[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Among the Stars Quest 14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: opener.png (2 MB, 860x1200) Image search: [Google]
opener.png
2 MB, 860x1200
Explosions occasionally ripple off the surface of the moon as you watch. New craters dot the moonscape as two large figures chase each other in a deadly melee, their attacks reducing boulders to pebbles as they miss inches from each other.

Lorgul swings his maul overhead and it collides with the bulwark of a shield of Agona, driving her several inches into the rocky surface. Silently she pushes him backwards with incredible strength, her spiked morningstar swinging upwards at the Voidknights chin. He manages to dodge back, a ripple of Void energy propelling him backwards before he pushes off a lip of a fresh crater, swinging his maul once more.

Nekris at your side as you both watch from above, standing on the hull of a Coffin in the airless void as the two juggernauts dueled below you. The quiet hunter folds the smaller pair of their arms as they watch with keen eyes that glimmer with necrotic energy.

Your new creation, Punisher Agona, was quite the combatant. She easily blocked strikes from Lorgul that you've seen yourself shatter stone and shred through bulkheads like paper, her own attacks quick and precise despite her massive bulk.

The black metal of your spear shifts and twists hovering close to you but as you reach out it slithers like a thing alive into your grasp. A silent mental command to the fighters and they halt their duel, looking up at you questioningly. Another short mental message and they return to their own awaiting Coffin as you and Nekris reenter and zip across the surface of the moon.

Your Think Tanks had sent a message of their own, proudly exclaiming the finished result of your first subcapitol ship awaiting your inspection. The time was nigh to truly rebuild your fleet. You almost feel...giddy at the thought, the spear writhing to reflect your excitement.

Your shadow shall fall across the Galaxy and the dead shall rise in your passing. The Galaxy will know true fear once more.

You are Jadyk Lich-Lord and the new Conquering Worm.
>>
>>43729374
Welcome back folks, lets get this thing rolling

Pastebin with troop and item costs and important info: http://pastebin.com/RzyAmGWN
Pastebin with ship builder and weapon costs: http://pastebin.com/PcRLqvLj
Make sure to follow my twitter where I announce the threads: https://twitter.com/CeroTheNull
Also archive of previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=death+among+the+stars
Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/DeathAmongTheStarsQuest

Stockpile:
>13415B (65 Catoblepas: 1950B daily, 4Herds: 80B daily)
>10178M (65 Diggers: 1300M daily, Miners: 160M daily, Lunar Mine: 70M Daily, Scorched planet mining outpost)

Troop Totals:
>Voidknight Disciples: 2
>Talons: 206 (100 with Necroflensers, 106 w/ Sting Whips)
>Cyclops: 20 (All venomous)
>Stingers: 108 (Bone Rifles, Thumpers, Bone Repeaters)
>Gargoyles: 20 (10 Smoke, 10 Explosive)
>Trolls: 74 (all ranged, 10 Jumppack)
>35 Crit Crawls (35 Zapper)
>7 Think Tanks
>25 Cauldrons
>15 AA Towers
>5 Advanced AA Towers (3 moon, 2 planet)

Enslaved Minions:
>Jor (loyal)
>122 Osjiic Crew members
>269 Dagger Pirate members of various races (Mostly Netu>Human>Vorh>Kesh)
>30 Colonists (includes miners and ranchers)
>1 Osjiic Voidsinger (loyal)

Vehicles:
>2 Chariots
>27 Coffins
>135 Nails (70 Needle, 65 Sting)

Completed Research
>Sub-Capitol Ships
>Shields

Current Research
>Sub-capitol ships: Medium
>Shields: Medium
>Void Drive: Slow
>Crystal Tech: Slow
>Monolith remains: Medium
>Ship Fuel Harvesting/Refining Research: Medium

Researchable Items:
>Netu Clansword: Fast
>Dagger Powersuit: Medium

Working Osjiic ships captured:
>1 Heavy Cruiser
>2 Light Cruisers
>4 Frigates
>5 Corvettes

Working Dagger ships:
>1 Clanship Battlecruiser
>2 Light Cruisers
>8 Frigates
>10 Corvettes
>>
>>43729526
here
>>
File: skeleton pool.jpg (88 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
skeleton pool.jpg
88 KB, 634x476
Ready
>>
File: 1445764516328.jpg (206 KB, 1600x1116) Image search: [Google]
1445764516328.jpg
206 KB, 1600x1116
>>43729526
(Forgot to add the days resource gains)
Stockpile:
>15445B (65 Catoblepas: 1950B daily, 4Herds: 80B daily)
>11708M (65 Diggers: 1300M daily, Miners: 160M daily, Lunar Mine: 70M Daily, Scorched planet mining outpost)

Completed Research: http://pastebin.com/PcRLqvLj Please forgive me QuestDrone for blatantly ripping off your ship builder system
>Sub-Capitol Ships: By extensively studying and tearing apart Osjiic and Dagger ships your Think Tanks can now create you own.

>Shields: A projected forcefield surrounding sub-capitol and larger ships protect them from incoming attacks. Shields are nearly always on, powering down when sustaining enough damage to overload or even destroy the projectors spread throughout the hulls. Ships can pass through the shields of friendly ships allowing Fighters and small craft to be launched safely from larger ships.

Your Coffin lands near the domes and buildings of bone and metal your Think Tanks had built to create and test your new ships and you spot the hull of a new Corvette classed ship awaiting your christening. Arrow shaped the ship is crafted from dense bone and deceptively strong metals forged piece by piece in the new massive construction Cauldrons dug into the surface of the moon. It lacked any weapons for the moment, little more than a hull with a Skip Drive, a power reactor and a pilot Think Tank merged into the structure of the bridge.

Stepping inside you are pleased with the aesthetics of the hallway, bone walls covered in runes of the Wormstar with necrotic crystals providing a dim light more for the benefit of any living crew it might hold. Placing your hand on the dormant reactor you ignite it with a surge of necrotic energy and the ship hums to life, lifting off the surface of the moon.

The pilot Think Tank contacts you, <This one is proud to serve. Hail Jadyk Lich-Lord!> it proclaims, the cheer echoing in your mind joined by the other Think Tanks and your Cauldron-born soldiers.
>>
>>43729794
Your Think Tanks and manufacturing buildings stand ready to start the formation of your fleet. They suggest converting the remaining Osjiic and Dagger ships, excluding the Clanship, into the first of your fleet.

>Convert Remaining captured ships (excluding Clanship) into Cauldron-forged equivalents? (Free choice of weapon mounts and missiles for ships)
>Y/N?

As you debate this choice you get an alert from a Think Tank left with the forces on the surface. With little action to partake in the Gargoyles spent their time surveying the land and watching over the catoblepas.

Gargoyles sent to watch over a large herd of Plainsrunner report that under further observation they seem to be more intelligent than previously thought. At the site of a crater where an Osjiic ship had crashed in the fierce battle for the system the Plainsrunner converged and seemed to wait around the charred ground. Gargoyles watched as they used flat stones they carried with them to dig up bits of shrapnel and wreckage that your salvage teams had missed.

They took these pieces and gathered them in the center of the crater and seemed to wait several days before moving on, several of their number carrying pieces that they found to work better at digging and chopping roots than their simple stone tools. The rest they left behind with what appeared to be offerings of collected roots and berries from shrubs they ate. Further watching revealed they seemed to follow a trio of females older and larger than the others and these had dried plants woven crudely into their wiry manes.

Your Think Tank suggests that further contact could lead to more understanding into their intelligence and what, if little, culture they possessed.

While intriguing you had much to tend to but you make sure to keep in mind this new information.

What shall you do next?
>Create Troops
>Create Ships/Vehicles
>Speak to prisoners
>Send finished Corvette (Unarmed) to scout the nearby
>Other
>>
>>43730156
>Y
>Send finished Corvette (Unarmed) to scout the nearby
>Create Ships/Vehicles
10 chariots and 30 fighters.
>>
>>43730156
>Y
Create 770 Catoblepas
It is to quickly gather resources. We probably shouldn't build our base here, as the Osjiics are going to send another fleet to look for the last one and i don't think we can take them on at this point. We should just build a few ships and set up shop in an unknown location.
>>
>>43730479
You really wanna destroy this planet don't you?
>>
Where the hell is everyone? It's not thanksgibing yet
>>
>>43730699
Both Guide and Ouro are running. Additionally holiday shit is picking up.
>>
File: 1445814123454.jpg (68 KB, 495x600) Image search: [Google]
1445814123454.jpg
68 KB, 495x600
>>43730699
>>43730713
Well dang.

See ya'll on Saturday?
>>
>>43730750
I guess boss. Sorry.
>>
File: skeletor_by_onlymilo-d66rpqy.jpg (118 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
skeletor_by_onlymilo-d66rpqy.jpg
118 KB, 752x1063
>>43730824
Oh well. Guess I'll do a QnA thing if anyone wants to ask questions. I'll check back occasionally as I play Fallout or something
>>
>>43730871

Don't take it too hard boss. Happens to every QM once and a while
>>
>>43731034
Oh I know it.
Was a constant thing to happen with Ghoul Civ Quest (gotta keep that name now that the Ghoul school quest is just called Ghoul Quest lol)
>>
>>43730871
The point of twitter is to announce your thread in advanced so everyone knows when you're running.
>>
>>43730156
Y
Seconding >>43730228
>>
>>43731063
Yeah I run at the same time every Thursday and Saturday but I guess I should do a pre-thread announcement like I used to with Ghoul Civ
>>
>>43731082
Sorry btw, had to do a couple things. Hot distracted from the thread
>>
Shame, missad it.
Don't let it get to you Grave, Ghoul Quest was great, still miss it, and so is this one. See you saturday!
>>
>>43731143
No worries. I'll be able to jump right into the quest instead of writing up the openers since they're already prewritten here
>>
Does the ship builder look easy enough to use?
>>
>>43731240

Looks pretty clear cut to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1100x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1100x516
>>43731240
Seems fair enough. Waiting to see all the neat
toys we might research
>>
Aww and i was looking forward to this.
>>
>>43732232
Same
>>
>>43732232
>>43732300
Sorry folks ):
>>
File: 1437869804313.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1437869804313.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>43732232
>>
so how's bout dem plainsrunners?
>>
>>43733250
Much more polite than Shadowrunners.
>>
The run is over?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.