[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War Warhammer: Night Goblins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: warhammer night goblins.jpg (148 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
warhammer night goblins.jpg
148 KB, 594x334
At least they nailed the fanatics down pretty well.

Still no word what shrooms they were on when they announced the Chaos Preorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_tiWg002k
>>
>>43725624
>Still no word what shrooms they were on when they announced the Chaos Preorder.

Well they did this http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/164869-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Dev-Blog-%E2%80%93-Chaos-Warriors-Pre-orders-and-DLC
>>
>>43726532
Never going to let that go, huh?
>>
>>43726872
I'm not sure what you mean, I don't consider it a good defence it that's what you're saying.
>>
>>43726872

Pre-order DLC == instantly dropped for most people these days

It's literally spitting your potentials in the face and saying "I THINK YOU'RE RETARDED". Most people seem to take offence for some strange reason when you do that.
>>
>>43727782
How does giving preorder dlc say "You're retarded,"?
>>
>>43727782
There has been pre-order DLC for all Total Wars since Empire.

Either way, it's SEGA not CA that decide this.

As for the Night Goblins, they look great.

Can't wait till Grimgor's Trailer.
>>
>>43726532
>>43726872
>>43727049
>>43727782
Should send a message to them and point out that Dues Ex: Mankind Divided had pre-order bonuses, which were eventually cancelled due to backlash after about 2 weeks (though it was done pretty quietly).

So, suggest that to them. I get their point, I understand that the difference between AI Race and Playable race is different, but it still irks me.

Not that I wasn't preordering anyway (it's been 10 years since the last WHFB RTS and 15 since the last good one) so I'm happy either way. Just sick of the rage. It doesn't help on /v/ or /tg/, go to them directly. Mention about DX:MD (Square Enix) changing their minds.

Either way, the Night Goblins look fantastic, that's exactly how I imagined them to move and the Fanatic looks brilliant fun.

Bring on O&G trailer then the Vampire trailer. They better do it, I want Mannfred being a smug bastard as usual/
>>
>>43727782
As far as I got it, if the DLC came like a month after the actual game there'd have been no fuss about it.

I can get who is angry at the mentality behind releasing something that is part of the main game as an extra you have to pay for though.

>>43727900
Because adding a pre order bonus can also be intended as removing a feature from the normal game.

It's a matter of whether or not the content of the DLC was developed with the funds of the main game alongside the main game or if it got developed separately and then added.
The chaos warriors were developed alongside the main game, time wise, and are in part a feature of the main game's campaign, but the guys at total war as can be read here>>43726532 also say that they were developed by a different team already in mind for a DLC, so not made with the funds of the main game.
In truth we can not know what exactly happened, but being released at day 1 only proves that they were in fact developed alongside the main game and are getting sold separate (because not everyone preorders, and for most is a idealistic argument, not a personal one) to make more cash, and this leads to correlate the game with the greedy practices of cutting content created with game's funds for DLC more than with the possibility of the DLC actually getting done like a DLC but early on the schedule.

I'm not sure if I got the point across.
I, for one, don't like DLCs, they're often overpriced and making a game with them in mind leads to a game being lacking at a basic conceptual level practically always, not too differently from the thought behind releasing games without the proper time to test bugs because "we can fix them along the way".
>>
>>43728350
>As far as I got it, if the DLC came like a month after the actual game there'd have been no fuss about it.

There was even a Shitstorm at arabia dlc for Attila. The Total War fan base has a lot of retarded hater.
>>
>>43730840
The Total War fanbase seems very very sore. Make one little move, and you can guarantee someone is gonna be pissed.
>>
>>43731849
The Total War fanbase has already made multiple versions of Total Warhammer on the backs of past games, and it's foolish to pretend that cutting out Chaos and sticking them in a pre-order bonus (instead of where they should be, in the core game) is a move that was ever intended to be anything but a naked money grab.

They wouldn't even give them the decency of a proper DLC, with a real full campaign as if they actually cared.
>>
>>43731978
Well obviously. One glance at the army list and it's clear this was meant to be an NPC faction, a BBEG that would appear as a final boss that appears at the end of every other faction's campaign as a tumor moving across the map.

Some dumbass either at CA, or Sega then thought it would be a good idea to make that NPC faction playable...and hide it behind a paywall. Because that makes perfect sense!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.