[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favourite base colour for SM Chapters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 758095knightsofgryphonnechamp1.jpg (137 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
758095knightsofgryphonnechamp1.jpg
137 KB, 629x800
A slightly different "what is your favourite chapter" thread.
I really like the few space marine chapters with orange as their main palette.
Gives them a heroic glow and it is a shame not more chapters use this wonderful colour.

Anyway, what colour makes you tickle for chapters, no matter how lame their fluff and crunch might be?
>>
File: orangebike.jpg (18 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
orangebike.jpg
18 KB, 400x317
>>43618658
I mean, who wouldn't want to follow this dashing bike into glorious death?
>>
>>43618658

Blue, since I'm a blue guy. White or black also look good.

I hate red and red related colors.
>>
>>43618703
I would agree on you with red chapters, just not on related colours obviously
>>
>>43618724

Most chapters, even ones with colors I don't fancy, like red, purple, green, etc, look great when you add some black to them like you did. Salamanders, Flesh Tearers, and Forge World do this a lot.
>>
>>43618731
Ahh I didn't paint these, just random pictures from google. I don't actually play, I just like the miniatures mostly, and RPG related games.
>>
Gray, especially with blue or another 'cool' color, It's what I made my marines.
>>
>>43618944
Hmm got a pic?
By description it doesn't scream "Emperors Chosen", fear me for I am death incarnate, at least to me.
I really like the statements of the flashy colour schemes.
>>
>>43618658
I like Blue, though I don't really like Space Wolves or Ultramarines.
>>
>>43619077
Gimme a sec and i'll show a pic of my WIP Land Raider. I don't have any infantry sadly, as this is my only project at the moment.
>>
>>43619077
>>43619220
This is what I'm talking about. I enjoy the more morbid aspect of Space Marines, uncaring and only wanting to get the job done. I also play them as Iron Hands however, so that's probably why the dark colors and edgy concept.
>>
>>43619243
I like it. Mostly gray and practical, but with a small splash of color to still show they care about showing some pride.
>>
>>43619243
Hmm well too cold coloured for me,
Sounds dangerously close to heresy as well :)
>>
>>43619283
The infantry are about the same, with a blue base and gray highlights. It keeps a nice cold look on them, and compliments each other pretty nice.

>>43619294
Cold is a better way to describe it other than cool, thank you for reminding me. And have you read what the Iron Hands did during a Slaanesh purging? The executed a third of the sector population. Not killed, executed. Also used the IG like cannon fodder, and gave no fucks when they died in droves.
>>
>>43619327
Sounds like some Chapter Master secretly serves Khorne and offers a lot of skulls for a certain throne.
Better alert the inquisition :)
>>
>>43619294
>>43619327
>>43619354
Being cold and unfeeling is actually rather far from typical heresy, since most heresy stems from emotion.

Might fall towards Nurgle if the cards go bad, but it's not really more heretical than most chapter's attitudes.
>>
>>43619354
>>43619371
Have to remember, Iron Hands don't actually have many emotions, since they kind of delete them in a pretty unhealthy way (but cutting off your own hand is pretty unhealthy too). It's implied that when they actually DO let go though, they're batshit crazy and remember shit like Istvaan and Ferrus dying.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.