[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: 40kgeneral.jpg (717 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral.jpg
717 KB, 1024x768
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Where the Custodes at edition
>>
I've been trying to get back into the game and I haven't played competitively since 5th (although I know the 7th ruleset). Getting into tau with the codex updates, and I'm having trouble finding resources, where would be the best place for competitive lists atm?

Also what is the standard procedure for deployment/objectives? I haven't played non-apoc since 5th where it was D3 for deployment/objective and I could see players minimizing the huge list of objectives. Want to be prepared if I walk in to my local shop for a pick up game.
>>
>>43664857
Sup /tg/ i'm a lurker. I want to get into this game. Is there anywhere I can get those Chinese recasts? I'm not gonna pay $35 for a piece of plastic. Please help me.
>>
>>43664919
>competitive lists
go away autismo, play what you want and have fun

alternitavely, buy three stormsurges and have no one play against you
>>
>>43664947
Still nice to see what the optimal configurations of the new units and formations are, not planning to spam it up just play something not terrible.
>>
>>43664919
Competitive lists? Not here. In case you haven't noticed, most of /tg/ instantly shits on any list that you would even consider bringing to a tournament instead of offering constructive feedback. You do get people who'll help you but you'll attract a bunch of shitposters too like >>43664947 so you're better served going elsewhere.

If you know the rules you should know about deployment. Everyone rolls off on D6, winner chooses to deploy first or second, whoever deploys first chooses whether to take the first turn. Objectives are determined by mission which you roll for. Missions are in the book.

>>43664920
Google is your friend
>>
>>43665006
if you knew the rules like you claimed you did, you could just read a codex and come out with a good list you feel comfortable with. anyone who goes down to their local gamestore with a competitive list they found online is "that guy"
>>
I wanted to run some CSM as allies for my Orks because they are allies of convenience. I was going to stick 9 CSM and a sorc in a rhino, and then I realized that that would suck. So I figure I'll run them as vanilla marines and a libby in a drop pod. I'm using CSM models with the regular power packs and painted as Night Lords. I can't think of any reason why I shouldn't run them as counts-as marines since I wasn't giving them marks anyway. Deep-striking gets around the deployment restrictions for Come the Apocalypse and I gain ATSKNF and lose Champion of Chaos.
>>
2-1 with Dark Angels/Space Wolves/White Scars superfriends at the team tourney. Now I can put it away for a while and get to work on my necrons.

How was your 40k weekend, /tg/?
>>
File: 1364966010543.jpg (59 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
1364966010543.jpg
59 KB, 405x500
>>43665159
Only got one game but it was fun. GK/Inquisition/Marines vs Marines. He had a Fellblade and it amused both of us by being completely useless the whole game long. In total it held no objectives, killed four GK Terminators and wounded an Inquisitor once. Failed to kill everything else it shot at, and it shot a lot.

I lost, but we got some memorable moments out of it.
>>
>>43664919

40k doesnt need another competitive faggot playing Tau. All youre going to do is netlist vs regular guys at the flgs and prove what a tinydicked faggot you are.

If you really wanted competition, you pick a mid-tier army, and develop your strategy and tactics over the course of many games vs. the various factions. What you want is to set down a bunch of suits, and play yahtzee while basking in the glow of the easy-mode codex. You are just another typical Tau faggot. Fuck your mother.
>>
>>43665062
What hes really saying is:

Im a lazy retard that wants to win games as easily as possible so Im choosing Tau. To emphasize my laziness and stupidity, I want you guys to tell me what the top netlists are. Also Im a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: Dark Apostle Art.png (1 MB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Apostle Art.png
1 MB, 764x1080
>>43664857
ITT: Shit you pulled off, but shouldn't have.

>Mono-Slaanesh CSM's v. opponents Ultramarines
>Burning Brand/Claw Raptor Warlord with a squad of 7 Flamer Raptors
>Slaaneshi Dark Apostle with Gift of Mutation as just a monkey-wrench character to bolster whichever front looks weak turn 2 and give my opponent one more thing to worry about
>Get Master of deception warlord trait - roll a 3 for how many units I can infiltrate (fuck yeah son)
>Attach DA to squad of Flamer Chosen, dump them behind a LoS blocking wall to wait until something moves, and put two Noise Marine squads on objectives
>Begin game, opponent goes first
>Rhino with Tacticals moves right next to my squad, squad disembarks nearby and fires everything into my squad
>pass all the fucking saves
>My turn
>Move DA out of coherency, put four Flamers into that Tac squad, fucking wipe them
>DA, as he is not in coherency, then throws a single Krak at the Rhino
>WRECKED
>Turn 2
>Move in front of Devs who are nearby
>Dump four templates on them - only kill three of them
>Charge Chosen and DA (who is now back in coherency) into nearby Devastators
>Overwatch gets one Chosen, rest of us make it
>Begin challenge with Dev Sarge
>House Rule is that all SM Characters must fight challenges against CSM Characters, because HONOR
>Kill him before he even gets to land a single blow, ROLL FOR BLESSINGS
>MULTIPLE
>FUCKING
>BOONS
>Get Eternal Warrior, Fleet, and Fleshbane after re-rolls
>awshitson.vid
>Wiped squad before they ever even hit back
>Next turn, get charged by the other Tac Squad
>Kill Tac Sarge before he hits again
>BOON: +1 Attack
>Then charge into Termie-Librarian with his Honor Guard
>All of the Chosen die to Overwatch
>Begin challenge with Librarian
>Goes on two turns, but finally emerge victorious with a single wound left
>APOTHEOSIS BITCHES
>Turn into Daemon Prince on the spot
>Mop up Terminators in short order then fuck shit up until game ends

My Dark Apostle is now a key part of any list I run.
>>
File: 1447349058480.jpg (135 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
1447349058480.jpg
135 KB, 736x550
>>43665159
>that feel when buried neck deep in school work with no time to play

>>43664919
you don't really need a competitive list with tau, the book is strong enough and the options are valid enough that you're gonna be on the strong side easily. read the book a few times then check youtube
>>
>>43665092
LatD count as CSM for alliance purposes and can bring some nice ranged AV which orks heavily lack. Could be a better choice.
>>
>>43665516
I don't remember the specifics but over the course of one Apoc game a couple years back my one Ironclad Dread beat 4 Wraithlords, 2 Chaos Dreads/Helbrutes, a Defiler and a Chaos Warhound in single combat. The resulting explosion from the latter took him out but the game ended after that turn. To this day he's seen use wherever I can fit him. He was greatly pleased by 7th doubling his base attacks, but I've not had the chance to bring him to another Apoc game yet to see how he'll fare.
>>
File: death riders.jpg (78 KB, 736x525) Image search: [Google]
death riders.jpg
78 KB, 736x525
>>43665516
Killed a 12 man death company squad with 5 death riders in 4 turns of combat. One died and 3 others were on 1 wound, but they got the job done hard.
>2 die to pistols
>a wound is dealt back in overwatch
>1 dies to hammer of wrath
>hunting lances do their thing and bring them down to 3 men
>Slappers only for 3 more rounds until the power sword finishes the rest off

It's made me really want to get the rest of the kriegers on the go even if it was a freak thing (was proxying everything but the horsies, quad launchers and a cyclops for a friends cadians).
>>
>>43664919
Hey, some people enjoy competitive lists. The real answer for you is that right now the Tau codex just got a very fresh update with a ton of new formations and a couple new units. Take pretty much whatever you want as long as you're not spamming craptons of kroot or vespid and you'll figure out what's "competitive" and what isn't. Basically load up on suits, try out some of the new formations, figure out what works from there. That's what every competitive Tau player is doing right now anyway.
>>
>>43665516
goddamn that sounds motherfucking glorious, it's everything I wanted from 40k when I first started. I've been thinking about some flamer chosen too so this gets me hype on that idea

I also had an APOTHEOSIS BITCHES once

>fabulous bill's twisted experiments fluff list vs me m8's orks in early 6th iirc
>20 khornate enhanced warriors with CCW, icon of wrath and 2 melta guns
>get master of deception, outflank the blob from the right
>khorne is with me, for the rest of the game my blob of enhanced warriors proceeds to steadily march across the table, pop every ork vehicle in sight + rape the contents, taking minimal losses despite the orks shitting massive dakka into my screaming, disfigured horde
>aspiring champion slam jams grotsnik and morphs into a daemon price just as he reaches the left side of the table with his band of mutated death bringers, leaving a table of trashed orks in his wake
>last turn puts his monstrous creature boot into the ass of another chunk of boyz for good measure

We both agreed that was the most deserved promotion to DP ever
>>
>>43665925
>implying every competitive Tau player isn't too busy masturbating to Optimized Cheese Cadre rules and building more Riptides
>>
File: 1429572946893.jpg (525 KB, 1902x1064) Image search: [Google]
1429572946893.jpg
525 KB, 1902x1064
>>43665516
Good story anon, i enjoyed that... but have you heard the tales of draigo..

> Be 6h edition
> playing GK against foot slogging guard player
>2000 point game
> i put my unit of paladins with draigo in reserve and roll for draigo's spells
>draigo gets shockwave gate of infinity and i cant remember the other spells
>Turn 3 rolls around, guardmen are killing my termies left and right because quantity was beating quality.
>Draigo deep strikes into the middle of 3 units 2 heavy weapons team and 2 chimeras
> Draigo huffs warp dust
> commences to break reality apart via shockwaves
> wreck and blow up both chimaeras
>destroy infantry squads to the point where they all ran
>Paladins begin mop up crew, but start dying to las cannon fire
> draigo runs off on his own because stormshield FTW
>Gate of infinity to other side of board
>Huffs warp dust
> SHOCKWAVEEEEEEEEEE
> i technically lost that game however, eventualy it came down to the player having 2 units each with about 3 - 4 models and he had the objectives, though i pretty much tabled him lol was a fun game
>>
What's the best way to get Space Marines sleeveless in armor?
>>
So I'm a bit confused about markerlights. Do their buffs cover entire units or just individual models?
>>
>>43666096
i use catachan jungle fighter arms.
>>
What are the pros and cons of running a 5 man tactical squad versus a 10 man? (I'm running Red Scorpions chapter tactics)
>>
>>43666292
5 mans are good in razorbacks with the battle company or whatever
>>
>>43666317
Not planning on doing a battle company or demi company because I want to use the librarian Loth and ally in GKs to give him some warp charges, so I'm probably just doing a CAD.
>>
>>43666317
>>43666373
Although I might just do a single demi-company because the tactical doctrine sounds pretty juicy when you have that many tactical marines running around.
>>
>>43666373
Normally I'd say 10 in combat squads is the best, but since you get free apothecaries it might be better to go with min squads for the extra FNP everywhere.
>>
>>43666124
Halp
>>
>>43666429
Markerlights affect units, each individual model would be a pain in the ass to deal with
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 586x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 586x623
Help me understand the apothecary narthecium. It has a drill, a syringe, a canister, and a chainblade.

1. The drill makes a hole in the armor for the syringe to enter.

2. The syringe sucks up the geneseed and it is stored in the canister.

3. What's the chainblade doing? What is it there for?

The narthecium is designed in a way that wouldn't allow the use of the drill or chainblade because they're in the way of each other. I understand the syringe can extend beyond the chainblade, and maybe the drill can as well, but it would still make the use of the chainblade impossible so what is it there for?
>>
>>43666576
I have wondered this for many moons. I think it's a case of in the grim darkness of the far future, I aint gotta explain shit.
>>
File: painboy.jpg (245 KB, 673x547) Image search: [Google]
painboy.jpg
245 KB, 673x547
>>43666576
Datz justa make it propa 'urty.

t. painboy
>>
>>43666474
Alrighty thank you. That puts me at ease. I was watching a few different batreps and in some of them they were for each individual model and in the others for whole units.
>>
>>43666646
Well the explanation for that is
A. They were units of crisis suits and like an idiot they took a bunch of units consisting of a single model instead of a big unit.
B. They were playing kill team where one of the rules is each unit splits apart so each model becomes an individual unit (which makes apothecaries, marker lights, and other models that provide unit wide buffs useless as they no longer spread).
>>
>>43666576
The short answer is that it isn't supposed to make sense because authors / artist at GW have brain problems.
>>
Still fairly new to the game/universe, but I am starting to assemble a small Dark Angels force. Thoughts? For tactics the bikes are mostly anti-tank and to get the deathwing close. Deathwing fucks shit up and the landspeeder shoots from a distance. Not for hordes. 1000 pts total

Deathwing Strike Force 740 pts

Company Master (terminator armour, Melta-bomb)

Terminator squad x7 (assault cannon, 2 chainfists, 1 lightning claw)

Terminator squad x7 (assault cannon, chainfist)

Ravenwing Attack Squadron 260 pts

Land speeder (heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher)

Bike squad (4 bikes, plasma gun, melta, melta bomb, attack bike with multi-melta)
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 650x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 650x458
>>43666768
That seems to be the case.
>>
>>43664919
Many have already said this but Tau got new codex recently and I don't think that there have been any big tournament yet that has used 7ed Tau. From 6ed perspective I can give you some notes:
-Go light on troops. You have better gun platforms elsewhere, those 30'' s5 shots are nice but they won't win you games. Most common tournament lists have either minimum fire warriors on devilfishes or minimum kroots (1 hound and sniper rounds are common additions but not 100% of the time).
-Riptides are really good. It won't take genius to get this and /tg/ will fall into black rage instantly if there is even 1 riptide within 10km radius.
-Pathfinders are bad. Get either big crisis team with added marker drones and buffmander or marker drone squad with drone controller commander. With new Hunter contingent detachment you can also combine sniper drone team with marker drone team for easy bs5 drone controller sharing.
-Skyrays are amazing. No upgrades, just the basic tank. Reliable markerlights, good alpha strike, AA-platform and durable chassis.
-Missle-broadside team in heavy support or as a part of Support fire cadre have been staple in almost all competitive tau lists for as long as the formation came out. With new codex it changed a bit but can still be as potent as ever. Especially so if taken as a part of Hunter contingent.
>>
Forgeworld <[email protected]>
Nov 13 at 3:08 AM
Hi Doug,

Necrosius rules refers the Zombies list found in the vraks book.
If you run this by your opponents though I don't see any reason why it shouldn't also count for the Plague zombies in the Games Workshop Chaos marine codex.

just a small thing i wanted to know. perhaps other people like the idea of 3pt +4fnp zombies in csm, granted nec is a 140pt ax, still better imo than typhus.
>>
>>43666852
you don't need chainfists
assault cannons are alright (especially if you prefer the look), but cyclone launchers will usually do better

If you cut out the chainfists and melta bombs you could probably run three squads of 5 terminators, which will give you a hell of a lot more options.
>>
File: Azrael vs Kharn.jpg (260 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Azrael vs Kharn.jpg
260 KB, 1600x900
>>43666880
Reminder that it's only shaped that way because whoever designed the model was lazy as fuck and cut a bit off the end to make it fit under Azrael's pauldron, thus making it non-functional in reality.

The art makes it work.
>>
>>43665024
>you're better served going elsewhere.
Any suggestions on where? B&C used to be just as bad, and Warseer is WORSE
>>
>>43666896
Continued:

Common 6ed tau tournament list is roughly:

-Buffmander (ignore cover, twin-linking, drone controller, hit&run, 2+/t5, fnp, no guns, 2 marker drones)
-Crisis suit team (All missile pods, target locks or interceptor, 4-6 marker drones)
-2xRiptide
-2xCheap troops
-Skyray
-Skyray
-Skyray/sniper drone team (if MC heavy environment)
-Support fire cadre

Some like to take Farsight enclaves with even more crisis suits, broadside squad and Riptide with Earth caste piloting arrey instead of support fire cadre as a secondary detachment. Ethereal is usually the 2nd HQ due to cheap point cost vs utility it brings and is usually placed in the broadside squad.
This is 6ed Codex style and lots of things will probably change now with the new changes and formations (with more to come soon in the Mont'ka campaing book)
>>
>>43665948
> riptides
> not Ghostkeels
>>
>>43666906
Stuck with the chainfists. Pretty much have 3 dark vengeance termi squads and one guy with lightning claws. Also don't have any termi HQ's yet so I have to run one sergeant as the company master. Maybe in time I will be able to afford new kits.
>>
On a scale of 1 to heresy, how heresy would it be to convert the BaC Chaplain into Sevrin Loth? I don't feel like spending 80 bucks on a 5 man squad from FW quite yet.
>>
>>43666958
>stuck with
You can just say they're powerfists. Because of my space hulk days I give all my squads one door opener, but on paper they're just a regular grunt.
>>
>>43667001
1 if your conversion good and my good friend The Comissar will be supervising the project so it won't be bad...
>>
>>43667004
Hmm, If I drop the bombs and chainfists I can use an extra bike I guess
>>
>>43667032
The smaller the game, the larger the importance of extra bodies.

Melta bombs lose relevance when half of your army is packing S8 melee attacks and the other half can carry melta guns and multi-meltas.
>>
>>43667053
cool. thanks
>>
It seems like WAY too deep of a points-sink, but how viable are massed crisis suits with 2 cyclic ion blasters? 6 S7 AP4 shots at 18" is nothing to sneeze at.

Are missile pods cheaper? I know they are longer range, less firepower, and can't overcharge, but what's the effectiveness of large blobs of ion suits?
>>
>>43667090
Since you're relying on DV kits, I'd suggest picking up a deathwing command set when you can afford it, if only to convert/swap out some of your dupes.

Comes with the parts to make a decent master, and the halberd-wielding champion is a perfect sergeant replacement.
>>
>>43665730
This is new to me. I may run this instead. Thanks anon.
>>
>>43666576

So wait, they can penetrate power armour?

Why aren't they AP3 then?
>>
>>43667279
its a delicate device, not to be used as a weapon is most cases
>>
>>43666852
I don't know if you have the models yet but it might be a good idea to swap the company master for a terminator librarian. Make the lib level 2 and you open up to some nice buffs and debuffs from interromancy for 5 points cheaper than the company master. Sure he's shittier overall but sniping out characters or special weapons that could slaughter your terminators can be a lot better than having another scary close combat guy in your army, plus with a force weapon a librarian is nothing to sniff at either.

I think you're bike squad is a little off as well right now, you shouldn't really mix special weapons like that and you're bringing a shedload of AV in a 1k point game already. I would focus on plasma if I was you since it's fluffier and if you are using DV models they're already there. IIRC (not played the new book yet) the attack bike isn't joined to the unit anyway, so it can scoot off and blow up vehicles as it likes.
>>
>>43667173
They can be murderous in a successful deep strike but that bears the usual risks of deep strikes. If they start at board, CIB-unit probably has to forgo 1-2 shooting phases to get in range and even then the opponent has easier time to present unoptimal targets for those 18'' guns.
Total shots throughout the game per gun:
T1: Missile 2 - 0 CIB
T2: Missile 4 - 0 (3) CIB
T3: Missile 6 - 3 (6) CIB
T4: Missile 8 - 6 (9) CIB
T5: Missile 10 - 9 (12) CIB
You should get your suits on range at turn 2 to get same ammount of shots at turn 3 and more shots at turn 4 onward. If your deep strike is delayed or if you start at board and can't make it in range in 2 turns your damage output is is lesser than missile pods for significant amount of time. Of course this doesn't take in account the potential burst damage from CIB's, ie 6 shots from suit right now, instead of 8 shots in the span of 2 shooting phases. Also those small blasts have the added benefit of forcing enemy into loose formations and s8 can threaten higher armors and t4 models.
Both weapons costs 15p per gun, CIB's can't be taken as twin-linked. I'd say take them if you plan to deep strike (and don't need fusions or plasma) and take missiles if you're going to do happy little camping.
>>
>>43667279
It's considered disrespectful to use it as a weapon and it's only used in combat as a last resort, and even then that's rare.

Also, Deathwatch RPG gave it enough penetration to go right through power armour (even though the actual damage it deals is pathetic), but you can't have everything on tabletop.
>>
So I haven't played since before 7th edition Blood Angels hit. I had Assault Marines as the heart of my ay backed up by a Vindicator and two Baal Press. I also loved using a squad of hard hitting Death Company with a reclusiarch in either Drop pod or Storm Raven depending on the points. I also really love fielding a squad of Sanguinary Guard, I'm a sucker for the wings and gold armour.
How fucked am I and how many Razorbacks am I going to have to buy?
>>
>>43666576
>3. What's the chainblade doing? What is it there for?

My guess is for hacking through some space marine chest bone if they need to do field surgery. Or at least that's what I've always assumed since it looks silly.
>>
>>43667370
Assault marines as fast attack now, gotta buy some of those fancy new tacticals or go unbound.
>>
File: DestroyerCaptain.gif (1 MB, 585x242) Image search: [Google]
DestroyerCaptain.gif
1 MB, 585x242
>Imperial knight refuses to die
>Entire army's shooting is trying to down that fucker and have taken off 4 hull points or so due to that fucking shield.
>Tech priest on his way to repair it
>It has to go down this turn or else
>Have shielded my lines in 35 cultists with a cheap chaoslord with Claw/fist
>There is only one option left.
>Charge.

WITNESS ME DARK GODS!
>>
>>43667370
Fucked against any competitive lists but you can have fun in easygoing games. Best thing Blood angels can bring now is the to rent drop pods (with flesh tearer strike force from Shield of Baal campaign book) to allied armies, mostly skitarii and/or mechanicus.
>>
>>43664920
>I want to get into this game.
>I'm not gonna pay $35 for a piece of plastic.
Recaster or not, PICK ONE.
>>
Hi lads.

I've never played Space Marines, but I recently got a good deal and bought quite a large force.

60 marines
5 termies
10 bikes
2 dreadnoughts

I'd quite like to play a close combat style and I'm just looking for some usage tips as a noob.

I'm used to playing IG.

Pic related.
>>
>>43667473
Ally them with your guard, melee focused marine and guard go well together. Hammer and Anvil, guard blasts things you don't like the look of out the way and you charge.
>>
Is it OK if I use the word "Comrade/s" when describing the Tau units?
>>
File: 1339277633825.png (49 KB, 820x573) Image search: [Google]
1339277633825.png
49 KB, 820x573
>>43667576
maybe
>>
Why isn't the order of operations

>Attacker rolls to hit
>Defender rolls saves, if any
>Attacker rolls to wound, etc

Legitimately curious. And has anyone tried playing this way?
>>
>>43667662
Probably because rolling attacker>defender>attacker>remove is more of a hassle than attacker>attacker>defender
>>
>>43667662
faster to go hit/wound then save

It does make more sense hit/save/wound, and wouldn't change much. Could be fun.

Throw in cover being a negative BS modifier and invulns being ward saves for funsies. Just keep your games smaller. Zone Mortalis style.
>>
>>43667662
Well mathematically it's the same on average:
10 hits, 3+ save, wounds on 4+
10 hits, 3,333 failed saves, 1,6667 wounds
10 hits, 5 wounds, 1,6667 failed saves.
>>
>>43666635

Pikku vihreä paskiainen

t. Yarrick
>>
>>43667662

because its thematic more pleasing to have the owner of a model make the last roll to see if he saves his model or not
>>
How many Crisis one should generally field? Should they be in squads of 3 or 9?
>>
>>43666576
I always assumed it's essentially a surgical saw. The drill makes a hole int the armour, but you still need to use the saw to cut the armour and the Marine's chest open to get to the gene-seed.
>>
You can take heavy weapons alongside special weapons in a IG squad, right? so how does this look;

Infantry squad x2
heavy bolter
a single vox on squad 1 then combine the two

veteran squad
forward sentries
snipers x 3
autocannon

veteran squad
carapace
plasma gun x 2
lascannon

heavy weapons squad
lascannon x 2
auto cannon
divination psyker to cast prescience every turn and to boost leadership for orders.

Good plan or bad plan? Would it be enough to give my infantry some serious stopping power against every type of target so I can build my vehicles to generally take on all threats too?
>>
>>43668105
Veterans typically want to be on the move. Heavy weapons will usually be accumulating dust. Mind you, snipers+autocannon is fun, if weird.

Never take heavy bolters when you can be taking autocannons.

otherwise it's okay I guess
>>
>>43668105
Why a heavy bolter in the infantry squad?

Why snipers in the vet squad?

Why lascannons and autocannons in the heavy weapons squad?

What I am seeing here is a mixed bag of threats which in turns dilutes the stopping power of the squad in favor of the illusion of being able to handle a wide variety of threats. To your original question "can you take heavy weapons alongside special weapons in an IG squad" the answer is yes. But like all things, it is best to match the role of your specials to the heavy weapons you're packing. You also want to check the ranges on the gun so that you don't spend 30 pts on plasma guns but only shoot it like once because you placed them in the back due to the 48" of the lascannon. My two cents
>>
>>43668045
Crisis suits are great. Take a lot of them if you don't plan on getting other heavy hitters like the big suits or hammerheads. And even then they are good at plugging holes in your list. I'd take 3-5 suit strong teams.
>>
>>43668137
>>43668162
I already decided I wanted sniper vets in camo so I'm not losing any mobility with the autocannon.

The heavy bolters were to give them something with more shots to deal with masses of infantry/compensate for their lower BS and I have 3 orders a turn to move the infantry blob and vet squads with "Forwards for the emperor!", it's not as fast as moving normally but it will allow me to shoot heavy weapons on the move.

The mixed weapons in the heavy weapons squad was just to try and get something cheaper than a lascannon that could die first but still glance av12 reliably.

I guess maybe mixing plasma guns and lascannons is a bit much though.
>>
>>43668198
>more shots
only two more, and with shorter range and S5 instead of S7

Heavy bolters are just not worth it unless you've got no other options. Which sucks because I love heavy bolters.
>>
>>43668045
Depends on the role you want them to fulfill. If you want them deepstriking deep behind enemy lines, I'd stick to 3. Smaller footprint, less of a loss when they die and when tooled up to deal with specific threats can handle those threats handily enough. If you want to use them as midfield control, a nice blob of 6 to 9 is not a bad idea. Just don't go crazy as they aren't super cheap either.
>>
>>43665159

Friend canceled our game due to other life related stuff. Going at it today though, which is nice. Looking forward to it but can't decide which of my lists to use.
>>
What's the best way to make Termies work currently in 40k?

Do any of the formations help them out?

Are any chapter tactics particularly good for termies?
>>
>>43668245
>What's the best way to make Termies work currently in 40k?
play dark angels

still not great though
>>
>>43668254
Really?

Are none of the Space Yiffs or Codex Marine fomrations better?

Last time I checked the 7e Deathwing formation left a lot to be desired.
>>
>>43668276
Still plays to Termy's strengths: Putting squads of 2+ armoured fist-swingers right next to your enemy's soft parts
>>
>>43668276
If you play loyalist, Grey knights have probably the best(or at least most cost effective terminators) in the faction. Force and hammer hand means they can punch well above their points limits and access to psycannons means they are no slouch in shooting either. If you run them in a Nemesis strike force they can drop turn one and shoot and run which is good stuff.

Outside of GK some honorable mentions go to the Champions of Fenris supplement for Space Wolves. You get some neat formations in there featuring wolf guard terminators and Space Wolf terminators are pretty solid points wise. Vanilla also saw a termi price drop but none of the codex chapters really capitalise on terminators or have good terminator formations so I'd stay away from them.

If you're chaos, do termicide. 3 Terminators, power mauls, mark of khorne and combi meltas/plasma. Drop em behind enemy lines and expend those combis. if they live, make the enemy regret by smashing into their lines with angry power mauls. Alternatively you can do this with KDK and the Brazen Onslaught formation. Run 3 man squads so that you're almost always outnumbered and thus shitting out an obscene amount of attacks in cc.

Hope this helps
>>
thinking of ordering from Z, does anyone know if the remastered label their molds like normal or do I have to puzzle it out for myself? Never built some of the stuff I'm going to order
>>
>>43668276
Deathwing actually got better overall, the major problem is they can't be run independently anymore. It's not only a bad move fluff wise (and for credit where it's due, GW has been clearly writing for fluff recently) but it means all the deathwing players out there now need to run ravenwing as well as that's clearly what they had in mind when writing the codex.
>>
>>43665516
tabled a nid player on turn three despite rolling double sixes on my first order every turn.
granted he's new to nids and forgot to keep shit in synapse range, never swooped his flyrant and walked it right into my nova cannon russes
>>
>>43664857
Would it be poor form to not base my forgefiends?
I am too lazy/busy assembling and painting to worry about basing my models atm and they don't look or feel right anyways.
I don't want to do something that might get me sperg'd at while at a LGS or tourney, what do you guys think?

Also-is running 2 (hades, cerebite configuration both with addition head cannon) in an iron warriors/chaos undivided themed army a poor decision?
>>
File: RRnhhqW.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
RRnhhqW.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>43665516
>be me
>play orks
>play ork walkers
>win with ork walkers
>mfw I never understand how this happens
>>
>>43667662
Statistically it's the same, and it's more fast to roll all your dice then giving them to the opponent to roll all of his instead of going back and forth.

Also as >>43667782 said.
>>
>>43667001
B- but that's one of the best infantry kits FW has ever done!
>>
>>43665516
>Playing with a friend, Chaos vs Dark Angels. Dark Vengence plus some extra pieces.
>Deepstrike Deathwing terminators.
>Squad charged by the Hellbrute, Hellbrute die but only Sergeant survive.
>At the same time, cultist squad gets almost wiped out. Only champion and 2 cultists survive.
>Pass Ld check.
>Opponent's turn, there is nothing else around so the DW sergeant shoot at cultists.
>Only champion survive.
>Again pass Ld check like a boss.
>DW sergeant charge
>1,1,2, no attacks hit.
>Cultist turn
>6,3,2 to hit
>6 to wound
>1 to save
>stab the fucking terminator from side to side with his rusted gloves
>Roll reward
>Unwhorty offering
>Becomes a progeny
>Still count as a promotion
>In my turn he runs across the board to take an objective.
>>
File: 1443567398941.jpg (105 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1443567398941.jpg
105 KB, 435x435
>>43664857

>post yfw the White Scars and Raven Guard killed over a million Fire Warriors with the planatary electrical psychic trick they pulled during Warzone Damocles - Kauyon
>>
>>43669551
>million riptides
Fx
>>
File: 1393998092327.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1393998092327.gif
1 MB, 500x281
I wanna start chaos daemons.

Where can I find a decent list/tips to get ideas from?
>>
>>43668354
>or have good terminator formations
What's wrong with First Company Strike Force? Shit, if you want to go full Terminators, add in a Land Raider Spearhead and a Librarius Conclave and just have 3 identical asskicker units rolling around.
>>
>>43669551
Did it work? I remember them saying that they will try to do it but I don't recall that they succeeded.
>>
>>43669639
Go Khorne DK if you want khorne daemons it's much better even without Karanak

Disregard Slannessh, he's not long for this world

Get a Soulgrinder they are fucking baller
>>
>>43669654
I just did the math for all of that. It's a little rough, but all 3 of those guys with no upgrades of any kind = 1470 pts. That's actually less models than my grey knights at the points level.

Model count aside, the reason I did not count First Company as a good terminator formation is simply because the bonuses while decent do not really do much for terminators, at least crunch wise. Preferred enemy is nice, yes but it only affects one unit. In most cases you're better off taking sternguard in drop pods if you want to use first co. Strike Force ultra is a much better terminator centric formation but my god is it cost prohibitive which prevents it from being a really good terminator formation. It is great to run if you just want to run terminators with a codex chapter I suppose
>>
Current IG rumors are we are getting a Cadia supplement, kind of like Raven Guard/ White Scares got in the Tau book.

Astra Militarum Leman Russ Tech-Command - 60 EUR
A mulitpart plastic box set that makes one Leman Russ Tank; one Squadron Command Frame; and a brand new Tech-Priest Enginseer
The box contains Codex rules for the tank and Enginseer.

Datacards: Cadia - 11 EUR
Brand new set of datacards that contain six Warlord Traits and 36 Tactical Objectives.
>>
>>43667662
It won't change the odds, but it will make a bit more sense, unless rerolls are involved.
>>
>>43669709
What shit advice. Slaanesh has some of the best stuff in your army.
>>
>>43669742
That sounds fucking cool actually.

What kinda play style is it advocating? Is Cadia going to be more elite than vanilla guard or what?
>>
Kinda shelved my space wolves after the recent codex, I was dissapointed, they werent the spacewolves I loved anymore. Now with BaC out Im finally considering doing an accurate 13th company army. 13th co were my first true army (after the shit you buy and play with as a kid). So tell me, what are the current decent SW lists?

Do I need to buy the fuckugly fliers?

I have 3 thunderwolves and a TW Lord, will I need more? Are there even any good spacewolf lists that arent TWC deathstar?

How do I even deal with shitknights and sperglords?
>>
Is their a limit on how many allied detachments you can take? I want to run Cult Mechanicus allied with Skitarri and Iron Hands but I can't find anything on it in the rules.
>>
>>43669894

You can take as many Detachments as you want. They don't even need to be Allied Detachments unless you want the benefit of only 1 ObSec Troop choice minimum.
>>
>>43669855
That's all we have right now. I play mech-vets and tanks, so this sounds like it will fit what I play.
>>
>>43669880
BaC?
>>
>>43669742
>15 burger coupons extra for an aging leman russ model with a new enginseer
>Tfw they only upated one model for your entire faction
>>
>>43669943
Necrons only got a new lord model and I don't need to tell you how powerful they got. Maybe it's a sign of good rules to come.
>>
>>43669938
Betrayal at Calth
>>
>>43669938

Betrayal at Calth. The big box of marines. Great for starting marines even though they're 30k models.
>>
>>43669955
Do not mistake correlation for causation. Shit just goes to a bad place once you start doing that
>>
>>43665516
Had a Chaos Termie group deepstrike super accurately behind a space wolf Contemptor Dreadnought and shot it's rear armor so full of auto cannon rounds it exploded that same turn. Hugely satisfying.
>>
>>43665159
Got to play one game as Skitarii against a mostly mechanized Guard unit. Rustlers and Arc rifles all day, nearly tabled the guy but ran out of turns. Looking forward to next weekend, which might be the last 40k I can play for a while.
>>
>>43669955
I think that was mainly down to the fact they got SO MUCH SHIT at the end of fifth.
>>
>>43670002
>>43670015
Ah.

With that out of the way, >>43669880, allow me to address your questions one at a time.

> So tell me, what are the current decent SW lists?
I believe Space Wolves won Adepticon earlier this year. You could try looking there though I do believe it is a TWC deathstar list. Otherwise I apologise, I don't know of any other good examples of space wolf lists.

>Do I need to buy the fuckugly fliers?
No, you don't. The rules are solid though and without them you'll need another plan on how to deal with flyers. Depending on your meta, ignoring them is not a bad plan.

>I have 3 thunderwolves and a TW Lord, will I need more? Are there even any good spacewolf lists that arent TWC deathstar?
From what I can remember, no. TWCs are the OP unit of the space wolf codex and usually forms the core of most space wolf lists I see on the internets. I am sure there are anons that will disagree and provide examples to the contrary, though.
>>
>>43670081

You know, the more I look at my two Annihilation Barges and one Ghost Ark, the more I realise they don't fit the look or feel of the army at all and regret buying them.

Who the fuck looked at the monolith and thought "Yes, this is an army that would use lightly armoured open topped skimmers."
>>
>>43670117
The design philosophy of those vehicles does match that of the tomb blades, stalkers and croissants though. If anything it's the monolith that feels out of place now.
>>
My tau commander being unbalanced, I'd like to know if the new model has a larger base. If so, could someone please provide me with its size?
>>
>>43670143

Eh, Crossiants fit with Monoliths well enough. Would be slightly better with a closed cockpit, I guess.

The worst vehicle of all is the Tesseract Vault though, which is... An inexplicable, untransportable mess.
>>
>>43670144
He's on a 60mm base now. The same size as Carnifex and Heavy Weapon Teams.

In case you're curious, regular Crisis are now on 50mm. Same size as Centurion bases.
>>
>>43670144

60mm.

New commander is gargantuhuge next to a regular crisis.
>>
>>43670117
>Ghost Ark
>Lightly armoured
>>
My girlfriend is looking to get me miniatures for Christmas to help finish up my army and I was wondering if GW did any sales.

I want to send her to my local GW to "support the store" but more so I want quantity of models which she can get from NiB ebay for like 20% off.
>>
File: hahah time for war.gif (3 MB, 460x353) Image search: [Google]
hahah time for war.gif
3 MB, 460x353
So what's all this about Chaos Marines getting a new codex?
>>
>>43670194
All of the necron skimmers are lightly armoured, they just have shields that boost their toughness.
>>
>>43670182

New Crisis sculpt is simultaneously hugely welcome and slightly disapointing.

All they needed to do is tweak the proportions just the tiniest fraction less boxy- A few extra millimetres of height with the same width woulda done, and given seperate part elbows rather than just differently posed arms and they would have been perfect.
>>
>>43670206
What country are you in? Assuming either USA or UK there are a plethora of third party sites that carry GW stock at varying levels of discount.
>>
>>43670206
>GW
>saving you money
Pick one. Hate to break it to you but you'll have to choose between getting her to support them direct through the local GW or supporting by proxy and saving herself some money.

To provide context, those bundles GW does? None of them actually save you any money. The literal only reason they exist is for faggots too lazy to click add to cart more than once.
>>
>>43670194

Yes.

Whoop dee doo quantum fiddly boops, the model is a flimsy ribcage.
>>
This'll sound like a trivial nitpick, but some moron whilst copy and pasting everything across from the 6th to 7th edition Tau codexes fucked up and changed every instances of XV8-05 to XV85.

And then compounded the screwup by sticking that on the new Commander kit too.

So just so you all know, the Crisis Enforcer suit is officially classed as a stealth battlesuit now.
>>
>>43664857
>somebody added a knight
Jesus it's getting fucking crowded in there.
>>
>>43670182
>>43670189
Thanks
>>
File: 1324318691399.jpg (49 KB, 418x418) Image search: [Google]
1324318691399.jpg
49 KB, 418x418
>>43670282

Shut up and buy the limited edition.
>>
>>43670300
What's up with that new Tau? Did I miss something?
>>
>>43670317
It's a female Tau head. Tau women are ugly as sin.
>>
File: iHHVQwK8L6s3u.jpg (5 MB, 3737x2667) Image search: [Google]
iHHVQwK8L6s3u.jpg
5 MB, 3737x2667
>>43670177
>Would be slightly better with a closed cockpit, I guess.
Pro tip: Use Lychguard shields as makeshift cockpits for your aircraft.
>>
File: I feel nothing.png (204 KB, 373x309) Image search: [Google]
I feel nothing.png
204 KB, 373x309
>>43670350
And for some reason /tg/ is convinced that they look good?
>>
File: are you frustrated reinhard.jpg (124 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
are you frustrated reinhard.jpg
124 KB, 1280x960
>>43665516

>play a Black Legion list with Sorcerer of Slaanesh, in a 800 point mini
>always take dat boon of mutation on him, and this time I got the instant-death boon (YES)
>play against a Khorne/Word Bearer mixture
>really fucking worried about him, and justly so. He rampages through my entire line, killed a squad of Terminators, and a squad of Marines
>Gets to my Sorcerer, i don't have much left so i'm shitting bricks
>gets into combat..but I go first, because glorious Drug-God
>Iron Arm was active this turn (I always roll Biomancy or Slaanesh discipline)
>I get to go first..with a power weapon, Iron-Armed strength, and Instant Death
>Kharn doesn't have Eternal Warrior
>Horrifically murder him and the Berzerkers, one turn after the other
>Proceed to attack and butcher a squad of CSMs nearby, as well.
>Won the game 5-1 with nothing left but a badly damaged Pred, 3 Marines, and the Sorcerer.

Kharn ain't got shit on my pink-and-leopard-print Sorcerer!
>>
>>43670282
They seem to have changed the way the suit classification works, at least according to WD the second number refers to the iteration of the suit, ie. XV 88 is the 8th iteration of the XV 8 chassis, and XV 25 is the 5th suit in its chassis.
This doesn't make any sense, though, as Shadowsun's improved stealth suit that's still in prototype stages has a smaller number (XV 22) than the commonly used stealth suit (XV 25), and it's apparently a huge coincidence that all stealth suits other than her prototype happen to be the 5th iteration of the model.

>>43670177
One of my friends has the Tesseract Vault and he left the side pieces unglued to the center so he can stransport it in pieces and assemble it before the game. Works pretty well, although it is slightly unstable and the pieces can fall off when you move it.
>>
File: iHHVQwK8M4a3u.jpg (55 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
iHHVQwK8M4a3u.jpg
55 KB, 720x540
>>43670355
That wasn't the right picture at all.
>>
>>43670390
Sorry, meant to put Kharn/Word Bearer list.
>>
File: 1409772051977.jpg (36 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1409772051977.jpg
36 KB, 479x720
>>43670366

No, in fact the new faces are typically superimposed over the weeb waifu tau shit that /tg/ loves to fap to to remind them that their waifus are actually (canon) pig disgusting.
>>
>>43670366
Fanartists and or Tau propaganda.
>>43670426
Also this.
>>
>>43670396

I figure that's just a WD staffer not doing his research and making assumptions. Broadsides are way older than the Enforcer and Iridium, even in universe.
>>
>>43670117
I really like them. I am happy they gave Necron vehicles a unique look instead of going for "metal boxes MK III". We already have too many factions whose vehicles are just a variation of a shoebox.
>>
>>43670453

It's a stupid unique look that doesn't fit the faction on any level, is my issue.

It's basically eldar-suited vehicles with a slight skeletron tweak.
>>
>>43670435

Then again, we have only seen fire caste females.
>>
>>43665516
My Tau armies many exploits as the infamous "Melee Tau" that no one ever sees coming and does better than people expect.

>Enemy Tau player attempts to charge his two riptides into melee with my nearly dead riptide
>Only one riptide makes it into melee and fails to hit
>My riptide causes a single wound, forces a leadership the enemy fails, and then proceed to sweeping advance the other riptide

>Drone team charges a squad of terminators
>termies all have unwieldy
>Drones cause 8 wounds
>all termies but the sergeant fail their saves

>Farsight enclaves custom commander with the melee melta gun relic
>previous game he killed in melee 20 pink horrors + herald of tzeentch (swept), 4 khorne dogs (hit and run away from lord), soul grinder, 3 chosen mark of nurgle
>Shooting attacks killed a rhino, and another soul grinder
>eventually rolled a 1 on weapon malfunction and all the commander's weapons exploded

Eventually people will start to learn that going ini1 against str 8 ap 1 blind is not very smart.
>>
>>43670500
If one caste's women look like that, I have a feeling the rest of the castes' women won't look much different.
>>
>>43670513
Back in my day, drones were WS 4 and stealthsuits were Str 5 so I also did melee tau for a while there.
>>
>>43670491
Except that It doesn't have absolutely nothing of Eldar except that they are skimmers and don't have angles.

Also you can say they don't fit but they didn't come from nothing.

They are a lot based on Necron Glyphs, with the structures built around circles, with other circles/crescent moons interwined. The Scythes come from Battlefleet Gothic, and all vehicles, Monolith included, have that spine behind the pilot (or the crystal) that is a clear reference to the Necron Lords spine.

The fact that all this combined gives also a skeletal look is just a bonus.
>>
>>43670524
Water caste Tau are supposed to have more expressive faces and softer features, but yeah, Tau generally are supposed to have pretty inexpressive and not pretty faces.
>>
>>43669742
Any idea when? I have a chance of getting the tech priest half the price before the year is out
>>
>>43670782

Weren't fire caste also only good at expressing anger?
>>
>>43670835
Yeah. Aside from water caste, who are very expressive and capable of easily adopting mannerism of other species, the Tau are veyr lacking in facial expressions. Fire caste can look neutral or pissed off, but that's about it, and earth and air pretty much always have the same expression.
>>
Mont’ka is confirmed with the pre-orders coming very soon. Farsight codex in Feb. Also some more campaign-wise things for the Tau.
>>
>>43670956
source?
>>
File: 1447198127642.jpg (70 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
1447198127642.jpg
70 KB, 300x444
>>43670243
Shit isnt happening. Its a verified reprint with the expansion paks just like the tau book.
Nothing to see here.
>>
>>43671047
>verified
Where are all these rumors coming from? Can you point me at a source?
>>
File: kekcron.jpg (13 KB, 469x437) Image search: [Google]
kekcron.jpg
13 KB, 469x437
new ork codex when
>>
Somebody who can do it do the dang make the gods talk about d edit already.
>>
Yesterday we came up with this Chaos Space Marine army list in terms of being able to defeat the Eldar cheese army. Granted it probs can't actually beat it, but there's a good chance the daemonic units will take care of two out of the four Wraithknights while the flying units take good care of the scat bikes. Today's army/faction is gonna be Space Marines. All of them (so Dark Angels/Blood Angels/Space Wolves codexes included.) What's the best army that can be created to defeat the undefeated Eldar cheese list? Allied detachment allowed.

Chaos army list from yesterday: http://pastebin.com/9xLmaZVs

The Eldar Cheese List:

1848 points

---HQ---

Farseer - 160 points
-Shard of Anaris
-Singing Spear
-Skyrunner Eldar Jetbike

Warlock Conclave - 50 points
-Skyrunner Eldar Jetbike

---Troops---

6 Windriders - 162 points
-Scatter Lasers

5 Windriders - 135 points
-Scatter Lasers

3 Windriders - 81 points
-Scatter Lasers

---Fast Attack---

Vyper Squadron - 50 points
-Two Shuriken Cannons

---Lords of War---

2x Wraithknights - 295 x 2 = 590 points
-Ghostglaives and Scattershields

2x Wraithknights - 310 x 2 = 620 points
-Scatter Lasers
>>
Ad Mech battalion box when?

Why does every 40k model have to be so expensive compared to fantasy?
>>
File: 1447601624536.jpg (15 KB, 215x217) Image search: [Google]
1447601624536.jpg
15 KB, 215x217
>>43671002

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/breaking-tau-montka-confirmed-by-gw.html

Also...

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rapid-Insertion-Force

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Emperor%E2%80%99s-Shield-Infantry-Platoon?_requestid=199759
>>
>>43670397
My god, that's perfect.
>>
>>43671070
He doesn't have one he's just being a negative Nancy.
>>
>>43671167
Right after Nids and CSM get the same shit in a new box.
>>
>>43671242
What's the Shard of Anaris doing?
>>
>>43671318
Don't ask me I myself am honestly confused at why the guy took the Shard AND the singing spear. Maybe the Spear's there cuz he didn't know what to do with leftover points. What I do know is that the guy went undefeated with the list in tourney, so it's the list to watch out for/list to beat.
>>
>>43671318
I believe it's there just to grant the wielder, and by extension his unit, fearless.
>>
>>43671362
>>43671318
shard makes the bearer fearless. and pretty good in a challenge
>>
>>43671318
>>43671362
Fearless
>>
>>43671372
Oh I forgot about the fearless rule. And yeah the thing's beastly in a challenge cuz of fleshbane and instant death.
>>
>>43671384
It's ok. On an Autarch it's good. On a one base attack dude it's not amazing.

Obviously just for the fearless boon.
>>
File: 2015-11-14_2148.png (78 KB, 1037x515) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-14_2148.png
78 KB, 1037x515
>>43670397
>>43671275
>My god, that's perfect.
Yeah, that really fits the look of the army makes me think of those movie batmobiles where the armor would appeal out of nowhere. I imagine the necron cockpit doing the same.
>>43671261
Here's a pic for the lazy.
>>
>>43664920
if you were a lurker, then you would know the answers. Also: if it is too expensive for you, play something else.
>>
>>43670243
Alleged complete rules overhaul with updated kits, but no (maybe a clampack) new kits. March/April 2016.

So basically theyre finally getting updated in the waning months of 7th edition. After being in the cellar for 2+ years. Christmas 2016 will bring 8th edition 40k, and CSM will be stuck with an old codex, sitting in the cellar with Blood Angels and Orks. For another edition.

You know this is exactly how its going to happen, so just give up on CSM ever being anything more than a collectors army. I doubt their update in 2016 will do much for them anyway. Sorry CSM bros, but 40k just isnt your game.
>>
>>43671491
Christmas would be a pretty unlikely time for a new edition. GW rarely releases anything huge during Christmas (makes sense since they can get a lot of sales from people buying bundles and such as gifts). For the last few years the new edition has alwasy come during summer, so I expect that trend to continue.
>>
File: Jeezuz.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
Jeezuz.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>43671491
>Christmas 2016 will bring 8th edition
God save us all, source?
>>
>>43671559
>>43671563

Late 2016 is what is being thrown around. I dont think its set in stone yet. Summer 2016 wouldnt surprise me though.
>>
File: Dark angels gun.png (1 MB, 2344x1435) Image search: [Google]
Dark angels gun.png
1 MB, 2344x1435
>>43666880
>>
Anons, I know this may sound as something for /r/ or /out/, considering the site, but I've got nowhere to ask for help really and this may or may not interest some of you too:
I've happened to find some pictures of old concept sketches for GW, part of them supposedly never released; they were all reposted or linked from a single blog which was free to visit at least a month ago and apparently FULL of these pics for many if not all armies, both fantasy and 40k; this one:
https://www.tumblr.com/blog_auth/darkspacecollection
Now it is protected, but I'm desperately looking for the password or a way to enter and see this little gold mine.
Do you know, perhaps, the password or a way to enter?
Pic related for the type of reblogged pics from there.
I think this may be mark gibbons's work.
>>
>>43671563
>Eight is Khorne's favored number
>WHFB's End Times was in 8E
It's almost like Khorne's not even being subtle about working at GW.
>>
>>43671760
>at the time of 9th edition, everything changed
>the 7th edition saw the setting stagnate at the removal of storm of chaos
>6th ed was aesthetically sexy as fuck
I've been blind for so long
>>
>>43665995
>"Technically"
Nah son, he did what any good Guard player would: Sacrifice your units to make your opponent feel good whilst placing next campaign's veterans on the objectives.
Remember, IG veterans aren't the best of the best, they're just the guys who weren't suicided.
>>
>>43672095

Just surviving: Gives you WS/BS 4.
>>
>>43672127
Decades of intense psycho indoctrination and intense training.

Does the same thing.

HMMMMM
>>
There's a campaign starting up in January and I will be playing Orks. It will use those GW hex tiles that I forget the name of.

>BlitzBrigade
>GreenTide
>Bullyboyz
>Wingnutz
>Regular Stompa
>6 Trukks

I am sad that the initial 6k points we have doesn't allow me to have a Dread Mob. The "Forces of Destruction" that I'm a part has me teaming up with Nids and Chaos.
>>
>>43672183

You phase this as if you think you made a point.
>>
>>43671808
Look at the Gods' numbers. I have no idea what would happen if there was an 11th Edition, 11 being Malal's holy number, but things would probably be nothing but anarchy.
>>
>>43672210
Planetstrike?

That sounds pretty neat anon, good luck!
>>
>>43671242
Well lets try to get this started then. I got this so far for a Space Marines list that can maybe stop this. Pedro and the Centurion Assault Squad come in the Storm Raven which drops them near the Wraithknights where they work on the Wraithknights. The tactical and devastator squads also use their lascannons and missile launchers to do as much damage to the Wraithknights as possible before moving on to the bikes. Meanwhile the Stormwing attacks the bikes since the bikes don't have much they can do against strong flying units. Captain's there more or less to mess with the bikes any way he can.

1850 points

+++Gladius Strike Force+++

---Battle Demi-Company---

Captain - 120 points
-Jump Pack
-Storm Shield

3x (5) Tactical Squads - 90 x 3 = 270 points
-1 Lascannon for each Squad

(3) Centurion Assault Squad - 185 points
-Veteran Sargent
-Omniscope

(5) Devastator Squad - 130 points
-4 Missile Launchers

---Strike Force Command---

Pedro Kantor - 185 points

---Storm Wing---

Stormraven Gunship - 230 points
-TL Lascannon
-Typhoon Missile Launcher
-Extra Armor

2x Stormtalon Gunships - 125 x 2 = 250 points
-TL Lascannon upgrade
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently the percieved ranking of the SM armies is

>Vanilla
>Dark Angels
>Space Wolves
>Grey Knights
>Blood Angels
>>
>>43665516
Probably stunning a vindicator to death with a landspeeder.
He put it between some terrain near the table edge and couldn't move it
At that point I was clenching pretty hard cause I was hiding from all of his devastators and it would of utterly wiped my force had it gotten a shot out.
>>
>>43672468
GK should be second highest. Highest if facing Daemons.
>>
>>43672552

Grey Knights have one overrated trick, Dreadknight spam, and lack the numbers to pull that trick off without allies to provide mass fire support.
>>
>>43672631

And fuck, Dreadknights aren't even as close to good as people make them out to be.

What, you can't focus fire down a terminator save? The fuck are you even fielding
>>
>>43671070
Several editions worth.
Checkmate chaos atheist.
>>
File: why tho.jpg (45 KB, 851x482) Image search: [Google]
why tho.jpg
45 KB, 851x482
All of the Assassin models are off of GW's website. Are we getting new ones or something?
>>
>>43672468
Grey knights might bump with space wolves some.
>>
>>43672818
We already HAVE new one it's just you have to buy the assassinorum game to get them. I assume they're making it so you can buy them individually now.
>>
File: 1402240786710.jpg (250 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1402240786710.jpg
250 KB, 800x600
>>43671242
Here is a necron list i JUST made to tailor beat this list
> MFW your scatter lazorz cant even touch my quantum shielding

1840 points

>HQ

Overlord - 220

-Gauntlet of confalgrator
-warscythe
-tachyon arrow
-phylacetery
-ressureciton orb
-phase shifter
-command barge

>troops

X3 - 10 warriors in ghost arcs 235 each

>elites
10 flayed ones -130
15 flayed ones - 195

>Heavy Support

X2 Annhilation Barge - 120 each

>Formation Canoptek Harvest - 350 points
( do formations count as a whole unit? or are each of these units seperate from one another but still get the formation rule?)
1 spider
6 wraiths
3 scarabs
>>
>>43672818
They've been only available through the Assassin board game for a while.
>>
>>43672818
Pretty much, the ones out of the assassin board game are getting sold individually now.
>>
>>43672885
>( do formations count as a whole unit? or are each of these units seperate from one another but still get the formation rule?)
Separate units. Also, why not replace the Elites with Triarch Stalkers, the better to buff your warriors' shooting and throw around multi-melta shots?
>>
>>43672877
>>43672902
Anything on the price?
>>
>>43672885
there's no way the vehicles survive the 4 sD shooting attacks and 2 melee knights, and there's not enough in there to kill the wraithknights.

the way I see it: shooty knights blow up the anni barges asap, melee knights rape your wraiths (only threatening thing in this list) while all the scatter lasers slowly kill the flayed ones, then the warriors when the knights finish the arcs.
>>
>>43672127

>IG Veterans get BS 4 lasguns, its not fair!

-Taufag from last 40k general arguing suits should all be at least BS 4.
>>
>>43672946
New HQ/character clampacks are all $30+ now.
>>
>>43672990
>all 4 Assassins are $120
Fuck.
>>
>>43672954

From a fluff perspective? Fuckin' duh, they're veterans. At the very least Vre rank should be BS4 on basis considering fluff alone.

It would require -completely- redesigning Markerlights from the ground up if you were to do that though. So for the sake of game mechanic variety, 3 is prolly better in the long run.
>>
>>43672954
Thematically it would make sense, but the scaling of ws/bs makes little sense.

Guard has a bs progression from 2 (untrained conscripts) to 3 (basic guardsmen) to 4 (veterans), but Marines remain 4 from scouts to veterans, as do Tau from firewarriors to battlesuit veterans.
Which doesn't really make much sense since a Marine veteran may have decades or centuries of experience, and a Tau shas'vre has at least 8 years, while in the IG surviving for 16 hours makes you a veteran. It's more of a balance thing (Tau have markerlights so don't need high native bs, and presumably sternguards and termies with bs/ws 5 would be too good).
>>
>>43672946
25€
>>
File: 5-4f-promo.jpg (650 KB, 988x694) Image search: [Google]
5-4f-promo.jpg
650 KB, 988x694
People actually play on Vassal?
>>
>>43673026

Also Tau rank BS goes:

La: BS3
Ui: BS3
Vre: BS3
Commander: BSfuckin'5

WS also leaps straight up.

LD and A scale normally tho.
>>
>>43673046

What is this?
>>
>>43673007
>>43673031
>>43672990
Not fucking likely seeing as that's almost double the price of the four assassins + all the chaos models + board game in the assassinorum thing.

I'm going to take a wild guess at 10-18 euro.
>>
>>43673046
Not since the new artists started and made everything fucking ugly.
>>
File: Betrayal+at+Calth[1].jpg (110 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Betrayal+at+Calth[1].jpg
110 KB, 540x960
>>43673099
Yeah, the next time check instead of spewing bullshit. The game was sold at 100€ by GW.
>>
>>43673046
I tried it once, building the map was tedious

Also tried roll20 for awhile but since my group lost all the maps play has dropped substantially.
>>
>>43673046

I use to and it was a lot of fun but pick up games on vassal was typical shitters, cheaters etc and a lot of arguments about the terrain since its all 2D
>>
>>43672217
Just poking fun at the fluff to crunch transition and marine training really.

That ok?
>>
File: 1417895935313.gif (378 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
1417895935313.gif
378 KB, 550x600
>1350 pt game last weekend
>My Necrons vs his CSM
>Deep Strike Obelisk Turn 2
>ignoring Maulerfiend with Magma Claws and focusing on his Obliterators
>Maulerfield gets close enough, charges Obelisk
>takes 2/3 of its HP away, nearly one shotted the fucking thing had it not been for shitty roll
>mfw

I won because he scooped when Obelisk finished off the Fiend, there was one Obliterator left with a wound, and my Doomsday Ark took out nearly an entire squad of CSM. Excellent game. /blog
>>
Anyone up for /tg/ Vassal game?
>>
>>43672950
That is why you do not play necrons

flayed ones will infiltrate, either to tie up the knights for a turn or two, or to steal an objective, Or to rape the wind riders if they get close

the ghost arcs are there to shoot the shit out of everything obviosuly

melee lord to tie up one of the melee knights and potentially kill it

Canoptek harvest might bea bad choice compared to some flyers
>>
>>43673223
>Plays meta army
>Goes against lowest teir army
>Wins

>Good game
>>
File: sdfsdafsd.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdafsd.jpg
187 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>43665159
Starting to think my White Scars list is a bit strong. Had a second rematch with a guy, added in a new Command Squad and I actually destroyed half his army while losing only a single marine.

Had some fun matches though.
>>
>>43673323
A picture of you being a faggot.
>>
File: 1447704042897s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447704042897s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>43673323

Could you make this poster seem less gay? Or atleast add text warning about the levels of faggotry.
>>
>>43673232
>Vassal
Fuck it, I got nothing better to do it.
How hard is it to set up?
>>
File: Yiff_yaff.jpg (86 KB, 601x373) Image search: [Google]
Yiff_yaff.jpg
86 KB, 601x373
>>43673298
My main army is ______SW.

The Necrons were gifted to me and I was eager to see them in action since I've lost every single game I've played with my other army. I made the list myself with most of what I was given, but I still understand how you feel my victory is undeserved.

Speaking of, I would like some advice if anybody can provide it.

I get that SW are a melee-centered army. But how am I supposed to get close enough without them getting blown up? It seems that no matter what different strategy I employ, the Sons of Russ are shattered by enemy forces before getting to smash them with their Thunder Hammers.
I also hate Deep Striking my melee Termies.
If they were guaranteed on the field on Turn 2, then cool. But it's never guaranteed and up to the dice gods.
>>
>>43673281
not trying to be argumentative, just legitimately confused.

there are 16 scatter lasers in that list, and a farseer providing twin linked to 6 of them. without twin linked, thats 11.85 average flayed ones dead per turn. (so the unit of 10 turn one, the unit of 15 + charges turn two).

the necrons have no shooting past 24". so you can take time and kill the fast shit, or ignore it if they are held back and shoot the arks/barges. also gauss, while able to, will have a hard time against 4 knights, and the bikes are faster and have more range.

melee knights chose to target chariot with no invul with its 5 sD attacks on the charge and should kill it before the lord can strike
>>
>>43672468
>Ravenwing
>SW
>Vanilla
>DA
>GK
>BA

This, actually.
>>
so thinking about the veterns or rather professional soldiers of the game i came up with this, but i'm not sure about some of the races. actually i'm not sure about this even

>space marine sarge 250 years
>chaos space marine champion 250 or ??
>IG sarge 30-50
>nids warriors a few hours?
>ork nob 10-50 years?
>sisters sarge 40?
>dark eldar?
>>
File: laughing eldar sluts.jpg (83 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing eldar sluts.jpg
83 KB, 446x400
>>43672885
Yeah, nope.
>sending flayed ones against Eldar
>pic related
>>
Would I get shit if I converted rats on bikes and called them Skavenwing?
>>
>>43673323
>i can use the text tool in fattoshoop gaiz
So can anyone with more than half of a forebrain, yes.
>>
>>43673568
No, that would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>43673568
you would get props and there is an astra army that features rat riders as their rough riders
>>
>>43673568
Well, you would certainly have a cheesy army.
>>
>>43673568
>not mars aligned bikers
You dun fucked
>>
File: apothecary and progenoid.jpg (139 KB, 533x688) Image search: [Google]
apothecary and progenoid.jpg
139 KB, 533x688
>>43666576
The chainblade is for cutting through armor and the thick bones of a Marine, particularly the ribcage that is now a solid slab of bone protecting one of the Progenoid glands. The needle is for administering various solutions to allied Space Marines, especially the wounded, as well as shooting assholes in the face.
>>
>>43673281
>Going into melee with a command barge against a melee knight.

Jesus Christ, as a Necron player I can say that I have played scarabs more tactically adept than you. You know that he can just target the barge and make it explode in 1 round?
>>
File: 5954cdf99a[1].png (100 KB, 542x759) Image search: [Google]
5954cdf99a[1].png
100 KB, 542x759
>>43673469
>If they were guaranteed on the field on Turn 2, then cool. But it's never guaranteed and up to the dice gods.

I have a present for you.
>>
On 1d4chan imperial guard tactica page it's mentions that
>And why is Chaos better than you? Because of a small footnote by the side of the Vindicator Linebreaker Formation. In short, it details that Chaos armies may use ANY AND ALL Imperial Datasheets as long as they have spikes on them.

Where is that note anyway? I want to make some traitor guard and ally them with daemons.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.