[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the strangest thing that you have seen an ork do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Agor_the_Mad_-_Ork_Weirdboy.jpg (145 KB, 541x543) Image search: [Google]
Agor_the_Mad_-_Ork_Weirdboy.jpg
145 KB, 541x543
What is the strangest thing that you have seen an ork do?
>>
>>43716648
In a Rogue Trader game we fought an Ork Warboss who had a thing for fruit.

Like, he raided Agri-Worlds and stole all their fruit, then stored it in his asteroid mining station he conquered. He constantly drank fruit juice, ate meat covered in fruit, and even wore fruit dangling from ropes on his Meganob armor (and destroying the fruit threw him into 200% Pissed Off mode). He still did normal Ork shit, but all of his raids were either to get more fruit or to get more Boyz so he could THEN get more fruit.

Probably the most interesting Ork NPC we ever had to deal with.

homemade Random Personality Traits tables are fucking awesome
>>
>>43716648
Personally or in game? Because let me tell you, most games don't even hold a candle to the kind of shit real orks do.
>>
>>43717057
Gretchen killing a terminator
>>
an ork in the space wolf series pisses on a spacewolf
that was pretty odd
>>
>>43716648
In Rogue Trader a bunch of orks with a Mad Dok leading them decided it was a fantastic idea to invade a water world to get at the promethian deposits. When the locals decided they'd combat them with submarines, the orks just attached water tanks and rebrethers to themselves to then go and fight the submarines in hand to hand combat.

They painted themselves black with white spots and named themselves "Da Orka's"
>>
>>43716648
Speak Proper English.
>>
I had old zogwort once turn a bloodthirster and a keeper of secrets into squigs

in the same game no less
>>
File: for_my_next_trick.jpg (34 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
for_my_next_trick.jpg
34 KB, 400x343
>>43717318
Nice
>>
>>43716905
Why did he want the fruit exactly?
>>
File: ale and wenches.jpg (123 KB, 700x735) Image search: [Google]
ale and wenches.jpg
123 KB, 700x735
>>43717658
Saying you don't like apples?
>>
>>43717658
http://exhentai.org/s/ae759475fd/827856-45
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>43717318
I guess they really wailed on their enemies.
>>
>>43716648
An Ork Freebotaz who pretended being a Rogue Trader. He was a smooth motherfucker, also very lucky with his disguise rolls and ripped us off several times.
>>
>>43716648
Practice rudimentary philosophy.
>>
>>43717658
It was unclear in the setting. He just kept raiding Agri-Worlds and stealing their fruit, so we were contracted to put a stop to it so as to not have entire planets starve.

Out of Character, however, this is exactly what happened, according to our GM:

>We're currently just cruising along, attempting to map out and patrol a region of newly-discovered human worlds that have just been brought under Imperial rule
>Rolling up a planet where we are going to receive a lucrative job on a bunch of his (admittedly quite thorough and interesting) random generator charts , because our GM likes to add a sense of the unexpected when he doesn't have a highly-specific goal in mind for the next session and because it can cause some pretty interesting situations that wouldn't otherwise be thought of
>Planet Type: Agri-World
>Major Export (as economies are important): Fruit
>Economic Competition: None (this meant there were no other planets in the region who could do what they did)
>Planet Development: Moderate (Some cities, basic tech-level, though nothing too extensive or fancy).
>Jurisdiction: None (it was discovered by another Rogue Trader, though he never claimed it, and no other Institution has set up a major shop there, so it's just under basic Imperial control)
>Faith: High
>Loyalty to Imperium: Medium
>Threat: Raiders (Ork Freebootas)
>Threat Level: High

So, we had a cornerstone Agri-World that produced the only meaningful amount of Fruit in the entire system, being raided by Ork freebootas constantly, and all they had to sell was their fruit.

So, the only reason this could be logically occurring was if the Ork Kaptain was somehow obsessed with fruit.

So that's what he was.

Really fun session, all things considered.
>>
>>43718982
But anon, every ork boy who survive enough will become a scholar and philosopher!
Gork is the best girl, fite me
>>
I've seen an ork eat its own head.
>>
>>43719023
Wot you say ya grot? Mork is the best goil!
>>
>>43717103
I was playing against Space Wolves one time and my opponent fielded Arjac Rockfist with some wolfinators. In the first few turns I was able to kill the termies with killkannons and some MANz that died valiantly, but Arjac made every save or look out sir roll he made. Eventually he was alone. He tried to run this motherfucker around the back of some terrain to get into my backfield and either break shit or just grab linebreaker, but that was a mistake. You see I had a squad of ten grots back there. I had a gretchin take a wound off of Arjac in shooting and then they charged him. Arjac was forced to issue a challenge that my runtherd with grabba stick accepted. Arjac only got one attack because of the grabba stick, so he only killed the runtherd that turn. My grots made their Ld save with a two and on the next turn managed to take off his second wound. Best grots ever.
>>
File: i got your picture bub.gif (2 MB, 397x233) Image search: [Google]
i got your picture bub.gif
2 MB, 397x233
>>43719072
>>43719023
Why not both?
>>
>>43719209
Becose it's now 'ow it workz ya git!
>>
>>43719239
Oh zog, I done messed up
>>
>>43717935
CARLOS YA GIT. ZOG OFF!!!
>>
>>43716648
Love.
>>
File: table o contents.png (503 KB, 877x745) Image search: [Google]
table o contents.png
503 KB, 877x745
>>
>>43717570
This sounds like interesting storytiem.
>>
>>43719777
I doubt it, the method in doing so is just "hey you, I'm going to turn you into a fucking squig, roll off to see if I succeed".
>>
>>43719512
a classic
>>
>>43716648
Win a game of regicide.

It was downright disturbing.
>>
>>43717318
genious, fucking genious
>>
>>43719512
Every time oh god.
>>
>>43717658

Orks need reasons to want things now? They like fighting and they like looting. I bet fruit gives you a lot of potential targets as a hoarder.
>>
>>43719005
sounds fun
>>
File: gardz.png (586 KB, 1089x2066) Image search: [Google]
gardz.png
586 KB, 1089x2066
somehow survive this place
>>
>>43722430
everytime
>>
>>43717103
Grots killing two marine bikes, who then failed their Ld and fell back all the way to their mommies
But this is an ORK thread you git, let's talk about REAL ORKS
>>
>>43716905
>In a Rogue Trader game we fought an Ork Warboss who had a thing for fruit.
>Like, he raided Agri-Worlds and stole all their fruit, then stored it in his asteroid mining station he conquered. He constantly drank fruit juice, ate meat covered in fruit, and even wore fruit dangling from ropes on his Meganob armor (and destroying the fruit threw him into 200% Pissed Off mode). He still did normal Ork shit, but all of his raids were either to get more fruit or to get more Boyz so he could THEN get more fruit.
>Probably the most interesting Ork NPC we ever had to deal with.
>homemade Random Personality Traits tables are fucking awesome

Can you please post the personality traits table? I'm making a super RPG random XYZ compilation for the Warhammer universe
>>
>>43723022
>I'm making a super RPG random XYZ TABLE compilation for the Warhammer universe.

Sorry for the mispost.

I have randon planet type
primary and secondary Terrain
Animals
dangerous traits for those animal/sizes
Reason to found a space marine chapter
and like lot more
>>
>>43723022
I sadly don't have them, because I'm not the GM, but I can tell you what they consist of, in addition to the Planet Generator tables already in the Rogue Trader books:

The Random Tables we've got are:

>Planet Type (More random and extensive than the ones in the book)

>Economic size (as it's Rogue Trader, economies are super-important)

>Economic Competition (How many other planets compete with it in the system)

>Major Export (Different, smaller tables for each type of planet)

>Governing Body (What type of government)

>Military Size

>Population Size

>Development Level (Tied into Planet Type)

>Ethnic Homogeneity

>Jurisdiction (Who owns this planet - there can be multiple of these)

>Faith (Devotion to the Imperial Cult)

>Loyalty (Devotion to the Imperium as a governing body)

>Current Threat (Can be multiples)

>Threat Level

Just off the top of my head.

For Random Personality Traits, a few of them were:

>Paranoia

>Obsession (Object)

>Philia (Object/Race)

>Phobia (Object/Race)

>Explosive Temper

>Mood Swings

>Overcompensator (Insecurity)

>Undercompensator (Insecurity)

>Addiction (Drug)

>Addiction (Non-Addictive Substance)

>Atheist

>Superstitious

>Vengeful

>Cold-Blooded

>Sociopath

>Psychopath

>Sincere

>Emotional

>Taciturn

>Absolute Loyalty

>Gelt Loyalty (Loyal to their paycheck)

>Authoritarian

>Anarchist

>Libertarian

>Suspicious

>Trusting

>Stone-faced

That's all I can remember right now.
>>
>>43719842
Is Zogwort in 7th ed?
>>
>>43716648
Saw a squad of gretchin take down a carnifex in the turn the carnifex charge them.

>mfw I was the NID player

>>43725881
no, they took him out, and gave us nothing in place of him.
>>
One of my friends took down a Skitarii dragoon on turn one with a big shoota on a trukk.

the ork player later on steamrolled the skitarii player
>>
>>43722430

its never not funny.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.