[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which house would your current character be sorted into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (313 KB, 396x482) Image search: [Google]
image.png
313 KB, 396x482
Which house would your current character be sorted into?
>>
>>43746730
Your mom's house of course.

Seriously I'm a playing a womanizing bard.
>>
Ravenclaw
Because he is literally the head of Ravenclaw. The other players are the other heads of house
>>
>>43746730
Norscan Berserker with great weapons fetish. Sort me as you wish.
>>
My monk? Hufflepuff, he was gloriously and endearingly incompetent.

My bard would have been a Hufflepuff as well or a chill Slytherin as he was just in it for the money and Slytherin has the contacts
>>
>>43746890
I've only seen the movies, but doesn't the sorting hat discern which house you actually belong in, rather than which house you think would be most advantageous to further your career?
>>
>>43746984
Wanting to be in a certain house for the power it can lend you is the most Slytherin thing I can think of.
>>
>>43746984
If you're the kind of person who actively wants to be sorted into a house, the hat will generally put you there. Harry himself could have easily been a Slytherin if he had wanted to be.
Also, wanting to pick a house based entirely on what benefits you get out of it is a very Slytherin thing. On a related note, the fact that it actually does give you those connections while having that mindset is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The power hungry go to the house where they can make connections with others who want power.
>>
Is there a lot of unevenness in the sizes of the houses?
>>
>>43746730
Gryffindor.

Valour, courage and determination in all things, even scenarios where those things help nobody and no-one, plus a healthy seasoning of self-righteous hubris.

Also something about friendship and camaraderie I guess.
>>
>>43746730
lets see
>Varn Ulbrexis early in his career
Slytherin
>Varn Ulbrexis HERO OF THE IMPERIUM
Gryffindor

Sol Codename seneschal of The Dumb Luck
>Ravenclaw

Robert Der Bau Heretek
>Ravenclaw

Piss Pot Pete
>hufflepuff
>>
>>43746730
Thorin Redmane? Gregarious Bard of high adventure?!
Gryffindor of course.

My previous drow assassin was slytherin as fuk however.
>>
>yfw you realize that the four house system is part of a scheme to develop a controlled opposition that's always outnumbered 3-to-1 by the rest of Wizarding society to keep the Ministry in power
>yfw Voldemort was trying to break the cycle of the corrupt government
>>
>>43746730
I don't think they let barbarians into Hogwarts.
>>
>>43747747
Get literacy and multiclass a bit.
>>
>>43746984
Basically it's :
are you an asshole? slytherin
are you not an asshole? the other 3 houses
>>
>>43747785
Slytherin is about Pride & Ambition, assholeness is a common subproduct, but is not necessary.
>>
>>43747527

Except no, the slytjerins have always had a disproportionate sway over the ministry

See the 5th and 6th and 7th books where the ministry reaches its true form with Voldemort taking a more active role
>>
>>43747785
There were plenty of arseholes in the other three houses desu
>>
>>43747820
That's not what in the book or movies. I mean you can burn down the slytherin house and you'd drop the amount of the antagonists by 99%.
>>
File: american wizard school houses.jpg (82 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
american wizard school houses.jpg
82 KB, 500x375
Discuss.
>>
>>43746730
Mildly psycopathic hedonist Magical Girl who's rather lewd.

Gryffindor, I guess?
>>
>>43747863
Looks like it's on the frontier, eh?
>>
>>43747863
It even has the descriptions!
I use wolfthorn, how come I'm noticing this now?
>>
>Harry Potter thread on /aco/ precedes a relative glut of HP related threads on /tg/.

I will alow myself to hope for good things to flourish just this once.

>also

My abjuration wizard would in Gryffindor if he wasn't so busy charging bravely into the fray and blowing niggas up.
>>
>>43747880
you can't really call psychopathy bravery, it sounds more Slytherin.
though hedonism sounds hufflepuff to me, if only because the entrance to their house is a fucking barrel in the kitchens storerooms
>>
>>43747849
Nah, most of the Slytherins were just opportunists.
The real problem is that it's something of a paradoxical hugbox. On paper, it's all about ambition, pride, and furthering yourself. But the culture around it makes it about "Purity" and elitism. Ambitious students who look like Slytherins on paper might just end up in other houses because they don't ascribe to that culture, while lazy, unambitious students might end up there just because they agree with the cultural views of the existing student body.
Basically, the house has lost its original meaning and traits.
>>
>>43747849
Rowling admitted she fucked up there, and halfassedly tried to retcon it but it still kinda sticks. in the truest(ish) of cannon more bullies probably come from Gryffindor, more snobs from Ravenclaw, and the most death eater footsoldiers from Hufflepuff
>>
>>43747997
It's because you're the American equivalent of Hufflepuff.
>>
File: 1423960396579.jpg (143 KB, 650x931) Image search: [Google]
1423960396579.jpg
143 KB, 650x931
>>43746730
The sorting hat screams as images from centuries of genocidal warfare stream through its mind before going into a comatose state.
>>
>>43746730
My current character is a shadow runner who tries to be a model knight to deal with the questionable morality of his job.
So, Griffindor!
>>
>>43748148

>Hufflepuff
>>
>>43746730
He's got Hufflepuff written all over him. All my characters are basically background characters unless the plot calls for them, because I'm not a good roleplayer.
>>
>>43748177
>Night Lord beats sorting hat senseless with fists and mental shock.

>S-s-s-lytherin
>>
>>43748249
Now I've got a mental image of a space marine putting a hat on his head, then tearing it off and beating it to a pulp.
>>
>>43747785
Cormac McLaggen. Gryffindor.
Zacharias Smith. Hufflepuff.

Can't think of any asshole Ravenclaws though desu.
>>
>>43748033
Psychopathic hedonist as in "I'm gonna murder you with my bare hands instead of my weapons because I enjoy the feeling of bones breaking under my fists.
>>
How do the goons end up in slytherin with their leaders?
>>
>>43746730
Slytherin.
He's like 65% arrogance, 20% desire for power, and 15% desire for knowledge.
>>
>>43746730
Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, depending on which one has the most paladins or conspiracy theorists.
>>
>>43749406
conspiracy theorists belong more in Ravenclaw I think
>>
>>43749492
Luna Lovegood is there, so that makes sense.
>>
Probably slytherin. He'd prefer to be in hufflepuff though as his entire schtick is pretending to be a dumb half-orc brute while actually being a very clever half-orc brute.
>>
>>43747863
>Wolfthorn For Nocturnal Creatures
"Nocturnal” is just a word that explains some animals’ eating habits-that is, until you cover your body in nocturnal wafts of Old Spice Wolfthorn. Then “nocturnal” explains the time of day you will be sipping dark hot chocolates with northern beauties while reminiscing about what a wonderful time you just had at the secret hot springs earlier that day with the northern beauties we talked about earlier in this sentence.
>Hawkridge for Swift Minds
Hawkridge can never be owned; it can only be rented out to any man who desires the attention of a woman. This makes Hawkridge the winged landlord of all romantic conquest. But don’t worry, it’s one of those landlords that lives in outer space and never just “stops by” to make sure the refrigerator has been cleaned.
>Foxcrest for Cunning Gentlemen
Foxcrest was designed in an ancient lab of hyperintelligent druids to use the power of wild cunning to melt the hearts of lady women into a chocolate syrup with a hint of cinnamon. This syrup was then stirred into the smallest shot glass of 2% milk and fed to the head druid. It was a scientific breakthrough that is not practiced today because of modern women’s rights. But that original druid elixir algorithm has been tweaked and reworked to produce the Foxcrest that we have today, protecting the women’s hearts from being melted into a warm drink and instead subjecting them to uncontrollable romantic desires.
>Bearglove for Commanding Men
Can you imagine a powerful, fearsome grizzly bear who can repair military helicopters and also speak confidently about important world affairs? If not, you may not be ready for this deodorant.
>Lionpride for Kings of the Jungle
Tear through the jugular of timidness and roar into the face of adversity. Lionpride Body Wash has an invigorating scent that is sure to capture the attention of unruly crowds, beautiful ladies and nervous zebras.

Would you an Old Spice TTRPG?
>>
>>43750168
>Your campaign is now diamonds!
>>
>>43749283
Ambition doesn't have to equate to competence.
>>
Just to keep in mind, the core features of each house

>Gryffindor
Bravery and Chivalry

>Slytherin
Ambition and Cunning

>Ravenclaw
Wit and desire to learn

>Hufflepuff
Loyalty and determination.
>>
>>43750168
>It was a scientific breakthrough that is not practiced today because of modern women’s rights.
Fucking lost it.
>>
File: Reinhard_8.jpg (132 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard_8.jpg
132 KB, 639x479
>>43746730

We're playing a cross between Reinhard von Lohengramm and Griffith.

What house do you think?
>>
always Ravenclaw.

Ravenclaw strong.
>>
>>43751482

Alternatively

>Gryffindor
>foolish and patronizing

>Slytherin
>greedy and cowardly

>Ravenclaw
>badmouth and don't have any friends

>Hufflepuff
>stupid and no talent
>>
>>43751691
>Slytherin
Do it for yourself

>Hufflepuff
Do it for your friends.

>Ravenclaw
Do it for science.

>Gryffindor
DO IT FOR THE VINE!
>>
Ravenclaw.
to meet HJVP.
>>
>>43746730
Has there ever been a test for this that isn't shit?
>>
>>43747863
Wolfthorne is Hufflepuff.

Hawkridge is Slytherin.

Foxcrest is Ravenclaw.

Bearglove is Gryffindor.
>>
File: 1387423876201.jpg (252 KB, 1073x953) Image search: [Google]
1387423876201.jpg
252 KB, 1073x953
>>43754601
>Foxcrest is Ravenclaw
>Hawkridge is Slytherin.
>>
>>43746730
She'd be in Slytherin because where else would someone who is the rightful heir to an ancient, forgotten kingdom that were the first to use dark magic and see it as a means to an end rather then an end in and of itself.

And she'd detest the Sorting Hat every day for her entire school life.
>>
She's a Drow who despite being exiled, still considers herself to be a true Drow and regards Menzoberranzan her home.
But as she travelling with a whole crew of noblebright surface dwellers and considers them friends, she doesn't oft get to act the way she wants just because she doesn't want to offend her friends.
So naturally she's a Hufflepuff.
Because she's useless
>>
File: Wizard 3.jpg (56 KB, 574x1000) Image search: [Google]
Wizard 3.jpg
56 KB, 574x1000
Lawful neutral universalist wizard/scholar?
Ravenclaw 100%

Think pic related, only a woman.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.