[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 000G spend on Equipment for Sorceress: Help Wanted!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 1280x686
So, during my play group previous session we got a huge boon from a royal sponsor. Each of party's five members got 10 000 g that we need to spend on equipment for our expedition. Limitation are that this money must be used ONLY on equipment, and no more than 50% of all money can be used on single item.
I am horrible at 3.5 meta game (being recently new to tabletop rpg in general) and I have no idea what to get for my lv 5 chaoric good Sorceress. What would you recommend for trickster character?
>>
>>43653479
Well I'm just going to point out that it's spelled chaotic good, and not offer any meaningful advice at all, because this is 4chan.

But really I'm just doing it to bump your thread so someone who plays 3.5 will jump in and suggest some items. That way, you get help, and I can lurk while learning interesting things about 3.5
>>
>>43653564
Yeah, I noticed that I made some typos and grammatical mistakes. I probably did too much exposition for why I made this tread. It would probably be a safer bet to just put something like
>"You are lv 5 unoptimized Chaotic Good Sorceress. How would you spend 10 000G on Gear?"
I am probably being too honest.
>>
Cloak of Charisma +6, 36,000 gp.
Hat of disguise, 1500?
Masterwork shortspear.
>>
>>43653677
36, 000 is like 360% of the budget per person?
>>
Uh, grab <item> of +2 to some attribute (prob CHA), just remember enhancement bonuses don't stack so if you have such item already, take one that increases your CON or DEX instead. By book it's 4k.

If supplies are considered equipment: get yourself some nice potions, scrolls or wands. Wand of invisibility costs like 4,5k but invis is just soooo good.

If you have spare some cash, it's nice to have a masterwork light crossbow; for 1k you can get bracers of armor or cloak of resistance, both nice things to have.

If you want to be an ass, you can probably find broken retardedly-priced items in some splatbooks, but I find them lame and you can expect the DM will copypaste them onto your enemies in the future.
>>
>>43653758
Cloak of Charisma +2 sounds really good, I've already got the bracers, but wand of Invisibility sounds bit... Dangerous. My sorceress is very unoptimized, and I feel like having magical item of such efficiency could easily end up as a death sentence...
Yeah, crossbow could be good, but for now I feel like Sling will suffice...
>>
>>43653884
At 5th level you had a chance to learn invisibility as a sorcerer, then you would be able to cast it some 5 times per day. If you decided not to learn it, then there better be somebody else in your party who can cast it, invisibility is bread and butter for out of combat situations, and can be very handy in combat as well. If none of your teammates are able to cast invisibility and neither are you, then you're going to need the wand, or chug litres of invisibility potions, or have hard time.
>>
>>43653978
Good points... Adding it to the list.
>>
>>43653479
Buy 333333 cats.
When the time comes, You'll know what to do with them.
>>
>>43654368
You have no idea how in-character that would actually be...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.