[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A rational query
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: I_G.jpg (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
I_G.jpg
96 KB, 400x400
Is it Heresy to be of the opinion that the Imperial Cult is unnecessary and that it might not be the best idea to center an entire empire around a corpse that is alive simply due to a technicality?

Not denying his continued efforts to maintain warp travel and his alleged struggle against Chaos... I mean, you know "The Emperor protects" and all that, but lets not ignore the elephant in the room...

Isn't it time for humanity to see the Emperor as an asset rather than a deity, to move beyond dogma and take charge of our own destiny?
>>
>>43739940
Ah, but that belief in the emperor manifests in the warp, giving him a large amount of his current power and fueling the miracles he performs. To veiw him as an asset makes him less valuable
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 401x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 401x479
if you have to ask, then it's heresy
>>
>>43739940
>Is it Heresy to be of the opinion

Yes
>>
Such questions are best answered by experienced officers.

I suggest you seek out a commissar and discuss your views with them.
>>
>>43739940
>a corpse that is alive simply due to a technicality?
How do you know this? No, seriously, as some random person on a backwater world, how do you know even the slightest thing about the Emperor? How do you know he's not still all powerful and ruling from Terra? How do you know he isn't stronger now than he ever was? What do you know of the Emperor's relationship to the warp? What do you know of the early years of the Imperium? Hell, what do you know of the early years of your own planet?
>>
As radical and super cool as The Empire of Man and the Methods of Rationality sounds, I'm afraid that I can't hear you through all the fedoras.
>>
>>43739940
>to move beyond dogma and take charge of our own destiny?
Sorry Roddenberry, wrong universe.
>>43740085
So much this.
>>
>>43739940
her·e·sy
noun
belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

Yes. It is the very definition of heresy. Given that unlike Chaos which doesn't follow the imperial faith at all, it is even more Heretical than running around shouting blood for the blood god.
>>
File: it says your a heretic.jpg (53 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
it says your a heretic.jpg
53 KB, 600x563
No you fucking heretic. Be grateful, the only reason the Imperium exists is because of him.
>>
>>43739940
Next time you have a retarded question read through source material or at least a wiki. Even asking in a general is better.
If you still feel the need to make a stupid thread Start with "Excuse me..." so that it gets filtered.
>>
>>43745963
This is obviously a disguised Excuse me thread.

>>43740064
This.
>>
Repeat this until it sticks.

BLESSED IS THE MIND TOO SMALL FOR DOUBT.
>>
>>43739940
Belief in the Emperor is all that's stopping an extra-dimensional psychic parasite from turning the entirety of humanity into emotion farms and wiping us out because it doesn't understand excess kills us.

I for one am pretty happy to praise the Emperor if it means I get to keep SOME amount free will in some fashion instead of being actively manipulated by alien demons. Like, fuck, at least the Emperor loves me.
>>
File: heresy_rolling.gif (846 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
heresy_rolling.gif
846 KB, 600x600
>>43739940
>THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND
>a corpse that is alive simply due to a technicality

What the fuck did you just fucking say about him, you little heretic? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Space Marines, I've led an incomprehensible number of secret raids against the forces of chaos, and I have over 30 million confirmed kills. I am trained in endless warfare and I'm the top Marine in all the Space Marine Chapters. You are nothing to me but just another heretic. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this universe, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Webway? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the galaxy and your powers are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, you tiny heretic. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my power fist. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Adeptus Mechanicus and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn heretic.
>>
File: 40k.png (322 KB, 444x677) Image search: [Google]
40k.png
322 KB, 444x677
>faggot OP asks stupid question answered in every 40k book ever
at least everyone is laying into him
>>
>>43745963
>buttrustled as fuck even over the imaginary outline of an Excuse Me thread

OP intended this. You ate his bait. Stay mad, triggerfag.
>>
Hey, why did we name the Leman Russ after...Leman Russ? Wouldn't other primarchs be more deserving of things like that, like Dorn or Johnson or Horus?
>>
>>43739940
Holy Terran tater tots. What is your name guardsman? Congratulations, I the God Emperor of Mankind have heard you through the warp. I am sending a contingent of fuckstodes to pick you up, stuff you full of geneseed, and give you your own successor chapter. Go get em' champ.

>>43748947
>OP intended this. You ate his bait. Stay mad, triggerfag.
I'm not sure who's Tzeentching who anymore. Tzeentch is that you?
>>
>>43749115
The sad thing is the Emperor really would want people to stop worshipping him.
>>
>>43749151
>the Emperor really would want people to stop worshipping him.
>the EMPEROR is literally a heretic

Fellate a chainsword
>>
>>43749212
Inquisitor Karamazov pls go and stay go
>>
>>43739940

worshipping emps as a god is good though
>>
the emperor probably doesn't mind the worship
its the retarded way people go about it.
>>
>>43739940
You forgot to add 'Excuse me..."

Its 40k. Nothing works, nothing makes sense, everyone is pants on head retarded, and nothing is necessary.
>>
>>43749478
>the emperor probably doesn't mind the worship

Actually, he was pretty against religion in general, and saw it as an obstacle to humanity's destiny.

>The Emperor Himself declared that Mankind would never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the Milky Way Galaxy until "the last stone from the last church was cast down onto the last priest."
>>
>>43739940
>Doubting the glorious God-Emperor of Mankind
BLAM!
>Thinking the Emperor is anything less than a God made flesh
DOUBLE BLAM!

The vast majority of imperial citizens know nothing of the Hours Heresy aside from myths and legends (which may be partially or entirely inaccurate, between the 30,000 years that have passed since and the usual imperial censorship), and are indoctrinated from birth that the Emperor is nothing less than a god to be worshipped, and that questioning him or those who run his imperium in his stead is heretical.
>>
>>43750221
>>43745963
Someone's booty blasted.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.