[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: halo_rpg_cover.png (174 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
halo_rpg_cover.png
174 KB, 816x1056
Halo Mythic Preview 21.5
http://www.mediafire.com/download/anwpoq6sqwi9f76/Halo+Mythic+Preview+21.5-opt.pdf

Realistically what sort of transit systems a massive space ship have? Probably mag rail tram?
>>
>>43740991
How big is "massive" in this case?
The Infinity is only 6 km long.
>>
>>43740991
Infinity has small train carts on tracks for transit

Covenant probably have teleportation.
>>
File: halo carriers.jpg (168 KB, 580x669) Image search: [Google]
halo carriers.jpg
168 KB, 580x669
>>43740991
Probably some kind of train.
>>
>>43740991
Anon here. I came across this pdf while trying to find a system I might be able to run a Halo quest with. If the developers of this PDF are in the thread, I appreciate what you've done here, but there's an error that's making it really hard to use.

There's no Table of Contents.

The doc is 250+ pages, and covers all sorts of rules from vehicles to races to traits to training to abilities to modifiers... if you're trying to find something specific, 250 pages is a LOT to have to shift through. A Table of Contents would at least give players an idea of where to look.
>>
>>43744545
I'm not the dev, but that's an issue I brought up with them. They told me the rules are changing so much that it would be a hassle to keep up to date.

someone on the reddit did it though:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloMythic/comments/3s4khz/halo_mythic_preview_21_now_with_corrected_ocr_and/
>>
just get in a warthog and drive as fast as possible.
>>
Hi everybody!

Doctor Halsey is a warcriminal.

The UNSC is nothing but bigots who nuke colonies. Their only lament is that the Covenant beat them to it.

ONI are just Bureaucrats who think they can commit trouble without repercussions.

The Innies are idiots with a cause.

The Elites, while great, easily misled.

The Bird aliens are alright, and the Grunties did nothing wrong. I think the bug dudes were annoying but passable.

John is an alright guy but he's developing some issues.
>>
>>43744674
Show us on the action figure where 343 touched you
>>
>>43744674
Eh... all oversimplifications, but still mostly valid points.
Honestly though, I prefer that there be problems like this; Human government is anything but perfect, so of course future-government is going to be horrible too. The worst form of government except for all the others, if you will.
>>
>>43744674
Karen please leave.
>>
>>43744823
It's mostly the justification for it. I don't mind playing as Master Chief, Rescuer of what remains of Humanity and Vanquisher of the Covenant, he's cool. He's got witty one liners and shoots the bad guys.

But people seem to forget that the reason he was made was because the government was having a hard time understanding that setting fire to people and arresting people disgruntled at taxes was going to cause problems and thought that kidnappings would stem that collapse.
>>
>>43740991
I'd vote for trains, elevators, lifts, and carts in UNSC vessels. Covie ships probably have floating platforms and shit in wide-open bays, as well as huge gravity lifts for faster transport.

Boarding party in sector 8? Hop in the tube, Unggoy shitlords!
>>
>>43747152
Well, it's not like stupidity hasn't led to great discoveries/inventions before. For example...
>Penicillin was discovered because someone forgot to clean out their petri dishes before going on vacation
>Laughing gas' use as an anesthetic was discovered thanks to a bunch of aristocrats getting high on the stuff
>the first pacemaker was intended to be a heart monitor recorder, but the guy used the wrong resistor, which made the device give of electrical impulses at regular intervals
and the list goes on.
>>43747409
>unggoy transport tubes
My first thought when I read that was "How do we weaponize this concept?"
>>
Gonna run a Halo Mythic game soon, what's a good group of enemies to throw at a 6-man (maybe 5 or 4) ODST team?
>>
>>43747686
You stack like, thirty of whatever generates the "gravity lift" effect or have them wear iron armor and shoot them through rail-guns.

Fuckers breed like rabbits, might as well shoot the dead ones at people.

>>43748096
I'm curious, too. I'd try to just put rebels at them until they get the hang of combat. I'm gonna be using this system for a non-Halo setting tomorrow night. This system's a lot less setting-exclusive than WH40K-RP, which I really genuinely dig about that.
>>
>>43749052
Not gonna have them go up against innies. Not touching innies with a 30ft pole.

We're doing Covenant.
>>
>>43749230
>Not touching innies with a 30ft pole.
Long as you do Fall of Reach Innies, who were basically Provos in space, you'll be good.
Fuckers were psychotic nuke happy assholes.
>>
>>43750794
Canonically speaking, yea Innies were fucking ridiculous. They had elaborate plans to nuke every colony they could get their hands on if Halsey's journal is still canon.

Hell I'd still consider it canon.
>>
>>43751070
I'm curious how you got 'elaborate nuke every colony plans' from Halsey's journal. I've read the thing several times, and I never got that impression.
>>
>>43751352
I must be remembering the wrong source, but there was math done on them and they were projected to basically ruin human society or some shit with their antics.

They weren't fucking around is all I remember for sure, and the SPARTAN-IIs were a relatively sane solution to them; it's been just long enough to where the finer details all blur together.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.