[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system really captures the 'feel' of James Bond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Jaws_james_bond.jpg (11 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Jaws_james_bond.jpg
11 KB, 316x316
What system really captures the 'feel' of James Bond /tg/?

Alternatively we could just stat Jaws in our favourite systems?
>>
>>43635305
How about Victory Games ol' rpg called, coincidentally, James Bond RPG. Jaws is stated in there and everything.
>>
>>43635305
Ninjas and Superspies does a good job of it, if you can deal with the Palladium system. Gageteer Agents are pretty much James Bond, and since the game is compatible with the rest of the Pal universe, you can fight space elves or giant robots or aliens or whatever, or just other spies.

Barring that, >>43635552 this.
>>
File: carey lowell.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
carey lowell.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>43635552
Indeed
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/u56lcer8lg9gf/James_Bond_RPG
Scenarios are altered slightly so that you won't be spoiled if you've seen the movie, and because of copyright they had to use "Skorpios" and "TAROT" instead of Blofeld and SPECTRE. But there is a serious emphasis on keeping the feel of the movies.
>>
>>43635588
>the Palladium system.

I'm pretty sure that by definition makes it a bad game.
>>
>>43635552
This. Captures the feel, the essence and as it was created for James Bond, it works perfectly. Don't need any other system.
Your mileage may vary if you use it for other spy settings though, such as Bourne, but for Bond, look no further,
>>
>>43636832
If convoluted is bad, but I have had fun with it several times.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4UDNzXD3qA
Shadowrun
>>
>>43635305
Size/Type: Large Giant
Hit Dice: 4d8+11 (29 hp)
Initiative: –1
Speed: 30 ft. in hide armor (6 squares); base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (–1 size, –1 Dex, +5 natural, +3 hide armor), touch 8, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: greatclub +8 melee (2d8+7) or javelin +1 ranged (1d8+5)
Full Attack: greatclub +8 melee (2d8+7) or javelin +1 ranged (1d8+5)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +1
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 8, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 7
Skills: Climb +5, Listen +2, Spot +2
Feats: Toughness, Weapon Focus (greatclub)
Environment: Temperate hills
Organization: Solitary, pair, gang (3–4), or band (5–8)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2
>>
>>43637255
>No bite
Heresy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uzxanhGeA
>>
File: ff_thesecretofmysuccess.jpg (316 KB, 959x1200) Image search: [Google]
ff_thesecretofmysuccess.jpg
316 KB, 959x1200
>>43635597
>But there is a serious emphasis on keeping the feel of the movies.

Not OP, but could you give us a summary of how the game works?
>>
>>43637255
>CHA 7

Have you even seen bond movies?
>>
File: 1412881668532.jpg (22 KB, 358x392) Image search: [Google]
1412881668532.jpg
22 KB, 358x392
>>43635305
>See thread
>Read through for the expressed purpose of finding the idiot who would inevitably suggest spycraft.
>Nobody suggested it
Thanks /tg/ you done good today.
>>
>>43642608
Got a problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 254x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 254x346
>>43635552

Excellent game! I have ran I few sessions of this game and the mechanics are really good. It is probably hands down the best RPG that you can play with only one PC.
>>
>>43635597
>Scenarios are altered slightly so that you won't be spoiled if you've seen the movie
Can confirm. Ran You Only Live Twice, the plot this time is about a crashed USSR bio-weapon satellite, recovered by TAROT. The Agents have six or so days to uncover the plot, find the main hideout, as well as the undersea research lab, and stop the release of the virus into the sea (which causes two decades of suffering for Japan, and a breakdown of east-west relations) or and/or preventing Skorpios from fleeing to Dr. No's Caribbean lab

Two interesting and notable things came of this campaign, the first kill from a PC happened very late in the story, and I accidentally created a meme because of my inept GMing. It is now customary to loudly declare "EVERYTHING'S FINE" when it is in fact, not.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.