[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tg/ I've got a potential problem on the horizon. My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 7550.jpg (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7550.jpg
127 KB, 500x500
So /tg/ I've got a potential problem on the horizon. My group is just about to finish our campaign and we're playing 50 Fathoms Next.

I've got 6 players, 3 guys, 3 girls.

Anyway, one of my guys decides he's gonna play a female character. Honestly no problem he isn't That Guy but then one of the girls figures since we've got 4 out of 6 why not have an all female crew?

One of the other guys had no problem since he's playing a crab person and figures it wouldn't make much of a difference.

The last guy's uncomfortable RPing the opposite gender. Probably just drop it there but another one of the girls says it wouldn't be any weirder than playing another race and won't let up on it, almost seems offended by it.

Sensing a lot of tension between the two. What the hell should I do /tg/? I just wanted them to have fun being pirates.
>>
>>43647378
Tell them to stop being weird and let the guy play what he wants to
>>
Make her RP a dude? I dunno man. It sounds like it's a him or her situation, and honestly, she's the one pushing somebody to do something they're uncomfortable with. Tell her to knock it off cause if it comes down to it, he's the one that's gonna get to stay.
>>
>>43647378
If the girl is that offended at the idea of men in her all-female party, she's probably a Tumblrette. You should just kick her now to avoid further troubles.
>>
>>43647431
Weird thing is she wasn't even the one to suggest it.

Just seems offended that he has a problem playing a woman.
>>
>>43647505
Tell her to get the fuck over it. It's not her character. If she starts causing problems tell her to stop. If she's That Girl, kick her to the curb. There is zero reason for her to be offended by this guy's insecurities, and as such she's in the wrong.
>>
>>43647505
Suggest that she play a transgendered mongoloid dwarf quadruple amputee.

Feign offense when she dares to say that she doesn't want to and and start spouting bullshit about how she's being so offensive and ableist right now.
>>
>>43647378

I don't care for players who can't or won't RP the opposite gender either. The girl probably isn't as much offended as she is scornful, and I bet the guy's shitty excuses aren't helping any either. She's right that it's no weirder than playing another race, and the guy just has a silly hangup about it. /tg/ is full of autismos who'll defend him not because the girl is being pushy but because they don't think males should/can RP females and vice versa.

That said, it's still not worth making a big deal out of it. She should just drop it and leave it be.
>>
>>43647378
Don't force him to be a girl, that's no fun.
I'd suggest he have a backstory that allows him to be a part of the crew that would otherwise have been an all female crew, and potentially still take advantage of the reputation.

>Examples
The crew of the femfatale kidnapped the heir of a powerful noble, but when the noble refused to pay ransom the crew put him to work.
Turns out he's a competent sailor who was trained in [main skill], and they eventually just let him join in their adventures.

His character was the one who put the crew together.
For whatever reason he chose to hire all women.
He regrets this decision, but having a trademark is good for business.

The crew wanted to capitalize on their assets, so they hired a [Fitness instructor/Tailor/Choreographer/Opinionated Gay guy].
Turns out he's also a competent member of the crew.

I'm quite partial to having him as a straight man or whipping boy with no real explanation.

>Other simple ideas
He's the sexy face man they keep around to seduce their primarily female cast of rivals.
They keep him around to lift heavy shit... like cannonballs and rum barrels.
The crew never intended to be all female, it just so happens that people like to exaggerate.
He's really good at something, and they took him along for the edge he provides.
>>
Rape the slut and tell her to just roleplay enjoying it god women are all fucking retarded whores maybe a cock up her ass can help her realize not to tell men what to do.
>>
>>43648256
+1 post
>>
>>43647505
She just might like the idea of the plot of an all female crew. I had a guy almost ruin an all rogue party because he wanted to be a druid.

He ended up using rats to steal rings and shit. Had the game gone longer he was going to start assassinating people with rats.
>>
>>43647505
>>43647614
>>43647661
>>43648539
Why not compromise? We all know of the good ol' Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity from BG. Poor idjit put it on and is now stuck as a woman. Sure, he RP's a man, but from all appearances he's a chick. Sort of what I did with Minsc to run an otherwise all fem BG party.
>>
>>43647378
>The last guy's uncomfortable RPing the opposite gender. Probably just drop it there but another one of the girls says it wouldn't be any weirder than playing another race and won't let up on it, almost seems offended by it.
He's being a bit odd about this, I'd say try talking to him, but you seem to already be doing that, so just don't force him to play one
You could suggest alternatives though, like a "girl" who's always wearing stuff so thick no one can tell she's a she (or if she's actually a he), one butch enough no one can tell either, a cabin boy they let join the crew cause he's not a man yet, a cabin boy they let join the crew as long as he keeps it a secret he's a guy from most of the crew, ect
But don't force him even if an all girl pirate party sounds fun
>>
File: z20151119.jpg (173 KB, 850x1203) Image search: [Google]
z20151119.jpg
173 KB, 850x1203
Be a Bunny Babe
>>
>>43650694
Male bunny babe?
>>
>>43648235
>being this big a kek

baka senpai
>>
>>43648256
>He's the sexy face man they keep around to seduce their primarily female cast of rivals.
I think the idea of the rival party's main goal being to kidnap/seduce/drug-and-rape the only male member of the party is hilarious.

Bonus points for the rival party's face accusing them of trying to keep such a sexy guy to themselves.
>>
>>43648315
You sound like an extremely well-adjusted individual.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.