[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"How much do a class/archetype's name and default flavor matter to you?" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread: >>43646368
>>
>>43652757
That sounds like a fine idea.
Nothing that a grappling hook and rope doesn't solve, but good enough.

Though is it intentional that Veiled Moon style is the only style feat that has 'one maneuver known from the discipline' as a prerequisite when all the others I can see are 'one stance known'?
>>
>>43652777
Well the idea is to make him be extra careful when using his teleportation. You really only have to do it once or twice an arc and the player will probably get the message.

Does it say that? No, it ought to be a stance. I might have changed it for publishing already but I'll double check. Thanks for the catch.
>>
>>43652812
Elric, decision on Soulbolt as thrown weapon group reached?
>>
>>43652812
Welp, rogue no longer even qualifies for the feat ;_;
(Not an initiator archetype because new player; but I tried to sneak in that lv1 veiled moon maneuver via trait to help him with his sneak attacks)

Thanks for the advice anyway.
>>
>>43652765
How would you handle a wordcaster sorcerer with the Lore Seeker trait? "If you cast arcane spells, pick three spells on your spell list." Do you let him pick three wordspells that can be arranged with words of power on his spell list, force him to pick a "real" sorcerer spell meaning that he can only ever augment bloodline spells and spells gained through expanded knowledge or favored class bonus, or let him pick three effect words? What is the RAW interpretation?
>>
>>43652824
The RAW is that soulknife weapons aren't part of /any/ weapon group without using the emulate weapon bladeskills. We're still discussing whether or not (and how) to change that. Sorry.

>>43652827
Can I be honest? Let the rogue have it. I don't think it's going to break anything. Little teleportation hops like that are just a fun thing to do.

There was a character in a game I played in a few years back that could teleport 10 ft. 1/round as a free action. Never caused any real problems.
>>
>>43652844
Yeah, I'm actually considering just homeruling that all non-initiators get a free level 1 stance, which will both give everyone a nice bonus and will let the rogue qualify for the feat.

It's not something I'd be against but I want to check what the other players think first.
>>
>>43652860
Talk it over with your players, let them see what stances are available. Most level 1 stances are pretty neat and won't break the game. Sleeping Goddess's Unbroken Stride is a favorite of mine for people who aren't sure what to take.
>>
>>43652765
>tfw only person in my group who knows Golarion lore beyond the /pfg/ meme-map

I've been trying to hand them a few snippets, but at this rate I'll never get to play that Rahadoumi Gunslinger I thought up a few months ago.
>>
>>43652902
>Rahadoumi Gunslinger
Did you think that up when an anon posted a picture of a festival or something and told people to make a quick concept?
>>
>>43652914
Don't think I was here for that, no. I just like the alliteration of "Godless Garundi Gunslinger."
>>
File: 1389507369769.jpg (56 KB, 400x552) Image search: [Google]
1389507369769.jpg
56 KB, 400x552
Why is there so little psionic/divine interaction? Where are the godminds!
>>
Confession time pfg!
Did your GM ever accidentally take you to YOUR magical realm?
If yes, describe it.
>>
>>43653100
Nah, m8. No magical realms for anyone.
>>
Can you use Maneuvers out of combat?

What's the longest range teleport you can get with maneuvers?
>>
>>43652765
Is there any excel file or database I can use to search the bestiary? I am trying to find which pair of the four elements are least likely to be both resisted/ignored, and also which resistance/immunity is least common among creatures with resistance/immunity to sonic.

Barring such a resource, what would you guess?
>>
>>43653322
Assuming the standard Fire/Acid/Electricity/Cold, the least likely to be resisted are Acid/Electricity. Fire is the MOST common, with Cold as a close second, then electric, then acid.
>>
>>43653313
Yes you can use maneuvers out of combat, although you might have to be a little creative to make it work. I think the longest teleport we've got is Medium range (100 ft. +10 ft. per level) and it's in Shattered Mirror, but I don't remember which one it is.
>>
>>43653313
Yes.

Infinitely far, as long as you've got a guy cursed on the other end.
>>
>>43653100
The other day he hit me with a compulsion effect. Nothing sexy happened but my character gained the unshakable urge to release evil upon the land. Someone else did it before I could, though, of their own volition.
>>
>>43653343
>The longest range teleport isn't in the fucking teleport discipline

u wot m8
>>
>>43653328
I've noticed that while fire is the most commonly resisted, it seems to be the least likely to be "ignored" completely (immune), which makes my decision a lot harder. I just need 1 damage out of 10d6 to get through the resistance so that my dazing spell will function. Maybe fire/acid is the best combination? Thanks for the help.
>>
>>43653362
I'm aware. It's on the errata list.
>>
>>43652902

Same here, and because of my knowledge I've become the "wise traveler" in the party.
>>
File: casualgrump.png (327 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
casualgrump.png
327 KB, 900x1000
>>43653313

Sure. My GM puts a limiter on it, that limit being the 1 minute recover for maneuvers outside of combat, but by taking non-lethal damage to myself I'm able to use Enduring Crane Strike for a source of reliable healing. It's not efficient in the slightest due to the wait time between every strike, and then needing to take healing for myself to take care of the nonlethal damage, but it gets the job done. I like to think of it as an intense, retributive disciplinary exercise.
>>
>>43653100

My peasant scum character accidentally courted and bedded a beautiful, upper class noblewoman.
>>
>>43653406
By RAW you should be able to use a maneuver "every other round" outside of combat. 1 round to use the maneuver, then 1 round to recover it, either with a standard action or your normal recovery option.
>>
>>43653372
Fire Immunity comes in a LOT on shit like dragons, demons, constructs, and a lot of higher level enemies.
>>
>>43653406

Who is this maneuver canoodler?
>>
>>43653441
Interesting. I didn't think many constructs were immune to fire.
>>
>>43653406
More art of this grump pls
>>
>>43653391
Is fixing up Steel Serpent to not be just a worse version of any other discipline also there? None of the poisons it has are really all that great, and the stealth stuff seems like it could use a buff.
>>
>>43653510
This question was asked a couple generals ago, and yes it's on the list. It's been on the list for a long time. Actually, it might even be the start of the errata list depending on who you ask.
>>
File: boots1.png (54 KB, 446x459) Image search: [Google]
boots1.png
54 KB, 446x459
>>43653406
I'm aware, but GM is mildly concerned about what is technically infinite healing. Which honestly I'm not terribly bent out of shape over. I'd raise more concern about the restriction he has in place if I were playing something like Veiled Moon for all of the out of combat shenanigans. But then again, that's also no-holds-barred out of combat shenanigans.

>>43653454
>>43653485
This is Lillianna. There are two variations of her in two separate campaign settings; the one regarding the infinite healing is a Warlord and is in Eberron (same GM and setting as the Mythic campaign Elsbeth is in, but ten years prior.) The other campaign is a Future Faerun setting and is being used to test the Emperor class.

On an unrelated note, I fucking hate allergy season.
>>
Over a month ago, I had promised to someone that I would build for them a low-mid-level psychic armory who could be both a very talented party face as well as a durable and reasonably devastating artillery turret. I do not know if this person is still present, but if they are, I would like to show them the following build.

Level: 7
Race: Tiefling (devil-spawn, pass for human, soul seer)
Class: Soulknife (gifted blade, psychic armory, war soul)
Key ability modifiers: Wisdom +7 (with headband), Strength and Charisma completely dumped
Key item: Headband of Inspired Wisdom +4 (16,000 gp from 23,500 gp WBL)
Martial tradition: Cagebreaker Brotherhood, or a non-chaotic reflavoring of the same tradition

Traits:
Drawback: 1 of choice
Combat: Trickshot Soul (+1 to ranged attack rolls with mind blade)
Psionic: Psionic Knack (+2 to manifester level)
Religion: Illuminator (generic version from d20pfsrd.com, Diplomacy as class skill and +2 Diplomacy)

Feats:
1: Rapid Shot
3: Skill Focus (Diplomacy)
5: Diabolical Negotiator (generic version from d20pfsrd.com, just worship a pantheon that includes an evil god)
7: Clustered Shots

Blade Skills:
2: Increased Range
6: Telepathic Gift
6 (human FCB): Power Reserve

Stances:
1: Elemental Flux: Elemental Nimbus
1: Riven Hourglass: Distorted Clock

Maneuvers Readied:
2: Elemental Flux: Degrade Resistance
2: Solar Wind: Feel the Wind
2: Solar Wind: Intercepting Shade
3: Riven Hourglass: Time Skitter (Haste for initiation modifier in rounds)

Power points per day: 5 gifted blade + 2 Psionic Talent + 24 high manifesting modifier + 14 Power Reserve = 45

Powers known:
Talent: Trick Shot
1st-level: Inertial Armor (7-point manifest grants +7 armor bonus to AC for 7 hours)
1st-level: Precognition, Offense (7-point manifest grants +3 insight bonus to attack rolls for 7 minutes)
2nd-level: Detect Hostile Intent (3-point manifest lasts for 70 minutes, can be extended with Distorted Clock stance)
>>
>>43653626

Total Diplomacy bonus before items: 7 ranks + 7 Wisdom modifier (Diabolical Negotiator) + 3 class skill + 2 racial (devil-spawn) + 2 trait (Illuminator) + 3 Skill Focus = +24, can shift attitude by more than two steps, never reduces attitude short of a natural 1 and a failure by 5 or more
Total Sense Motive bonus before items: 7 ranks + 7 Wisdom modifier + 3 class skill + 2 racial (devil-spawn) = +19, can make a free Sense Motive check once per round with Detect Hostile Intent
Telepathy out to 230 feet that transcends language barriers, can detect other creatures within 30 feet communicating telepathically

Light thrown weapon with 1d6 base damage and range increment 100 feet
One-handed thrown weapon with 1d8 base damage and range increment 60 feet
Two-handed thrown weapon with 2d6 base damage and range increment 30 feet
+1 enhancement bonus for all three, +2 worth of weapon abilities for each of the three (and they can have different abilities to respond to different types of threats)

Total attack bonus with Rapid Shot, Time Skitter, and 7-point Offensive Precognition: 7 BAB + 7 Wisdom modifier + 1 Trickshot Soul + 1 enhancement - 2 Rapid Shot + 1 Time Skitter + 3 Offensive Precognition = +18
Total static damage with Elemental Nimbus (Fire): 7 Wisdom modifier + 7 Elemental Nimbus fire + 1 enhancement = +15
Four attacks in a full attack with Rapid Shot and Time Skitter, does not provoke attacks of opportunity
>>
>>43653638

Outside of combat, this character has a very high Diplomacy bonus and a reasonably high Sense Motive bonus, which they can do plenty of things thanks to the Diabolical Negotiator feat, the Detect Hostile Intent power, and the Telepathic Gift blade skill.

During combat, the character has access to three types of thrown weapons each with their own independent configurations tailored to various types of threats. Thanks to Rapid Shot and Time Skitter, they make four attacks at +18/+18/+18/+13 dealing their weapon's damage plus 15, before any weapon abilities are taken into account.

If they encounter fire-resistant enemies, they can bring out Degrade Resistance. The Feel the Wind maneuver makes Wind Walls and Fickle Winds a non-issue, and Intercepting Shade can provide defense beyond what Inertial Armor confers. All of these are being constantly recharged by the Martial Blade Recovery class feature from the War Soul archetype.

I hope this is decent enough, even though there was no room for the Deadly Aim feat. Is it?
>>
>>43653626
War soul and gifted blade cant stack, unless im missing something.
They both replace psychic strike, so you cant have both.
>>
>>43653548
Is this the guy who draws Elsbeth? It feels like he is always on /pfg/. It is so surreal to come online and always see people talking about someone's character.
>>
>>43652765
A lot actually, you can change fluff and names easily though so if the concept is good yo ucan easily apply it elsewhere too.

Good fluff helps immensily during toleplay though.
>>
>>43653696
Gifted Blade is free in high psionics.
>>
>>43652765
Hey guys. Going to play pathfinder as a player for the first time this winter. I've only really played 3.5 and 5th edition d&d. Other than official sources, what are some good places to look for tips?
>>
>>43653793
Huh. Hm, is there a way to stack Cutthroat and War Soul?
>>
>>43652765
The default flavor is just how the writers justify packaging abilities together. Once it's actually a character of yours,though, you change whatever you want.
>>
File: obey wario destroy mario.gif (943 KB, 242x180) Image search: [Google]
obey wario destroy mario.gif
943 KB, 242x180
Would any sane GM allow this backstory?

>some guy gets kidnapped by a hag while drunk
>you know what happens
>nine months later, babby Changeling shows up outside the inn the guy's staying at
>dad takes babby back to his hometown, figures he can deal with this
>the two oldest families there are feuding now and everyone is in the crossfire
>dad dies trying to stop the feud
>suddenly some guy in a fancy coat and hat shows up
>the feud is over within a week of him walking into the town
>everyone seems to be hunky-dory now
>Changeling grows up under his tutelage in an idyllic childhood where she knows neither hunger nor antagonism
>eventually, she hits puberty and the Calling hits her
>but there's an equally powerful telepathic compulsion on everyone around her, so she just assumes it's her mentor calling her
>years pass, and she learns all he's willing to teach her, even why she's heterochromiac - save for one final lesson
>"Now, I've already told you what you are, so you should know - the people out there will not see you the way we do here. They'll think you're a Hag waiting to happen, or an evil witch in the making, or something even worse - and it'll sting. It'll hurt, being rejected by people who think you're something you're not. But it's not enough to take charge of your own life to prove them wrong, no. You take everything I've taught you about the mind, and you take charge of their lives, too. One way or another, they'll realize you know what's best for them - and I'll be watching you with pride."
>>
>>43654128
Iiii'm gonna take that silence as a "no."

Hoo boy do I have egg on my face right now.
>>
>>43654128
It doesn't sound too bad to me. The weirdest part is the dad guy surviving the hag.
>>
>>43654240
Didn't give much time. I rather like it, myself. What class are you doing? Psion (telepathy)? Mind Sphere?
>>
>>43653842

No, though you could trait or tradition swap one of your disciplines to take Steel Serpent. The level 5 stance gives sneak attack.
>>
>>43654286
Mesmerist.

My GM doesn't allow 3pp.
>>
>>43654128
It's pretty cool, but I assume you have something in mind for who the hat mentor guy actually is. I assume that everyone around her had been mesmerized instead of them also being changelings?
>>
>>43654383
Yes and yes.
>>
>>43654128
Heterochroma has become a cliche in my opinion, so I'd drop it unless your reason is cool, and I agree with Anon that it's unlikely the dad would survive being kidnapped by a hag without some other factor at work. I would have the father be a powerful guy, the hag be non-evil, or the mentor being in control of the hag the entire time, to make the story seem more probable.

Overall, 7/10, and to answer your question, almost all GMs that allow changelings would allow that backstory.

If you're the guy who is playing PF for the first time, welcome!
>>
>>43654448
>Heterochroma has become a cliche in my opinion, so I'd drop it

changelings are naturally heterochromatic
>>
>>43654464
Oh; my mistake. I'll give it 9/10 then.
>>
>>43654128
It's not terrible. I wouldn't allow it though, because changelings work differently in Ravenloft.
>>
>>43653714
To be fair, most of the reason is because there's good art of the character and for the most part it's relevant/works as good reaction images.

Also fat half-elf tits
>>
So, gm question:
How the fuck do I get the pcs to stop powergaming? I have two of them who are trying their hardest
>OH I CAN DO 100 DAMAGE IN ONE HIT WITH THIS ATTACK
and
>HEY ANON I'M GONNA HAVE PATHFAG MAKE THE MOST POWERGAMED, OP CHARACTER IS THAT OK
I can't take these goddamn noobs trying to make fucking gamebreakers. It's ridiculous
>>
>>43654624
Sit them down like normal people and tell them to stop? That's what I do as a GM and it works 99% of the time.
>>
>>43654624
Give them a world they wish not to "win," but to savor.
>>
>>43654624

Isn't this how you're supposed to play? /pfg/ always makes it a point to put powerful builds on a pedestal and encourage people to play casters over martials for this exact reason.
>>
>>43654624
Let them have their fun. Seriously.
>>
>>43654645
Tried. But every so often he mentions all of his deeps
>>43654649
Also working on that
>>43654686
I mean, you aren't wrong. My opinion on powergaming though is if you're going to use your OP nature, don't do it every god damn round; it ruins it for the other players. That's kinda their goal. One of my most powerful characters was an absolute pacifist who would only step in if everything was going to shit.
>>43654688
Like I said above, they're trying to make one-hit killers. From what I've seen from the other players, it ruins their experience.
>>
>>43654624
Maybe it will help to have NPCs exploit the same mechanics that the player do.
>>
File: 1432172751126.jpg (192 KB, 855x644) Image search: [Google]
1432172751126.jpg
192 KB, 855x644
After three weeks of not, I am running Emerald Spire again today. Expect storytime in a few hours.
>>
>>43654747

>Tried. But every so often he mentions all of his deeps

It is my understanding that martial characters actually *do* perform at their most brutally efficient their build revolves around going first in initiative, canceling out as many enemy defenses as possible, and then deleting as many enemies as possible through raw damage.

Tier 1 and 2 spellcasters (and many Spheres of Power builds, such as the Alteration fish-transformer and the Creation encasement-trapper) are free to bypass hit points entirely, but martial characters best play to their strengths when they are geared towards pure elimination of threats. This is true whether the character is a Paizo-only martial character or a Path of War martial character (at least until Dreamscarred Press issues errata to Broken Blade, Primal Fury, and Thrashing Dragon). This is especially the case with psychic armories.

Is this an unfounded belief?
>>
>>43654747
Ubercharger enemies, who know which of them have the DANGER builds. After which, gentleman's agreement.
>>
Scaled Soul (Su): At 20th level, you gain the shapechanger subtype, and you can assume the form of a reptilian humanoid (as alter self ) or snake of Diminutive to Huge size (as beast shape III) at will. You retain the power of speech and the ability to use somatic spell components when transformed. You also become immune to poison and paralysis. You may use serpent’s fang as often as desired, and you may choose to inflict damage to any ability score.

If I didn't have serpent's fang before unlocking this power, do I still get to use serpent's fang?
>>
>>43654747
>Like I said above, they're trying to make one-hit killers. From what I've seen from the other players, it ruins their experience.

Did you actually ask the other players about this?

You can either just toughen enemies up (maximize their HP) if you don't want 1 turn kills, or just have the gpddess of fairplay give +5 to all stats for the guys who aren't optimizing, or both.
>>
>think of a way to die
>now make it a daemon
>>
>>43654972
Not this shit again. People keep copying the ones that already exist because they don't check and we're starting to get repeats. It's cool once or twice, not as a constant threadly thing.
>>
>>43654972
>autoerotic asphyxiation
>They're mostly harmless daemons, but they show up in the gallows every now and then hanging from hangmen nooses and whacking it.
>It's something the other daemons are rather ashamed of to be associated with them.
>>
>>43655032
Why do you keep making this bullshit? It wasn't funny the first time and you already got told suspiridaemons exist.
>>
>>43654751
>>43654831
...you devilish bastards. I love it.
>>
>>43654624
>100 damage
>Overpowered
u wot m8
>>
>>43655112
It's for like a level 7 magus. It's not that he's powergaming, it's that he's trying so hard to i swear he has hemorrhoids from it.
>>
>>43655141
But that's not even hard to do as a Magus

Dude, just link him a guide and let him have his fun unless there's some legitimate issue with it
>>
>>43655031
I remember some of the old ones
They were
>three different takes on choking to death
>lighting strike daemons that are trees
>trampling daemons that are bison things
>acid daemons that are wax skeletons
>childbirth daemons that are pregnant women who heal things
>animal attack daemons who are bug cats
>beheading daemons who make head minions
>burning daemons who jump on people
>bad decision daemons who do stupid shit
and that's all I remember
>>
I'm playing a Shabti Warlord in a Mummy's Mask game who's utterly convinced that he'll be the next pharoah. I've been using a sword cane with Scarlet Einhander, as that's how a gentleman royal would fight, but my interest has waned considerably after the first session, especially since my warder buddy has been so much more effective. So, any suggestions on how to tweak my character while still keeping most of the flavor?
>>
>>43655031
What if we try it with other kinds of outsiders? Demons have a theme of sins like Daemons do death, but do Devils have a theme?
>>
>>43655201
I'd need to see your build, or at least more information from it before I could say for certain. And typically speaking, 1 session isn't a good example of how well a character plays. I've had terrible sessions where I can't roll more than a 12 all game (for 3+ hours), which is not really indicative of what my character is actually capable of.

Anyway, can you give more info on your build? Level, maneuvers, feats, items, class features? What are you defining as "effective"?
>>
>>43655221
Devils have more of a "purpose" theme, in that each devil has a specific job.
Drowning demons patrol the waters, Pit Fiends get shit done, neared devils are footsoldiers, etc.
>>
>>43655141

Magi are designed to nova, and as >>43655147
said, that's in line with what you'd expect this class to do at that level. Intensified Shocking Grasp + Magic Lineage is level 1 spell, and it can crit for 14d6 at that level. Add another Shocking Grasp from a Spell Storing weapon, and whatever he hit is either dead or in bad shape.

That's not even getting into what kensai can do. Just remember that magi can't do this all day--maybe once every other combat, if they're lucky and are willing to spend some resources on Pearls of Power and the like.
>>
>>43655300
I could see why it might be a problem if the Anon's game typically only has a single combat encounter per day, which a lot of DMs fail to realize has an effect on the power of classes based on expendable resources.
>>
Any tips on roleplaying a low-chr social character? I'm an inquisitor using wis instead of chr, and am really good at intimidating nerds.

I reasoned that the social prowess comes from her being wise more than charming, but what are some good handicaps she could have? Half-Orc, for reference.

I was thinking rather loud and boisterous and unintentionally making children cry with stories of how their dolls are similar the the wolves that attacked her and she cleaved in two.
>>
>>43655338
dead inside?
There are so many options. We discussed it in the previous thread for a bit. One of my games had a gnome with abysmal charisma, he played it as her being uberattractive but with no tone to her voice and a glassy look in her eyes.
>>
>>43655338
Generic s-stammering and "endearing" moeblob.
>>
>>43655367
That's taking it a bit too far. Low-charisma, not "give the party justification to kill me on sight."
>>
>>43655338
>>43655367
Nah, Charisma is "force of personality" it doesn't matter what you say, your words just naturally carry more weight to them and people are more apt to listen.

Wisdom is perception and instinct. Wisdom tells you just what to say to really push someone's buttons. Like noticing that the person you're talking to has a tan line from a wedding band on their finger, so you offhandedly mention their divorce and provoking a reaction from that.
>>
>>43655426
What about the dumped Cha, high Diplomacy PsyArm earlier up in this thread?
>>
>>43652765
So in a couple levels I'm going to get an animal companion, specifically a pony. I've been stumped on naming for a couple days now.
What would be a good name for a pony owned by a character who had spent most of his time with Halflings?
>>
>>43655447
What about them?
>>
>>43655450
Just pick a flower or something sweet-tasting and you're golden.
>>
>>43655426
KInda hard for a PC to do that kind of stuff though. I mean, unless the DM is telling you about these details so you can exploit them.
>>
>>43655338
Being really, painfully blunt when it comes to talking could be one. Aside from that, maybe she just isn't good to listen to, but most people put that aside because she's wise and all that good shit
>>
>>43655450
"Little Bitch"
>>
>>43655450

Bill
>>
>>43655479
That's why you communicate with your DM. I assume no one at your gaming table is a mind reader, so it's important to discuss these kinds of things so that everyone is on the same page.

Wisdom is instinct, so your character may not even consciously recognize what they're doing. They just always seem to know exactly what to say.
>>
>>43655450
Midgetkiller.
>>
>>43655505
That's a little tricky though because it's going to blur the line of who controls your character. Are you going to just roll your WIS-based diplomacy check and then have the DM tell you that you noticed said missing wedding band and then brought up the inferred sore spot to her, before filling in the actual dialogue yourself?
>>
So I was just thinking how to make a character and checked my notes... and I cant find the feat anymore.
It was a line of feats like the Cloak Dance - they granted concealment and more.. and i cant find then anywhere.
It doesnt help that my note is literally "Dancing Shadow -feats"

Does anyone know which im talking about?
>>
>>43655559
Did you maybe just mean the feats necessary to qualify for the Shadowdancer prestige class (Dodge, Mobility, and Combat Reflexes)?
>>
>>43655602
Im pretty sure its not that, I actually dislike - I think its utter crap honestly.

At first I thought it was a Style - i can remember when I saw those feats it was a chain of em.. 3 of them maybe.
>>
>>43655551
Are you familiar with Improv acting at all? There's this concept called "yes and..."

The idea is that you take the scene as described, and add something to it. Then the next person rolls with your addition and continues the scene, adding their own extra details, and so on and so forth. The only thing you can't do is shut down someone else's addition.
---------------------------------------

In this case, you'd roll your WIS based Diplomacy/Intimidate, then say something like "OK so my character notices that [npc] is favoring their right leg. So she mentions that maybe someone who doesn't want to end up a paraplegic so soon after getting out of a cast really ought to let our party through the gate."

And that's your explanation for /why/ your character succeeded at that intimidate. It helps make the NPCs more realistic as characters and makes players more involved in the world around them.

It takes practice, but my groups have used this to great effect for years. And again, this is something you should discuss out of character with your DM and party. Make sure everyone is on the same page.
>>
>>43655221
You can always make up more furries for Agathions
Azatas are basically elf fairies who cares
Angels are dudes with wings
Archons don't really have a unifying theme but they're similar to angels (the new Archons in B5 are badass though)
New inevitables might be fun, they have a pretty simple concept for what each one is about
Aeons are blobs with hands that embody some sort of "duality"
Psychopomps serve various roles in the bureaucracy of death, not a whole lot of niches that haven't been filled
Proteans are snake things
Qlippoth are tentacle monsters
Divs are corrupted something? And they each have a certain "compulsion" like hating red or never telling the truth, I always thought that part was neat
Oni are Japanese devils
Kami are guardians of nature and shit
Kytons are body horror shadow dudes
I know there's a bunch of new outsider races in B5
Who am I forgetting
>>
>>43655559

You may be thinking of Wind Stance and Lightning Stance, which grant concealment if you move fast enough on your turn.

As for cloaks specifically, this is the closes thing I can find:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sweeping-dodge-combat
>>
>>43655625
Midnight Stalker?

>>43655635
They actually made an aeon or two in B5 that isn't just a blob with hands.
>>
>>43655625
You mean the cloak dance style in the soulknife augmented playtest?
>>
>>43655625
This maybe?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/cloak-dance
>>
>>43655644
Yeah those are fairly cool too. I can't get over how lame the earlier ones are though.
>>
>>43655629
Except the difference between this kind of game and improv acting is that you, the player, can't just decide or state that an NPC is favoring a particular leg, or missing a wedding band they use to have, or stuff like that. I agree that you might be able to make it work if you talk with the other people you're playing with about how it's going to work, but I don't think it'll necessarily work for all people. In a perfect world, it would, but this definitely isn't a perfect world and you'll run into plenty of DMs who don't want to give their players that kind of control over NPCs and other players who might try to abuse that control for their own benefit.
>>
>>43655559
I think you mean dancing shadow style from the Soulknife doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XZ7YUgvH7vgDqJvJs8vaQYCPV6K6wh8YAbW_ElFUHX4/edit?pli=1
>>
File: 1446332328862.jpg (22 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
1446332328862.jpg
22 KB, 610x407
>Give up on gunslinging magus
>maybe I'll just play a gunslinger and grab master craftsman
>need to be 5th level
>only lets you QUALIFY for item creation feats
It just keeps getting better. I think it's time I officially gave up on guns and crossbows.
>>
Anyone know if any of the character sheet generators are up-to-date with Occult Adventures and Occult Realms yet?

Also hoping they have Blood of the Moon.
>>
>>43655551
Pretty much, yeah. Let's say you're Evil, and are trying to get information out of a shopkeep. You're a Wis-based social character like mentioned, so you could say, "I'm rolling my Intimidate, what about her seems easy to use against her?"
>"Well, it looks like her eyes have bags under them, and even though her shop-door is closed you can here the cooing of a small infant inside."
You could then reply with "ma'am, either you'll cooperate now, or your little runt will start crying for mom a lot more. Now, are you going to start telling us what we need?"
>>
>>43655705
Omg thanks, thats the ones! Phew!
>>
>>43655712
Savage technologist barbarian is less shit than gunslinger, if it helps.
>>
>>43655712
They recently made a new archetype for ranged Magi that I hear actually works well with guns. Dip in Spellslinger Wizard optional.
>>
>>43653359
>compulsion effect

I like doing this to people as GM because I know a lot of my players get off to it quietly.
>>
>>43655644
One of them is literally a black-white version of an already existing gray one.

>>43655635
Asura and Rakshasa.
>>
>>43655734
Savage technologist seems strictly inferior to gunslinger on the front of actually slinging guns though.
>don't get gunsmithing, quick clear, or free firearm

>>43655740
Do caster levels stack between spellcasting classes in terms of qualifying for item creation feats? Because my GM is a huge fan of paying us dirt-farmer levels of money and spacing character levels out by MONTHS
>>
>>43655777
Oh right.
Those two groups are so unremarkable I can't think of anything. I guess Rakshasa have animal heads sometimes.
>>
>>43655778
They don't, no.
>>
>>43655703
Which, again, is why with every post I've made about this I've said "talk to your DM and fellow players about it."

The fact is, there's very little reason why something with no mechanical effect whatsoever shouldn't be able to be added by a player or DM as necessary to make a mechanical effect work.

Hell, just change the way you phrase things. As your DM: "I succeeded on my Diplomacy check, what does my character notice about the NPC that they can use to make the NPC more friendly and willing to aid my character?"

You can't have a game where players are 100% in control of their actions, nor one where the GM is 100% in control of NPC actions. The rules dictate how PC/NPC interactions are determined according to a set of dice rolls, beyond that it's up to you and the DM to figure out what the exact in character exchange was.
>>
>>43655778
Just do full eldritch archer, it works well enough
>>
>>43655790
Then I think I'm going to have to give up on the idea, the feat investment to be a non-gunslinger gunslinger is fucking unreal, and I'd be waiting longer than a YEAR for my build to even function at an acceptable level.
>>
>>43655778
No, but if you forgo the normal Magical Lineage tricks you can pick up Magical Knack to fix your caster level. Alternatively, you can just suck it up and deal with being behind one caster level, possibly buying/crafting an Orange Prism Ioun Stone when you become able to afford it, OR you can not take a dip in Spellslinger.
>>
>>43655816
Oh yeah, I forgot about magical knack. That would help offset that nasty issue at least, but yeah any sort of dip is going to hurt REALLY badly in this campaign.

Though honestly I've already run out steam a few sessions in because it's about as generic as generic fantasy can get, and was already considering dropping it.
>>
>>43655848
To be honest that campaign sound horribad, I'd drop it, no game is better than a bad game.
>>
File: 1439518918987.jpg (81 KB, 704x816) Image search: [Google]
1439518918987.jpg
81 KB, 704x816
How useless would an unarmed/natural attack halfling destined bloodrager be?

How would one go about making it not useless? Would it even be possible to have a natural attack as a destined bloodrager?

I'm starting at level 2 and have 1500 gold to spend.
>>
>>43655888
There is always Weapon Finesse? Maybe get your DM to houserule the rage to just give ya +2 to attack and damage or some shit.
>>
>>43655877
Yeah it's kind of bad honestly. His logic behind the horrendously slow progression is that he wants us to "play characters, not stat blocks", seemingly unaware that stat blocks represent a decent chunk of what makes your character. It makes character building a nightmare when I have to consider anything above level 5 might as well not even exist for how far away it is.
>>
>>43655788
Rakshasha are animal head dudes who reincarnate
Asura are the god's fuckups, and they hate them for it
>>
>>43655888
It's not terribly viable, seeing that destined bloodline does not gain a natural attack.
However you could take the Bloody-knuckled Rowsy archetype for unarmed strike but that come online at level 3.

If you go destined I would recommend the Steelblood archetype to become even more resilient.
>>
>>43655950
Yeah, your DM is a retard, drop it. You can find better.
>>
File: Ghaele.jpg (63 KB, 489x853) Image search: [Google]
Ghaele.jpg
63 KB, 489x853
>>43655635
>Azatas are basically elf fairies who cares

Aren't they great?
>>
>>43655888
>Would it even be possible to have a natural attack as a destined bloodrager?
You could always go primalist and pick up beast totem.
>>
File: Brijidine.jpg (50 KB, 500x905) Image search: [Google]
Brijidine.jpg
50 KB, 500x905
>>43656022

That's one word I'd use for them.
>>
>>43655635
>good/evil aeons
>go around the planes doing whatever, from saving orphans to beating up those same orphans
>mess with alignments like it's nobodies business
>>
>>43656022
That's an awfully short skirt she's wearing. If she's suppose to be a warrior woman, you'd think Paizo wouldn't give her sexualized armor like that.

Well, at least it's not full-on chainmail bikini.
>>
>>43656069

>This elegantly armored sentinel stands alert, her eyes radiating divine light and her noble blade crackling with power.
>Ghaeles are the most knightly of the azatas, hunting fiends, dragons, and undead with equal vigor. Most appear like idealized humans or elves and are quick to smile—and equally quick to strike against those they perceive as wicked.

>AC 28, touch 16, flat-footed 26 (+4 deflection, +1 Dex, +1 dodge, +12 natural)

She's not actually wearing armor, it's technically just a trick of the light to make it look like she's wearing clothes because Ghaele are beings of raw light, and can in fact assume a Light Form as a standard action.
>>
>>43655984
>Bloody-Knuckled Rowdy
Seems like it's mostly what I'm looking for, but it's unfortunate that there are so many drawbacks. Would it be better to just avoid this archetype entirely and take Improved Unarmed Strike as a vanilla bloodrager instead?

>Steelblood
I was thinking about the Steelblood archetype, but I wanted to avoid heavy armor if at all possible. I'm sure he'd probably be harder to kill, but heavy armor doesn't really fit the character all that well.
>>
>>43656109
No, that would not be viable, your fist would only do 1d2 damage that way.
>>
File: 1435280912441.jpg (28 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
1435280912441.jpg
28 KB, 417x600
Can a small sized character wield a medium sized one-handed weapon with two hands?
>>
>>43656174

Unfortunately no, otherwise I'd be wielding a lot more Large-sized battleaxes with my human characters.
>>
>>43656174
At -2 penalty, yes.
>>
>>43656189
LAME.

Is there a feat or something you can take to wield larger weapons?
>>
>>43656212
>Is there a feat or something you can take to wield larger weapons?

No, because Paizo says "fuck you" to creative ways to handle weapons.

I don't think they quite grasp that a Greatsword is literally just a Large Longsword by the rules, and as such weapons should be allowed to scale that way.
>>
>>43656212
You can take a dip in Titan Fighter
>>
>>43656106
>just a trick of the light
it's an unavoidable one but it still makes me giggle
>>
>an adventure where everyone plays as Aeons being shuffled around the planes to make sure shit stays unfucked
Would you play it?
>>
>>43656361
Probably not. The ones that would be balanced to play are shitty blobs, and the humanoid ones are ridiculously strong, like pleromas. 20th-level cleric casting, sorc/wiz list on top of cleric list, wish as a SLA? Way too strong.
>>
>>43656502
It's a shame really. In concept a high powered game would be fun, but it basically becomes freeform RP the minute someone gets access to simulacrum and similar horrible gamebreaking mechanics.
>>
>>43656174
I usually say so. I had a fighter who swung around a cloud giant's dagger as a greatsword.
>>
>>43656601
Or you... don't use simulacrum and similar gimmicks? Just because it's there doesn't mean it's mandatory to use (dean make it any less shitty and broken design, but as players we have the option to be better than that.
>>
>>43656803
Also, as someone currently in a game with access to stupid TO gimmicks,it's anything but freeform rp. The trick is for the GM t throw hilariously overwhelming odds against you, since in a world where thst magic exists, you're definitely not the first to have it.
>>
>>43656361
>they all meet up in a tavern
>everyone is staring at them, either fearfully or with a hand on a weapon
>they just sit and pour beer all over their bodies in a poor imitation of drinking
>one of them.asks the barmaid for more, cycling the request through different languages to brute force through any possible language barriers
>they keep visiting
>eventually become known ad "those weird things that won't leave us alone
>adventures keep bursting in after hearing about the monsters that have made a visit there
>>
>>43655237
I guess when I say effective, I mean be a more interesting character with more things to do than just attack. He's been mainly Iron Tortoise.

Lvl1. Stats are 15, 11, 12, 12, 10, 16. 15pb. Feats are Noble Scion (war) and Imprived Init. Acrobat and Duelist gambits. Maneuvers are Blade of Breaking, Clockwatcher, Sands of Time Approach, Scything Strike, Offensive Roll, and Red Zephyr Strike. Stance is Scarlet. Einhander.
>>
>>43657122
Well if you want to do something other than attack, you need to take maneuvers that let you do things other than attack.

Strikes are all variations on attack roll + rider effect. If that's not something you're enjoying then maybe look for something else to focus on. In addition, Scarlet Throne is solidly mundane, you're not going to see any crazy effects like you would from Elemental Flux, Veiled Moon or Cursed Razor.

Is your character having trouble hitting? Are you not doing enough damage? Are you looking for better rider effects on your maneuvers (debuffs, movement shenanigans, action specific effects)? Look at some other disciplines maybe and see if anything interests you.
>>
I'm very new so if someone could clarify whether or not my idea is going to work, I'd really appreciate it.

Right now I'm making a halfling and I'd like to take the childlike feat.

>You can take 10 on Bluff checks to convince others you are telling the truth, so long as your story makes you appear innocent. You gain a +2 bonus on Disguise skill checks to pose as a human child, and ignore the check penalties for disguising yourself as a different race and age category while doing so.

Neither bluff nor disguise are class skills for me, so I'm not likely to have any points in either of them. I really want the feat for roleplaying purposes, but I'm not sure if it'll even be useful with 0 points in bluff or disguise. I also plan on taking pass for human down the line.

>You receive a +10 bonus on Disguise checks to disguise yourself as a human, and do not receive the penalty for disguising yourself as a member of another race when you do so. In areas largely populated or settled by humans, you can take 10 on your Disguise check, meaning most people tend to assume you are human unless given a reason to think otherwise.

So... is this worthwhile? Or no?
>>
>>43656803

Again, you need to realize that /pfg/ are robots and thus go for the most optimized builds 100% of the time.

It is literally impossible to convince someone from /pfg/ that a build not built to exploit as much as possible is a good design.
>>
>>43655778
>Savage technologist seems strictly inferior to gunslinger on the front of actually slinging guns though.

If you must, you can dip 1 level in gunslinger. It still ends up as a better character.
>>
>>43657271
Where ARE you putting your skill points and what are you playing? How's your charisma going to be? And what kind of campaign is it going to be, anyway?

Generally, I'd say it's not worthwhile to spend two feats for skill bonuses, especially if you're not even trying to max those skills. Feats are pretty precious, for most characters.
>>
>>43657385
You're confusing the entirety of /pfg/ with 2hufag.
>>
>>43657509
Well 2hufag is ver loud in vocalizing his shit opinion whenever builds come up.
I can see where the confusion comes from.
>>
>>43657502
Right now I have points in acrobatics, craft (alchemy), and perception. My charisma is at 18 currently. It's pretty likely that it's not going to be a very serious campaign, which means I should have some flexibility in terms of character creation. I definitely don't have to optimize.

In my limited knowledge I'd have to agree, but at the same time I'm tired of slapping power attack on every character I make just because it's the best.
>>
>>43657579
touhou isn't even that good of an anime
>>
>>43657580
What class? Social campaign, dungeon crawl, a mix of both or something else entirely?
>>
>>43657625
Bloodrager with the destined bloodline. We already have a barbarian so I'm not really looking to deal a ton of damage, mostly just wanting to be a distraction while everyone else kills things. Like I said, optimization isn't a big deal.

Probably a mix of both, leaning towards social.
>>
>>43657663
Honestly, if you aren't a threat, you aren't going to be a distraction either. If you can't actually hurt the enemy, they have no incentive to try and hurt you back, especially when there are /other/ people that /can/ actually hurt them.

Being hard to kill is all well and good, but it won't actually help anyone.
>>
>>43657753
That's sort of the point of the character. It's hard to explain.

Right now I have him with a syringe spear

>A successful hit with the spear injects the liquid contents of the container (typically poison) into the target.

full of human (well, in this case halfling) waste, so it doesn't really matter if he's dealing damage as long as he's present. Trying to attack anyone but me opens you up to being stabbed with a syringe full of shit. No one wants to be injected with shit.
>>
>>43657823
>Action: Refilling a syringe spear takes 1 minute.

So, once per combat, you're going to maybe inject someone with shit. While carrying around vials of your own feces? Good luck with that.
>>
>>43657855
>So, once per combat, you're going to maybe inject someone with shit.

That's the plan.

>While carrying around vials of your own feces?

He's got a serious jenkem addiction and he's got an affinity for alchemy, so he's going to have those either way.
>>
File: Doomguy.png (89 KB, 283x244) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.png
89 KB, 283x244
How do I Rip and Tear in Pathfinder, /pfg/?
>>
>>43657933
Natural weapon barbarian?
>>
>>43657609
Given that it isn't an anime...
>>
>>43657267
Since this is 15 pb with a Con/Cha race, my PoW options were really Warlord or Zealot, and I don't feel like tackling that hot mess right now. I was thinking Battle Wilder or Steelfist Commando, but Warder friend keeps telling me that those don't mesh with the flavor of reborn pharoah.
>>
>>43657933
>>43657971
With Beast Totem?
>>
>>43658043
As an aside, the first PoW I made was an EFlux/Primal Fury Mystic Centaur. Maybe Warlord was just too much of a step down?
>>
>>43657933
Mutation Warrior Fighter.

And your mutagens are your Berserker Packs.
>>
>>43658043
It's not up to your friend to decide what does or doesn't fit with your character concept. It's UP TO YOU (and only you).

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for from your character, but Path of War may not be it.

You could try something like a Daevic from Akashic Mysteries. They favor CON/CHA and have a couple subclass options that are great for that ruler vibe.

>>43658071
What did you like about the Mystic class? What do you feel you aren't getting from the Warlord that is keeping you from feeling like a ruler?

It's worth noting that level one is kind of shitty. Few, if any, character concepts are really good to go from level 1. You're usually missing more than a few important class features that really bring the flavor of the class to life.
>>
>>43657509
>You're confusing the entirety of /pfg/ with 2hufag.

Except I've seen anons on /pfg/ pull this before.
>>
Hey /pfg/, I'm setting up a game with a few imports from 3.5.
How do you feel about synergy bonuses for skills?
Is it too overpowered?
Should I use the rule as-is?
Should I rework it to function like Aid Another?
Should I leave the flawless pathfinder system alone and stop trying to "fix" it?
>>
>>43657271

Is there a reason you aren't using traits to get Bluff or Disguise as class skills? They're not hard to get with social traits, and the bonuses are significant with even one rank in the skill. 18 CHA will get you off to a respectable start, too.
>>
>>43658444
For the most part, an extra way to get a +2 to a few skills means jackshit, because spells >>>class abilities > skills

Also
>pathfinder
>flawless
More like so absurdly broken it can't be fixed.
>>
>>43658444
Synergy bonuses were more important because 3.5e punished you for multiclassing; Pathfinder doesn't need them because once a skill is a class skill, it's always one, and cross-class skills just don't get the +3 instead of 3.5e counting the ranks as halved.
>>
Can anyone direct me to the big downloads for all the PF stuff, Spheres, DSP, Genius Guides, and Drop Dead stuff? New computer and I lost everything.
>>
>>43658560
But anon, spells are class abilities.
>>
>>43658606
https://mega.nz/#F!Xdglia6b!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw

Not sure if that is the one but it seems to almost have everything.
>>
>>43658640
No, class abilities are stuff like +2 to saves vs. fear.
>>
>>43658679
No, that's a shit class ability. Difference.
>>
>>43658503
I'm using a trait to get bluff as a class skill, but I don't have a free trait for disguise. I can get a third trait by taking on a drawback though, right?
>>
So I'm making a Psychic Armory with their main reason for existing being that my current party has literally no martials at level 5. I want to take In Harms Way for both flavor and mechanical reasons. Is it worth it? Going with Hungry blade as a Blade Skill in order to maximize those AoOs as well. Basically trying to make step off my friends the character.
>>
>>43658698

That's an optional rule, so you'd need to ask your DM. Note that you can't take two traits from the same list, so if you took a social trait to get bluff, you can't take another social trait to get disguise. There are plenty of non-social traits that do this, though, like the regional trait Keeper of the Veil:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/keeper-of-the-veil-regional-qadira
>>
>>43658444
Nice trips
>>
>>43658811
Do trait bonuses stack? For example, if I have Liar's Tongue (+1 to bluff, bluff is always a class skill) and Keeper of the Veil (+1 to bluff/disguise, one is always a class skill), does that mean I get +2 to bluff, +1 to disguise, and both are class skills?
>>
>>43658851
Nope. Trait bonus, doesn't stack.
>>
Does anyone know of an actual complete 3.5 torrent, including Faerun and other official setting books? I know there's one around for the Dragon/Dungeon Mag collections.
>>
We just had our party summoner die, our party is currently made up of an inquisitor, a cavalier, and an aether kineticist. Any recommendations on what class we should bring in?
>>
>>43658895
Another summoner, but heavily armored and slinging Summoning SLA.
>>
Hey /pfg/, what's a Psion's favorite computer program?

Microsoft Powerpoint
>>
>>43659215
I had a sensible chuckle
>>
File: 1430829656927.png (214 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1430829656927.png
214 KB, 480x480
>>43659215
>>
File: 1377175468555.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1377175468555.png
3 KB, 184x172
Has anyone deviated so far from an AP that the DM was forced to start making up shit?

Because I think we might have done that in Jade Regent.
>>
>>43659381
What did you do? Golarion is full of lore, there's no asspull needed at all
>>
>>43659427
>Golarion is full of lore, there's no asspull needed at all

We said fuck it to traveling over the Crown of the World and have chosen to overland east, across Casmaron to embark on a merchant fleet across the Embaral Ocean to Tian Xia.
>>
>>43658152
It's not that he's telling me what's appropriate, he's just giving good points. The current dynamic is that he's the only person that's bought into by BS and is my faithful bodyguard, so our fluff is interwoven. While I had been considering Daevic, the DM only said PoW was explicitly allowed, so that's what I went with, as I had yet to use one as a player. (The aforementioned Mystic was a boss fight.) I'll ask about Daevic, otherwise I stop giving a shit and work towards Volcanic Mind.
>>
>>43659491
That's a big fuck it. Since there isn't much lore about that area, I would just use things that sound appropriate, then steer their wagon straight into the Pit of Gormuz.
>>
>>43659215
I want to see an exchange in one of DSP's books where this is delivered to the Iconic Psion by the Iconic Harbinger.
>>
File: 1.jpg (217 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
217 KB, 344x500
>>43659597
>Since there isn't much lore about that area

So far it's actually been pretty damn fun, we went through the blasted post-apocalyptic wilds that is Iobaria and started going through vast expanses of tall grass, as far as the eye can see.

It feels a lot like Central Asia, or maybe the Dothraki Sea. Probably both. Point is, we've ran into some tent cities and a few villages, one of which added a new NPC to the party in the form of our Cavalier's new wife, who is a shameless rip of Amira from A Bride's Story (only the Cavalier in this case is old enough to bed her.)

It's a really cute arrangement, truth be told. They're both adept horsemen but she prefers the bow.
>>
>>43659651
DSP should put quotes by iconics in their books more often. That was one od my favorite little fluff bits in 3.5 books.
>>
>>43659651
And the psion replies to the Harbinger: 'Well, it's not the worst claim you've ever made.'
>>
>>43659727
This is good taste m8
>>
>>43659737
Paizo does that with their books too, don't they? At least some of them anyway, like the AP books and the books that are more about setting and lore.
>>
File: 1444232863823.jpg (178 KB, 640x758) Image search: [Google]
1444232863823.jpg
178 KB, 640x758
>>43659727

>Using material from A Bride's Story for your campaign or love interests

... Shit, why didn't I think of this.
>>
>>43659727
that's adorable, and much better than paizowaifus.

I approve.
>>
File: thumbs_up.jpg (52 KB, 299x264) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.jpg
52 KB, 299x264
>>43659727
>>
How do you make an archer interesting, both from a mechanics standpoint and from fluff?
>>
>>43659727

I hope that Cavalier realizes just how lucky he is, if the DM is basing the NPC entirely off of Amira.

Shit, this is making me think a Casmaron campaign might be really fun.
>>
>>43659945

Mechanics:
1. Put as many shafts in the air as possible
2. Expert accuracy
3. Try to juggle #1 and #2
4. Archer built around disabling targets and making them trivial for the melee to mop up. Arrows to the arm, weapon, knee, etc.

Fluff:
1. You're an archer for the local militia or military
2. You're a trick shooter, doing this for a crowd's amazement or amusement.
3. Hobbyist, like /k/ with bows
4. Shit, /k/ with bows sounds kind of cool
>>
>>43660056

Expanding on mechanics:

1. Become Hawkeye, have an arrow for every situation.
2. Become a living railgun. Your arrows aren't as accurate as others, but when they hit they hit *hard.*
>>
>>43660092
That doesn't help with mechanics at all. HOW do you get trick arrows or target specific body parts by RAW? HOW do you make your arrows hit harder than anyone else with feats, class features, abilities, spells, etc?

That's what mechanics are. Everything you've listed is concept at best.
>>
>>43660153

Have you looked at any of the archery feats? They make pretty clear which ones do what. Take them as needed to make your character do what you want.

You cal also go the ranger/zen archer/eldritch archer/arcane archer routes and pick classes with class features that enhance the arrows you fire.

tl;dr shooting arrows is like swinging a weapon. Yeah, you want your character to do that, but what else do you want them to do?
>>
What's a good AP where I can exterminate whatever Golarion's version of muslims are?
>>
>>43660249

Wrath of the Righteous, probably.
>>
>>43660249

>>>/pol/
>>
>>43652765
>"How much do a class/archetype's name and default flavor matter to you?"

I play a kindly doctor who never carries a weapon and always uses nonlethal damage if he is forced into a fight.

The character is a vivisectionist alchemist with the catch off-guard and enforcer feats. I'll be damned if I'll play a rogue, I've seen the suffering of that life.
>>
>>43660249
>tfw we will never have an AP in Taldor
>the players are Lion Blade recruits, young Tadlan nobles, Ulfen Guard hopefuls, followers of Aroden and members of the bardic Shadow Schools hoping to recapture Taldor's past glory
>war breaks out with Qadira spearheaded by the Dawnflower Cult, south-eastern Avistan is thrown into chaos
>the players start as guards and servants of the Emperor before becoming embroiled in a coup by his daughter
>Stavian the third is killing Taldor by inches, rerouting gold for his decadence by draining the military coffers, leaving the empire's borders undermanned
>they depose Stavian and place the new Empress on the throne, becoming her personal problem solvers
>the players lead the effort to push Qadira back and save Avistan from the ruthless expansion of the Padishah Empire of Kelesh
>Taldor rises again and the players create the foundation for a new golden age of Avistan
>>
File: JJ and Taldor.png (45 KB, 1386x288) Image search: [Google]
JJ and Taldor.png
45 KB, 1386x288
>>43660672

Pic related is a reminder why this will never happen.

Pic related, and JJ admitting he is deeply uncomfortable with the idea of making the Dawnflower Cult a hostile, yet non-evil, organization.
>>
File: aasimar_bird.jpg (102 KB, 297x573) Image search: [Google]
aasimar_bird.jpg
102 KB, 297x573
where can I find Occult Realms material? waiting for Wednesday as a non subscriber is hard
>>
>>43661207
What do you want from it?
>>
>>43661085
>he is deeply uncomfortable with the idea of making the Dawnflower Cult a hostile, yet non-evil, organization.
Maybe it would be a good idea to not introduce an antagonistic group based off of a real-world religion/culture if you're unwilling to portray the actual bad things they do?
Fucking Paizo.
>let's put not!Muslims in the world!
>but they all have to be positive role models
>>
>>43661252
psi-tech discoveries, mindtech discipline and the idol rules
>>
>>43661277
In the first place I wonder why a NG cult of a NG goddess of redemption is always caught doing weird shit
>>
>>43661321
Aren't they Neutral and tolerate slavery? Also, fond of killing unbelievers?
Shouldn't that make them Evil?
>>
File: Occult Realms 12-13.jpg (1 MB, 5020x3200) Image search: [Google]
Occult Realms 12-13.jpg
1 MB, 5020x3200
>>43661285
Idols are kind of meh, not really something you can do as a PC without some serious long-term investment.
>>
How do you come up with an interesting backstory/motivation?
>>
>>43661370
>It literally begins with OVER NINE THOUSAND

Intentional?
>>
Does anyone have the new player races from bestiary 5?
Also, intelligent ooze race when?
>>
>>43661277
>>43661321
>>43661349

>The Cult of the Dawnflower it is a well-meaning but militant sect of the Church of Sarenrae. It is very popular and influential in Qadira, and was one of the groups lobbying for the eventual Qadiran intervention in Osirion.
>Once Osirion was brought under the control of Keleshite satraps in the name of the Emperor, it was public policy to encourage the worship of Sarenrae as a means of bringing Osirion closer to the Empire. As a result, the cult established itself in Osirion as well. The Cult’s growing popularity alarmed successive satraps, and in 2217 AR, the cult’s leaders were exiled to the deserts of Thuvia.
>In 2253 AR the satrap was found dead in one of his fountains, with sunflowers in his mouth. The Cult returned from exile in Thuvia, and the new ruler of Osirion was an independent Keleshite sultan rather than a satrap ruling in the name of the emperor.
>Centuries later, when Khemet I ousted the last sultan and restored the rule of Osirian pharaohs, the Cult of the Dawnflower and the Church of Sarenrae in general were instrumental in his rise to power. In fact, they had entered into a secret alliance with Khemet a year before his official proclamation of rulership.

>Well-meaning but militant sect

It's hypocritical as shit how Paizo has no problems with jamming "safe" things into their campaigns but they aren't willing to even approach the topic of radical religion. Sarenrae is the biggest example of this and yet she's effectively made out as the most important and bestest "major" religion in Golarion.
>>
>>43661403
There is a 3pp ooze race, if that works.
>>
>>43661455
I've seen it.
They seem pretty cool, if not all that oozy.

I was thinking of making a brawler one so I can get Gang Beasts kind of thing going.
>>
>>43661085
Not that I don't think it's a shame we'll never get a Taldor AP about rebuilding the empire, but where in there is he actually saying he's uncomfortable with making the Dawnflower Cult an opposing organization to the PCs?

>>43661370
>"Psychic stuff is okay in fantasy, it's different from sci-fi."

>"Here's how to make your psychic stuff sci-fi in your fantasy."

I'm not sure whether I should be annoyed that they're playing into such a common complaint, or pleased that they're doing it after having done a subversion of it, which will hopefully warm people up into accepting the idea more. Probably the second, but seeing as it's based on using Paizo's psychic stuff instead of psionics in the first place, it's a little moot as even people that are chill with the idea will now point to first-party psychic stuff when a players asks to do a psychic or psionic character.
>>
>>43661277
>Maybe it would be a good idea to not introduce an antagonistic group based off of a real-world religion/culture if you're unwilling to portray the actual bad things they do?

Anon... Paizo thinks the Cult of the Dawnflower are the good guys. They were the Milani before Milani existed.

The only reason they are suggested as enemies is because a couple people working at Paizo are losing their shit over JJ trying to jam his obsession with spunky underdogs subverting a lawful society into yet another AP. Rob won't accept this, Rob outright refuses this, which is what you see in >>43661085.
>>
File: Occult Realms 60-63.jpg (2 MB, 5020x6400) Image search: [Google]
Occult Realms 60-63.jpg
2 MB, 5020x6400
>>43661285
>>43661370
And here's the Idol stuff. Like I said, not great.
>>
>>43661403
>+2 any ability score
>Medium humanoid (human, slimeblood)
>Acid resistance 5
>+1 skill point per level
>Languages Common (any bonus)

Slimeblood creatures are related to slimes and typically have odd, squishy anatomy or are unnaturally malleable. They count as slimes in addition to their other types and subtypes for effects and prerequisites relating to type. They do not gain any other qualities of the type unless another source grants it.
>Members of this race are treated as having the heritage feat "Mixed Blood" for the purpose of prerequisites.
>>
>>43661483
>but where in there is he actually saying he's uncomfortable with making the Dawnflower Cult an opposing organization to the PCs?

It's not in that picture, but it's something that was buzzing around the Paizo forums and sort of made it's way into /pfg/ when Taldor discussions came up.

The situation with Taldor and the Cult of the Dawnflower feels way too reminiscent of radical Islam trying to overthrow the West, it's a topic they have no interest in trying.

Which, as said in >>43661411, is hypocritical because Paizo gushes about how they're tolerant and progressive yet they refuse to touch on issues that actually have heft to them, instead aiming for "oh, we got transgender people in our games" or "look at that, a woman wanting to save her woman lover, how subversive!"
>>
>>43661537
So, a human who chooses mixed blood(ooze) for their first bonus feat?
>>
>>43661403
I tried to make a basic outline of one

>Oozemen
>+2 Con +2 Str -2 Int
>can do the thing spines do where they can slip into tiny spaces, but always default into a humanoid form
>get a slam attack
>they can take feats to give the slam elemental damage
>look like vaguely people shaped blobs
>>
File: 1444581352176.jpg (36 KB, 380x438) Image search: [Google]
1444581352176.jpg
36 KB, 380x438
>>43661537
>typically have odd, squishy anatomy or are unnaturally malleable.
>>
>>43661370
I'd scream too if somoene show a laser beam at my palm.
>>
>>43661595
Basically, yeah. They could probably fit a slam attack or something in there if you want to be as potent as the Bloodforge races.
>>
>>43661370
Oh boy. Paizo actually does a thing involving technology, and it's for the class nobody gave a fuck about.
>>
>>43661711
What's the opinion of the Psychic over on Paizo's forums? Or the Occult classes in general? I know we have at least a few people who also have accounts over there. Were they disappointed to see GENERIC FULL CASTER VERSION X.0 too?
>>
File: PF Shabti.jpg (111 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
PF Shabti.jpg
111 KB, 773x1000
>>43661403
I don't have the screencaps that QANON posted but there's Astomoi which are weird neutral faceless space people, handsomish playable darkfolk that are lame because they aren't mummies, sasquatch guys, almost-deep ones, and Shabti, which I have a picture for because they're in Mummy's Mask.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.