[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Binding of Isaac campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 530x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 530x308
So I entertained the idea if a campaign or setting in style of Binding of Isaac. You have to go down the dungeon once you enter it, you can't leave. Your methods of improving your stats or abilities, beyond class levels(which could be done away with or stripped of special stuff) is through consuming meat of beasts or using special objects or potions or such you find in dungeon, all of them having physical effect on your body... And maybe even affecting your mind. The stronger the bonus, the greater the effect and could In some cases carry drawbacks(toughness too high and speed or Dex too low? You can barely move but are durable, like a statue or such)

Have players the mental changes.

The goal could be a wish. Or maybe this is purgatory and it is your judgment? Maybe the monsters are those who abandoned all reason and gave in to instincts?

Even if you get to the end, will you still be yourself?

Entertaining idea of ever present hunger to encourage eating beasts. If going with purgatory idea, could be that people still remain aware and feel pain when shredded to a bloody pulp, until their essence is devoured by someone seeking strength.

Thoughts?
>>
>>43617350
DId it, made the whole point of it eating Placenta.
Fucking players were usually inattentive and unimaginative. First time I saw them get excited just to see what would happen when they shove that sweet red goop down.

I say go for it.
>>
>>43617887
Really? Huh.

Odd that no one else seems interested in this concept
>>
It seems like a fun idea, one Ive briefly tossed around as well.

The main problem would be conveying that rogue like feel without just literally making a meat grinder to throw your players into. Realistically, it would be much better as a board game than as a TTRPG.

That being said, I would totally try a BOI RPG. The main challenge would be making sure that combat is interesting and quick enough that it doesnt just turn into dice rolling simulator. The body horror aspect would be fun to play with but youd have to consider making sure that someone who says no to that sort of thing still has a chance (potentially by including a 'divine reward' sort of mechanic).

Youd also need a large list of items to pull from that are different enough to not necessarily be redundant. Some items being strictly horrible and almost character ruining while others that have excellent power but can get you killed easily (Im looking at you Ipecac).

Youd also have to include synergies and anti synergies between the items and potentially transformations, ala Guppy.

It would take a lot of work but I think it would be pretty cool.
>>
>>43621999
To be fair, it won't be straight up clone of Binding of Isaac. It's mostly concept. Items and meat of monsters and potions would have different effects. That means the GM has to make the items on their own.

Also, no need to make every room be just a fight room. There are many other stuff you can do with this horror-bodyhorror concept
>>
>>43621999
>mid campaign party

>ipecac+whip worm+spoon bender artillery support
>Dr Fetus+Pyromaniac+Squeezy close in barbarian
>Soymilk+Pisces+speed ups enemy manipulator
>Brimstone+Meat+Magic mushroom+Ludovico party wizzard

yeah, I'd play this...

>>43622096
you light look at Nechronica for ideas actually.
yes I know it's japanese fetish-bait to some people, but it's got the horror and body-horror things DOWN.
>>
>>43622096
I can't help but think that borrowing some bits from original Isaac might help.
>>
>>43622649
never played the original isaac, thought Rebirth was just a reskin...

what changed?
>>
>>43622674
Rebirth put a hell of a lot more stuff into it.
>>
>>43622163
I've never seen the fetish bit in nechronia, it's always just seemed like "undead abominations in an a postapoc world."

It's one that's always seemed neat as a game but doubtful as to ever getting to play innit.
>>
>>43623089
yeah I didn't see the fetishy stuff either.

but my point was to look at the mutations/addons section for ideas about what to include as items...

and again, the combat system is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>43623721
Yeah, it's always seemed decent as a combat system. My only guess is that the default age for the characters is at the approx loli age and with how the char relationships pan out?

I'd probably up-age it if I played or ran it anyway.
>>
BoI is a great model to use if you want a quick one shot dungeon. Used it when I was low on players and couldn't move the plot forward.

Going more in-depth would be easy enough, but if you want the true Binding experience, you need to nerf everything fun and make sure nothing is ever playtested.
>>
Just popped in to say this: Widow can go fuck itself with a chainsaw.
RNGesus decides to just give me Guppy's head and two coins for Basement 1, and then throws Black Widow at me. Why can't I stop playing?
>>
>>43629181
Widow is nothing. Fucking Haunt ended more of my Lost runs than any other boss. That and bloody spiders.
Though I did finally manage to get Godhead, before the expansion came out thankfully or I'd have had to add Mega Satan and Hush to the list before getting it.

Anyway, on topic, any clue what to use for system? D&D doesn't seem to be very well made for it...
Actually, Dark Heresy has some decent Corruption and Insanity mechanics, along with horrifying descriptions of what exactly happens on crits etc. though the sci-fi part of the ruleset would clash with BoI's feel.
>>
>>43629864
Hear ya on the spiders. Unpredictable movements and their ability to dodge 90% of the shots at them drive me mad.
Working on 7 years bad luck atm, have only beat the main game about 3 or so times.
On the system, maybe Risus? Or hell, outta left field, Exalted, specifically Lunars, with the corruption and body-change stuff.
>>
>>43622674
A lot changed actually, but pretty much everything was upgraded instead of downgraded. The only thing I can think of that they downgraded was Dr Fetus.

Besides that, changing devil rooms so they didnt always have deals and adding in lots of synergies and items as well as a good number of new enemies and bosses, including reworks of a lot of the later bosses to increase their difficulty.
>>
>>43629864
You have to do them now for Godhead? That sucks. At least now you can unlock the Holy Mantle as a starting item for the Lost through Greed Mode now.
>>
>>43617350
>Isaac campaign
>you don't play as the kid
would you still play it if you were a disgusting monster?
>>
>>43629864
100% agree, the Haunt is very difficult as a Basement level boss. The Stain is my new least favorite though, he is such a bullet hell at such an early point in the game.

>>43631377
How do you unlock it for the Lost, saw that achievement and tried to check the wiki with no luck. I've already beat Greed mode as the Lost, do you have to deposit coins at the end?

>>43631459
>would you still play it if you were a disgusting monster?
Isn't becoming a monster the whole point of the game and it's plot?
>>
>>43631615
I'm tempted to say Rag Man might be tougher than the Haunt. If not him, then definitely the Double Trouble Rag Man I got on Burning Basement XL this evening.

The Holy Mantle thing is probably another Greed Machine unlock, yeah. Along with the Razor Blade for Eve.
>>
>>43631652
Rag Man kinda swings in either direction for me. Sometimes he's real easy and sometimes he takes a couple hearts from me.

The main thing is that he gives almost no indication when he's about to do his homing shots and those are what get me. The Haunt usually gets me with those fucking lil ghosts he sends at you or I get greedy and sit along the wall he's on for some easy shots and don't get out of the way in time. Though, the new colored elite versions of him are pretty annoying too.

Can you use anyone to unlock the Mantle and the Blade? Or do you have to deposit the coins with those characters? Cause I'm up to 8% using Isaac and it looks to be about 5 coins per 1% so that's 500 fucking coins, which is annoying cause that thing can jam after only shoving in like 3.
>>
>>43632535
Should work with any character. It has less to do with the percentage (which is actually the probability that the machine will jam) and more to do with how many total pennies you've donated across all characters.
>>
>>43633065
Interesting, definitely an interesting mechanic. Guess I need to do Greed runs with some of the others then.
>>
>>43632535
>The Lost starts with this item after donating 879 coins to the Greed Machine.
according to wiki.Should make it a lot easier ONCE you get there. This kind of motivated me to play greed mode a lot more again, will make my greed Lost runs a lot better, not to mention my inevitable Mega Satan and Hush Lost runs.
>>
>>43638564
I am dreading going up against Hush as the Lost. Hush and Mega Satan are all I have left (maybe Dark Room as well since I got that thing a lot of people did where my Dark Room completions were lost when transferring my save).

Did they retool the Mega Satan fight as well? Only gotten to go up against him once since Afterbirth launched and he felt harder than normal or maybe I was just rusty .
>>
>>43639269
I hadn't played against Mega Satan for aaaaaages before Afterbirth came out, so no idea. And the last time I did I was running superhuge amounts of damage ups, quad shot and mom's knife, so I literally instagibbed him.

One thing I've noticed for the hush though, if you've got reliable clear for his spawns (the flies and blue dudes), the Soul and any kind of bullet slowdown (I had the censer, great Stopwatch-lite)and you're virtually immune to all of his attacks except for the beams at the very end.

And hey, I've gotten lucky with the Lost before with holy mantle floor 1, mom's knife and abbadon floor 2 along with fully guppy after mom so I could finally get the boss rush done, so I figure I'll get the winning combo eventually...

But first that 897 coins in greed mode.
>>
>>43639677
After the first couple fights against Hush he actually became decently easy. He has his patterns he sticks to and once you figure out how to weave through his shots he becomes fairly easy. The hard part was his transcendant tears for me until I realized that if he shoots them to the left/right that you just have to stand against the top/bottom wall and they wont hit you, or stand on the left/right wall if he shoots them up/down. Sometimes he shoots in both but even then theres some holes where you can be perfectly safe.

I still usually get hit a few times during the fight though regardless. But its just such a long fight of you stuck in a bullet hell that its hard not to get hit.
>>
>>43640359
Yeah, the warping tears are the only hard part. The only other thing that ever hits me is the very first time in a fight when he starts the beams, because they take me unaware and I start moving a bit too late.

Also, 3 orbitals REALLY helps in the fight. I've tried doing it without any once and I just got murdered in the bullet-hell instantly.
>>
>>43640543
I tend to go for the sheer power route, which works great for every boss except Hush and Ultra Greed, so I tend to only have one orbital if any at all. Don't get me wrong though, orbitals have saved my ass a couple times and assuming I'm already at decent damage a welcome item.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.