[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are randomly approached by a group of representatives from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 38
File: that's heresy onii-chan.jpg (118 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
that's heresy onii-chan.jpg
118 KB, 720x480
You are randomly approached by a group of representatives from Games Workshop and TV Tokyo. They've chosen you to create a Warhammer 40,000 anime. Aside from having to be 40k-related, the anime can be whatever you want.
What do you make? A Yu-Gi-Oh-esque series about playing actual 40k games for the fate of the world? A canon-accurate adaptation of the Horus Heresy? A slice-of-life about a group of moeblob Sororitas?
>>
Slice of life high school Horus Heresy.
>>
>>43711786
HBO style Horus Heresy mega series.

From the Unification Wars to The Battle for Terra and everything in between.
>>
>>43711786
Space Piracy adventure staring a Rogue Trader and his merry band of exotic waifus.
>>
>>43711820
>bishonen yaoibait Primarchs
I... I need this.
>>
Band of Brothers in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Create a regiment with the writers, producers, and director and work from there.

You can toss in episodes with Sororitas, Space Marines, everything.

Alternatively, follow a squad of newly inducted Scout Marines through their time in the Adeptus Astartus. Unfortunately, you really couldn't use my favorite Chapter Carcharodons. So you'd have to use a more accessible chapter. Like the Storm Wardens. Lamenters would be a great choice too, but very sad.
>>
A full series just about Night Haunter on Nostromo

becuz batman
>>
>>43712221
YES
>>
File: GodEmprahForAnts.jpg (14 KB, 202x300) Image search: [Google]
GodEmprahForAnts.jpg
14 KB, 202x300
>>43711786
>A Yu-Gi-Oh-esque series about playing actual 40k games for the fate of the world?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4EPWZ2k3Q

>Somehow Kaiba has managed to place 3 Daemons on the field.
>"Place your last pathetic model so I can end this, Yugi."
>"My grandpa's Imperials have no pathetic models, Kaiba. But they do contain..."
>DRAMATIC REVEAL
>"The unstoppable Emperor!"
>"Ugh! Impossible!"
>"I've assembled all twenty Primarchs. All twenty pieces of the puzzle."
>Emprah warps in before rising from his golden throne
>"The Emperor! It's not possible! Nobody's ever been able to call him!"
>"Emperor of Mankind- Exterminatus!"
>Emprah mind-rapes the whole field, purifying it for Mankind.
>>
>>43712302
>"Wait a moment, did you just place a bunch of models in one turn?"
>"Yeah, so?"
>"That's against the rules, isn't it?"
>"Screw the rules, I have money!"
>>
>>43711786
It would follow a group of inductees as they are inducted into Clan Haarmek of the Iron Hands in the 42nd millennium.

It would be about the gradual stripping of humanity and gaining of the machine.

It would start with them deploying alongside an Imperial Guard regiment. The main character (Vokan Maeloc)
would come to respect an Imperial Guard Sergeant.

Passage of time would be marked with encounters between this regiment and the two characters rising through the ranks to battle brother and Captain. Then Brother captain and colonel. Then Chapter Master and Lord General.

Each encounter would be marked with the two of them becoming more and more recognizable to each other as the human remained gung go in contrast to Vokan, who became callous. Until he became a general and became callous in turn. Sending his men to their deaths.
But in the end, Vokan would end up sending him to his death as it would benefit the overall plan of the iron hands during that particular campaign and would end up saving more people, as per their extreme utilitarian philosophy.

Between these meet up episodes would be awesome battle episodes and some ones that lightly go over the process of becoming Astartes from human. And then machine from astartes.
>>
>>43712466
Or even better. Start it before the Iron Hands stopped being such dicks.

Then end it after. So that in the beginning it is the iron hands sending people meaninglessly to their deaths. Then in the end it is the sergeant/general
>>
>>43712340
CREEEEEEEED
>>
>>43711855
You have no idea how badly I want this...
>>
>>43711786
Dark Heresy the Anime
>>
File: mama gangbang style.gif (240 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mama gangbang style.gif
240 KB, 480x270
>>43711786

A Gundam Build Fighters-esque series where teens build and play as they explain the rules and lore to newbie. There are also cameos of game characters as "real world" people.

Also more SoB a and Eldar MILFS.

Macha is a dating failure, kissless Christmas Cake teacher
>>
>>43711786
>My Little Sister Can't Be A Daemon Of Slaanesh!
>>
>>43711786
I would make an Anime about Gaunt's Ghosts. It would mostly be about them experiencing a lot of horror in the frontlines of the Sabat Crusade. It's gotta be true to the novels too, maybe I'll even get Dan Abnett himself to do the screenplay for it(He's apparently pretty good at screenplays too from what I've heard).

As for the artstyle, definitely in the general style of Hellsing. I want it to be as absolutely bloody and gory as physically possible for an anime. If Mad Larkin blows the brains out of a cultist, it needs to be in vivid detail.
>>
>>43714126
>Is It OK to Pick Up Girls in a Space Hulk?
>>
I would honestly make an amine series of the Eisenhorn omnibus. [Because Noone expects the inquisition.]
>>
File: getter robo team.jpg (37 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
getter robo team.jpg
37 KB, 624x416
>>43711786
A Titan show following the daily lives of a Titan Legion and their support crew in the vein of Generation Kill and the 08th MS Team, with Getter Robo levels of ham.
>>
A shitty Rom-Com about an Imperial Navy Officer and his Wifu of the week. The cute gunner girl. The hot and totally not a dom ignore her strap-on Sister of Battle. The Eldar ship coms officer when they are forced to work together. The Tsundere Commissar.

Or, alternatively, a Battlestar Galactica type drama about a BattleFleet, but no 'deep behind enemylines/trying to find our way home' BS. Just pure Emprah and troop ferrying, with lots of space navel combat.
>>
File: Saber_ultra_marine.jpg (135 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Saber_ultra_marine.jpg
135 KB, 1280x960
>>43711786
Find a way to both create an enormous success and piss off GW but render them unable to cancel it. Also female Space Marines.
>>
File: holy damn bro.jpg (44 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
holy damn bro.jpg
44 KB, 640x359
>>43711786
I find a way to get a hold of Shoggy and work with him to create a Black Lagoon/G.I.T.S. like version of the All Guardsmen Party. Comedy and guns combined to make the best anime/40k occurrence to ever grace the Emperor's light
>>
>>43714376
>Shimoneta: A Boring World Where The Concept of Heresy Doesn't Exist
>>
>>43718188
>My Everyday Life with Daemon Girls
>>
>>43717878
By the Emperor.
How heretical.
>>
File: 1384051972249.jpg (154 KB, 818x1157) Image search: [Google]
1384051972249.jpg
154 KB, 818x1157
Bolter to Kokoro.
>>
File: 98H8z2G.jpg (120 KB, 537x807) Image search: [Google]
98H8z2G.jpg
120 KB, 537x807
>>43717878
What kind of way could you piss off GW? They seem to be open to heretical changes to lore for the sake of sales. So what's the general idea?
>>
>>43711786
WH40K with A-Team or Rat Patrol level of narrative, small group of Space Marines on various missions.
>>
>>43714268
I would watch this. Actually I would watch an adaptation of anything Abnett wrote for 40k as long as it was reasonably faithful to the original work.
>>
File: g gundam.jpg (296 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
g gundam.jpg
296 KB, 1024x768
Could the Feast of Blades be turned into a hot-blooded shonen fighting tournament?

>THIS FIST OF MINE IS BURNING CRIMSON
>ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY
>>
>>43718039
Fanciful imagination put to the side for a second, I wonder if any animators would be willing to give that a shot as a few web-shorts, or even just a few comics. Maybe we should go ask /co/ if there's anyone really bored sitting around.
>>
File: Ciaphas_cain.jpg (120 KB, 572x577) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas_cain.jpg
120 KB, 572x577
Just take the Ciaphas Cain novels and adapt them. The comedy elements are already there, as are the action elements and Amberly Fething Vail to act as the love interest. It'd work out well.
>>
>>43711786
Legend of Galactic Heros meets Macross (The Zentradi are the filthy fucking Tau, who get their technology stolen and repurposed against them).
>>
>>43718844
He is also surprisingly adept yet dense where women are concerned.
>>
>>43718897
Also, I would love to watch them anime Cain kicking some Heretic Shitlord off a Dam.
>>
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 268x188
>>43718924
this needs to happen
>>
>>43718596
Changes that make the series super popular, but get everyone to stop playing tabletop. No more sales.
>>
>>43719223
like what though? Any interest will probably increas sales, especially in japan and its massive market of models. Even if they just break even with the actual anime, getting majorly into the japanese market would be a godsend for GW
>>
>>43712340
MIND CRUSH
>>
>>43711786
Cypher
>>
Hmm... I have two ideas, one to mimic w40k itself in a weird way, which I can't really compare to any single anime right now, working on the list of what to squeeze together.

The other idea, which is much easier to work with, is something along the lines of Log Horizon... Except pain fucking hurts, shit happens, and death has consequences (like character reset or some shit) but isn't permanent.

Post yrw you frequently 40k games irl, you know something new will be released but it's shrouded in mystery, then you fucking wake up as your most recently played character on the day of the new release.
>>
File: 1376612457267.png (276 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1376612457267.png
276 KB, 500x374
>>43719799
honestly i'd just go hide on a feudal world or something, fuck that.
>>
>>43719833
Pansy, how can you call yourself a servant of the Emperor?!
>>
>>43711786
Rosario Plus Vampire with the shitty spineless MC replaced with a Space Marine. It would just be an OVA of the Space Marine unleashing the Emperor's wrath on the entire school, culminating in a boss fight against Evil Moka.
>>
Comedy school show about life in the Schola Progenium.
>>
File: Claire_Stanfield1.jpg (31 KB, 233x256) Image search: [Google]
Claire_Stanfield1.jpg
31 KB, 233x256
>>43711786
A Baccano!-esque type of anime following the shenanigans of the All-guardsmen party.
>>
>>43720961
Cromartie Schola Progenium
>>
>>43711786
Something like Gundam with Space Marines instead of good mechas and IG instead of shitty redshirt ones. And get Urobuchi as the writer for proper girmdarkiness.
>>
>>43719223
Fujobait?
>>
If I'm looking to make money? (which is the only thing GW wants)

A fighting anime about a radical inquisitor and their acolytes who bind demons and unleash their powers against the enemies of the Imperium.
>>
>>43721409
That's not what sells in japan anon. You either make some bullshit magical girls show a la Symphogear or you appeal to the fujo audience.
>>
>>43721429
I don't know if it's worth going after the japanese audience though, although I have to say I'm ignorant of GW's popularity in Japan.
>>
>>43718844
But so much of the story happens in his head. It doesn't sound appealing to have to adapt a novel with a lot of explanation about how he feels about every single situation. But without the information in his head it's just a generic action show of what the average Imperial citizen thinks of Cain.

It works well as a novel but I don't see how you could elegantly accomplish it as an animation.
>>
>>43721505
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya light novels had plenty of internal monologues, but the anime was able to handle that.
>>
>>43721518
That depends on the studio, for example the Index adaptation has a ton of monologue and they cut it.
>>
Cute SoB doing SoB things.
>>
File: 1435871417988.png (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435871417988.png
49 KB, 500x500
>>43721546
>>
File: Dam Son.png (497 KB, 666x663) Image search: [Google]
Dam Son.png
497 KB, 666x663
>>43711820
T-That's not a bad idea! Mirrors the whole Horus Heresy in a manageable format and setting.
>>
imperials versus eldar directed by 80's tomino and animated by production I.G.

protagonist's an imperial knight (if you must have mechs) or a small unit of space marines

both sides end up as piles of corpses because grimdark
>>
>>43711786
I'd have be all hand drawn, and follow guardsmen kinda like Band of Brothers. It'd follow their unit from battlefield to battlefield and planet to planet. We'd see most of mankind's enemies through out, with space marines, inquisitors, sisters, and ad mech making appearances. Final stretch would be against the tyrants with every ally they can get trying to hold back the swarm. It turns into the fall of saigon but with nids. As the shuttles try to escape the planet we see the exterminatus.
>>
Initial D with Orks.
>>
I club Master Anno Hideaki over the head and make him remake evangelion in a 40k way.
>>
>>43721817
That or Oregairu, with the main three as Yarrick, Macha and Jain Zar.
>>
File: nichibro.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nichibro.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>43720961
Nichijou style comedy with young Imperial hopefuls
>>
>>43721845
>the highschool boys are Commissar and Storm Trooper cadets
>the high school girls are Sororitas cadets

It's perfect.
>>
>>43721907
>forgetting male priests and female adepts exist
>also forgetting that the schola is a general program before they ship everyone to separate (specialized) facilities
a chinese cartoon about cute people doing cute things interspersed with fucked up 2000AD justice academy shit mite be fun, however.
>>
Spice and Wolf story following a rogue trader and his mutant companion who claims to be a chaos god, who constantly eggs him on to more and more profit/temptation.

It ends with him being eternally tormented/pleasured in the realm of slaneesh for falling to chaos.
>>
Imperial guardsmen slice of life while traveling between warzones
>>
File: They are green AND they are Red.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
They are green AND they are Red.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1200
Girls and Panzer Warhammer battles since it's cartoon with more girls
Featuring fresh cute Imperial recruit as MC of course
And Katyausha song with Orc boyz choir
>>
>Puella Psyker Madoka Psychica
Ending with the MC becoming a Demon Princess and eating the souls of all her friends along with billions of other people.
>>
>>43721790
My sides
>>
A rogue trader and party doing rogue trader things. Their stories takes then through various parts of the setting to showcase most of it. At some point a inquisitor suspects the rogue trader of heresy and his or her own party become recurring rivals/antagonists but never full villain territory, hell, may even switch them to protagonists in some archs if the series lasts long enough.
>>
>>43722215
Alternately, deff skwadron the anime. Or feature deff skwadron in some episodes with a minor series of spinoff shorts.
>>
File: 1447888165177.png (301 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447888165177.png
301 KB, 800x1000
>>43711786
>Tv Tokyo
I'd rather not
>>
Fist of the north star -rippoff with the emperor fighting techno barbarians and unifying Terra.

More serious idea:

Rogue trader series:
Young Imperial Officer (half orphaned poorfag from a agri world)suddenly inherits a RT title. Female navigator-senpai teaches him everything about the ship and how to behave in high Society. He picks up a diverse crew on different stations and planets, hunted by the murderers of his RT father, who want to prevent him from finding a legendary STC. Other factions like dark eldar pirates and orks are also interested.
>>
>>43722306
Add a rivalbro relationship between the Kaptan and the RT, with a climatic battle on the same side against eldar.
>>
>>43722339
My idea is having different crewmembers with different goals. A mysterious dark angel marine that got "stranded" on a necron world, an old IG comrade the RT took aboard (basically sam gamgee) a tsundere battlesister, and maybe a pure techpriestfu.
>>
OVA about the fate of the loyalist primarchs after the Heresy.
Or the last blaze of glory that the Astral Knights did tot he Necrons.
>>
>>43722397
And a imperial conspiracy to kill the RT. Dark Mechanicus is behind it.

And the main character doesnt know anything about Chaos since he fought orks and Tau his entire time in the Guard. The others have to explain it to him carefully.

For the main goal:
The STC itself will be something over the top dangerous. Like a giant necron flayer that wipes out star systems. Useful to stop the tyranids, but it could be the end of the imperium, if chaos lays its hand on it.
>>
>>43721540
And Raildex anime is still great in spite of it.
>>
>>43722306
>Fist of the north star -rippoff with the emperor fighting techno barbarians and unifying Terra.
Holy fuck that would be awesome. Have some bro thunder warriors as supporting cast, and at the end we could have a sweet teaser of the the primarchs or maybe even the HH.
>>
>>43718291
Attack on Titan, featuring Wazdakka Gutsmek
>>
>>43722671
Its a joke from "If the Emperor had a text to speech device"
>>
File: Ciaphas_cain_vs_Tyranids.jpg (1 MB, 1139x1631) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas_cain_vs_Tyranids.jpg
1 MB, 1139x1631
>>43711786
A Visual Novel starting someone like Ciaphas Cain or Gaunt. You choose if you want to be the stereotypical Guardsman-shooting Commissar, brave like Gaunt, secretly cowardly like Cain, etc.
>>
>>43711786
A depressing tale-of-life show that shows the complete life of a guardsman, from his mother dying in the shitty underhive when he was 5 all the way to his own death at the hands of orks, who then proceed to play rugby with his corpse for the last 5 minutes of the final episode.
>>
>>43719322
Emphasize on the races without Codexes. Assuming it's a success, we could potentially get GW to make a new Hrud, Rak'Gol or even Squat Codex.
>>
File: Rosario_Vampire_II_052_016.png (434 KB, 978x1400) Image search: [Google]
Rosario_Vampire_II_052_016.png
434 KB, 978x1400
>>43720185
>shitty spineless
That's the strangest misspelling of absolutely based I've seen.
>>
I was thinking about something like the 3rd part of Jojo's, but set in 40k, with a group of inquisitors trying to stop a Chaos conspirancy, however I they wouldn't have stands, since 40k already has enough technology/warp fuckery to explain how everything works
>>
File: Grimdark_2b9fed_5628955.jpg (177 KB, 734x737) Image search: [Google]
Grimdark_2b9fed_5628955.jpg
177 KB, 734x737
>>43723375
>Squat

You know you just reset the 24 hour counter. Again.

Also, an anime detailing the adventures of Cultist-Chan.
>>
File: Malal_Chaos_God.jpg (26 KB, 250x395) Image search: [Google]
Malal_Chaos_God.jpg
26 KB, 250x395
>>43724218
>not female Squat Chaos Space Marines who follow Malal
There's not much more heretical than that.
>>
It's 45 minutes of normally drawn and animated Imperial Guard and Space Marines slaughtering weeb shit style Xenos using everything at their disposal.
>>
File: Psycopass_Red_Background_Shot.gif (996 KB, 500x170) Image search: [Google]
Psycopass_Red_Background_Shot.gif
996 KB, 500x170
>>43711786
Fresh Arbitrator going on the case to protect Imperial Law on hive world, as time goes on they realise that they can't protect all laws or all people. Lot's of kicking down doors and tracking criminal masterminds as they plot to overthrow a cruel but legitimate authority. Make sure when some get ventilated by a combat shotgun we can watch in exact detail as the hippocampus flies free of its cranial prison.

Season 1 ends with a confrontation with the BBEG in the Governor's palace and the MC considering whither it would be better to let the incompetent ruler be murdered before they bring the suspect in.
>>
>>43712942
THIS.

With a blatant Char wannabe who plays Farsight Enclaves somewhere.
>>
>>43711786
Rather than make a connected series, I would make it into a serial format with 4-5 episode story lines before switching to a new set of characters. That way we can get as many armies and aspects of 40k as possible.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-07-03-07h34m46s27.png (741 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-07-03-07h34m46s27.png
741 KB, 1280x720
>>43711786
Imperial Kindergarten with Big E as the teacher and the primarchs as kindergarten students vying for his attention. Animated by Gainax.
>>
File: makeawish.jpg (411 KB, 1024x1562) Image search: [Google]
makeawish.jpg
411 KB, 1024x1562
>>43714126
>>43714376
>>43718188
>>43718291
Fuck you guys, I want these now.
>>
Those who hunt elves with IG regiment on agrarian world

Something about Draigo with heavy scent of Bastard.
>>
>>43722637
I mean, I prefer the novels because the anime skipped Touma going murdermode, and in the anime Touma comes off as kind of an idiot, but in the novels he actually analyzes his opponent, scans his surroundings for useful stuff and then advances.

Also, S3 never so they will never get to the cool stuff.
>>
>>43711786
I make it focus on the Tau empire, and its military campaigns against Orks, and others, speaking in worried tones about the vast and xenocidal alien empire on their borders which has already pledged to exterminate them "when they get around to it."

The heroes are a battlesuit Shas'O type and his/her personal honor guard (Dawn of War style,) fighting to push Orks off a hotly-contested border world, defending a populated city which is full mainly of Tau but also humans. When they're mentioned at all, it's mentioned that they were refugees whom the Tau took in.

The first season ends on a cliffhanger. The penultimate episode has the heroes of the show on the cusp of wiping out the season's big bad (an Ork Warboss whose forces have been plauging the world. The final episode of the season begins, with the Ork Warboss rallying his nobs and charging, but it only lasts for like a minute, then a flash bang-bang stuns them all, and they all get very unclimactically mowed down by the guns of a cloaked Devilfish and Stealthsuit Team.

Then the heroes, who are in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, having chased the Warboss to his last hideout, catch a radio transmission; enemy forces are dropping out of the skies onto the city itself. The episode then proceeds with the heroes fighting their way out through the Warboss's scattered forces, trying to reach their transports so they can fly back. Everything is shown from their PoV, we only catch snippets of visuals as seen in the Tau's holoprojection, and it sounds like a cataclysmic bloodbath. Audio cues should be things like "Ripping us apart" and "slaughtering the civilians" and "burning the refugees alive!" (cont.)
>>
>>43730020

Anyway, the heroes finally get through the Orks and make it back to their transports to take off, as we hear reports of the hostiles breaching the command center in the city. The hero(ine?) and bodyguards rush to the transport's command center, and the "camera" lingers on one screen, showing pic related, walking through dense smoke, towards a cowering, frightened human child. Think like, a ten-year-old girl, with her leg trapped under some fallen piece of rubble or broken something.

Pic related slowly looks at the child, and lowers his bolter, holsters it, then removes his helmet. And then he says "I'm not going to waste munitions on you, traitorspawn." and slaughters her in full-on gorn detail with his chainsword.
>>
>>43730020
>>43730054
While a good idea, fans are the ones who will be watching the show the most so they will probably see the twist coming
>>
>>43711786
>Anime production crew
>Allowed good animators
>No monitory restrictions
>No restrictions on "style"

Well making it look western I guess.
>>
>>43730616
Define "western look", because nips can't make good CGI to save their lives
>>
>>43730519
Well, yeah, I know they will. But still, part of the idea is to make the fans' beloved Spess Mehrines the unambigious bad guys, to shove it full-on in their faces. To make them realize that the Tau in 40K are what humanity are in any other setting, and thus, grow the popularity of the Tau tenfold.

Yes, I'm using my position of power and anime for the purposes of fandom propaganda.
>>
>>43730641
>western look
>CGI

These two things aren't inherently linked.
>>
>>43730788
>The Tau in 40k are what humanity are in any other setting
>1984: The Alien Race with alien slaves is what humanity is in any other setting
>>
Anthology like The Animatrix/Halo Legends. Just a series of shorts with different styles/genres. Could start with the grimdark intro, have something like an inquisitor trying to stop a ritual (and failing), and have the ending short be the Emperor making a speech about humanity as he goes from leader of mankind, to seeing Ollanius Pius sacrifice himself against Horus, and finally being placed on the golden throne.

Or maybe end with something silly like Orks reenacting Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or power ranger space marines.
>>
>>43730788
>Communist Space Draenei
>what humanity are in any other setting
Try again.
>>
Old Mangelos is gonna have to get into this somehow.
>>
>>43729311
>Animated by Gainax.

Horus Heresy confirmed for gory, brutal ending.
>>
So what would BONES do for one of their legendary original endings?
>>
>>43731971
In this case there is the source material, so they would actually do a good job.
>>
File: 1363294121718.jpg (124 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1363294121718.jpg
124 KB, 400x400
>>43721956
Yes please.
>>
>>43732070
ND, put your trip back on
>>
A group of acolytes, a group of heretics, a rogue trader, some dangerous locals, a couple of unsanctioned psykers, and some SoB are all together in the same space port. The series covers all of them ending up there, and a series of events that include such things as an STC changing hands between all groups, various attempts by the heretics to summon daemons, and everyone managing to piss off the local crime lords.
>>
>>43711786
> Full shonen caricature.
> With orks.
>>
>>43718596
Make the spess marines lose every battle in the series
>>
Inquisitor: the TV series.

Character designs by Nitro+, script by Urobochi Gen.
>>
>>43711786
Why not a 24 episode long anime series on Armageddon focusing on Commissar Yarrick and Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka and their soldiers with the battles ranging from squad based urban warefare to massive Apocalypse level warefare with Gargants and Titans and whole Space marine Companies.
>>
File: pirPglD[1].jpg (151 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
pirPglD[1].jpg
151 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>43730788
>that the Tau in 40K are what humanity are in any other setting
You mean evil brainwashing, join-us-or-die imperialists, who only remotely look like the good guys because the other good guys are Hitler on a holy crusade to exterminate all disbelievers IN SPACE?
>>
>>43735318
Pretty much, yeah. The UNSC in Halo are that awful, but the Covenant are just That Much Worse that the guys who routinely kidnap kids and brainwash them and shit are the good guys by comparison.

They're also the newcomer on the scene, busting onto the turf of a much older power, with very rapid technological advancement that actually puts them ahead, in most areas, of the old guys, who have become stodgy and dogmatic, and have lost so much of their ability to rationalize and reason that their mastery over their own technology has devolved to the level of cargo cultism and rote instruction-following, rather than any actual understanding of what they're doing or why it works.

They're also the ones who are comparatively weak and unexceptional physically, and shorter-lived, so they compensate by technology.

Seriously, Tau are what the humans would be in any other sci-fi setting.
>>
File: 1357577096501.jpg (72 KB, 597x411) Image search: [Google]
1357577096501.jpg
72 KB, 597x411
>>43730788
>Imperium does bad things because the Emperor said so, and he said so because it's the only way to keep Chaos away and all of xenophobia is justified by their experience from Age of Strife
>Tau do bad things for no reason except greed
>somehow SM are the bad guys
Why don't retarded Tau fags go and stay go
>>
>>43735318
>>43735643
>>43736403
Daily reminder that it is said that should the Tau and Imperium seek peace with each other and unite their strengths and forces, they would be an unstoppable force in the galaxy.

The imperium belligerence stopped this glorious future from happening.
>>
>>43735318
Reminds me of the Dominion, Confederates, Earth government in Starcraft.
>>
>>43734697
Fuck, he would be the perfect guy for the job
>>
>>43736403
Don't delude yourself, grimdarkwanker.

The Imperium does fucked-up shit all the time because they have so thoroughly twisted the Emperor's wishes that they're literally doing the one thing he felt most strongly about them NOT DOING, and worshipping him as a god. In fact, they're using one of the very tomes written by an actual fucking traitorous son of his to do so!

I'm not saying the Tau don't do fucked-up shit all the time, they do. But the difference is that when the Tau do something fucked-up, they're TRYING to do good, and either some Ethereal has gotten himself butthurt, or someone has siezed on some idea which is massively wrongheaded and the Tau Empire will soon be relieving them of their station for it.

When the Imperium does fucked-up shit like eradicating sapient xenos who are entirely inoffensive to them, it's because they're monsters.
>>
>>43737051
>when the Tau do something fucked-up it's justified because they just want to conquer and subjugate everything
>but when the imperium does it they're monsters

bro
>>
>>43736470
Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong.
>>
>>43711786
Honestly, I actually kinda like the idea of a Yu-Gi-Oh!-esque series. I think it would be quite awesome seeing them put the models on the field, at which point, they come to life, viah holo-fields.

You know they would have the Chaos Gods be actually real and have the MC with his Space Marines fighting to defeat them, he would have a Librarian model that actually has a soul and talks to him. The rest of the supporting cast would be:

>Rival Turned Strongest Ally
Dark Mechanicus/Mechanicus (after he face turns)
>Wimpy best friend
Guardsmen
>Love interest
Sisters of Battle
>Stupid/Fat friend
Tau
>Childhood friend that shows up half way through the show, riding a motorbike/skateboard/other BODACIOUS vehicle
Eldar
>Insane secondary villain
Tyranids
>Weird Zombie Kid
Necrons
>Happy-go-lucky girl that is constantly at odds with Love interest because she also gags for MC's cock
Harlequins.

I think that covers all the bases
>>
>>43737185
You still need Dark Eldar, Orks, Chaos Marine played, Chaos Daemon player, and Grey Knight player.
I'm assuming the mechanicus player uses Knights. If not, you need a Knight player
>>
>>43737335
Well, the Chaos Space Marine/Daemon players are all going to be the bad guys and their minions. So, they aren't really a supporting cast. I count supporting cast to be characters that are likely to last more than 1 story arc.

That being said, you do have a point:

>Sadistic seductress with massive boobs
Dark Eldar
>MC's super-serious older brother that is one of the best in the world
Grey Knights
>School Bullies
Orks.
>>
File: 1396047894848.jpg (30 KB, 409x189) Image search: [Google]
1396047894848.jpg
30 KB, 409x189
>>43737051
The Imperium twisted the Emperors vision of the Imperium, but they are still following his commands in regards to foreign policy. And those commands make sense. It sucks to be a non loyalist human or a xeno, but it's the only way humanity can survive.
The Tau Empire is doing the exact same shit, just less openly. But unlike the Imperium, they literally have no reason to force other small or outright genocide them when they don't want to be bullied.

Also your argument is retarded and doesn't make sense.
>>
>>43737359
>the Chaos Space Marine/Daemon players are all going to be the bad guys and their minions
>no anti-hero/villain who plays malal followers/Alpha Legion and is secretly a good guy
are you even trying?
>>
>>43730788

>taufaggots actually believing their own propaganda

It's the grim darkness of the far future, and there is only war. 40k has no good guys. The only thing separating the Tau from everyone else is that they haven't yet decided to be open about their xenophobia and imperialism.
>>
>>43737335
>Dark Eldar
Secondary villain that come out of nowhere at the worst moment.

> Orks
Secondary villain that also fight other villains. Doesn't care about any end goal anyone can have, just play/fight, even when the main baddies start their doomsday plan. Maybe inadvertently save the day once.

> Chaos Marine played, Chaos Daemon player
Main villains I guess? The chaos marine was the previous champion of the game that inspired the MC to start playing or something, turned evil when he learned the truth behind the game.
The demon player is actually a real demon in disguise.
>>
>>43711786
My idea for an anime would be a group of amature cultists.

Now, that might sound like a bad plot, but these guys are the most inept, idiotic, and useless cultists ever. As in, even Nurgle himself wouldn't be able to do much with them. They can't even summon a daemon correctly or get someone to join their cult.

As the finale, everything they did will actually somehow end off helping the imperium. Even to the point of turning back an entire tyrannid hive fleet.

Kind of like pic related. Only with cultists and less tentacles.
>>
File: 1430916473064.jpg (127 KB, 874x892) Image search: [Google]
1430916473064.jpg
127 KB, 874x892
>>43737403
>less tentacles.
you're doing it wrong then
>>
File: Seen enough hentai.gif (455 KB, 325x204) Image search: [Google]
Seen enough hentai.gif
455 KB, 325x204
>>43737415
so more like this?
>>
File: Deathleaper 1.jpg (148 KB, 417x620) Image search: [Google]
Deathleaper 1.jpg
148 KB, 417x620
>>43711786
The series would follow a Tyranid Lictor who was left behind by her Hive Fleet and must now travel the galaxy, sneaking onto ship after ship as she attempts to rejoin the Hive. Along the way she will go across many war zones and face all the races of 40k. The fights in the series will be heavily stylized and based on samurai battles. As a matter of fact, the series would take a lot of inspiration from Samurai Jack.
I think this might be the only way to get a Tyranid focused show.
>>
>>43711786

I'd do an all-female ensemble anime about an inquisitor and her retinue. Each character would embody a typical anime archtype...

- Older-but-still-hot Inquisitor; stern and no-nonsense but cares about her team.
- Tomboyish ex-Guard gun-bunny.
- Bookish tech priestess (a Factor so she's still appealing)
- Sweet and optimistic missionary / chirurgeon
- Shy loli psyker.
- Melee assassin who's a bit unhinged and has a flashy and acrobatic fighting style.
- Repentia with enormous tits whose always sexually harassing other members of the team.
- Headstrong and bonkers sanctioned mutant (cat ears and tail).
>>
>>43711786
The tragic story of a forbidden love between a fourth-generation genestealer hybrid and an Inquisitor Acolyte. Written by Key/Visual Arts.
>>
>>43732886
> Shonen parody
> Young ork MC get inspired watching Big Boss back as he fight a SM captain with dramatic visual and sound effects.
> "I wanna be the very best!"
> But MC is shunned because he's "too humy"
> But he believe in his dream and start climbing up ! By getting his rivals brutally killed!
> His nakama-boys support him, once he threatened them or promise them shit.
> Once a nob, there is a tournament like competition to became the new warboss, all while in the middle of a war with the Imperium
> Since he's the "humy one" he use his cunning to get the other nobz killed,
> But will he ever be truly orky?
>>
>>43711786
Monster Musume in the eye if terror. a slanesshi cultist is reincarnated on a pleasure planet and he is rolling in all the xeno and mutant bitches.
>>
>>43739734
My boner needs this
No crab demonettes tho
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>43740562
>No crab
But who will do the writing?
>>
>>43729311
The teacher occasionally has flashes and dreams of the real battles as they happened in full gore and brutality, but primarchs still voiced by the child actors.
Mid series finale at the day trip to the istvaan play park.
>>
>>43711786
A quiet, contemplative criminal drama on a completely normal Earth-like planet that gets interrupted in the last five minutes by a chaos invasion that kills, maims and burns everything, making the previous 85 minutes pointless.
>>
>>43737394
Its funny because it ends with them sterilised in a work camp until they're humanely put to sleep because they can't serve the greater good anymore and get reprocessed into human chow, soy lent green flavour for the remaining healthy workers.

A small population of the biggest dumbest humans may be allowed to keep breeding to create a new class of meat shield for the tau army.
One that won't charge off and start eating the dead or require special helmets to control.
Just something to soak up bullets and melee charges for the superior firewarriors.
>>
>>43711786
High-flying adventure about a group of Eldar struggling to defend their craftworld.
>>
>>43742754
But from whom? Orks? Slaanesh? Games Workshop?
>>
>>43743149
Games Workshop, of course. And give the production to Shinichi Watanabe for maximum meta.
>>
>>43742477
is that anime fucking weird or what?
>>
>>43711786
I'd have no idea for a whole series, but the starting of it should be a narrator reading the whole introductory speech, while a guardsman is being dragged unwillingly towards the commissar.
Near the end of the introduction he commissar announces the soldier is guilty of cowardice, sentences him to death, and when the introduction concludes, shoots him in the head.
>>
>>43711786
I would make one with a boy in a civilized world with a culture pretty much like modern day Japan, with the obvious imperial tenets of course, far away from the usual warzones and ignorant of the galaxy reality.
Then a fucking warband of slaanesh comes destroying and raping everything he knows only surviving recruited to be a whiteshield with a imperial guard army here to retake the world and beginning a new crusade.
So the series continues with his life as a guardsman toward many years and fighting the factions of the game slowly learning the reality of the 40k universe and having a hard time triyng to see a reason to fight a la old war movies.
Meets a lot of people wich most die in the battle and your usual glorius moment with space marines companies aiding but also showing their lack of humanity.
the final arc would be stopping a chaos incursion in a unnamed world with a last desesperate battle with the retinue of the chaos lord and the guy, now an officer with some good gear defeating the chaos lord in hand to hand with powersword and fist a la weapon master coming after coming to the conclusion that he will fight not for a good life, not for the imperium , but for what the emperor believed, the survival of humanity and to hold the line
>>
>>43742559
>This is what imperialfags actually believe

Literally everything you said applies tenfold to the Imperium above the Tau empire.

>Muh vidya gaem ending sterilizations
>Solyent green is difference from Corpse startch
>Tau use humans as disposable meatshields, despite their rather severe problems with manpower and the fact they don't even treat drones as disposable.
>>
>>43711786
It will have a lot of cute waifus.

Who will all die horribly as soon as the audience starts to like them.
>>
>>43721464
Based on the amount of fanwork on pixiv, it's not really popular.
Most notable 40k fan is Okita who did some art for the Tempestus Scion codex or something.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tags=okita+warhammer_40k+
(Link is SFW but the site is not)
>>
>>43744144
His pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=248818
Looking at his pixiv, he's also doing AoS stuff.
>>
>>43736503

Technically, they already made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiX31jLqEmE
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.