[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/ does your current character suffer from any tragedy's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: GutsDoYouHaveIT!.jpg (130 KB, 665x960) Image search: [Google]
GutsDoYouHaveIT!.jpg
130 KB, 665x960
Hey /tg/ does your current character suffer from any tragedy's?
>>
>>43726672
Why did you put an apostrophe there

Like, okay, sometimes you make a mistake when it comes to certain contexts, like possessive nouns, but I can't think of any path of logic that would lead to a person thinking an apostrophe goes where you put it.
>>
>>43726741
I have no excuse besides I just fucked up.
>>
My character's master was killed, and his loved one is missing in a post-apocalyptic wasteland
>>
>>43726672
Tragedies, dumdum.
>>
This thread is the worst of any tragedy's I've ever seen.
>>
>>43726672
Drinks himself unconscious while questioning his faith.
Or drinks himself unconscious while cursing fate/God.
Or just drinks himself unconscious while cursing himself for a fool.
Life has not been kind to him.
>>
>>43726672
Yes.

He suffered a papercut to his finger while reading through some spell tomes.

Truly, a terrible calamity.
>>
>>43727153

bet he had a right laugh when his mate feel down that open manhole. Dumb git up and broke his neck
>>
File: RULES OF NATURE.gif (2 MB, 360x204) Image search: [Google]
RULES OF NATURE.gif
2 MB, 360x204
>>43726672

Yes.

He's doomed to forever be the GM
>>
>>43726672
No, because tragedy privileges solitude and I'm playing a game with other people.
>>
Well he's still stuck on the goddamn boat.
>>
The current one? Not really. He's an ifrit, son of a human and an ifrit, and his father was fairly old at the time of getting it on with his mother (who was technically about the same age since she ages slower)

Anyway, he was largely raised by his younger half brother after his father died. Basically, he was too young and immature to lead and he aged too slowly to catch up in the time his tribe needed. So he buggered off, pretty much forcing his brother to take the lead.

All in all it turned out to be alright. His brother forgave him pretty much instantly after finding out why he left but there are still some people who aren't terribly happy. My character's potential as a leader has gone way up and he's grown into a legit badass so there are some people that want him to take back over now. He doesn't think that'd be fair to his brother and the brother's children (still toddlers at this point but they'll lead one day).

So if people back home ever start getting too chummy with the charismatic badass that grew up as they grew older he usually gets himself proper shitfaced, does something really immature, and wanders off to go have another adventure.

All so that no one tries to displace his half-brother from the role of warchief.
>>
>>43726672
Why are his ears pointy?
>>
>>43727453
Because that's how he has 'em.

Inhuman ancestry, or just mundane dirtblood. It wasn't explained nor adressed yet. Probably never will.
>>
>>43727453
You know how his sword has become all magicky because of all the demon blood it's been covered in?

Well, Guts has been covered in his fair share of demon blood.
>>
>>43727704
Except it's been like that since chapter one. Originally, Miura drew everyone with significantly pointed ears; it was just his style. As his style has evolved, though, ears got rounder... for most of the cast. For one reason or another, Guts's ears are the only ones that stayed pointy.

No clue if they're important, though.
>>
>>43727190
That's exactly what I would do if we were In a zombie apocalypse. Except with a gun and your knee.
>>
being a quater-beastman chink in a group of ELVES

so horibble , it also makes me sad and angry
>>
>>43727541
It's like the inhuman strength that was implied in the first three volumes, what with him punching through walls and shit and the Apostles constantly saying "No human can do THIS", but wasn't even remotely hinted at in the golden age.
>>
>>43727802
It's probably not. Maybe they're pointed because he fell on his head after his mother's corpse gave birth to him into a puddle.
>>
File: 1444180669252.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444180669252.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>43727918
>>
>>43727993
RULE OF THE WILD. The smartest and strongest survive. If your dumbass couldn't figure out it is a good idea to own a gun you deserve to die in the apocalypse.
>>
>>43727984
Yeah. The fall he took as a newborn probably did something to his pituitary gland that causes increased muscle growth. He's also pretty tall.
>>
>>43727802
My theory is cooler.
>>
File: Berserk v16 p101.jpg (106 KB, 293x1216) Image search: [Google]
Berserk v16 p101.jpg
106 KB, 293x1216
>>43727453
piss him off and he grows fangs, make him mad enough and his eyes turns white.
Guts' more demon than human and it shows when he fights some apostle.
>>
>>43728145
That's just the artist's style to show his rage.
>>
>>43726672
He blames himself for the death of his war comrades.
He parted from his father on poor terms and he died before the reconciled.
He is ashamed that he never mastered his father's craft and secretly fears that he has no real calling.
>>
>>43726672
The BBEG, or one of the BBEGs, took a bunch of NPCs the party befriended and turned them into monsters, made us fight them, and then revealed what she had done after they were killed. It was a major turning point for the my character, and a couple others. Two of the other party members later got killed by a shadow dragon. So yeah, a few tragedies.
>>
>>43728027
>>
File: 1399964535832.png (225 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
1399964535832.png
225 KB, 642x361
>>43728027
Sounds nice until you run out of ammo. Congratulations, you spent more time shooting people that would "slow you down" rather than shooting the actual threat. Have fun being eaten by actual predators that are clever enough to attack en masse.
>>
>>43728027
Have fun being put down for being a selfish murderer by the guys that stuck together and now have fifty times as many guns as you, along with twenty times as many people to point them at you.
>>
File: you can say that again.jpg (16 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
you can say that again.jpg
16 KB, 420x315
>>43728599
>>
>>43726672
Orcs killed his family just after he turned 13. He joined a local militia soon after, eventually joining a mercenary company when the Orc tribes started moving southward, away from his homelands.
By the time the campaign started he'd spent 2/3 of his life in one army or another, fighting off Orcs and their wretched kin wherever he went.
>>
>>43728027
organized bands survive better than lone wolfs desu.
It only takes getting caught doing something like that once before you're exiled or killed.
>>
>>43726791
I do that shit all the time. It drives me nuts because I never catch it until 2-3 proof reads. I don't know where I developed that habit, but it needs to die.
>>
>>43726672
Yes, he can't get off from the boat.
>>
>>43726672
He got all his blood removed twice within the span of 24 hours after being betrayed by an ally.
He knew the ally's motivation, though, so he was able to take it fairly well, considering he survived.
Didn't want to pick a fight because he has better things to do with his time, and only he and the traitor know about it.
But he'll remember, and perhaps someday it'll become relevant again.
He also doesn't trust said ally's judgement anymore (obviously).
>>
File: SEX.jpg (57 KB, 297x390) Image search: [Google]
SEX.jpg
57 KB, 297x390
>>43728027
>The smartest and strongest survive.
So selfish. There is no propose to survival if it does not further the species. So long as you live long enough to have babies you've done good.

No guns now, only fuck
>>
The nano in my Numenera campaign had a pretty rough time when his boyfriend fell into a portal that flung him several thousand years into the future. Felt bad, man.
>>
>>43728027
Humans are a social animal, altruism is a survival trait.
>>
>>43729929
>>43728599
>>43728508
>>43728341
>Being this stupid unironically
>>
File: fishing pole bait.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole bait.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>43730441
>Assuming a vacuum where there are exactly two people and you have the gun in a zombie apocalypse, and furthermore dismissing all other arguments out of hand.
So how far do you normally go to justify your misanthropy?
>>
Well most of his family and village were killed when starship trooper style bugs tunneled into his family dojo and he is now being haunted by his grandmother who likes to constantly remind him that he is a disappointment and a failure for sucking ass at the family's ancestral martial art; but he is largely fairly chill about that and is mostly getting emo about the fact that the space emperor is either under mind control or legitimately dumb enough to start a massive space war for shiggles.
>>
>>43726672
What about characters that suffered a tragedy but moved on?
>>
>>43726672
I haven't dared since my first character that I tried to give PTSD ended up being a horrible whiny faggot.

At least, not with tabletop. I've experimented with freeform characters that go through shit, and I'm pleased with one not!Australian sniper woman who had to more or less watch through a scope as her whole squad was massacred, and the mental problems that ensued.
>>
>>43726672
EotE is a perfect game to for this, nearly every thing in obligation system can be written as one.

Still working on my characters. Either his old team got killed when their employer screwed them over, and he's out for revenge. Or he was saved from a bad situation as a child that got a lot of his family killed and the group that did it want him to pay them back
>>
Bad guys killed her family and raped her pregnant, now she's a single mom on the run.

The DM is a prick.
>>
File: 1447917420016.jpg (280 KB, 731x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447917420016.jpg
280 KB, 731x1000
>>43726672
Caska and Guts were a really cute couple. Why'd it have to go so wrong?
>>
His background up until two months ago was pure suffering. Just an endless stream of suffering.
>>
This was a retarded excuse to talk about your shitty manga that will never get off its fucking boat, wasn't it? You didn't even proofread your post.
>>
>>43726672
The only tragedy I've suffered from lately is your use of an apostrophe to pluralize "tragedy".
>>
File: 1397309355794.jpg (180 KB, 650x959) Image search: [Google]
1397309355794.jpg
180 KB, 650x959
>>43732708
>will never get off its fucking boat
>>
File: 1447444793291.jpg (89 KB, 467x500) Image search: [Google]
1447444793291.jpg
89 KB, 467x500
PC killed his love interest's sister in a moment of madness. She asked for mercy, and he had just convinced a recently met comrade to kill himself to kill off the enemy who surrounded said comrade, so he wasn't thinking too straight. The love interest doesn't know, and now loves said character and every time she brings her sister up he dies a little on the inside.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.