[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passable Counterfeits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20151106065311.jpg (763 KB, 2048x1368) Image search: [Google]
20151106065311.jpg
763 KB, 2048x1368
Hey /tg/ I recently acquired some counterfeit magic cards, and although they look pretty good, you can still tell they are just proxies. Are there any places to get proxies that will pass for real at a tournament?
>>
>>43627676
The good ones will pass because nobody will pay enough attention to them.
But the feeling I'm getting from proxies is that they send you anything they printed even the fuck-ups: Yesterday I recived 2 bretty gud goyfs but 4 shitty ensnaring bridges and 4 terrible aether vial. The bridges were almost black and the vials were all blurry.

In general my experience is:
God tier:
Damnation, Bitterblossom, Shocklands

Pretty good:
Goyf (MM), Snapcaster, Cavern of souls, the original duals, Liliana

Meh:
Thoughseize, Mutavault, Enemy fetches, Blood moon, Cryptic command

Bad:
Aether vial, Ensnaring bridge
>>
>>43627932
BTW I'm talking about the expensive proxies, not the 0.5$ each ones
>>
>>43627676
tournament why would they care?
>>
I paid about $200 for mine and I'm generally pleased with them. There were some obvious duds with glaring spelling errors, font problems, the wrong mana symbols, etc. The majority, however, are very difficult to detect as counterfeit in sleeves.
>>
>>43628169
Do you have Wasteland, Rishadan Port, Wooded Foothills and Arid Mesa?
I need opinion on those.

Oh, and I forgot to add Leyiline of sanctity to my list >>43627932 it's God tier too.
>>
>>43627950
Where do you buy them from?
>>
>>43628347
Stoneman on skype
>>
>>43628216

The Wastelands are spot on, I didn't buy Rishadan Port or any fetchlands.
>>
>>43628755
Well, thanks.
Maybe we should make a list of what proxies are safe to buy.
>>
I bought from Stone Man quite awhile ago, first bought a single set of the Legacy set, probably their second print run. Pretty much all of the older cards looked spot on, the modern cards were hit and miss. Liliana, Natural Order, Fulminator Mage and Dark Confidant all had glaring errors with them. Cards also felt super glossy to the touch, even more so than CMD or other supplementary products, could tell they were off.

A few months later I bought 4x Modern Sets so that I'd have playsets of pretty much every modern staple, and I'm very very happy with them.

All of the shocks are a bit lighter than they should be, and the Misty Rainforst's tap symbol is darker than intended. The Linvala's are pretty shoddy looking, the shading on the wings looks very very muddy. The Kiki-Jiki's that I got all look they have bolded text which throws them off a bit.

All of that being said, I put all of the playsets in the front of a binder for people to look at when they're looking at my trades, saying that they aren't for trade of course, but I've only had one person remark that anything about them looks even the slightest bit off, and that was with the Blood Crypts which looked lighter than they should be. Also they fixed the glossy feel, they now feel somewhere in between normal pack cards and supplementary cards.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.