[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unexpected turns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: barack-obama-stari_1111370c.jpg (17 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
barack-obama-stari_1111370c.jpg
17 KB, 460x288
>Running a light-hearted silver age superhero romp
>Introduce robotic duplicates of player characters meant to smear their good names
>BEEP BOOP I AM PC! I AM EVIL NOW! BEHOLD AS I DESTROY THIS INNOCENT PUPPY WITH MY LASER EYE BEAMS! I AM DEFINITELY PC AND NOT A ROBOT! 0111001!
>Players find this hilarious and decide that rather than destroy them, they will find a way to reprogram them to be on the side of good
>Players eventually decide they would rather play their wacky robot duplicates
>The game is now about the wacky adventures of the Robot Buddies
>>
OK...
>>
>>43739150
Sounds like you had a good time.
>>
>>43739150
nice. Seems everyone had a good time.
>>
>>43739513
>>43739523
I hope so. The problem is where to go with the zany robot adventure. Beep boop robutts is kind of a one note joke, and I'm worried it'll get old fast.
>>
>>43739555
Just keep doing everything you were doing.
Except with BEEP BOOP. And comedic interactions with the original guys.
If the joke gets tired out, they can switch back or dial down the BEEP.

Also introduce DOUBLE ROBOT clones.

And then the guy that made them, being all "WHY THE FUCK DO THEY KEEP SWITCHING SIDES"
>>
>>43739555
What power level are you playing at? Maybe go at it from a Super Robot anime perspective (Shin Mazinger, Gurren Lagann, etc.) Or even just do cosmic silver-age style adventures akin to pre-Walt Simonson Thor, Silver Surfer, Jack Kirby's Fourth World/New Gods stuff, certain Pre-Crisis Superman adventures, etc.
>>
>>43739150
Someone makes biological copies of the robots, who poorly imitate beeps and boops while doing good deeds to repair the heroes' reputations.
>Ha-Ha! I, the evil robot duplicate, has helped this old woman cross the street! >I mean, um... Beep? One zero zero.. One?
>>
>>43739619
Currently, it's kind of a WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE GODDAMN ROBOTS AND WHAT IS THEIR PLAN reaction. Double ROBOTS sound like a lot of fun.

>>43739624
It's basically a silver age comic level. So a lot of asspulls that let players fluctuate wildly in power depending on the situation, but generally pretty goddamn powerful.
>>
>>43739619
>Also introduce DOUBLE ROBOT clones.
No, human actors who're wearing crappy cardboard boxes wrapped in tinfoil! You have to get even cheesier.
>>
>>43739703
>Currently, it's kind of a WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE GODDAMN ROBOTS AND WHAT IS THEIR PLAN reaction
Reaction from who?

Did they get them reprogrammed to good or not?
If yes, then they probably will do it for the second robots too.
And then the guy that made both sets shows up confused about wtf are his bots doing.
Is what I meant there.
>>
>Robot duplicates pretending to be PCs
>Robots pretending to be the original robot duplicates
>Humans pretending to be robots
>Soon the entire city consists of robots pretending to be robots who are pretending to be humans and humans pretending to be robots pretending to be humans
>>
Every time they level it should be in the form of a new team of duplicates.

Robot Duplicates from Earth-2 programmed for crime!

Alien doppelgangers of the evil alternate universe doubles of the robot duplicates!

The Justice League 1,000,000-style fat-future versions of the alien doppelganger version of the team are flying back in time and use their 90s-extreme style powers to oust the alien doppelgangers.

So on and so forth, unto infinity.
>>
>>43739703
Well, how about an adventure where they travel to a dimension/universe where the robots and humans/fleshlings have opposing roles? So in that universe, instead of being humanoid heroes who had robot clones built, it would be robot heroes with humanoid clones built. This way you get two sets of the same humanoid heroes, and two sets of the same robot heroes without overusing the cloned thing too much. Have the adventure require a lot of travelling between the two universes/dimensions. Make those guys your fellow heroes, or rivals, or villains idk you do what you want.
>>
>>43739747
>the guy that made both sets

After about the 3rd or 4th layer of impersonation, he forgot what the plan was, and then just sort of kept doing it in the hopes that something would happen.

Later it turns out he was just a robot copy. The original mastermind is too ashamed to openly admit that he doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>43739878
Kind of sound like those clone guys from Invincible who would constantly argue about who was the real one and who was the clone. And once they found out, they could no longer get any work done until the clone killed the original and created even more clones just because.
>>
>>43739864
Oh and along with this, have not one, but TWO VILLAINS! One that is akin to SHODAN from System Shock 2/Necrons from 40k which are lovecraftian robotic techno-freaks that want machines/technology to overrun both universes. The other akin to The Many from System Shock 2/Tyranids from 40k who want the universes to be overrun by flesh.
>>
>>43739150
clearly you GM lolrandomwackyfuntimes better than you do silverage super hero romps.

Learn to accept it.
>>
File: RFSatellite.png (139 KB, 260x360) Image search: [Google]
RFSatellite.png
139 KB, 260x360
>IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, I AM A ROBOT
>>
>>43740006
>lolrandomwackyfuntimes
>silverage super hero romps
>implying difference
>>
>>43740006
The silver age was full of this type of shit. Robot Superman doubles, Bizarro, Jimmy Olsen turning into a monster six times a year, ridiculous superpowers, horses that are actually transformed aliens, Ace the Bat-Hound, the Reserve Batmen.
>>
File: 1437677885777.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1437677885777.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>Progress to the BBEG, overcoming his traps and minions along the way, but fall to him personally
>Kept imprisoned for awhile before he comes to us saying he needs new henchmen now since we killed them all, and thinks we proved ourselves more than capable
>Understandably has means of insurance in case we try to just turn on him after being let out
>End up having to work for the BBEG who turns out to be a minor member of a consortium of BBEGs which generally revolves around stabbing each other in the back and one-upping one another, but largely boils down to a lot of "Behold, for it is I who is more evil than you!", "Nuh-uh! I am the most evilest!", and pulling pranks on one another
>Game becomes helping our villain to try to become better than the other villains in a setting of comedic evil dickery

It was even funnier that our villain turned out to be kind of a loser and incompetent.
>>
>>43741107
True.
It was one long, scary acid trip of an era.
>>
>>43739853
>fat-future versions
I didn't know I had a chubby fetish until I just now imagined a plus-sized Saturn Girl.
>>
>>43742629

Always happy to help.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.