara, on the other hand, embraced as much of the full power of Adam's soul as the human body can manage (which to be fair, isn't really too much, unless she was willing to give her humanity up), which she ended up using the extend both of our lives beyond the natural limit (which worked because one of the things she REFUSED to accept in our relationship is that due to the age gap (never mind her angel origins), she would certainly outlive me), and decided that she was still going to fulfill her mission of populating the world with her creations... By having as many babies with me as she could. (We also ended up adopting one of the other PCs, even though they were about the same age as Sara)

And thus Adam never came back, because Adam never WANTED to come back, and as a result, our plan went from "Well, we can delay this so WE'RE okay" to actually ending the threat because I stuck it in the underage crazy.
>>
>>43775199
amazing, wish i could get a game like that

or get a group at all
>>
>>43775199
Huh. Well that was interesting. I guess that one guy was right.

Through dick, unity.
>>
on setting i wanna play i say starsector

the tldr of it is newly coloniced sector with a bunch of on goin terraforming planets, the colapes hapens and the entire sector is incomunicated from the universe, you get adventure in space

the neat thing is that the factories are super adbance an can churn out battleships like no tomorrow but shit is DRM, yes DRM, that keep the sector from anything resembling stability, since EVERY tool ship and part is with a DRM chip

it should do a good "survive by the skin of your teeth" kind of game
>>
>>43775225
Yeah, it is a solid group, I am actually not in their current ongoing game sadly enough, but I still hang out with them and will probably jump in when their current campaign resolves.

>>43775305
It was pretty nice, it really happened mostly organically. We did plan out the flashbacks, as I mentioned, but that was mostly to avoid creating time paradoxes. But even the stuff we planned was drawn out from our character traits, and even then the actual scenes rarely went exactly how we planned it. Initially my love interests were the Vice-commander, and one of my bridge bunnies.

The GM had decided she was Adam well before I declared her love for me, and Adam actually figured heavily into my character's backstory. And then we just ended up this perfectly complementing pair of co-dependents, which is about as close as Eva gets to real romance.
>>
>>43764975
Zero no Tsukaima. The whole thing was sad. unflushed Fantasy setting gooodies, bogged down by haremshit composed of a cast full of the most unlikable assholes.
>>
>>43775108
>>43775124
>>43775134
>>43775154
>>43775168
>>43775184
>>43775199

can anyone screen cap this? wanna keep it
>>
>>43764975
Sword Art Online
>>
>>43764975
Okay, here we go: Sword Skills, Martial Arts, whatever you want to call them.

Preprogrammed movements that are relative to the user's body, but move well beyond a human's ability to move and react.
>>
>>43767557
>>43767030
it is important(and disgusting) to note that prinny skin is made in factories. Slightly rubbery hollow penguin skins are made in a factory.

>>43770480
the prinnies deserve some of what they get, though. A lot are rather incompetent even after factoring the peg legs, and nearly all of them are criminally lazy unless properly motivated.

But they always treat themselves as the victims, whether or not they deserve it.
>>
>>43773828

I'd give my wallet to play an Endless Space tabletop.
>>
>>43781340
It has had a thread or two before.
Someone suggested Numanera or something for Legend.

I don't know what I'd run Space in, it depends on what the players want to actually do.
>>
>>43779058
Could just print screen and paste it in paint man. I would do it, but I am the guy who posted it, and I think screenshoting your own posts with the (you) in them is pretty tacky
>>
>>43783319
You literally could have just not told us that and edited them out and no one here would have been the wiser
>>
>>43764975
pretty much anything from the giver.
>>
>>43766440
The fluff from starbound is beautiful. I wish the starbound-writefags would work for some competent developers
>>
>>43764975
>>43765058
Gonna need sauce here, op
>>
>>43787563
Was that that scifi movie that didn't have to be scifi?

>>43787601
Yeah, really.
Earth, the Human's home planet in case you didn't know, has been destroyed by a horrible tentacle monster. They're still around, but are nowhere near the most populous race.
Apex are monke- ape people. Super smart, strong, stuck in a 1960s Earth aesthetic. Except for some resistance pockets, they're indoctrinated slaves of Big Ape, their ruler. He's really nervous about it.
Florans are space orcs. Except they're plants. They also eat everything. Everyone just thinks they're cute, which should be the first thing to change. Remove Floran remove floran
Hylotl are fish people, and the game's Japan expy. They used to be warmongering, but an engineered virus made them all docile, artsy, and insufferably preachy.
Glitch are hivemind robots. They really like how the Renaissance period looked. Renegades are terminated with extreme prejudice.
Avian are theocratic bird people. They practice religious tyranny and throwing people out of towers. Aztec-y. A lot of dissidents.
Novakids are small stars. Like, actual bags of gas and fusion. They have a old west theme, like to party, and tend to have problems forming proper value judgement. And long-term memories.

>>43789066
http://free.hentai.ms/manga/Misc_Random-Doujins_LIMB-LEGION-English
It's 15 pages. The second 15 pages are worldbuilding and anatomy.
>>
File: shingeki no improvement.jpg (33 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
shingeki no improvement.jpg
33 KB, 450x300
I always thought that Attack on Titan's initial concept was really fucking cool. There's a horde of monsters at the gates, but instead of being cliché zombies or whatever, they're fucking inhuman giants that you have to kill by zipping around like Spiderman and stabbing them in their weak point (the back of the neck! Holy shit! That's gotta be hard to hit!).

And then there are, every once and a while, weird aberrant ones that are like three times the size of the rest of them who seriously fuck shit up somehow, and nobody even knows where they all come from.

I have to admit that I never really did find out where the Titans came from. I gave up before they got that far because it was so damn bleak it got rote. But aside from the transformation stuff I thought that what they had in, say, the first three episodes was fucking cool as hell.
>>
>>43792178
Attack on Titan started off awesome for me, since they really showes off how difficult they were to kill.

By the second half though, they're cutting them down by the dozens and all the threat is gone.
>>
>>43792243
Seriously! It started off that they were a hugely credible threat, and to have the MC and co. going after them with what amounted to shitty jetpacks and giant box cutters was hype as hell.
I didn't even get to the second half, though, because of two things: one, the transformation aspect, which I thought really muddied the threat of the titans and actually kind of demystified them to me a little bit; and two, the amount of time they spent lingering on people being traumatized/shocked/disturbed by how dangerous the Titans were, instead of focusing on showing, y'know, the Titans being dangerous. It was a "show, not tell" thing where they kept telling us how scared the characters were of the Titans instead of showing us that the Titans were scary, if that makes sense.
>>
>>43771849
Ijji is one of the best gamemaker-made games. So the actual game is already there. Maybe if I look around I'll find it again. Untill then Google is your friend.
>>
>>43764975
Fuck, I read that
>>
>>43770440
SHOW ME YOUR HONOUR!
>>
>>43773604
I thought that show could've been way better, but that the premise was really solid. What system would you run it in?
>>
>>43773828
And yet you answered very little of his question and told him nothing that made the trolls interesting. Why the fuck did you think copying and pasting that wiki page was a good idea?
>>
File: lilou.jpg (103 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
lilou.jpg
103 KB, 720x576
It's kinda schlocky, but I've always thought the gang warfare of Urban Rivals could be kinda neat for a cyberpunk setting.
>>
>>43797746
Isn't that the girl from The Fifth Element? With that crazy gun?
>>
>>43798558
It is.

Speaking of, Fifth Element would be an excellent RT/DH setting>>43798558
>>
File: SENTINEL_IRENE_N3_STD2.jpg (105 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
SENTINEL_IRENE_N3_STD2.jpg
105 KB, 720x576
>>43798558
Urban Rivals has a lot of pop-culture references.

If you look closely at the display, she's looking up Valter Bianco (another character in a criminal game and a fairly transparent reference to Walter White).
>>
File: MONTANA_VERMAIRE_N4_STD2.jpg (133 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
MONTANA_VERMAIRE_N4_STD2.jpg
133 KB, 720x576
>>43798625
*criminal gang

And here's Roger from American Dad passing himself off as an art forger.
>>
File: love wins.gif (317 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
love wins.gif
317 KB, 300x300
>>43764975
>>
>>43765058
This is literally the plot of Blazblue.
>>
>>43773769
>>43766786
>>43766587
>>43766786
There's already a game about it. Something something overseer something. Sucks balls though.
>>
>>43765451
there was a 4th ed monster kind of like in your pic, except it was a cape instead of a pelt
>>
>>43765058
I had a campaign with two parties. One was sky pirates, who did trading between mountain ports and sheltered valleys. The other was crystal chronicles, which centered on people who had gotten stuck in in the fog and relied on crystals to repel the toxic miasma.

This isn't a rare notion, and it doesn't need to be salvaged.
>>
>>43782552
Aesthetically, Numenera and Endless Legend share quite a bit. Mechanically, Endless' focus on Dust as a resource for pretty much everything is at odds with Numenera's rule-set. Most Numenera magic is effectively done by brain power, or one-off devices.

You could homebrew something to make it work, but I don't think it'd be the easiest fix.
>>
>>43798697
Wat?
>>
>>43790490
no it was a dystopian book that had a bunch of interesting ideas but failed to explore them properly and there was so much going on that the setting ended up making no sense

I think they did make a movie but I haven't seen it.

everybody in it was made colorblind with genetic modification and they had a guy called the giver who kept history alive with his memorys.
>>
>>43771849
the "don't kill people" game?
Man, fuck that thing.
>>
>>43794076
>So the actual game is already there.
Yes, but he has a planned sequel that may even not be developed. Basically what I said, a game of sabotaging and doing other stuff to maintain general peace, dissolve conflict, and primarily, stop the GEN-3 weapon development.
>>
>>43804027
You can easily murdurhobo your way through the entire game, and doing specific things will save your brother, genocide or not. Also fun in combining weapons and kicking shit.
>>
>>43765250
Well the world has qt octogirls, so it's bound to happen unless you remove them and then what's even the point of playing in the setting?
>>
>>43765058
So it's basically just an oceanic version of Crystal Chronicles?
>>
>>43768415
Yeah, CoC had potential but the author went too deep in his own fetishes for it to be great
>>
>>43805546
Hey hey, anon, I don't expressly mind that.
I mind that MY fetishes got left by the wayside in the process of autismbux and egomania.
Then the fuck never finishes the game, and refuses to pass it off to the people who offered to do it for him.
All to work on a game that then doesn't even cater to half the same kinks as CoC.
>>
>>43805591
That sorta was my point
>>
>>43805591
What did he leave off?
>>
>>43810639
Probably the corruption aspect. And the demons in general.

If you play TITS, it's really just some of CoC in space until you hit the one planet with robots. And even then they're a cop-out.
The whole time it's just furries and futa.
>>
>>43804126
qt fishgirls?
>>
File: D1_Spirit_Concept.jpg (31 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
D1_Spirit_Concept.jpg
31 KB, 500x635
>>43767030
>From what I could gather, the games after that had some more shit about them (including a soul that didn't have a costume because of administrative reasons or something
These are "Ghosts" in disgaea, and they're actually more common than Prinnies, and in fact outnumber demons in some Netherworlds.

Also Disgaea, as far as I'm aware doesn't have planes of existence, or at least not in the DnD context. The only "plane" I can think of is in Soul Nomad(NIS games all happen within the same universe) with Drazil. Netherworld (Demonworlds), Celestias(Angelworlds), and Human Worlds are all planets in the cosmos that people use gates to get too.
>>
File: EDF_Soldier_d1bu.jpg (122 KB, 427x500) Image search: [Google]
EDF_Soldier_d1bu.jpg
122 KB, 427x500
>>43813770
>that people use gates to get too.
It also is possible to get there by Space Ship, it's just that magical warp travel is more popular.

A main plot point in the first game was the invasion of the netherworld by Earth humans.
>>
>>43764975
Gate something.

Basically portal appears to a fantasy world but it was horribly horribly done.
>>
>>43814007
>Basically portal appears to a fantasy world but it was horribly horribly done.

At the risk of bait, how was it horribly done?
>>
>>43778240
I have yet to see any summoning thing done well. At best its 'meh'. Shame it has great potential but from what I can tell its not an easy thing to pull off.
>>
>>43813770
Aren't Ghosts just a kind of demon?

>>43814059
It's called 'Gate'.
It's full of the glorious Japanese army demolishing fantasy heavyweights. And dick jokes.
>>
>>43814593
I know what it's called and what it is. I'm asking what specific gripes you have with it other than "lol >jsdf being relevant".
>>
>>43764975
I have a game very near and dear to my heart that's flew under the radar largely due to being buggy, unpolished, difficult and the occasional puzzle that breaks with the flow of the mission. Signal Ops is a game where you're working for an internal security agency in an inept dystopia. It's a bit like Paranoia, but it's more like you're putting up with well meaning but bloated bureaucracy. Only 3 out of 9 missions have you dealing with any actual rebels, rather dealing with management constraints and working behind other government branches' backs. The first real mission has you planting evidence in innocent civilians' homes that a scattered note in your office reveals was likely necessary due to recently increased rebel-catching quotas. Another mission chain had you plant a bomb on a military train that would detonate outside a rebel base so they could clear it, only to eventually reveal that the military cut a deal with the rebels for safe passage anyway.
>>
>>43764975
I've sorta been on the fence about trying to stat Homestuck Trolls for D&D, regardless of the shitty fandom I do find them interesting
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.