[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Scout_taunting_with_the_Bat_TF2.png (414 KB, 1059x1082) Image search: [Google]
Scout_taunting_with_the_Bat_TF2.png
414 KB, 1059x1082
Stat me
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>43736020
Fast - Much
Strong - Some
Smart - Few
Fireblast - Very
Sex - None
>>
Scout
The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston, the Scout learned early how to solve problems with his fists. With seven older brothers on his side, fights tended to end before the runt of the litter could maneuver into punching distance, so the Scout trained himself to run. He ran everywhere, all the time, until he could beat his pack of mad dog siblings to the fray.
>Aspects
High Concept: Rapid Recovery Merc
Trouble: Gotta Keep The Ego High
"Eat my dust!"
"Major League!"
"I'm not even winded."
>Stunts
"Hehey, I'm flyin'!": You do not need ground to perform a jump. You may use this ability only once without touching the ground.
"Woo hoo hoo!": You do not need ground to perform a jump. You may only use this ability after taking a Physical Stress.
>Skills
Superb
• Athletics
Great
• Shoot
Good
• Contacts
• Fight
Fair
• Burglary
• Resources
• Lore: Pop Trivia
Average
• Physique
• Rapport
• Deceive
• Notice
>>
>>43736069
What game is this? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>43736119
I'm more interested in this system. And to see what happens when you put the other mercs through this.

I've a notepad full of TF2 characters I made for a 40K/Necromunda-ish system where you can respawn and battle for control points from objectives/briefcases. When I've at my own pc I'll post it.
>>
>>43736600
Please do anon, that sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>43736600
Just in case you don't know what it is, it's a system called Fate
>>
>>43737216
Ah, FATE! I'm not a roleplayer and I don't browse threads about it, but I've heard the term and praise enough from my years here. Clearly it deserves the credit, it's really intuitive.
>>
>>43736041
Nice copy pasta.
>>
What would his SR stats look like? I'm curious.
>>
>>43737294
SR?
>>
>>43737298
Shadowrun
>>
>>43737294
He'd be a physad with a unique ability to jump twice.
>>
>>43736119
>>43737230
>>43737216
I don't understand Fate. There is something about it that I just struggle to comprehend. It is so different from most games I play I can't figure out the core concepts. It doesn't help that the book is heavily padded with several paragraphs that could be written in one or two sentences.

I understand that you roll fudge dice + your skill and if it exceeds the difficulty you succeed, correct? And their are aspects you can invoke for +2, or the gm can invoke for - 2?

Is that correct? Is there more to it or is it really that simple?
>>
>>43738126
In terms of numbers, it really is that simple.
The only really weird things about Fate are the "soft" nature of aspects and the fact that players (Not characters, but the players themselves) can control parts of the setting
Aspects can be used to justify unusual skill applications without changing any numbers at all, set the tone of any particular in-game moment, and it's possible for players to create environmental aspects in the area around their characters, such as specific bits of furniture or crowd density or a conveniently open window or whatever.
>>
>>43738428
I should try again then. How easy is it to convert? I know GURPS can run anything, but it's a pain in the ass to work with and file off all the bits I don't need or want. I want to run a Fallout game but writing the rules/character creation packets for my players is miserable with GURPS.
>>
+chicken
>>43736069
He has had sex, just not with women of high/any repute.

https://youtu.be/GLlLQ3LmZWU
>>
>>43736132
Tf2 meng
>>
>>43738899
[Insert something about dropping skills out of the system and replacing them with Fallout themed ones here, because this triggers the Spam filter apparently]
Everything else is Aspects, which pretty much boil down to fluff that you can invoke for crunch purposes.
The most important thing are the Fate Points. Making sure that most, if not all, of a character's aspects are double edged swords is the best way to keep it running. Things they can use give them direct benefits, and things that negatively affect them can still give them more Fate Points, which is very important.
>>
>>43739247
>Trying again to beat the spam filter
Just remove the stats and insert Fallout stuff in their place. As long as you have a grasp on what a character should be able to do with a significant level of each stat and skill you insert, it's fine. And even then, it's probably fine to just use the built-in system.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.