[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A new Magic format in which all Legacy-legal cards are permitted,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: avancy angle off hoep.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
avancy angle off hoep.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>A new Magic format in which all Legacy-legal cards are permitted, but decks may only contain cards from any one block.

Is this a good idea?
>>
Nope. It means I won't be able to use any of my old cards.
>>
>>43762786
Not really, some blocks have power level that's far and away better than others
>>
>>43762786
They already have that and it sucks.
>>
>>43762845
>any one non-Urza's block
Better?
>>
>>43762896
that doesn't answer the fact that many blocks are still just much stronger than others.
>>
>>43762946
Cough cough mirrodin
>>
>>43762786
>guys, what if Block existed?
Damn, if only they had thought of that.
>>
>>43764171
it's closer to pick your own standard. block v. block if you will
>>
What's the point? I'm just going to play Splinter Twin just like every other format I play.
>>
>>43762856
>>43764171
No one fucking plays Block Constructed though.
>>
File: tumblr_n7na7ct4Rs1relc71o1_1280.jpg (359 KB, 1188x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7na7ct4Rs1relc71o1_1280.jpg
359 KB, 1188x1920
>>43762786

That would be better as a weekly(?) challenge type thing.
Have a tournament in which the player may only use cards from a certain block and then switch out the block for the next one and so on.

It'd make for a entertaining youtube series at least.
>>
>>43766834
Doesn't that get boring?
>>
It's stupid because you could just play ravager affinity with all the artifact lands and Disciple of the Vault. This deck is literally leagues above anything else in block constructed, even more so than any CawBlade variant.
Even UrzaCombo can't fucking touch it.
>>
>>43762786
>Not legendary creature - angle
Ruins a perfectly good edit IMO
>>
>>43762856
>>43764171

This isn't Block though, in Block you have two decks from the same block facing against each other every time while this allows every player to pick their own block. It's significantly more diverse and would be much easier to support as well since it's one format instead of like 20 related but discrete formats.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea, you'll probably just end up with watered down versions of familiar decks anyway and there isn't really that much diversity since many blocks will be too weak to actually run (the ones with terrible manabases in particular are pretty hopeless), but it is worth pointing out that neither of you have any idea what you're talking about. Because this is the internet and that's what we do here.

>>43767052

Spikes don't get bored because they were never entertained in the first place, games are for winning.
>>
>>43767340
Mirrodin seriously fucks everything.
Like maybe if you had anything that was banned in standard at any one time banned in this format then the really awful stuff like CawBlade though no stoneforge and JTMS in the same deck will probably mean that it isn't even a deck in this format, Mind Over Matter, ChannelFireball and Affinity will be neutered or not present.
You will also have to have some sort of rule about Power9 and other such nonsense, because Counterspell, Ancestral Recall, Timewalk, Lightning Bolt, Moxen and Black Lotus is a fucking sick deck to play against even if it's lacking some strong tech.
>>
>>43767407
>expecting Modernfags, Standardfags, and neowalkers to have even been since Mirrodin

Half you faglords weren't even around for the first Ravnica.
>>
>>43762786
>>43762856
>>43764171
>>43767340
This casual format already exists. It's called BLOCK WAR.

Cards banned in their respective Block are also banned in Block War. I think Standard banlists also apply.
>>
>>43767407
Jtms and stoneforge were in the same set you know. It's batterskull and swords of fuck and you from the next block over that made the deck such bullshit.
>>
How it'd actually play out without massive bannings
>anything under 4E is ban'd
>Anything between 4E and mirrodin is broken
>The rest is dogshit
>>
>>43762786

What if we had Legacy, but it was singleton-only. Like highlander, only instead of 100-card decks you still had 60-card decks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.