[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in most games, Clerics are typically lawful (good) and can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Cleric turning undead.jpg (107 KB, 900x529) Image search: [Google]
Cleric turning undead.jpg
107 KB, 900x529
So in most games, Clerics are typically lawful (good) and can turn undead.

So why shouldn't Clerics of chaos be able to turn constructs?
>>
Because no one has thought of it before. Go write something about it now.
>>
>>43620466
>>43620442
Hurry the fuck up OP.
>>
.... because they totally can in a lot of settings? Or lawful beings? Or machines?
>>
Evil and Chaotic clerics can turn/rebuke undead. It's because Clerics were based off Van Hellsing and were pretty much supposed to be badass vampire hunters.
>>
>>43620442
Because constructs aren't especially lawful.
>>
File: Turn undead cleric.jpg (93 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Turn undead cleric.jpg
93 KB, 400x400
>>43620466
>>43620502

What do you want me to post exactly? I already gave you the concept.

Here.

>Law and Chaos
Clerics usually represent two sides of the universal coin. Law or Chaos. There is another coin too, good and evil. The concept of good and evil, however, is sometimes difficult to quantify. Law and Chaos however are far simpler.

The creations of necromancers are turned and destroyed by Clerics of the Law. This is because they are creatures of entropy, breakdown, and wrongness from birth. Though magic users may follow set patterns and rituals to create such creatures, many of them arrive naturally through pathos, miasma, and a myriad of curses. Lawful clerics turn these away from themselves, they are powerless against their holy light, as it breaks the undead back into the empty shells they are meant to be.

Clerics of Chaos, on the other hand, turn away the constructs and creations of a rational mind. Constructs are unnatural too, but in an entirely different way. Their entire being is constructed and set upon with great deliberation. Remember that a chaotic cleric sees life and death as parts of a natural cycle, they prefer wild places and lands as their homes instead of the endless and static cities of stone and so forth. This shapes their viewpoint and shows why a creature created of stone and carved to serve its mission without mind or change is an abomination. At least undead can go feral, grow a mind, or betray their master. A golem will never do so, and as such they are anathema to what the universe is.
>>
File: Modron.jpg (55 KB, 580x764) Image search: [Google]
Modron.jpg
55 KB, 580x764
OH! And how could I forget Modrons? Modrons are totally turnable by a Chaos cleric. I can see modrons as being among the prime evils for a choatically aligned cleric's religion.
>>
File: 1246239745759.jpg (45 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
1246239745759.jpg
45 KB, 640x484
>>43620532
>It's because Clerics were based off Van Hellsing
[citation needed]
>>
File: Ygorl01 (1).jpg (54 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
Ygorl01 (1).jpg
54 KB, 250x252
>>43620442
I personally think they should be able to just generally spoil any kind of machinery, cause cogs to jam and so on.
Entropy is a bitch.
>>
>>43620442
It's not based on Lawfulness. All Good Clerics could turn undead. All Evil Clerics could make undead into followers. All Neutral Clerics could make undead not give a shit.

You suck. Your thread sucks. Your face is weird. Your hair is doo doo.
>>
>>43620567

What the fuck is she even doing in this pic.

> behold, my shiny boobplate!
>>
File: 1446345982080.jpg (393 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1446345982080.jpg
393 KB, 960x960
>>43621175
Power Word: Die Cis Scum.
>>
>>43620442
Law Chaos
Good Evil

Possitive Negative energy

Clerics can turn undead because they are positive energy creatures.
Evils ones attempt to control them through their power.

If you are looking for an opposites perhaps Evil Negative energy Creatures can turn the living and the good neg ones can rebuke/command the living
>>
>>43620442
>Tell me why Clerics of Chaos shouldn't be able to turn anything
>that has structured molecules
>and exists in linear time
>>
>>43621198
>Smite Male
>Protection from Heterosexual
>Chromatic Trigger
>>
>>43621020
>It's because Clerics were based off Van Hellsing
>[citation needed]

Back in the very very early days of D&D, one of the players was a vampire (this was back when Elf was a class). Another player wanted to make a character to counter the vampire's player, so they homebrewed up what eventually came to be known as the D&D cleric - a half-fighter with holy magic.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.