[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adorable Romance Stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 26
File: open shirt.jpg (241 KB, 1280x1580) Image search: [Google]
open shirt.jpg
241 KB, 1280x1580
>>43763463

Continued from the last thread.

Another PC (a knight of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, a Templar conspiracy to kill the antichrist with the Daggers of Meggido) rescued this girl of the Quintet, a group of songstresses who could evoke miracles through, well, songs.

The thing was that each girl had a minor blessing of her own, and one of them could walk on air whenever she was happy. She had very little control of this power, and often used it unconsciously. But around that particular PC, she could always use that power.

The secret was that she was always happy when she was with him.

I've actually run the campaign a few times with different groups, and it's always interesting to see how the PCs interact with the Quintet.
>>
I've read you posting about your game/the Quintet a long time ago. They seemed fairly neat.
>>
>>43764207

Yeah, I'll admit: As a DM, character-heavy stories are the most fun ones, really. But generally, to make it easier for me to run, I don't have more than one PC's love interest show up at the same time, so to speak. So everyone gets a 'spotlight episode' that is peripheral to the main plot.
>>
>>43764270
I'd love to GM more character heavy stories but I feel like my characters are terrible and not up to par with what they should/could be.

The "always walking on air around that particular PC" thing is gloriously cheesy/silly and I love it.
>>
>>43764360

It's a visual metaphor for her being a very 'flighty' girl, prone to daydreaming and flights of fancy. The Quintet is meant to be a parallel to the PC party, but one that they can satisfyingly surpass in power very quickly.

Like, the thing about PCs is that they're fiercely individualistic. We had a templar knight, a Japanese mage, a British wizard and an American oracle, and each one has his own paradigm.

Also, the PC rescued the girl from a werewolf by dramatically bursting in through a window, cutting off it's arm, and princess carrying her to safety. There's no way a girl wouldn't be absolutely enchanted by that.

Curiously, in a previous campaign, another PC picked the group's leader instead, whom I personally thought was the least interesting as she had to be the 'straight woman' of the group.
>>
The hell is all this?
>>
>>43764524

It's a follow-up from the last thread, where people were talking about the most risque image used for character art. There's a slight tangent about romantic encounters in games, but feel free to post more images.
>>
>>43764555

In the other thread, someone said that PC interaction is a big draw over actual sex. I agree, because sex is the culmination to things. The real fun is everything leading up to it.
>>
>Knight Paladin Kobold character
>Semi-forced to marry a human Princess

Kind of a one-sided romance if you can call it that, but the rest of the group thought it was pretty cute, till it got weird.
>>
File: heh.png (193 KB, 363x484) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
193 KB, 363x484
inb4 princess and ladyknight
>>
File: claclannoir.jpg (61 KB, 467x640) Image search: [Google]
claclannoir.jpg
61 KB, 467x640
>>43765476

Aw fuck, please, no. I like lovely but feminine lady knights, but the way people keep trying to turn it into a femdom or a lesbian thing is just kind of depressing.
>>
File: 1386822294409.jpg (357 KB, 643x950) Image search: [Google]
1386822294409.jpg
357 KB, 643x950
>>43763864
Romance in tabletops? Well. Most of the NPCs in the campaign we're playing right now are extremely well fleshed out. I think the DM is a little obsessive about this sort of thing. Well, anyway, there are two major NPCs in our current campaign who have a love story thing going on. It's cliche as hell, but it makes us happy.

One is the eternally stressed and anxious mission control character for our party, who has to clear up all the trouble that we make and try to keep us off the enemy radar, as well as dealing with all of our batshit insane requests ('We need you to airdrop us two hundred gallons of mollases. There's no time to explain, please just trust me and do it'.) She used to be a teacher, before being dragged into this shadow war to save the world, and as a hobby she's something of an amateur writer, mostly children's books, though she doesn't have an awful lot of time for that since we are constantly harrying her.

It's not intentional. We burned through like three mission controls before we found her, and she's doing the best job so far. Girl might be a stuttering mess when it comes to social interaction, but she can run an organisation like nothing else. We try to make it easier, but... Adventuring is a fairly unpredictable career, and we get carried away, both on and off the clock.

Anyway. Mission Control has a huge crush on another NPC, one of the guard captains for the HQ, a seven foot tall amazon who suplexes giants and spends about fifteen hours a day in the gymnasium yelling at rookies. Mission Control is absolutely steadfast in her refusal to say anything to said captain, despite our prodding, and we actually go easy on it these days because when we (jokingly) threatened to tell her crush if she didn't, she locked herself in her quarters for two days and the base went to hell. Like I said, we get carried away.

Our DM is great.
>>
>>43765873
Pretty much princess and ladyknight.

Fuckin' A, >>43765476 guy.
>>
>>43763864

Who were the other girls? There are five of them, right?
>>
Fuck, why do I have to be reading this in bed. I've got a perfect story about my character and his Kitsune sorceress wife that would be great for this thread.
>>
>>43766376
>my character and his Kitsune sorceress wife

I hope you don't post it.
>>
File: kitsune girls.jpg (8 MB, 4250x2500) Image search: [Google]
kitsune girls.jpg
8 MB, 4250x2500
>>43766421

Not that guy, but I liked their depiction in Oboro Murasama. Also, that fox is getting crunk.
>>
>>43766421

She was dangerously cunning and utterly ambitious dude, she helped my character usurp a duke and become landed nobility. she wasn't a delicate waif by any means.

Plus she ripped the balls off our Kitsune rogue after he tried to proposition her during a low point in the campaign.
>>
>>43766525

I thought all Kitsune are female.
>>
>>43766525
>She was dangerously cunning and utterly ambitious dude, she helped my character usurp a duke and become landed nobility. she wasn't a delicate waif by any means.
>Plus she ripped the balls off our Kitsune rogue after he tried to proposition her during a low point in the campaign.

I regret reading any of that.
>>
File: kuesu2.jpg (400 KB, 1307x2212) Image search: [Google]
kuesu2.jpg
400 KB, 1307x2212
>>43766554

The funniest one I've seen is a guy who eventually hooked up with the 'mean girl'. She was all ice and poison to every other female character, but all sweetness and light around him. There's this whole 'taming the alpha bitch' thing to it that's very attractive, I suppose.
>>
>>43766376
Nu huh.
>>
Risque image 1/3
>>
>>43766598

Tamamo is best girl.

>>43766544

This was Pathfinder, where the Kitsune are male and female. Mercifully, the DM didn't keep the anthro design for them and instead just went full fox, Kenomimi, and full human.

The wife in question's looks were apparently based on Ahri.
>>
>>43766632
Risque image 2/3
>>
>>43766649
Risque image 3/3
>>
>>43766645
>Ahri
the best LoL semen demon
>>
File: comfy.jpg (53 KB, 197x190) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
53 KB, 197x190
>>43765547
>not having the patrician fetish of a combat class being a bashful sub to a non-combat class top

I pity you.
>>
>>43767137
Played out and embarrassing, cuz
>>
>>43767230
You know what else is played out? Heterosexual relationships with traditional male/female gender roles. Are those cringey too for being so over-done and cliche? :^)
>>
>>43767335
Those have a purpose, and aren't a subversion for the sake of a fad. Hard to argue that they are comparable concepts.
>>
>>43767367
>Those have a purpose
That's a pretty big statement to make, that certain types of relationships inherently have a purpose, while others inherently don't.
>Children, family, yadayada
Keep in mind, this thread is about romance and lovers, not necessarily marriage and "settling down."
>>
>>43766632
>Fighting Rathalos with a fire weapon
>Not wearing a waist piece
>Worst Touhou

Shit son this is a mess.
>>
>>43767335

So you're saying that most gay people are just acting out? You know, in the sexual equivalent of the edgy rebel phase?
>>
>>43767523
Absolutely not. I was challenging his notion of "Lesbians? Ugh, cliche!"
>>
>>43767492
Tenshi just wants to get the Rathalos dick.

Also fuck you, Tenshi is great.
>>
>>43766525
>Plus she ripped the balls off our Kitsune rogue after he tried to proposition her during a low point in the campaign.

Hey, I remember you! That was a pretty funny story to read, actually.
>>
File: Ty.Lee.full.1104953.jpg (92 KB, 500x1048) Image search: [Google]
Ty.Lee.full.1104953.jpg
92 KB, 500x1048
>>43763864
Good to see that some people are having fun!

We superheroes don't have that luxury.
>>
>>43765476
This guy knows what's up. Knights and nobility always lead to cute things regardless of who is what gender.

>>43765547
>He actually believes every princess is female
>>
>>43767492
I think that weapon was made with the monster's bone/scales, but again I never played it on my life.
>>
>>43767641
>>
File: 1441535363862.jpg (36 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1441535363862.jpg
36 KB, 500x304
I had a PC who was an ex-soldier. He was essentially retired and was working on a small farm with his wife. After he joined the party (usual calling out of retirement bullshit), at almost every town they entered, he would set aside 3 hours in game time to buy some parchment, send a letter to his wife (usual "doing fine <3<3 wub u") and almost always put like, 20% of the gold earned in a package that he had sent to her via courier.

At the end of the campaign, he survived and went home to find out that she saved most of the money he sent and used the rest to pick up painting as a hobby.

I didn't have the heart to pull any "your wife is dead/cheated on you" bullshit
>>
File: 1448134456305.jpg (53 KB, 599x576) Image search: [Google]
1448134456305.jpg
53 KB, 599x576
>>43768893
>and used the rest to pick up painting as a hobby
Did she end up painting him like one of her French boys?
>>
>>43768893
>I didn't have the heart to pull any "your wife is dead/cheated on you" bullshit
You are a good man.
>>
File: 1438976839983.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438976839983.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>>43768819
>>
>>43768893
Sounds like a Shapeshifter to me!
>>
>>43767641
Honestly the biggest objection I had wasn't the "pure Gulliver"cliche, but the overdone subversion of the "bara sub, bishi dom" aspect.

It's tired and I hate it.
>>
>>43770482
Girl love, not Gulliver.
>>
>>43770482
>>43770491
>pure Gulliver
>pure girl love

9/10, top kek, new meme.
>>
>>43770482
But the ojou-sama/bishi pairing isn't tired, it's a goddamn classic. It's just in this case the knight is the bishi (still a sub) and the princess is a proper ojou-sama (still a dom).
The natural order is preserved in this relationship trope, not subverted.
>>
>>43770658
The meme is experienced head of princess's guard late-night, virginal teenage princess. Not Christmas cake princess, knight-initiate candidate.

Or have you been missing the dozens of threads this fall?
>>
>>43770745
I swear I'm not saying this to be spiteful, but I've seen more people complain about the potential of a discussion about princess/ladyknight, than actual threads about princess/ladyknight.
>>
>>43770785
In the last week or two? Sure, I'll agree, you get a ladyknight/princess mention, and it gets jumped on by haters. But that shit was in damn near every fantasy thread a month ago. Which is probably why the haters, myself included, are so vocal.
>>
Ok I'm curious is the princess & ladyknight talk rising from Yoru no Nai Kuni that was recently released in JP and coming soon to west?
>>
>>43770917
Probably not. It's a concept that's been fairly common for at least 5 or 6 years and existed in relative obscurity for quite a while before that.
>>
>>43770917
I am told it is a common, tired trope, but I'm having trouble finding many examples in fiction.
>>
>>43771546
All I can think of off the top of my head is Loras and Renly from GoT.
>>
>>43770977
Fairly common where? I agree with the other person, I've only come across this concept once, and that was just some drawing.
>>
I think /tg/ assumes the princess/ladyknight thing is cliché because it gets brought up by /u/fags a lot or discussed as active characters in a campaign. But in the real world outside this board, it appears to be almost nonexistent.
>>
>>43773655
>implying all /tg/ does isn't just circlejerk irrelevant to the outside world
>>
>>43765129
I couldn't agree more
>>
PC is a big, burly, halfdragon barbarian. Or draognblooded, or whatever passes for 'halfdragon' in this setting. the DM likes wow-style dragons that stay in human form 100% of the time, so go figure.

At any rate, tribal nomad and barbarian. Plunder, pillage, looting, bragging. A certain, massive, disdain for 'civilized' and 'settled' folk, and a disbelief that anyone can be important or competent without being martially capable.

So the party is busy exploring the world, and they cross some dangerous ocean to make contact with a land of desert traders. They're weird and strange and the party gets briefed that A, masks are really important to them (irrelevant) and B, that deals and agreements and sales are sacred as well. If someone tries to buy something you HAVE to give a price. It can be something they'll never possibly meet, but you have to give it... and if they somehow DO meet it, better pay up, chump. Barbarian is okay with this; honah and keeping your word is fairly rudimentary proud noble savage stuff.

Barbarian meets a fellow while taking care of some personal business. He's wealthy-looking, probably a merchant or something, both snarky and nosey, trying to get involved in her matters. On the other hand, she's accepting the hospitality of someone who doesn't want her punching a business partner, and he does offer some help, so they're forced to part on friendly terms.

Later on, they wind up needing help with some matter (some of their npcs have vanished mysteriously) and they are directed to a local Big Shot... who turns out to be the fella Barbarian already met. (It's also been established that Barbarian looks like exotic nobility from a neighboring country.) Party is here after some missing people, some of their missing crew, so they're serious about this. Barbarian, curt and to the point, goes, "Can you help us?" yes. "What do you want for your help?". He's got to give a price now, right?
>>
>>43775969

Being a general dashing, wealthy, flirtatious eligible bachelor, he responds with something along the lines of "Well, who could say no to a kiss?".

Barbarian, being literal minded, and impatient (well, actually, really, she thinks she's being clever by cornering him with this informally-brokered deal) grabs him by the shirt, hauls him close, pulls his mask off and kisses him.

Well. A six-foot-plus dragongirl doing that to you apparently leaves quite an impression. After catching his breath, sure enough, he's pretty prompt about delivering. It winds up that one of his merchant rivals is pretty much behind this. As they say, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, which mainly involves trading violence and risk of bodily harm for large amounts of money.

That's the kind of relationships that basically guarantees everyone's on good terms. And Barbarian, well... She's really quite confused. Remember, she has a hard time believing you can be important or successful or anything without personally being a force to be reckoned with. So merchant prince here is clearly a figure of respect, authority, renown... and oh, you better believe, wealth. And nobody's killing him to take his stuff, people seem to obey, respect, even fear him... Clearly he has to be a tremendous badass, right? ...right?
>>
>>43775988

On top of that, he's handsome, flirtatious, intelligent, and a good host. And he has a tail, for reasons. Which Barbarian thinks is a firmly masculine trait, and in less guarded moments will mock the local race for having tails on their *women* and none on their *men*. Well, except this one guy. Just wait until barbarian gets one herself at tenth level.

Then there's the other part. PCs get to know him a little, and he's relatively generous with his friends, which is of course, a great way to make friends. The party is new in a foreign land, and though briefed, they're still coming to grips with things. He turns out to have resources and experience, and is willing (when he has time, and even a few times when he doesn't,) to answer questions and help the party get settled. Barbarian also notes- or maybe she doesn't, but her player does- that when she asks a question and he knows the answer, he seems capable of not rubbing her lack of knowledge in her face. He can answer a question or teach without ruffling the barbarian's rather large ego the wrong way.

That actually counts for an awful lot. And later, barbarian died/was reported dead briefly during some of the adventuring shenanigans in the area. And he seemed somewhat upset about that, which is always touching.

Then he got ensconced in a religious ceremony/proceeding that allowed no contact with outsiders, and Barbarian had to go off and fulfill an oath for a year, then came back in hot pursuit, with no time to visit.

But recently one of the PCs had reason to go back, and it's clear that he hasn't forgotten.
>>
File: f2nF246.jpg (9 KB, 152x225) Image search: [Google]
f2nF246.jpg
9 KB, 152x225
>>43766645
>>
File: 7869978.png (3 MB, 2656x796) Image search: [Google]
7869978.png
3 MB, 2656x796
>>43767335

Yeah, traditional hetero relationships are totally overplayed. Try something new.
>>
>>43776010
That's wonderful.
>>
>>43763864
I think in my current game, which is a sci-fi romp of sorts, the leader of the party and his counterpart have a bit of an unspoken rivalry. They knew one another as kids, but the Admiral manages to - through two field promotions that stuck and sheer will - hold the rank of Vice Admiral at 34. Our intrepid hero is like 30, and not a psionic.

She is going to use every opportunity she can to use him as a resource, and I'm pretty sure the character's all about it.

My group hasn't had cutesy romances, because they have a tendency of courting powerful women who could kill them in a heartbeat. Think Geralt's relationships but with less sex.
>>
My IRL groups never have romance, only "high Charisma check >>> one night stand," no one seems interested in emotional commitment.

Online games, I once had a cleric attract a local fangirl, but nothing came of it because I had to drop out shortly thereafter.
>>
I once was able to live my fetish and played a male human healing-focused paladin who fell in love with a lizardfolk girl.
>>
>>43777076
>Think Geralt's relationships but with less sex.

>Implying Geralt isn't on equal footing with most Sorceresses
>Implying Geralt's relationships weren't cutesy as fuck
>Implying Triss wasn't a fan-girl or Yennefer didn't genuinely love him.
>>
>>43776963
Thanks.

Barbarian has determined she may be a princess, too.
>>
>>43777076
>My group hasn't had cutesy romances, because they have a tendency of courting powerful women who could kill them in a heartbeat.

But anon, cutesy romances with powerful women are the BEST kind of romances, not just because the PCs actually have to work themselves in there to earn her attention and affection.
>>
>>43779703
I'll give you that. Those are extremely fair points.

Think of all my players having the tastes of Geralt, but none of the success. I think that summarizes it better.

>>43779754
I think only one player in my current run has a chance at a semi-normal relationship. He caught the eye of a singer at a smoky bar, and saved her life when a giant robot burst through the wall via airdrop.

Who would've thought imminent threat of death would've set up a scenario to get someone's number? This merc, thought that, apparently.

>was dancing on stage with her
>Charisma roll to hold composure and look good dancing
>passed like a champ, 3DoS
>explosion
>incoherent screaming
>throws woman over his shoulder and runs downstairs
>sets her down in building's front lawn, gives her his number, winks, joins squad to shoot down asshat noble with a stolen mech

In hindsight yea that actually would qualify as "romantic introduction" for PCs.
>>
This thread makes me sad that I can never find a text campaign that does romance drama shenanigans. There's a voice campaign where my character has a wife, but that doesn't go anywhere because shit's awkward as fuck over voice.
>>
>Small prehistoric tribe game
>A player human character has a goblin husband and half-kids

It's kind of cute, since despite the physical differences, she still plays the role of caretaker and homemaker.
>>
>>43780245
>I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE THREE FEET TALLER THAN ME OOG
>BUT MAAA
>I'LL WHIP YOUR HALF-GOBLIN ASS WITH MY WHOLE FOOT ASK YOUR FATHER
>She'll do it man
>>
File: 1441639557930.png (748 KB, 931x522) Image search: [Google]
1441639557930.png
748 KB, 931x522
>>43766645
>Tamamo is best girl.
Going to have to disagree with you.
>>
>>43780324
I loled
>>
File: Jeanne.jpg (3 MB, 2300x1704) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne.jpg
3 MB, 2300x1704
>>43780483
Please, Nero's not even the best saber clone.
>>
>>43780767
Jeanne isn't a saber clone. Go back to trying to be cool.
>>
File: 1444567919008.png (539 KB, 840x812) Image search: [Google]
1444567919008.png
539 KB, 840x812
>>43780767
Best boy.
>>
File: NiggaDatShitsKawaii.png (211 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
NiggaDatShitsKawaii.png
211 KB, 500x313
>>43763864
Nigga that's adorable.
>>
File: realhumanbeing.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
realhumanbeing.gif
967 KB, 245x250
I actually DMed a couple campaigns with recurring princess/ladyknight PCs, which ended up being screencapped in a valentine's day /tg/ romance thread, then got passed around at every possible opportunity. I'm probably one of the people responsible for /tg/ being burnt out on princess/ladyknight pairings. Sorry, guys.
>>
I love this kind of stuff. It's so rare.

I had a sidequest involving two in-love-but-obstructed NPCs at one point. Got to dump their story, but the players didn't really pick up on it, and they never helped them back together.
I guess it's hard to blame them. They had other things on their minds.
>>
I've been in an ongoing game for a while where my PC is romantically involved with the other (it's just the two of us). The main story that springs to mind is actually the time their relationship almost ended. And yes, it's yuri, so if you don't like it don't read.

A little backstory first; the Wizard, one of our two heroines, got captured by a demon-hunter through the classic thrown-brick-to-the-back-of-the-head stratagem. The Rogue, other heroine and quarter demon, found out where she was being kept, but needed some help for the actual rescue. Happily, she'd run into an old classmate (and ex-girlfriend) of hers who she was ultimately able to convince to help out, in return for a bit of help later. The two of them worked together, and totally failed to rescue the Wizard. But! The Rogue's willingness to die as long as the Wizard was set free was sufficient to convince the demon hunter (who was already suspecting that this job was iffy) that she wasn't actually a bad person, so everything worked out all right.

At that time, anyway.

Later, the Rogue and Wizard were keeping the Rogue's promise to her old friend, and helping to investigate a theft. The Wizard put an invisibility-shell on the Rogue, and the Rogue went in to investigate. Alone. Leaving her current and former girlfriends, who had already not gotten along that well, together.

It should not come as a surprise that the Rogue's invisibility faded at a very inconvenient time, and as she ran up the stairs from the basement with a piping-hot blackberry jam golem in hot pursuit, she heard the Wizard and the ex fighting in the crowded market square immediately outside.
>>
>>43787073
The feuding pair were forced to put their differences aside to instead stop the rampaging jam-golem. (Jokes about selling tickets were made by the Rogue; the Wizard and the ex were not in a mood to laugh.) They did so, of course, and their reward was that the city guard showed up and arrested everyone involved before they could even clean up a bit. They had to stew in a cell for an afternoon, sticky and sweaty, where they proceeded to merrily snipe at one another and generally worsen the mood, with the Wizard feeling like an absolute heel at the end of it all for her failures.

Once they got out, the Rogue dragged her two friends to a bathhouse to finally get clean. The Wizard insisted she have a private room, but the Rogue and the ex bathed together; they conversed a bit, and the ex learned just why the Rogue was really exiled, and the ex stole a last kiss - just as the Wizard was peeking in.

The Wizard, realizing that she was clearly no longer needed, moved her friend's possessions from her enchanted carriage to the inn where they were staying and slipped away in the night to charter a boat to the next port. The trip was awful, both because the Wizard spent it all dwelling on her own shortcomings and the more usual reason that her source of vast cosmic power comes with an innate aversion to sea travel that inevitably leaves her violently ill whenever she's not on land.

Four days later, she wheels the carriage to an inn, pays for a room, returns to the carriage to gather a couple items before crawling into a bed for a day or so...
>>
>>43787082
...and finds the Rogue already there, looking rather concerned. The Rogue explains that the kiss was just a momentary lapse of judgment that both she and the ex immediately regretted, and that it's fine if they make mistakes as long as they learn from them, and that the Wizard still feeling horribly guilty over it all is proof that she really cares, and so on.

The two of them married soon after.

They're also sort of an example of the princess/lady-knight thing mentioned earlier in the thread, in a weird way - the Wizard makes a hobby of collecting noble titles and got a king of squirrels to declare her Princess of the Evergreen Empire (a single if quite large tree), and she'd half-jokingly knighted the Rogue after an earlier adventure that got her made a Duchess of a library-tower.
>>
>>43763864
Tell us about this Quintet, OP.
>>
File: 1412303812657.jpg (442 KB, 869x1501) Image search: [Google]
1412303812657.jpg
442 KB, 869x1501
>>43765547
>Aw fuck, please, no. I like lovely but feminine lady knights, but the way people keep trying to turn it into a femdom or a lesbian thing is just kind of depressing.

The lesbian thing is depressing? I always really loved the idea of bodyguard crushes. A one sided crush whose devotion eventually leads to cute and sweet interactions between the two after the crush begins to look at them in a romantic light and reciprocate after they realize how much they really care for them...

I actually just had a dream last night of this type of situation recently, resulting in the knight losing her right arm and the two lovingly embracing in a hospital bed before fade to black and I woke up.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x279
>Would enjoy romance plot in a campaign
>Instead am only male in party with three lewd elves, at least two of which seem interested in my pala-dick
>Actively trying to avoid lewdness, but keep getting stuck in harm protagonist tier shenanigans.
Send help.

I'm actually really enjoying this campaign. I might need to invest in a spray bottle of cold water to keep these elves off me though.
>>
>>43787526

By all means.

The Quintet is a fivesome of holy songstresses, who've been taught how to channel their faith into group miracles. They're agile combatants, but they're conventional combatants - One step down from the PCs. They have to work together, while each PC is a force unto himself. The girls are as follows:

The Leader: The oldest girl of the group (by a year), black-haired and something of a tomboy, Sister Elise is the leader by default. She puts up a strong front, but the thing is - She actually dislikes the responsibility, but someone has to do it. She'd prefer to rely on someone else, but she has to take care of the others. If she starts to warm up to a PC, her powers actually diminish; the emotional turmoil makes it harder for her to concentrate/work in harmony with the rest of the group.

As the most physically able combatant, she fights with a rhyming sword - A blade that resonates in harmony with music, allowing her to both channel song-magic and to cut through most things. Her gift (as the mother of the group) is a healing touch that uses her life-energy. Elise is initially fierce, a bit prickly, but can be very emotionally vulnerable. Assuming she's a PC's love interest, she'll start to dress more femininely to attract his attention. She has the most athletic build of the girls, which is something she gets a bit self-conscious of.
>>
>>43790608

The Twins: Miho and Maho, the twins are the 'skirmishers' of the group - they use throwing knives with tuning forks for the hilt, which create sonic land mines for enemies. (i.e. when an unholy creature enters the area, it feels agonizing pain.) As with anime twins, they do share some of the cliches; Miho is the more sporty, active, straight-talking one, while Maho is the soft-spoken girl. The thing is, they're at the age where they're growing apart, and are actively trying to differentiate themselves from each other. They do swap places on occasion, but they get secretly upset when one is mistaken from the other. (A good RP test is whether the PC can recognize them from their 'tells', even when one girl is masquerading as the other. And no, they won't share the same man - This is another RP thing, in that the instant of fetish of getting twin girls in bed isn't going to work no matter how you try to force it.)

They're actually the most powerful of the Quintet - Miho dampens powers, while Maho amplifies them. One girl usually negates the defensive power of enemies, while the other boosts attacks on them. This is actually quite a significant power boost: For instance, a player's flaming sword will burn blue-hot when he's being enhanced, and spells automatically count as holy magic in addition to whatever else they were before.

The Dreamer: Arisa is the 'flighty' girl of the group, but possessed of unusual insight. She's very easygoing (Chillingly so, at times - she's completely untroubled by killing monsters), but a bit of a follower - she just goes along with what the other girls do. She has a very unusual, abstract way of looking at things that (game-wise) provides a hint to the next plot point. While seemingly passive, she's a romantic at heart; Her room is the most traditionally 'girly' of the lot, and she loves collecting stuffed animals.
>>
>>43790621

As stated earlier, her power is that she can walk on air whenever she's happy - this power is generally very gun-shy, in that it usually doesn't function in combat or when other people are around.

If she falls for a PC, she's the girl who'll show it the most. There are times when she's so eager to meet him, she won't even both walking; she'll almost fly across the room. If she REALLY likes him, there'll be a scene where she steps off a roof and invites the PC to join her - and this time, her talent will have evolved sufficiently to support them both. Note that this levitation requires her to move; She can increase and decrease her altitude as if running up and down a slope. She can't go straight up or down. At first, she can only carry herself. Later, she'll be able to take someone along for the ride as long as she's holding his hand.
>>
>>43790641

The Virago: The group's second-in-command, Diana has a lot to prove. Armed with a spear (a stake, rather) of consecrated wood, she hits harder than Elise, but isn't quite as tactically sensible. She tends to rush into combat a lot, which also gets her into trouble a lot. She's a serious-looking blonde, very disciplined, who dresses in unconscious echo of the leader - She's extremely fierce in combat, and she's the tallest one of the group (and probably the most severe). She's secretly afraid that she doesn't belong - when she was much younger, her parents thought she was a witch.

Interestingly enough, she's the best singer of the group, and a natural dancer. Her power is control over plantlife, but only to make them grow rampantly - this is actually the most offensively-themed power of the group, because planting a stake *inside* an opponent and having it grow into a tree can rip the enemy apart from within. The problem is that (like all the girls) she's physically fragile, and her standoffish attitude means that she's very prickly. It's a paradox: She both wants to belong, and simultaneously dislikes other people intruding upon the group's unity.

Of the entire Quintet, she trains the hardest. She's universally outmatched by the PCs, however.

It's worth noting that each time I ran this campaign, PCs generally don't like Diana much. Which is a shame, because I think she's quite interesting in her own regard. I've had people comment that she's the one who is most likely to be a dyke, which wasn't my intention. I intended for her to be as fiercely protective as a lioness, but yeah.
>>
>>43790780

It's late for me, but I'll likely outline the scenario where the PCs first meet the group and likely rescue a damsel in distress.
>>
>>43790621

That's adorable!
>>
>>43789747

Want me honest, 100% serious opinion?

Fuck them.

No really, take them to bed and scratch their crotch itch with your throbbing holy avenger.

I don't see why you shouldn't be fucking those two elves unless there's details you're omitting and im mostly saying that because I'm a sucker for details with these sorts of things.
>>
>>43784096

The solution is obviously to introduce lady knights falling in love with princes or princesses falling in love with Knights.
>>
>>43791068
No particular reason, my character is just too polite to go "alright, fine, spread em". There was one moment, for example, when I had to stand guard while the others bathed. The catch was, one of the characters is a vitalist, and their link ability only works to a certain range, so I had to be within viewing distance while they bathed or I'd drop out of the link. I ended up sitting behind a tree and faced away from them, not looking back. One elf asked why I wasn't even trying to peek, and accused me of being gay. Another, the shortstack vitalist, ended up walking out of the water and wandering right up behind me to see what I was looking at when I started focusing on a butterfly that landed nearby to distract myself. I closed my eyes to preserve her dignity, and at this point one of the elves mentioned that some women would be offended at someone so adamantly refusing to look at them.

That event ended with two naked, soapy elves basically poking me in the cheek while I kept my eyes closed. They only stopped after the brown elf psionic, normally the lewdest of the bunch, stepped in and told them to quit torturing me.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep up the "I'm too chivalrous for this shit" persona, or if I'm just one day going to say fuck it, and drag them to the nearest inn to make them stop. Everybody's already established that they're fine with ERP, though that's not the point of the campaign, more a on the side thing. There has been none so far, although they've gotten pretty damn lewd at times.
>>
>>43791086
That is up to my players. Making NPCs and gaggling about how cute I write them is kinda... I dunno...
>>
>>43791939

The lengths you're going to keep from even glimpsing their bodies goes way beyond what's considered polite and enters something closer to a phobia. At this point in the campaign he should have at least taken an interest in one of them, unless he has a fiancé or wife at home.

If you genuinely want to avoid ERP or fucking one of the Elves then honestly tell the players directly that you do not want ANY sort of sexual stuff happen to your character. Stop pulling them around with a routine you yourself are skeptical about keeping up.
>>
>>43791939

This is harem protagonist levels of dense, anon.

Don't be a harem protagonist, fuck those Elves and get the lewd out of their systems.
>>
>>43792471
>The lengths you're going to keep from even glimpsing their bodies goes way beyond what's considered polite and enters something closer to a phobia.
I don't know, man. If you're talking about classic chivalry or whatever, they really WERE pretty resistant to that stuff. Merely accepting a kiss on the cheek from a married lady was no bueno, as indicated in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight by the superficial wound he suffers at the end. I'd say this is acceptable behavior for such a character.
Of course, it would be best for him to insist that he was avoiding looking at them as a sign of respect.
>>43792534
It doesn't sound like he's not picking up on their signals as much as he is ignoring them.
>>
>>43792604
>Of course, it would be best for him to insist that he was avoiding looking at them as a sign of respect.

He did, and one of the Elves said she considered it rude for him *not* to stare.

The Elves have shown every sign that they're romantically and sexually interested in the Paladin, who has done everything he can to avoid showing any sort of interest in them as either romantic or sexual partners. This isn't polite, this is insulting, to a lot of women (myself included) it makes it sound like something's *wrong* with them, or there's something seriously wrong with the Paladin.

See >>43791939
>No particular reason, my character is just too polite to go "alright, fine, spread em".

The Paladin isn't being driven by Arthurian chivalry here, it's the simple belief that it's "rude" to look at a naked woman who has no problem with you looking (or even admiring) her naked form, and it's impolite to suggest romance or sex when the woman implies they're interested in romance or sex.
>>
>>43791939

Sounds like you should just give all three the D. The players, not the characters.
>>
>>43792914
>He did, and one of the Elves said she considered it rude for him *not* to stare.
Then they have a difference of opinion. That doesn't mean she's automatically right, or that he can't just apologize for the apparent rudeness without looking anyway. On an unrelated note, I'm not even seeing any specifically -romantic- interest here.

>...or there's something seriously wrong with the Paladin.
"Not being interested in women" is "seriously wrong"? I find it hard to believe that you agree with that statement. If the paladin doesn't want to look at them, for moral or personal reasons, he shouldn't have to. How can you say otherwise?

>The Paladin isn't being driven by Arthurian chivalry here, it's the simple belief that it's "rude" to look at a naked woman who has no problem with you looking (or even admiring) her naked form, and it's impolite to suggest romance or sex when the woman implies they're interested in romance or sex.
First off, he's probably not in a setting where "Arthurian" chivalry exists in the first place. Secondly, that "simple belief" IS a part of Arthurian chivalry. I believe that's what initially got Lancelot into hot water re: Guinevere in the first place, in fact, although it's been a while since I read that specific story. I'm not sure why you're trying to suggest that this is somehow inconsistent with the concept of courtly love.
>>
>>43792471
I'm probably not doing a very good job explaining myself here. It's not like a phobia, it's more my character thinking "it's improper", mixed with the fact it's all mostly a running gag that my character resists their advancements, which border on sexual harassment at times. I wouldn't necessarily say the others are romantically interested in him, it's more like a running gag where everyone gets a kick out of teasing the paladin.

I'm not necessarily opposed to ERP either, what I meant is I'm not sure if It would be funnier to keep the gag running the whole campaign, or to at some point go "You know what? Fine, have it your way."

Didn't mean to start an argument, sorry.

>>43792534
Not dense, just too chivalrous for this shit.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.