[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/ Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: Gnarly.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Gnarly.png
131 KB, 223x311
FNM Heroes Edition

>played
4-Color-Fuck-You aka 'Four Color Cards I Own: Aggro Edition'

>record
2-0-Split and 3-1

>matches
2-0 RG Landfall
2-0 Jeskai Black
Split

2-0 Grixis Devoid
2-0 Ramp
1-2 Atarka Red
2-1 UG Turns

>technology
turns out if you put DroCo and 'draw three cards' into RG Aggro, you can win at magic cards.
>>
>played
Mardu Warriors

>record
3-1, 2nd place

>matches
2-0 Temur ??? He scooped at turn 4 both times
2-1 B/W Planeswalkers
2-0 R/G Landfall
0-2 Abzan Midrange

>technology
Small threats into large threats with a large removal suite.
>>
>>43750930
>2-0 Temur ??? He scooped at turn 4 both times

sounds about right for that color combination
>>
>>43750645
> esper dragons
>3-1 first fnm with this deck
> in my meta, foul tongue invocation makes miracles. Won me 3 matches basically.
>>
>>43751170
Forgot matches:
2-0 jeskai black
1-2 jeskai black
2-0 rg ramp
2-0 esper tokens
>>
>played
4C Rally

>record
4-0

>matches
2-0 WG enchantments
2-0 White Weenies
2-1 Atarka Red
2-1 UB Control

>Technology
Win by either pinging my opponent to death, or hitting face with a swole Husk.

I wish more people at my LGS played established decks. They're the only decks that really provide me with any challenge.
>>
How viable is naya allies right now? Tried looking for lists but couldn't find anything

>played
U/B eldrazi

>record
Had my first lost with this deck tonight to esper dragons but managed to get him the rest of the night

>matches
Esper dragons 3-1
RDW 2-0
Jeskai Black 2-0
Eldrazi Delve 1-0 guy ending up scooping for a family emergency

>technology
?
>>
>>43750645

Wow, that is some ugly-ass art.
>>
File: Savage Knuckleblade.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Savage Knuckleblade.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>43751084
i feel like if Knuckleblade had Flash it would make the entire clan viable.
give it flash, change the pump to 1-off firebreathing, change green to trample, leave blue alone. seems like that would give temur a reason to exist and make RUG Flash probably T1.
>>
>>43750645
whoops, forgot my link!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/four-color-cards-i-own-aggro-edition/
>>
File: Round 3.png (27 KB, 777x267) Image search: [Google]
Round 3.png
27 KB, 777x267
>Played
Nothing because our FNM didn't fire, turns out another shop just opened and was offering free entry for this week. We did draft though so the night wasn't a bust.

Here's what I wanted to run, I got a chance to playtest it and i'm pretty happy with it but open to suggestions.
>>
File: DSC_0033.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0033.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Won a box, rate my rares. Radiant Purge and Arashin Sovereign are foil.
>>
File: 1435863224849.gif (286 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1435863224849.gif
286 KB, 480x360
>Tfw losing a lengthy series of games on MTGO where I didn't feel like there was any point at which I had an influence over the outcome

Magic can be a really demoralising game at times.
>>
File: 1443495737938.jpg (22 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
1443495737938.jpg
22 KB, 380x254
Guys
What if
3x Liliana, Heretical Healer
4x Typhoid Rats
4x Languish
49x other cards that break the format
What are these cards again??
>>
File: Jeskai Tremors.png (27 KB, 584x280) Image search: [Google]
Jeskai Tremors.png
27 KB, 584x280
>>43750645

>Played
Pic related

>Record
2/2, like every Friday.

>Matches
0-2 vs Abzan Aggro
2-1 vs Atarka Red
1-2 vs Ugin/Ulamog Ramp
2-0 vs GB Aristocrats

>Tech
Descent of the Dragons is the best finisher, no question. I have only gone up against a Crux once in my entire play experience, and the only time when I haven't won with Descent is when the opponent had a ton of tricks or had a clutch Ugin to play.
>>
>>43754620
>Ugin/Ulamog ramp

I hate playing against that deck, so uninteractive.
>>
>>43754864
It really is. Even when I did my best to counter every big guy he cast, but it just wasn't enough.
>>
>>43752406
p shit desu senpai
>>
>>43755036
Thankfully, mono red is popular enough to stop the deck from seeing lots of play, otherwise I'd put Infinite Obliteration into the board to deal with the deck.

I'm running Abzan Midrange and the deck just feels a turn too slow to beat the ramp deck.
>>
>>43752406
I'm counting 7 cards that currently see constructed play, and none of them are worth a massive amount.
>>
>>43751566
My idea is similar except remove all abilities.
Only has flash and when it enters the battlefield it fights target creature.
>>
>played
Abzan ally-aristocrats
>record
3-1 2nd place
>matches

2:1 some janky enchantment based brew
2:0 b/w warriors - looks like some people are still playing it
2:0 abzan aggro (dude kept the wrong hand both games)
0:2 g/r ramp. My deck trolled me hard both games. I got manaflooded during the 1st game, and during the 2nd game I didn't see event a single black mana source despite having like a gorillion of black mana sources.

It's the worst 2nd place I ever got. They guy who scored 1st got an expedition (at least it was a shitty one) from his packs. It could be me.
>>
>>43751233
Go to a PPTQ then
>>
>>43752406
Only good rare is A-Command. You got jewed.
>>
>>43751898

>Erebos's Titan
Love it, it's a bit under the radar right now with all the exile and sacrifice removal, but as soon as rotation hits I expect to see this dude in pro decks. So much value for 4 mana
>>
>>43759582
Is CoCo not worth anything anymore?
>>
>>43752406
Atarka's Command, Kolaghan's Command, Collected Company and Surrak are ok, rest is kinda meh. In Dragons you're looking for Deathmist, Den Protector, the commands and DL Ojutai.
>>
>>43760524
$8?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/faerie-death-squad/
What do you guys think about my deck? Been working and tweaking it all day.
>>
>>43760524
It's still worth a bit, but not as much as it used to now that's been printed in the clash pack. The commands are the only $10+ cards.
>>
>Get matched up against Atarka Red combo
>Lose on turn 3 in game 1
>Lose on turn 4 in game 2

Wow, Become Immense is a busted card.
>>
File: Abzan Aristococorally.png (228 KB, 701x1854) Image search: [Google]
Abzan Aristococorally.png
228 KB, 701x1854
>>43750645
Can this work?
>>
File: UWnofunonlyfluffymarshmellows.jpg (108 KB, 646x432) Image search: [Google]
UWnofunonlyfluffymarshmellows.jpg
108 KB, 646x432
>played
UW budget marshmallow tutelage

>record
2-2 yay i got a booster pack

>matches
1:2 azban - made the mistake of status snaring the siege rhino = bad times. didnt get tutes untill it was too late. but was still fun.
1:2 mardu agro - he manage to get in with double mantis rider all the time and not enough statsus snares, but god bless quarantine field. great match.
1:0 jeskai control with oujutai and... silumgar? -first match took most of the time but i won. only red card was dragon pooper. second went into final five turns, one mana short of ulamog won me in the final countdown.
2:1 azban midrange swung out with enchantments one round. pacifism a siege rhino, milled out 2 seige rhinos but the 4th siege drained the last hit. kept forgetting tutelage triggers at draw step and it cost me the second match. so i used an upkeep counter and milled him out.

>tech
play a sphinx tutelage as soon as you can and get in those draws when in lockdown mode with tutelage ability, blighted cartaract, and ugins insight if safe enough. turn everything into useless marshmallows and swing with the sugary treats with starfield of nyx for a faster-ish win. just watch out for those board wipes!

havent played standard since inistrad with heartless summoning myr superion and bant turbo slime. i dont play uw control and the matches were long but it was very fun. missing a few commons and cheap rares for my sideboard(need a playset of arashin cleric because siege rhino). looking forward to adding on to it in the future.
>>
>>43754864
>>43755036
Do you guys think this deck will become more common/see competitive play? Moreso than it has that is.
>>
>>43764350
The next set might make it a more serious competitive deck, but aggro decks will likely still keep it in check.

If it ever did see serious play, people will probably just start dedicating more hate to it with cards like Infinite Obliteration
>>
>>43764446
What do you think about Esper? I feel it answers Abzan very well. If Abzan doesn't curve perfectly they'll usually lose so I wonder why we don't see more of it with such a huge Abzan presence in last two weeks of competitive play (as per mtg top 8)
>>
>>43765138
I've played various flavours of Abzan for the better part of a year now and Esper is the only tier 1 deck that I think has a significantly favourable match-up against it. Abzan's all about making use of efficient and individually powerful creatures, which Esper will happily trade one-for-one with all day long.

As for why Esper isn't seeing more play at the moment, I don't really know because I haven't played the deck much. It goes without saying that it doesn't stack up well against the red aggro decks but they aren't widespread enough to hate Esper out. It might show why Abzan has been consistently successful in that it's a 55-45 deck against most of the standard meta whereas something like Esper does have bad match-ups.
>>
>>43765385
Well if Abzan is like 48% of the field as per Top 8 last 2 weeks, wouldn't that make Esper (despite its bad match ups) a considerable favorite, at least at this exact point in time? Not trying to argue just trying to understand it better myself
>>
>>43765447
It certainly would make for a good time to be playing Esper, but without knowing how it stacks up against every top tier deck, I don't really know the answer to that myself.

Like you said, Abzan can beat it handily if the deck curves out perfectly so even though I think it's an unfavourable match-up, it's far from unwinnable, more like a 60-40 in favour of Esper
>>
>>43765537
The funny part is even if it curves perfectly it can still lose often enough, heh. I know what you're saying though
>>
>>43765777
I think where Abzan's gotten better in the match-up is the late game, it's much easier to grind against Esper now that Shambling Vent is around, since Esper has very few cards that can interact with it, even fewer pre-board.
>>
>>43762752
All you need to do is hold up removal and you win the match. Wait for them to combo then as long as your removal is top of stack it could be as easy as a fiery impulse
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.