[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GW is finally advancing the fluff. The new Mont'ka book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: One will fall.png (2 MB, 1790x790) Image search: [Google]
One will fall.png
2 MB, 1790x790
GW is finally advancing the fluff. The new Mont'ka book is going to shake up the Status Quo (at least for the Tau) and change things permanently. Oh boy does this sets a precedent.

One of these characters (with models) is going to die by Imperial assassin hands. Which one will it be?

Will this fluff advancement will be a start of a trend of more setting advancement? Is 40K going to the direction of the End Times? What other plotlines do you guys want to be advanced/resolved?
>>
>>43726486
Far right so the waifuists will rage hard.
>>
>>43726486
Definitely that guy on the right, don't even play or know the more but he has a kill me vibe.
>>
>>43726486
I mean if it's #2 or #3 then itsfuckingnothing.jpg - only #1 would really be significant and even then they'd use it as a way to field Farsight stuff in a normal Tau army as they are re-integrated.
>>
Far left is most likely. Killing off Aun Va would be like killing Calgar or Vect, he's pretty much the big boss of the tau. Don't think it would be shadowsun personally either.
>>
File: image.jpg (322 KB, 811x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322 KB, 811x1091
>>43726529
>guy

Muh waifu..
>>
>tfw where no black library books talk about necrons protagonist
>>
>>43726486
I doubt they're gonna kill of Farsight right after they've updated new formations for him and the Eight.
>>
>>43726568
"Shield of Baal : Devourer" and "Lords of Borsis" are Necrons novels with Necron protagonists. I don't get what it has to do with this thread, though.
>>
>>43726486
>implying Tau shit is part of 40k fluff

Sorry bro, your anime faction is just fanservice trash to obtain shekels from katana collectors and weaboos.
>>
>>43726609
That's the Eldar though.
>>
>>43726587
Going by the "Fire and Ice" story, Farsight, according to a prochecy, is going to win the war but he will be transformed into the "Mont'shaar'" aka "The Terror That Burns Dark".

Farsight is aware of this prophecy and is trying to prevent it. He might off himself rather than transforming into a monster.
>>
>>43726655

Prophecy stuff tends to end badly in Warhams. Idranel died trying to redirect a Tyranid swarm which got beaten by spess mareens anyway.
>>
>>43726607
My bad i didn't know those books
>>
>Our guys kill a no-name character with no model
>Your guys get to kill an important character with a model

How is this fair?
>>
>>43726486
It's probably going to be Aun'va (on the center).

Farsight (left) is in recent fluff implied to be involved in some important prophecy or something, and is the most recogniceable character of his own sub-faction/supplement (Farsight Enclaves), making killing him very unlikely (Farsight Enclaves fluff revolves too much around him for it to work if he's removed).

Shadowsun (right) is the supreme commander of the Tam Empire's military forces, so she fulfills essentially the same role of Tau than, say, Abaddon for Chaos, Ghaz for Orks or Creed for IG. Because of her role she can easily be written in the fluff of any major battle the Tau are involved in, and if she'd die they'd be left with no named Commander character for the main Tau faction (Farsight has his own thing).

Aun'va, on the other hand, while important to the fluff (he's the leader of the Tau Empire) doesn't have much reason to be on the battlefield so killing him off wouldn't require them coming up with a new model to replace him (just mention the new Ethereal Supreme in the fluff, but not have him show up in the battlefield where he could get shot). It would, however, be a huge shakeup for the Tau fluff, as his death would be a massive blow for Tau morale and likely force Shadowsun to attone for her failure to protect him and make her (and the Tau as a whole) swear vengeance for the Imperium.
>>
>>43726609
as opposed to the factions that don't exist just to obtain shekels from their own varient of neckbeard?
>>
>>43726820
Because the no name character was the top dog of a 1st Founding chapter who was beaten at what he did best in a chapter renown for doing it best, then go on to hand the rest of his forces their asses on platters in so great a fashion half the leaders swear an oath of enmity.
People who know the setting realize that is NOT a small thing, even if the character involved doesn't have piles of novels written about them.
>>
>>43726486
Place your bets! We've got a poll going on.
http://strawpoll.me/6048395
>>
>>43726486
>Which one will it be?
The one that didn't feature on the cover of the books.

Anyway
>40k
>setting advancement
>end times
This shit shouldn't be happening and ya'll niggas know this well.
>>
>>43727152
>This shit shouldn't be happening
You mean won't be happening.
Idiots who don't know 40k is a setting with a starting point and foretold ending point, with everything inbetween stories of things that ALREADY HAPPENED, are to be ignored.
>>
>>43727205
That's what they said about WHFB
>>
File: Aunshi6.jpg (18 KB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
Aunshi6.jpg
18 KB, 250x369
>Aun'Va dies
>Aun'shi takes his place
>His chiselled abs will become a symbol of unity that will bring the Tau together

For the Greater /fit/.
>>
>>43727231
WHF also had a ton of campaigns that were kept in canon, whereas in 40k, they were scrubbed out.
End times for 40k may happen when the time has come to put the license to bed, but it won't be any time soon, as GW is still in the black with 40k, and not losing money with WHF.
>>
>>43726486
I was thinking about this yesterday. Tau is the perfect way for GW to move the story forward in 40k because it is such a small and isolated part of the setting on a whole, and you can have losses and gains without shaking up the whole status quo.

I don't think any of them are going to die, though. They all have models and rules in a recently published book. Severax had neither.
>>
>>43727475
The White Dwarf article confirms that one of them will not survive the attack of the assassins.
>>
>>43726542
>Aun Va
He's an old mentor. He's dead meat.
>>
>>43727499
Well, probably Aun'Va then. He's kind of a cunt, and killing him opens the door to reconciling Shadowsun and Farsight. Aun'Va told Shadowsun to go kill herself in the Kauyon book (in not so many words) after an early failure, which is what led to her sacrificing body doubles to bait out Severax before blowing him in half with a Ghostkeel. If she had done what Aun'Va had told her to do and been the bait herself Severax would have eviscerated her instead of one of the body doubles that volunteered for a suicide mission.
>>
Can a Space Marine pilot an Imperial Knight? I have a theory about the Obsidian Knight, I gotta know.
>>
>>43727558
You should see how he treated her in the Damocles Anthology. He is indeed a jerk.
>>
>>43727584
It's also hinted in the end of the narrative in Kauyon that the campaign may not be going as well as the propaganda portrays, as they lost /billions/ of Fire Warriors taking the planet and their empire cannot sustain those kind of losses compared to the juggernaut that is the Imperium of Man. It's implied that while they won the battle there's little chance they'll win the war... at least under Aun'Va's leadership.
>>
>>43727559
No.

Space Marines and Knights are two radically different organizations that require decades of training for each of their respective functions. Knight Scions are trained how to pilot their knights from an extremely young age, and pretty much do nothing but train in their knights for battle. Space Marines are in a similar way, but also radically genetically augmented and psycho-indoctrinated to 110%.

A Space Marine with a Mind Impulse Unit (which are only found in Space Marines hooked up to Dreadnoughts) that can somehow get a hold of an unclaimed, uncorrupted Knight, then manage to train with it and master its systems with no knowledge of how it works and without the Knight rebelling and without that Knights House trying to take it back would be so astronomically improbable as to be approaching zero.
>>
>>43726634

Eldar are clearly egyptians mixed with japanese. I mean seriously? Chainsaw katanas?
>>
>>43727655
But its 40k where your astronomically improbable doesn't actually matter because of the numbers they shovel forward so fast. So it might be a thing.
>>
>>43726486
>Will this fluff advancement will be a start of a trend of more setting advancement? Is 40K going to the direction of the End Times? What other plotlines do you guys want to be advanced/resolved?
I want an End ofTimes aborted. All the build up? Crazy (forty) millenarian talk.
>>
>>43726486
farsight's out

I'd like to see shadowsun bite it, but that would make too much sense. So Aun'Va's dead.
>>
>>43727559
No. The Knight wouldn't like that. Something about the pilot that was the first to use the Knight gets his or her personality imprinted on the next user. If the personality doesn't match you can't use it.
>>
>>43726927
Who was it? Chapter Master of the Raven Guard?
>>
Is there some heroes amongst the kroot or it's just cannon-fodder ?
>>
>>43728037
There was a SC Kroot character but he died a long time ago
>>
>>43727690
It does matter when you consider both Knights and Marines are in limited supply.
>>
Odd how those three are critical figures for their race, but since their race is so irrelevant to the greater scope, you can off one of those three and the story will move on like nothing happened.
>>
PLOT TWIST: The assassin was an Eldar sniper using an Imperial long-las and wearing Imperial armor as a false-flag operation.
>>
>>43728295
>imperial assassin
>long-las
>>
>>43728067
Eldrad and Captain Tycho are both dead but they still make appearances in the tabletop.
>>
>>43728295
Is this another case of Ork snipers?
>>
>>43728309
The Long-las is the weapon used by Imperial Guard snipers and by Space Marine Scouts. Plus it's close enough to an Eldar long rifle.
>>
>>43728310
Both their deaths have been retconned.

Pok's death happened early in the history of the Tau.
>>
File: Place your bets.png (539 KB, 669x437) Image search: [Google]
Place your bets.png
539 KB, 669x437
Which Tau croaks it?
>>
>Were the Tau and the Imperium able to put aside their differences, they could prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy

-From the Mont'ka WD

So what's at fault for preventing this glorious alliance from happening?
>>
>>43728353
They do have ork snipers, they're called orks with big shootas.

Orkses only hit one shot out of three, right? But da big shoota has a long range, and can still be carried by a single sneeky boy, an' it fires so fast dat even if only a third of the shots will hit, it fires three per turn, so that the ork will never miss, see?
>>
>>43728408
GW writers.

And the xenophobia and stuff
>>
>>43728390
>retconned

What is this sorcery?
>>
>>43728408
>Were the Tau and the Imperium able to put aside their differences, they could prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy
>Implying the tau are large enough to actually make a difference in anything
>>
>>43728445
I think you mean Red Corsairs, matey. Arrrrr.
>>
>>43728391
Seeing as that picture has both an assassin and Aun'va next to each other I think it's safe to say it's him, senpai
>>
>>43728455
They're big enough to deserve their own codex, which is more than can be said for the Adepta Sororitas
>>
>>43728148

Spess mehreens lost a character with no model or fluff presence, fair trade.
>>
>>43728472
Got them mixed up with the Celestial Lions.
>>
>>43728455
>Implying the tau are large enough to actually make a difference in anything
well, new fluff does have their total efforts at or exceeding a first founding chapter, so in a galaxy of stalemates this wouldn't go unnoticed. Not to mention free techno-heresy.
>>
>>43728455
GW implies they can.

If the Imperium supported the Tau with their sources, the Tau would have churned out new weapons and technologies at light speed. The massive armies of the Imprerium would have been augmented with advanced Tau technology giving them a devastating edge.
>>
>>43726542
I swear to god, if they kill Farsight, I'll loose my shit. I just paid 50 bucks for him just TODAY.
But, uh, knowing you can only get him online, I guess it's the most hinted scenario.
Can I even get refunded if I return the mini unopened to them, if they take him away from the game?
>>
>>43726587
They're not gonna kill off Fantasy after releasing brand new books and models.

Besides Tycho, Naaman, and Eldrad have all had rules while canonically dead.
>>
>>43728455
It's not implied, retard. They spelled it out clearly for faggots like you :^)
>>
>>43728541
supported the Tau with their near-limitless resources*
>>
>>43728544
It's not going to be Farsight, he's too big a character. And I doubt it's going to be Shadowsun given the amount of attention she's been getting in the fluff.

Here's my prediction; the story of the Mont'ka book will show the Imperium's armies continually having the shit slapped out of them, only for the Tau to freak out and quit the planet when Aun'va gets assassinated. The Imperium will retake its territory, but it'll end with a cliffhanger of the Tau mobilizing to launch a huge counter-attack under the leadership of Aun'va's replacement. Things happen, people die, but the status quo eventually remains the same.
>>
>>43728618
Sounds about right
>>
>>43728572
>>43728541
Wouldn't they be better off supporting the Eldar instead? Eldar technology far surpasses the Tau's.
>>
>>43728455
Exactly. The Tau's small population and slow space travel are their limiting factor. The Imperium has effectively limitless manpower and Warp travel, but gets worn down by death of a thousand cuts because so much will never be relearned. Tau progression backed by Imperial resources would be a force. But not grimdark, so it's not going to happen.
>>
>>43728645
>Eldar technology far surpasses the Tau's.

Yeah, but it's predictable and slowly getting worse. The Tau's shit is still getting better.
>>
>>43728645

Wraithbone isn't compatible with human science. Even the Emperor's attempt to connect into the Webway was shoddy and blew up when Magnus sent a psychic message. But the production facilities of the Imperium can quite easily be tweaked to be compatible with anything Tau do.
>>
>>43726486
Screw all you idiots in this thread not thinking it's going to be Farsight. It was a dread pirate Robert scenario all along, the blade stealing life was a lie and the original one's been dead for years.

I'm right, you're wrong, and Shadowsun's going to get a Ghostkeel formation.
>>
>>43728645
Eldar do not innovate like the Tau do, they are not as united and determined as the Tau, and they don't have the numbers.

Also the typical arrogant elf personality would drive anyone over the walls.
>>
>>43728645
Well, in the short term, yes, but the Eldar are pretty stagnant too. The Tau have growth potential. Amd the Eldar aren't in the book, so no point mentioning them.
>>
>>43726542
They're gonna kill Aun Va, have farsight launch a coup, and suddenly Taucrons
>>
>>43727635
>as they lost /billions/ of Fire Warriors taking the planet

I'm surprised they even *have* BILLIONS of fire warriors
>>
File: 1323550820121.jpg (86 KB, 600x831) Image search: [Google]
1323550820121.jpg
86 KB, 600x831
>>43728779
>suddenly Taucrons

Does this mean Xeno is now canon?
>>
>>43728618
They've wanted to ditch the old shadowsun model for ages, though.

I could see them capping her off and releasing a generic XV-22 commander.
>>
>>43728391

Why would you send a Culexus assassin against the Tau?
>>
>>43728696
I can just imagine Magnus's message to the Emperor. "Sup dad, out on the town with Fulgrim and Angron, I'll be back for supper"
>>
File: this is why.png (17 KB, 755x85) Image search: [Google]
this is why.png
17 KB, 755x85
>>43728880
>>
>>43728880
To disturb the ethereal powers to influence the Tau?
>>
>>43728916
It's pheromones though. Not some sort of warp fuckery.
>>
>>43728927
But does the Imperium know that? The fluff says no.
>>
>>43728880
Because the Culexus Assassin is the best assassin. Utility beyond the roof.
>>
File: 1432589627749.jpg (17 KB, 811x571) Image search: [Google]
1432589627749.jpg
17 KB, 811x571
>>43728618
DLFG, please. Let us assume it's Shadowsun. Let us dream.
>>
Farsight kills himself with the Dawn Blade.

All hail the coming of the Demon Emperor!
>>
>>43728907
but wouldn't marker-lights still work, and seeing as how the tau have native BS3 anyways, I don't see how a Culexus would be useful. (even if I've been playing this wrong, the effect is still minimal)
>>
>>43728948
You right! I wasn't thinking like an imperial. I think blanks are fucking rad so I don't care either way. Mainly because I get to see some robo skeleton space lasers shot out of a shoulder cannon.
>>
>>43729007
>Farsight kills himself with the Dawn Blade
How would it work though? He steals his own life force, and what happens?
>>
>>43729049

Apotheosis.
>>
Culexus vs Aun'va
Eversor vs Farsight?
Callidus vs Shadowsun?
>>
>>43729022
>wouldn't markerlights
nope. Buffs mean nothing to the spooky scary assassin.

Keep in mind, even if they did work, they'd only be hitting on 6's. And then you'd need to buff the shooting unit's BS1 up to acceptable levels.
>>
>>43729049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKlaFyQDhWw

5:53
>>
>>43728427
Ork *snipers* where what killed most of the Celestial lion space marines...

...who happened to question the inquisition
>>
>>43728907
Eh, against Tau or Guard Culexus aint shit when you can just put a large blast on it or flame it.
>>
>>43729124
Thanks, Anon. Now I'm curious about this game.
>>
>Kill Farsight off right after updating his shit in the new codex

Na my mane

Shadowsun or FagVun will buy it it to appease the crying hordes of Spacebabby players after Shadowsun just rekt'd them and Fagvun in expendable
>>
Likely the Assassination vs Farsight will succeed and that will make him realise that he's immortal and cannot die.

Eternal Warrior.
>>
>>43727661
But Eldar are culturally Welsh.
>>
>>43726609
Yet they're not the faction with a martyrdom culture, who favor close combat, and have a divine Emperor.
>>
>>43729192
>single S4 hits at dick touching range with a fucking assassing
or
>relying on BS1-scattering blast templates

He's a fire magnet on the level none of the other assassins can even compare to. Dude's rock solid, and can waste entire turns of shooting.
>>
>>43728455

Tau tech would make the imperium unstoppable, Chaos might as well call it a day with their antique tech
>>
Aun'shi dies performing a pointless sacrifice to save Farsight. Farsight realises that he's immortal and becomes mad with rage.
>>
>Killing a Tau MC

Wew lad

GW really can't let the xenos have anything nice can they even though insider rumours just said they've made mad bank off the Tau update and they are one the most profitable races.

Yes lets kill off one of the few decent characters they have tho...
>>
>>43729251
Only their language.

It's a mishmash. Like how Dark Angels are knights and native americans and monks and bikers and gay and hate trees.
>>
>>43729465
tau have good plastic kits

tau characters are all literally who
>>
>>43729517

Maybe if they didn't keep killing them off they wouldn't be 'WHO' tier now we literally only have Farsight,Shadowsun and crazy tank commander if they kill the supreme leader off meanwhile Chaos has a zillion SCs like Kharn,Fabius,Demon Princes who'll never be touched
>>
>>43729563
>keep killing them off
none of them are dead though
>>
Farsight and Shadowsun are going to make babies, right?
>>
>>43726486
Hopefully all the xeno scum will die by imperial assassins.
>>
>>43726559
your waifu is ass-ugly in canon art m8
>>
>>43729653

Because it's imperium players propaganda
>>
File: Tau women are ugly as sin.png (18 KB, 455x454) Image search: [Google]
Tau women are ugly as sin.png
18 KB, 455x454
>>43729680
Uh huh.
>>
>>43729098
>Culexus vs Aun'va
>Eversor vs Farsight?
>Callidus vs Shadowsun?
And the Vindicare out shoots all of them.
>>
>>43728877
>They've wanted to ditch the old shadowsun model for ages, though.

They have?
>>
>>43729840
Yeah. For a number of interesting reasons.

Personally I'm be all for it, the shadowsun model is hideous and a redesigned stealthsuit-commander would be choice.
>>
>>43729621

Yes, they already did the old "sharing body heat" trick back on Puretide's missions. This will end in breeding.
>>
File: SisterofBattleDialogusNEW01.jpg (27 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
SisterofBattleDialogusNEW01.jpg
27 KB, 600x620
>>43729773
>>43729653
Yup, nothing like the perfect human beauty.
>>
>>43730001
Are you implying GW knows what a human woman looks like?
>>
File: latest.jpg (31 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
31 KB, 1024x576
>>43728681
>But not grimdark, so it's not going to happen.

> You know Hans, what if... what if we don't genocide those guys?
> What do you mean?
>>
>>43726486
I hope its Farsight. But I have a feeling it'll be Au'Va, leading to Farsight coming back to the Empire and then using all of the Empire's resources to fuck. Shit. Up.
>>
>>43728880
>why send the incorporeal invisible superhuman that can drain life with only a touch

Geez, why I wonder.
>>
>>43730328
You're retarded. The Culexus Assassins are only really good against Psykers.

Tau are nearly nulls they have so little soul. You'd be better off sending literally any other kind of assassin.
>>
>>43730390
>The Culexus Assassins are only really good against Psykers
and you're calling other people retarded?
>>
>>43730390
>The Culexus Assassins are only really good against Psykers.

>The cybernetical and biological enhanced human more skilled at combat than a fucking chapter master that is capable of completely kill anyone with a single touch and is so fucking skilled at stealth that was able to infiltrate a craftworld.

>Useless

And you are calling me a retard?

Also

>Tau
>nearly nulls

Learn your fucking fluff.
>>
>>43730390
>the Culexus’ very touch is death, leeching the soul from its victim before shredding it like smoke before a hurricane. Victims are not simply killed, but instead are utterly destroyed, their essence torn apart even as their body is reduced to a scorched shell. A single punch from a Culexus can prove lethal, and if the Assassin is able to take a firm grip of a living foe, their doom is all but assured.

>the Etherium also renders the Culexus Assassin nearly impossible to detect, whether by conventional senses or via complex mechanical sensors. For this reason, the advance of the Culexus is more of a relentless prowl than a headlong rush, as the Assassin stalks towards the target with the inevitability of death itself. A Culexus can stand in the very same room as his target yet remain hidden, his victims feeling only a mounting sense of unease, and glimpsing nothing but phantoms haunting their peripheral vision.

>With the enemy in sight, the Animus Speculum is used – an unnaturally powerful weapon that is deadly to all,
>>
>>43730039
That's a Brit 10/10
>>
>>43728390
Tycho is still dead, it was never retconned
>>
>>43728645
But my uplifting primer says Eldar Technology is antiquated.
>>
>>43728016
I think it was the Imperial Fists chapter master.
>>
File: 1418510028334.jpg (156 KB, 900x877) Image search: [Google]
1418510028334.jpg
156 KB, 900x877
>>43728519
You take that back. I don't know the Sisters numbers, but surely with their thousands-year old history and their many Orders across the Imperium, they'd have more to them than the young Tau Empire that's a blip in the galactic southeast, right?
>>
File: 99800102001_AbaddonNEW_01.jpg (91 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
99800102001_AbaddonNEW_01.jpg
91 KB, 920x950
>>43729925
So where exactly is this coming from? A plastic XV22 in the future wouldn't be surprising, but I don't see a huge need to replace Shadowsun myself, especially when there are far older character models still being sold that could use an update more.

Are they bothered by the cameltoe?
>>
>>43731239
That's the primary reason, yeah.
>>
>>43728901
The message was supposed to be "Horus has fallen to Chaos's temptations, we need to head this off NOW!" but when he popped into the lab, his sorcery destroyed pretty much everything, and most of it was irreplaceable. He saw what he had caused and could barely say "Oops" before Emps sent Russ to haul him back to account for using proscribed sorcery.
>>
>>43729621
>The Tau are hopelessly outnumbered by the Imperium's vast armies, but they are employing far superior technology
Tau are the new Eldar.
>>
Could be Farsight, dies then protégé takes over, model doesn't have to change.
>>
>>43729621
>..reunites Shadowsun and Commander Farsight for the first time in over 250 years
So... they made that apparent typo canon? Shadowsun is now a quarter of a millennium old amongst a race where 35 is getting towards elderly? Whilst I'm cool with Aun'Va being stupidly old (Yoda-like character) and Farsight having magic juju, I feel that making Shadowsun old knda ruins the 'youthful dynamism' thing the Tau have going for them.
>>
>>43732163
stasis
>>
>>43731306
> "Look, I know this forbidden sorcery looks bad, but your favourite son has fallen to evil sorcer... shit."
>>
File: Laughing_Sandwhich_Original.jpg (17 KB, 221x195) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Sandwhich_Original.jpg
17 KB, 221x195
>>43727267
Underrated post. Also I hope it happens.
>>
File: JkT3PtO.jpg (125 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
JkT3PtO.jpg
125 KB, 720x960
Kind of doubt it will be Farsight considering FSE is supposed to get updated in 2016, not to mention his model isn't old by any means.

Could easily see it being Aun'va because his model is old, but more importantly because no one really gives a fuck about him and his death would be the most shocking to the Tau.

Of course this is assuming the death of any above doesn't turn out to be a ruse and they live on in some manner.

Also have to say, this is a way of actually making limited editions tempting.
>>
>>43732309
Aun'shi is trapped in Commegrah though, unless there is more recent fluff
>>
>>43732402
on second thought, having him escape and finish his job of bringing farsight back would make sense. would love for him to be playable/ get a new model.
>>
>>43732163
It's in the fluff that the 3 Mary Sue students were supposed to be stasis frozen so they could pass on their mentor's wisdom
>>
>>43731107
>But my uplifting primer says Eldar Technology is antiquated.

Well, you're not wrong... Eldar technology does date back tens of thousands of years.
>>
File: Life without the Warp.png (24 KB, 412x445) Image search: [Google]
Life without the Warp.png
24 KB, 412x445
>>43730525
>Learn your fucking fluff.

He is right.. The fluff calls them virtually blanks.
>>
>>43734961
Psychic nulls=/=Soulless
>>
>>43732402
Aun'shi has escaped the Dark City and went to the Enclave.

Last we see him he was talking with Shadowsun about what Farsight told him in the Enclaves.
>>
>>43734971
Same thing dude.

Nulls = Blanks = Soulless things.

The Tau souls are so small that they are virtually blanks.
>>
>>43730039
GW can't make female characters for shit, which is why all 'canon' depictions should be discarded.
CRUCIFY GW FOR NO WAIFU
>>
>>43726486
Also any news on the third student guy sleep in the static ?
>>
>>43735444
Shas'O Kais is awake and fighting in the Third Sphere. Last we see him, he was conquering a system for the Tau Empire.

No further news of him.
>>
>>43735000
>>The Tau souls are so small that they are virtually blanks.

Uh, do you read the fluff at all?

A blank is an ENTIRELY different thing then just a weaker soul... Tau are NOT blanks. Blanks are human, its a genetic thing humanity gets.

Tau still have souls, just weaker ones. None of this would keep a Culexus from murdering them.

Fools trying to argue fluff they don't read...
>>
>>43735000
>Nulls = Blanks = Soulless things.
that is completely fucking wrong you dipshit. Blanks are anti-souls, tau are just tiny souls
>>
>>43735886
In the future, please try to write like an adult. I don't know what net community you hail from, but your manner of typing is arguably in violation of global rule 6, which is the most important rule. Worse, it's mildly annoying. It's particularly wrong because you're actually correct, and talking like a faggot undermines your point.
>>
File: 1402847302086.png (14 KB, 203x209) Image search: [Google]
1402847302086.png
14 KB, 203x209
>>43735914
>>
>>43732332
>Also have to say, this is a way of actually making limited editions tempting.

Maybe if it came out before the single books.
>>
>>43735914
Not him, but really? he was adding emphasis through text. Faggy typing is emoticons and five year old memes in an attempt to fit in. Ellipses is the only thing wrong with what he said, and woopedy doo, ellipses.
>>
>>43735886
Do you know what the word "Virtual" means, you moron?

>>43735904
Except It's right.

Do you know what you arguing against right now? The Tau are virtually blanks which means as closet a thing can be to a blank without being a blank.

See (>>43734961)

Next time learn to read.
>>
>>43736081
Adding emphasis was stupid, ellipsis was stupid, his grammar is bad, and the first and last lines are stupid. Here's how it should look:

A blank is an entirely different thing than just a weaker soul. Tau aren't blanks, blanks are human. It's a genetic thing humanity gets.
Tau still have souls, just weaker ones. None of this would keep a Culexus from murdering them.

See? Not that hard. I didn't even change the sloppy sentence construction, since if English isn't is first language, that would be a reasonable imperfection to have.
>>
>>43736120
The thing is that guy was confused as hell, Nobody was arguing the Tau were blanks or null. Me and the other guys said that they were near-nulls/virtually blanks (their souls barely register in the warp).

The dread effect of the pariahs should be considerably lowered on the Tau.
>>
>>43736105
>virtually blanks
no, blanks impede psykery/warp shenanigans by their very presence. Can a Tau interrupt a daemon by being in its presence? no. Therefore, they are small-soulled beings with very small presence in the warp. A culexus will still be able to kill them. A null is not a blank-a null just has no soul, it does not impede the presence of the warp in its vicinity.
>>
>>43736175
>the word "virtual"

>almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.

Now you know what a virtual means, you can shut up now. No one is saying the Tau are blanks.

>A null is not a blank-a null just has no soul,

Blanks = Pariahs = Untouchables = Nulls

They are all words for the same thing. Don't fucking bullshit.

The assassin has his effect only because he has no presence in the Warp at all. The power of the assassin effect is relative to the psychic presence of his victim. The psychic presence the victim has, the more powerful the effect is upon him.

The Tau barely have no pesence in the Warp so the Pariah assassin attacks against them would have much reduced effect.
>>
Why is it that the White Scars are constantly getting their shit kicked in by the Tau? This is horseshit.
>>
>>43736201
>much reduced effect.
>A culexus will still be able to kill them
there we go, is that so hard? A culexus can still kill a tau. Maybe not quite as quickly as an eversor, but you can't be MORE dead.
>>
>>43736215
That's what I am saying. The culexus can kill the Tau but he would not be effective in it as the rest of the assassins.

His shtick is harnessing psychic energies from his victims and throwing them back at them. The Tau have no psychics so his main shtick and most powerful weapon are pointless.

They should have sent an extra vindacre instead.
>>
>>43736255
>only really good against psykers
thats the point i was making. Sure, a vindicare works just as well, but either way theres gonna be a dead blueberry, and you cant be more dead than dead
>>
>>43736201
>Blanks = Pariahs = Untouchables = Nulls
Lies.
Blanks and untouchables have no soul, nulls and pariahs have a negative warp presence.
>>
>>43736290
Assassins are about effectiveness and efficiency, right?

Culexus against the Tau is not effective or efficient. It won't work just as well as other assassin. His anti-psychic training and anti psychic equipment and weapons will not be utilized at all in the mission. It' simple a waste of resources.
>>
>>43736309
Oh quit the bullshit.

The Assassin dataslate says that Pariahs and untouchables are the same thing.

Culexus temples gather them and train them to harness their powers and augment them with their technology.
>>
>>43736344
But there are clearly humans without a warp presence and humans with a negative one. How does the Imperium different that shit? By levels, like psyker power?

>>43736330
Why? The Tau still have a soul and will get fucked with unease and the Culexus can get through any kind of mechanical detection. His target will get it's soul ripped apart and nobody will know why.
>>
>>43730001
It's like Velma fucked Mr. Bill...
>>
>>43736371
No, they are all the same thing. Blanks, untouchables, etc. The difference only lays in how well trained they are.

An untrained blank like Jurgen from the Cain series would just screw up psykers around him. Trained blanks like the Culexus can do that and rip out psychic energies out of their victims by their will.
>>
Better idea, squat the tau. Tell their now ex-players to take their brighthammer and go find a weeb mecha TT game to play instead.
>>
>>43726486
Shadowsun (far right) is going to die. Reason:

NO GIRLS ALLOWED in 40k.
>>
>>43736214
Because letting Mongols destroy Asians wouldn't be correct
>>
>>43736402
>brighthammer
>Tau
>>
>>43736413
You would figure it would just be Asians destroying other Asians, or are the Mongols somehow not Asian despite originating in central Asia?
>>
>>43736623
Mongols are part Turk, right?
>>
>>43736632
I think we're talking about 2 different kinds of Mongols here.
>>
>>43726655
Shas'vre K'aaz, I am already a Mont'shaar
>>
>>43731239
His ass, pulled from his ass
>>
>>43730001
Yeah she's not wearing glasses those are her robot eyes it is still often considered the most hideous model and is incredibly outdated the female head is brand fucking new
>>
>>43736390
>>43736344
It used to be different in zhe older fluff
I think this is just a case of old fluff vs. new fluff, as is used to be different between Blanks and Pariahs.
>>
>>43728907
what happens if this guy faces Kharn?
>>
>>43736879
assassin makes him WS1
kharn hits on 2+ regardless

Kharn hits on a 2+ even if he should be hitting automatically, remember. It's a separate effect to his WS.
>>
>>43726486
>Tau kill Chucklefuck McNobody the Chapter Master
>ZOMG1one GW advancing plot yo!

I swear it like watching Pavlov's Dogs recently.
>>
>>43737382
To add to this, they killed off the Blood Angel character, the one with the Phantom of the Opera mask long ago and that did fuck all in 'advancing the plot' hint: it the setting that doesn't advance, not plot of fluff. They advance all the time
And long ago, there were several characters that were not even alive anymore, having died in the fluff that introduced them. Warhamms Fanta did this with more then half of the characters till the later editions.
>>
>>43729925
>For a number of interesting reasons
And they would be?

Other then failcast, that is.
>>
>>43734989
>Last we see him he was talking with Shadowsun about what Farsight told him in the Enclaves.
haven't finished kau'yon, in there or different source
>>
>>43726486
Aun'Va, that's what I'm betting.

Shadowsun and Farsight are too cool to die.
>>
>>43728364
>imperial assassin
>imperial guard
These are not even remotely the same thing
>>
>>43726655
>Going by the "Fire and Ice" story, Farsight, according to a prochecy, is going to win the war but he will be transformed into the "Mont'shaar'" aka "The Terror That Burns Dark".
>according to prophecy
Weren't the Tau supposed to be logical and ignore prophecies?
>>
>>43739364
Not a Tau prophecy, but a *Grey knight, who is traveling with Farsight, who has already seen what the ruinous powers are capable of.
*may not be a Grey knight, but some inquisition dude speculated as much.
>>
>>43739364
Not if they still fear the Mont'au.
>>
>>43739406
not so much a prophesy as a repetition of historical events being feared.
>>
>>43729337
Even with low BS, you've got a good chance of getting Direct Hit
>>
>>43737418
>To add to this, they killed off the Blood Angel character, the one with the Phantom of the Opera mask long ago and that did fuck all in 'advancing the plot'
Well Lord Solar Mecharius used to be an HQ before he was killed. That ACTUALLY advanced the plot a little since his Crusade became the Macharian Heresy
>>
>>43739530
even when he was an HQ, he was Alexander the Great in space and his flavor text was him dying and cursing that he could not keep conquering
>>
>>43739550
>even when he was an HQ, he was Alexander the Great in space and his flavor text was him dying and cursing that he could not keep conquering
Yes, but they actually canonized the Alexander Successor states with the Macharian Heresy is what I mean.
>>
File: THE END endtimes.jpg (176 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
THE END endtimes.jpg
176 KB, 720x1280
>>43726486
>GW is finally advancing the fluff.

Fantasy here.

Be very, very careful what you wish for.

God's speed through.
>>
>>43729049
You can't assume the prosess gives 100% of the life energy to the user, there's always some loss.
>>
>>43726486
>Which one will it be?
Probably Ethreal dude, Shadowsun would be the best.
>Will this fluff advancement will be a start of a trend of more setting advancement? Is 40K going to the direction of the End Times? What other plotlines do you guys want to be advanced/resolved?
I sure fucking hope not AoS is real retarded.
>>
>>43729288
Underrated post.
>>
File: img4416fa1a874f3.jpg (195 KB, 600x956) Image search: [Google]
img4416fa1a874f3.jpg
195 KB, 600x956
>>43739579
That's exactly the kind of thing OP is wishing for. He's the biggest End Times fan on the board.
>>
File: 1432075888589.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1432075888589.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>43736215
> but you can't be MORE dead.
My sides are orbiting right now.
>>
>>43735462
I always thought Shas'La Tau Kais from Firewarrior would have made an interesting special character.
>>
>>43736594
Remind me how many genocides the Tau are responsible for?

Tau need to get grimdark or get eaten by Nids.
>>
>>43742898
>hurdur grimdark
A bit of subtlety in a villain is appreciated, same for the 'goodguys'.
>>
>>43726486
Shadowsun dies

Then they revel the ethereals have been cloning her and this is like the 5th one

That "hearing chaos" shit is really the clone breaking down
>>
>>43726486
Aun'va will die at Farsight's hands
>>
File: 138.jpg (773 KB, 1165x1618) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
773 KB, 1165x1618
>>43743009
It's a kek point anyway; since 4th edition the Tau *have* been described as willing to resort to genocide.

(Being generous and assuming that anon isn't just trolling.)
>>
>>43742898
>whole point is that the tau are not supposed to be grim dark
>Farsight with the power of friendship beats the swarm lord
>hot blooded earth caste builds a giant robot that curb stomps nids
>every grim dark shit about the tau have been terrible
>>
>>43742645
He would just been an even more noblebright version of farsight is the issue
>>
File: killnotconfirmed.jpg (519 KB, 1271x862) Image search: [Google]
killnotconfirmed.jpg
519 KB, 1271x862
>>
>>43743504
>dropping rocks on the fucking retarded exposed pilots
obsidian knight confirmed for cool guy
>>
File: 1409700540954.jpg (37 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
1409700540954.jpg
37 KB, 762x613
>Eversor excerpt from Mont'ka on GW's site
>>
>>43727559
Yes. They would likely do a very good job too, as Space Marines are better at taming savage machine spirits.
>>
>>43727267
For the Greater Gains.
>>
>>43727635
I don't think it was billions but it was by no means an easy war. In the last fight they lost about million fire warriors in twenty fucking minutes thanks to (Chapter Master) Shrike and they had a lot of other casualties.
Not to mention by the end Shadowsun was actually starting to crack a bit.
>>
>>43734961
What's the source of this?
>>
>>43729049
It extends your life, not regenerates the wielder.

He would get a load of years added to his lifespan. But he would have bisected his heart so he would die anyway.
>>
>>43744940

Looks like WD
>>
>>43744680
>single drop pod in a giant science facility
>empties it in fifteen
>farsight takes his entire entourage of butt buddies to fight a single enemy
best assassin
>>
When will Calgar show up and punch all the Tau to death?
>>
>>43727267
>>43744810
I guess this guy would come back too.
>>
>>43744680
>>Eversor excerpt from Mont'ka on GW's site

There's an excerpt?
>>
>>43745091
>>
>>43745091
go to the preorder for mont'ka, squint at the preview pages

if you're under 30, you should be able to read it
>>
>>43745118
Thank you.
>>
File: O rly.png (374 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
O rly.png
374 KB, 640x360
Post YFW the assassins kill Aun'va and Shadowsun
>>
>>43745118
>fighting crisis suits in midair
>riding a shield drone
>pulling scrubs out of their suits like those robots in the animatrix
Shame "the eight" are protected by the plot powers conferred by having a name.
>>
>>43745186
Ob'latai got rekt, kinda.
He's probably fine.
>>
>>43745261
>oh no robot_pilot.exe stopped working
there's going to be a backup of some kind

I do wonder if some of them might get taken out by the bio-meltdown. I mean, they're all just gormlessly staring at his corpse.
>>
>>43745186
Brightsword dies once every couple of years, he's a Dread Pirate Roberts.
>>
>>43745186
>>43745261
The page cut off just after he's been shoot. And you don't want to be near an Eversor just after he die.
>>
>>43726486
>a minor character dies
>"fluff advancement"

The Tau are a small xenos civilization on the Imperium's fringes. They don't count for shit in the grand scheme of things. Even most Taufags readily accept this, all but the most blindly fantarded do anyway.

What you're saying is like claiming that some random Germanic tribal leader being killed was a major landmark of the Roman imperial period.
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
I hope Shadowsun dies, she's just kind of a bitch.
Farsight is cool and Aun'va is some Sheev type motherfucker.
>>
>>43745369
my nigga

It's not happening though.
>>
File: 1394729604699.jpg (52 KB, 518x386) Image search: [Google]
1394729604699.jpg
52 KB, 518x386
>>43745058

God what were they thinking with this model... if he were carrying a staff instead it wouldn't be half bad
>>
>>43745347
I believe it was fairly obvious he was referring to the Tau's fluff specifically, not anyone else's, aside from the precedent for the offing of a modeled character.
>>
>>43745453
>dare you face
>BATTLE MARACAS!
>>
>>43745369
What's wrong with her
>>
>>43726486

I've actually stated this before, but I've always felt that the Tau are PERFECT for a campaign. Why? Because they're so small, so out-of-the-way, so separated from the grand Chaos vs Imperium story, anything can happen to them.

Like, it's not like bringing a Primarch back or anything. You could kill off the entire Tau race, and nothing would change appreciably in the setting. Hence, you can make SERIOUS changes to the Tau. Not to mention that Shadowsun/Farsight have a reverse Amuro Ray/Char vibe to them, which must eventually be resolved in a BIG MECHA BATTLE.

If it was up to me, I'd have spun it into a big, Eye of Terror year-long campaign where everyone gets new goodies. Every race has an investment, no matter how tenuous, and the winner gets goodies.

Also, I'll tag it as A RACE WILL DIE!!! But even if the Forces of Disorder lose the campaign (I see it as three factions - Order, the Tau, Disorder), I'll eventually re-introduce 'Smoke Caste' Tau for the new grim and gritty Tau, and 'Tau Remnants' for OG Tau. Hell, I'll probably introduce battlesuits that can be piloted by human auxiliaries just so we can drive the Gundam comparisons home.

Seriously, a mini-Gundam versus a Space Marine. How fucking awesome would that be? People have been clamoring for human-pilotable battlesuits, and Sentinels are kind of primitive.
>>
File: 1398901965034.gif (3 MB, 325x136) Image search: [Google]
1398901965034.gif
3 MB, 325x136
>>43745186

WE CAPESHIT NOW!
>>
File: fukken.jpg (154 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
fukken.jpg
154 KB, 500x436
>>43745616
>WS/BS 8
>I7
>FNP
>"dodge" save
assassins are allowed capeshit antics
>>
>>43745607
>Like, it's not like bringing a Primarch back or anything.

Please stop wanking the primarchs.
They're not that big of a deal.
Many were around after the Heresy, and some have even shown up after that and got their shit slapped by Space Marines.
>>
>>43745681
He means the loyalist Prinarchs.

That would be a HUGE fucking deal, whether you think so or not.
>>
>>43745058
He's carrying fucking shake weights.

>>43744810
Kek
>>
>>43745702
>That would be a HUGE fucking deal

Not really.
They were already around a didn't do shit.
>>
>>43745681

Hey, bringing back a loyalist Primarch is a REALLY big deal. For one, he has authority to lead the Imperium and questionable authority to decide what to do with the Emperor. More, it would galvanize his Legion beyond belief and make them a serious political force.

It would be like Jesus Christ returning, and stating that he wants to take a more active hand in the world. Seven shades of hell would break loose, just over whether he's actually Jesus Christ or not.
>>
>>43745732
Like I said, irregardless of what you think. It would be massive.
>>
>>43745782
>irregardless
Post discarded
>>
>>43745818
That's nice dear.
>>
File: 600x338.jpg (40 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600x338.jpg
40 KB, 600x338
>>43726655
can you tell me more details about this prophecy?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.