[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just to put a new spin on an age-old concept >Good-aligned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: oniai_arashi[2].jpg (79 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
oniai_arashi[2].jpg
79 KB, 600x338
Just to put a new spin on an age-old concept
>Good-aligned female goddess of war
>Evil-aligned male god of love
>They're married

How would you execute this in a way that makes sense?
>>
>>43607167
>Just to put a new spin on an age-old concept
Here's one
>instead of all the pantheon of God's being unequivocal, petty rapist dicks, they're all nice people with genuinely good intentions, but woefully incompetent all the same
>>
>>43607184
>Comedy of Errors: Divinity Edition
I like it.

>>43607167
The Evil God of Love is giving me trouble.

This might take a minute.
>>
>>43607184
Oh god.
>Oh, whoops, dropped the jar of locusts. I hope the humans are allright.
>>
>>43607167
God of Love implies some level of altruism, and if its a God of it, then they are probably expected to be exemplars of love, hence exemplars of Altruism. Hence and Evil God of Love is impossible. Make it a god of Lust or Wanton Desire instead.

The relationship would be exceedingly one sided, with either the Male God being a clinging Stalker creed, or the War Goddess trying to reform and pound the evil God into shape out of a sense of care and obligation, but is still incredibly Tsun because she hates what he represents.

Also, you're a Fag OP.
>>
>>43607210
More like
>those crops look thirsty, lemme whip up some rain for them!
>"For the next five years, we lost our lives and lands to the Monsoon. Sometimes I wish I was among those who died"
>>
>applying morality to the gods
Fall on your sword, pleb
>>
>>43607210
>Crap, uh, quick, what kills locusts?
>Was it snakes? I think it was snakes. Let's try releasing some snakes.
>OH CRAP THEY'RE KILLING THE HUMANS I'M SO SORRY I'M NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS
>>
>>43607241
>Shit! What kills snakes?
Remember last time you did something like this?
>You're right! I'll let the humans solve it, but they need some help.
>Hmmmmmm
>Got it. I'll give them knowledge so they can figure it out.

Two hundred years have passed

>What the fuck!? The humans are making weapons and killing each other!

>At least they seem happy
>>
>>43607221
don't be so uncreative nigger.
The God of Love gains power from people who are in love. Can be one sided love but two sided gives him more power. A love triangle gives even more!
He basically creates love graphs, and people do all kind of shit in the name of love regardless, like killing other dudes (jealousy and all that shit)
>>
>>43607184
>>instead of all the pantheon of God's being unequivocal, petty rapist dicks,

That's a really poor understanding of ancient Mythology. Sadly, most of our information about the religion doesn't come from particularly pious sources, due in part thanks to a degree of secrecy but largely due to the lack of surviving texts, and instead is gathered from things like plays and songs.

It would sort of be like people a thousand years from now trying to piece together what they know about Christianity, but the only surviving materials would be a copy of Jesus Christ Superstar and a Charlie Brown Christmas.
>>
>>43607201
Evil and Good don't seem terribly appropriate for the alignment. Try Chaos and Law.

>Chaos-aligned God of Passionate Love
The Fickle Heart, He Whose Passions Welcome All, Bedroom Paramour Par Excellance, the Wandering Eye, the Straying Hand. Essentially, if Zeus believed in seduction and kekolding instead of rape and lightning.

>Law-aligned Goddess of War
The Guardian of Fidelity, Sanctifier of Marriage, Diplomat of the Blade, She Whose Apron Bears Stains of the Unworthy, Mistress of Long Knives, She Who Wades in the Blood of the Unfaithful.

He's stuck in an abusive relationship with a domineering psychopath. She can't get over her constantly-straying ex. Together, they run the world.
>>
>>43607286
don't forget the Noah movie
>>
>>43607167
So the god of love wants to keep the godess of war safe and will be a dick about it if it keeps her safe and the godess of war keeps fighting to keep the word safe until she wins or falls and then goes home to him?
This being /tg/ we now argue over whether she's a dumb ass or he's a cluk.
>>
>>43607300
I drank to forget it.
>>
File: 1447296437968.jpg (66 KB, 575x523) Image search: [Google]
1447296437968.jpg
66 KB, 575x523
>>43607300
>the Noah movie
That movie is everything wrong with modern cinema.

>We have this classic story about God and a global flood
>That's not fucking exciting enough for you, faggot?
>Here, have this shitty Lord of the Rings rip-off battle with monsters and wizards. Lord of the Rings was popular, right?

The same with that fucking Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland movie. Why the FUCK does Alice in Wonderland need a LOTR-esque battle scene?
>>
>>43607289
I like this a lot more. Makes more sense too.

>He's stuck in an abusive relationship with a domineering psychopath. She can't get over her constantly-straying ex. Together, they run the world.
I don't think it would be abusive. He probably really does love her, above all others, but he's the God of Love, what can he do? He strays often but always comes home.

It'd be like a sitcom more than anything else I think.

His dalliances populated the world, Her skill allowed the mortals to survive, He gave them passion to create, She granted them temperance so they wouldn't fall victim to their own passions.
>>
>>43607328
In both cases: To distract you from how the story isn't very good.
>>
>>43607328
Because, they noticed that American McGee's Alice was popular.

The Jabberwocky was the best part of that movie. That's not saying much, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1446769344664.png (741 KB, 765x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446769344664.png
741 KB, 765x1080
>people having a hard time making an Evil God of Love
>>
>>43607167
>>Evil-aligned male god of love
Zeus?
>>
>>43607370
>implying a psychotic obsession is love
You're either joking or incredibly lonely.
>>
>>43607370
So... picture unrelated?
>>
>>43607300
I'm trying to.
>>
>>43607342
Yeah, it doesn't have to be abusive. It should be controlling.

I picture her as being the guardian of marriage, while he is the wandering heart (and eye, and hand, and occasionally other body parts) of infidelity and passion. Marriage, in this context, being used as an extension of warfare-based diplomacy - as in, discovering infidelity from a spouse is cause for a declaration of war against wherever they came from, but not necessarily cause for divorce, which would make warfare a revolving door of honorable combat and field battles.

I like the idea of her representing Temperance and Wrath, while he represents Lust and Compassion. I also like the idea of them both being slaves to their own natures, he to his dalliances, she to her jealousies.
>>
>>43607167
>Female god is good
>Male god is evil
>"new spin"
>>
>>43607370
Yandere is not love, it is obsessive psychosis irrespective of the feelings and wishes of the poor sap they're obsessed with. Love implies a certain level of respect and care about the well being and feelings of the one you love and is generally driven by Selflessness. Yandere is the ultimate corruption of it to becomes ultimately Selfish
>>
>>43607384
Love is selfish.
Love is irrational.
Love is impulsive.
Love (along with hope) can inspire man or woman to great noble deeds. But also to most abhorrent atrocities.
>>
>>43607167
God of love is totally Yandere for the Goddess of War. Goddess of War doesn't mind as his behavior leads him to fighting enemies with her.
>Touch my goddess again and I'll feed you you're own entrails!
>>You always know the right thing to say~
>>
>>43607370
>Yandere simulator
Muh nigga
>>
>>43607409
So from where did Man inherit good sense, I wonder, as these two clearly have none.
>>
>>43607420
Corrupted love is still love.
>>
>>43607167
Easy, the goddess of war loves the constant battle that comes with trying to convert/pacify the god of love. They're both dicks to each other, but love each other because of it.

>>43607241
So like every god game should be? I'm on board.
>>
>>43607409
Their marriage could've been a peace treaty between the forces of Chaos and Order.

Before the cosmos was too fluid for anything to happen, celestial armies of Chaos and Order clashing. Their presence shaping and reshaping worlds so quickly nothing could form.
>>
>>43607420
...and thus would fit perfectly with an Evil god of Love. Jealousy and protectiveness taken to extreme levels.
>>
>>43607417
The new spin is
>Male god of love, female god of war
>Love is evil, war is good

As much as people tend to favor evil men and good women ("women are wonderful" effect), evil goddesses and good gods have been done before.
>>
>>43607420
>Love implies a certain level of respect and care about the well being and feelings of the one you love and is generally driven by Selflessness.
Counterpoint: One of the the classic examples of love story would be Romeo & Juliet. Both were horny selfish brats.
>>
>>43607454
>>Love is evil, war is good
Zardoz, pls.
>>
File: 1406403038678.jpg (105 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1406403038678.jpg
105 KB, 640x633
>>43607420
>Love implies a certain level of respect and care about the well being and feelings of the one you love and is generally driven by Selflessness.
>He actually believes this

Drop the sloppy Disney shit. What you're describing here is the love a parent feels for his child, or agapè. Eros, or romantic love, is inherrently selfish. It does not exist because you think you can make another better, it exists because you want someone or something that they can offer you like protection and "financial stability" (read: legalized prostitution).
>>
>>43607421
Treating passion untempered by self-discipline the same as love is like treating raw iron straight from the earth the same as crafted steel. Stop that.
>>
>>43607167
Perpetual rape
>Love God is evil. Only way he can show his affection is to try and dominate the Goddess and force himself on her
>War Goddess attempts to dominate Love God as her aggression is the only way she shows affection.
>Both are locked with each other, constantly wrestling for control, sometimes the Goddess gaining the upper hand, and others the God.
>From such an aggressive,never ending union, the {warrior caste name} was born
>>
>>43607167
Make the male God of Love Shia Labeouf. "JUST DO IT.... fuck the consequences.

Make the female goddess of war... oh wait we have Athena.
>>
>>43607436
>>43607450
No, its a shameful and shambled mockery of love that attempts to mimic the motions without understanding the driving force and concept of love. It's worse than being just "not love". It's completely antithetical to love

>>43607462
That story ended the way it did because one was willing to selflessly give up what they had to join thier lover, but the communication broke down and eventually they allowed thier own foolish despair to overshadow and consume the love they had once felt.
>>
>>43607484
Both are still iron at the center.
>>
>>43607480
Who hurt you, anon.

Desire without respect is not love. What you described is mere attachment.
>>
File: 1386177152321.jpg (237 KB, 917x720) Image search: [Google]
1386177152321.jpg
237 KB, 917x720
>>43607480
>>
File: 1399575898476.gif (307 KB, 697x400) Image search: [Google]
1399575898476.gif
307 KB, 697x400
>>43607495
>They're both horny bastards with a desire to dominate the other
>They're engaged in a perpetual rape-wrestling match
>The man is honest about her feelings
>The woman blushes and stammers about how her desire to rape him is inherrently pure and noble
>>
>>43607502
Because the God is EVIL! EVIL! Of course what he represents isn't the 'pure' version of love!
>>
>>43607286
The worst case of this comes to Hera.

She's really on the wrong end of the most popular myths, including being the main antagonist of Heracles.

How many people recognize her as the benevolent Queen of the Gods, protector of marriage and the goddess of women, mothers, and family? Probably the only major story that paints Hera in a positive light is the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

No, most people recognize the sitcom version, where Hera plays the role of the jealous, nagging wife.
>>
>>43607522
>They're both horny bastards with a desire to dominate the other
>They're engaged in a perpetual rape-wrestling match
>The man is honest about her feelings
>The woman smiles and attempts to rape him back.

ftfy
>>
File: 1398114531790.jpg (225 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1398114531790.jpg
225 KB, 633x758
>>43607514
>You need to be hurt to understand human nature
What you're blabbering on about is the desire to mystify what is essentially yet another human emotion. This is on par with the desire to mystify samurai into katana-wizards rather than the asshole bowmen they were.

>>43607517
>This is literally part of Biblical canon
>Edgy
We've gone full circle. I guess this means the Vatican is full of fedora tippers.
>>
>>43607508
When you build the supports of your tower from iron ore and your neighbor builds his of proper steel, your tower will fall first. There is too much slag, too much impurity that has not been worked away or let go, and that will be your tower's undoing.

The same is true of relationships built on this not-quite-love.
>>
File: 1447320725405.png (402 KB, 633x487) Image search: [Google]
1447320725405.png
402 KB, 633x487
>>43607540
>The woman smiles and attempts to rape him back.
>>
>>43607546
>not-quite-love
Anyone who wants a Yandre relationship isn't planning for it to last. That's silly.

It's more like the Challenger explosion. Fucking fun while you're on the ride, but will end as a national tragedy.
>>
>>43607544
>I am a stupid troll

Who let you out of /r9k/?
>>
>>43607544
>claiming he is without injury
>making things up to set up for insults
Your parents, then? Are they still together? I should hope not if their relationship did this to you. They'd be happier that way.
>>
>>43607544
>implying I'm part of a religion that follows what Constantine and his council of fartknockers decided to agree upon for the Romans to make into a state religion
Nice implications there bucko
>>
>>43607480
There is a difference between love and infatuation, though it's not always represented in language
>>
>>43607544
>confusing lust with love
>Biblical canon
You might be retarded, bro.
>>
Who was Athena?
Who was Minerva?
Who was Freya?
Who was Jiutian Xuannu?

>Evil-aligned male god of love
Loki has had more kids than most female goddesses.
Honestly, this is the only part of the concept that's hard. There's a number of neutral love deities (the god of the bedroom in China, god of marriage in Japan, etc).
>>
>>43607631

Yeah, I thought as much.

The style, the need to reply to everyone, it's just that... what's his name troll again. That troll that got banned.
>>
>>43607167
Fade to black and explain many years have passed. Introduce the God who Loves War. The love child of the 2 gods who divorced 3 seconds after their shotgun wedding. Hes chaotic neutral.
>>
>>43607653
Replying to multiple people in a single post isn't a troll marker nor was it pioneered by Virt. It allows people to reply to multiple people without eating up the bump limit too badly.
>>
File: logo4.png (9 KB, 217x61) Image search: [Google]
logo4.png
9 KB, 217x61
>>43607631
I found a pic of you anon

Also
> The New Testament, being written in Greek, uses the Greek concepts of love.
Sure, lets ignore the fact that it was written by both ethnic Jews and Romans, who only used Greek language because the Romans were Greecaboos, and that the Greek language was still in and of itself very limited in application of words bearing multiple meanings and that the Roman usage of the language was very much different from the original Greek usage.Unless you suggest otherwise, In which case why aren't you speaking Northumbrian?

Also the padre comment doesn't work because that only applies to christian religions that have at least some basis on the Nicene Creed, which I'm not a part of.

>>43607691
It's also the typing style, the word and sentance syntax, the choose in prose, and the overall manner of attitude and opinions that are his marker
>>
>>43607724
>It's also the typing style, the word and sentance syntax, the choose in prose, and the overall manner of attitude and opinions that are his marker
I'm almost certain you don't have the expertise to make that call. But ok.

Furthermore, I don't think he's coming back. Besides, this really isn't a topic Virt would've targetted. I mean, he hasn't brought up Rifts or Savage World yet.

Just stop replying to him, regardless of who it is.
>>
File: bait.png (198 KB, 389x365) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
198 KB, 389x365
>>43607544
Stop giving into bait. They know that they are going with a chronologically and linguistically confined definition of love and they are doing it just to mess with you and OP.

You are making good points, just ignore them.
>>
File: Vehk.jpg (89 KB, 790x1011) Image search: [Google]
Vehk.jpg
89 KB, 790x1011
>>43607421
Love is under my will only.
>>
depends on your worldview of love.

If these gods were the reflection of an autocratic, warlike society then it's possible.

Love makes you prone to make mistakes, make exceptions and turn a blind eye to little things in the name of selfish pleasure and weakness for a certain person. You trade your commitment to king and country for a commitment to one.

In this way the god of love is a seducer, an antagonist to the duties that the nation holds dear. the corrupter of men with the promise of sweet pleasure, and who often leaves those afflicted by his malady more hurt than before when the disease has run it's course.

however, there is no greater love than a love for the state and the war goddess personifies the state. She protects their borders and assures them victory against all who wish to encroach upon the land. Sometimes she is swift, sometimes she is torturous and slow, sometimes she doesn't fight at all- but always she brings victory to those who fight underneath her banner and doctrine of war.

This is why she and the dark god of love were wed, corrupting his vile power over the hearts of the weak. There is no love in your heart without conflict, without doubt and without vain struggle. When you feel this within you, this was her bargain. This was her sacrifice for the state, for all true patriots must sacrifice in the name of the state.

That bittersweet conflict you feel is her reaching out, calling you back underneath her banner. beseeching you to do what is right and to recommit yourself to the empire for the good of all.
>>
File: jon-stewart[1].gif (154 KB, 490x280) Image search: [Google]
jon-stewart[1].gif
154 KB, 490x280
>>43607771
I like you, my friend.
Though wouldn't such an attitude fit a republic more than an empire? Rather than loyalty to the monarch or his money, this seems to represent some sort of love for the greater good. Pretty Republican, it actually reminds me of that painting of the Oath of the Horatii, made somewhere around the French Revolution
>>
>>43607480
Well that was before modern times m8
Where marriages were made to produce as much children as you could, while still surviving
That isn't what marriage is about now, especially considering gay marriage is legal
>>
File: twisted kaiser.jpg (370 KB, 1105x1599) Image search: [Google]
twisted kaiser.jpg
370 KB, 1105x1599
Nice. So like a profoundly nationalist, profoundly warlike people, beyond even the Romans. Fantasy Romans if you will, with some Babylonian/Sumerian overtones where love is a distraction from virtue. A dark necessity for creating more citizens.
>>
>>43607437
>god game
What happened to those?
Its like they just vanished off the face of the earth
>>
>>43607167
For an evil-ish god of love example, check out Cupid's appearance in The House of Hades from Rick Riordan. That particular version isn't *evil* per se, but he definitely comes across in a very sinister way. Aphrodite is the one who gossips like a school girl and sets people up like her own personal reality TV show complete with dramatic obstacles. Cupid, on the other hand, forces you to admit to your darkest desires.

An evil god of love in love with a goddess of war is a great combo. He goes around planting forbidden desires in people to spark conflict and discord, leading to wars so that wifey has work and is kept relevant. She can wade in and choose champions to bear her blessing and bring peace back to the land through glorious victory in battle, and he gets to watch all the bloodshed he loves all because he made a foreign prince want to pork the kings daughter outside of wedlock.

War goddess isn't so happy with him stirring up more trouble, but she loves him because he does it all for her, and it *does* give her something to keep her important to the people. She stays with him because of this, and because she can occasionally rein him in and keep him under control. Basically they're a balance. He keeps her in business from time to time and she keeps him from turning the entire world into a giant bloodbath/orgy for his own amusement.
>>
File: EVIL - Imgur.jpg (155 KB, 702x800) Image search: [Google]
EVIL - Imgur.jpg
155 KB, 702x800
>>43607832
b8 this is fantasy, please reduce your etymylogical constrainsts if they prevent you from being able to be creative. Or else maybe you belong on
--->/v/

>>43607771
But how do we make the experience of Love masculine. Maybe the desire to be committed to one individual above the state is considered as succumbing to his divine seed?
>>
>>43607210
I like it.
>>
>>43607871
I asssume that evil is not just like hellbent on destruction but can also include super-selfish or uncaring of mortals like Enki or Tiamat or Ishtar or Lamashtu or Nergal or Astarte.
>>
File: help.jpg (143 KB, 416x512) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
143 KB, 416x512

And you lost me.
>>
>>43607167

Gods are the product of the culture that first began worship of them. They are built on those values. So...

These two gods are from a matriarchal, Amazonian society.

The good aligned goddess of war is the head of the pantheon. She is the culture's idealized form of womanhood, portraying females as strong, capable, intelligent and successful.

The evil male god of love is a trickster and manipulator. He represents, to the culture, the danger of letting your emotions cloud your judgement and making you a pawn to others. The male god uses love as a weapon to bend the wills of women in order to make them serve him, which is a perversion of the natural order. Love is sweet tasting and addictive, the perfect thing to cover the taste of all things vile and poisonous. Do not let yourself fall victim to it, sisters.

Which is sort of radical tumblr as fuck, but I can't think of a better way to make a love god evil.
>>
>>43608229

Do you even Athena, mate?
>>
>>43607167
>>
File: 1439356071920.jpg (274 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439356071920.jpg
274 KB, 1280x720
>>43608305
>Which is sort of radical tumblr as fuck
Unlike tumblr, a theoretical matriarchal warrior society can have a profound love for men, but as protégés rather than protectors.
>>
>>43608357
Is that anime as awesome as that picture implies?
>>
File: 1440596760642.png (529 KB, 782x591) Image search: [Google]
1440596760642.png
529 KB, 782x591
>>43608399
Sadly, no. It has some pretty cool moments and the characters are likeable enough, but its biggest problem is pacing. Give it a try, though, it's called Witch Craft Works.
>>
>>43607631
>Statistically they were about as likely to stay together as to divorce. That statistic alone should make you stop and ponder.
First marriages work 70% of the time.

Second marriages work 40% of the time, 3rd, 25%. It declines from there. Statistically, broken homes are not the norm, but broken homes seldom mend.
>>
>>43608447
> Witch Craft Works
> witchcraft Works

This anime promotes satanism! Has anyone called Jack Chick? SOMEBODY CALL JACK CHICK.
>>
>>43608524
....what should I call him? There are so many appropriate epithets....
>>
How about reverse Atalanta? He would only marry the one who could catch him.
>>
File: gsLTcG7.jpg (521 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
gsLTcG7.jpg
521 KB, 1200x1800
>>43608524
Actually the joke is a reference to the German band "Kraftwerk". Not that Jack Chick would care.

>>43608579
Princess
>>
>>43608664
I'm not seeing the lazy?
>>
>>43607167
>fat army dyke
>/r9k/ rapist

I (wor)ship it!
>>
>>43607167
How can you make love out to be evil? If a god used love to make people suffer, it would be a god of destructive love, which doesn't really garner worship.
>>
>>43607167
Define "love" and "war".
>>
>>43607221
>God of Love implies some level of altruism
Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, was a total fucking bitch.
>>
>>43608908
We have gods of slaughter, death, disease and chaos being worshipped in canon. Why is one of destructive love that much more implausible?
>>
>>43608908
>How can you make love out to be evil?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFtz8p_0b10
>>
>>43608970
that'S just women though
>>
File: nice boat.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nice boat.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>43608998
I remember that part.
>>
>>43609017
More like that's just Greeks.
>>
>>43608998
Love isn't the feelings it leads to. If love leads to jealousy and jealousy leads to murder, then love is still not murder.
>>
>>43609078
fuck off tumblr
>>
>>43609089
Why don't you fuck off instead, robot?
>>
>>43607167
>>Evil God of love
He must promote acts of sex, no matter if is consented or not.

>>Good Goddess of War
She must promote the right of people to defend what they believe correct
>>
>>43609169
>rape is love
Yo what.
>>
>>43609083
Love is the path to the dark side. The Jedi were right!
>>
Is not rape if im in love, even if he/she is not in love with me!!!
>>
>>43609187
Not according to my yuri mangos. Girls can't rape other girls, it's just aggressive love the other girl didn't realize she wanted and kept trying to reject
>>
>>43609279

>>He/She/It ;)
>>
>>43608908
He doesn't want to hurt people. He just loves love and wants to spread it to everyone.
Two people pray to find someone who loves them, and he grants this prayer by letting them meet each other, falling in love at first sight, and amplifying those feelings so that they don't care about anything in the world but each other. They cut out their families, friends, and stop working all so they can spend more time together. Eventually they stop sleeping because that takes them alway from each other, and they can't even stand to blink because of the brief moments it prevents them from gazing into their lover's eyes. This singleminded obsession will eventually lead to both their deaths, and though mortals will consider it a tragedy the god just sees it as them finally getting an uninterrupted eternity together in the afterlife.
A lone warrior traveling foreign lands spies a princess, and instantly knows he wishes to spend the rest of his life devoted to her. But there are countless suitors and noblemen who stand between this lowly soldier and his would-be love! And so the god of love blesses him with the power to cleave a bloody path through all who oppose him until he can reach the princess and confess his love to her.
A boy has been in love with his childhood friend for years, but she's never thought of him that way. He's sure that all it would take for her to see him as more is the right circumstances. A plague inexplicably breaks out, and during the trying times she finds solstice in his arms.
A young woman has fallen for the handsome merchant in town, but his hand is already taken by a marriage of convenience that both he and his wife are happy with even if there is no love. And so the god appears before the woman with two potions as gifts, one to get rid of the wife that's in the way, and one to ensure he'll return her feelings. And they can live happily ever after.
>>
>>43609318
>ze/xe/they ;^))
>>
>>43607167
If Arashi-taicho is the goddess of war, I'd split her up with the god of love so that I can be with her instead.
>>
>>43609505
You deserve a cookie Anon. Good job.
>>
>>43607201
Make him an extremely flamboyant god who focuses on the pain love causes, and encourages insane acts committed in the name of love, etc. Possibly give him an association with cheating.
>>
those who are good serve god and kill all who don't.
//thread
>>
>>43607484
Literally, treating "smite the unclean" as good and believing that "good is not nice" makes any sense is just as delusional. This is fantasy, we can create a god of irrational love if we want.
>>
>>43609612
/threading your own post is like high fiving yourself in public. Except even more retarded.

Doubly so if your post is shitty.
>>
>>43607558
>Anyone who wants a Yandre relationship isn't planning for it to last. That's silly.
>implying someone with that level of obsession has any degree of rationality
>implying there haven't been plenty examples of real-world stalkers who honestly believed they had a shot with their stalk-ee
>>
>>43607167
Literally just focus on the positive and negative aspects of war and love, respectively. Problem solved.
>>
>>43609565
KAH KAH KAH KAH KAH!
>>
>>43607167
Goddess is also the patron of deterrance and knowing when a fight just aint worth it.

God of love is also the god of overwhelming passion and not knowing when to stop.

Do the math.
>>
>>43607184
>"Dear Lord... There hasn't been a winter this harsh for ages... We ask for your blessing to endure these trying times."
>"I HAVE HEARD THEE, MY CHILDREN, AND BLESS YOU WITH THIS SMOLDERING, SCORCHING FIRESTORM THAT BURNS AS HOT AS MY LOVE FOR YOU ALL."
>>
>>43609596
Thanks.
I imagine that the two gods getting together would involve some not-Trojan War started as his way of flirting with her. Not sure how she would feel about it.
>>
>>43609505
i can't believe that didn't diverge into ket-ai at some point
>>
>>43611269
That's because keit-ai is actually getting a visual novel and a fictionpress adaption.

People don't need to meme it when it's being made.
>>
File: nothing personnel, kid.gif (2 MB, 380x213) Image search: [Google]
nothing personnel, kid.gif
2 MB, 380x213
>>43609083

But a loving murder is still within Love's penumbra. what if you hug someone to death?
>>
>>43611269
In this case it would end with the boy traveling to the parallel universe to kill and replace his counterpart so he could be with the girl he's fallen in love with who already loves him.
>>
File: Keit-ai.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Keit-ai.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>43611336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g

LITERALLY FINDING A WAY
>>
>>43607484
Discipline doesn't really hep when you get into it. People in love do stupid things like jump in front of bullets for their spouse or do things they really shouldn't because the person asks them to.

That's not even getting into defining love at all. Why would you need to care about someone to have a chemical reaction saying you want to mate with them?
>>
>>43607286
At the same time, the wrath of the gods was usually the best explanation for famines, blights, disease, and natural disasters, so they often came across as fickle and wrathful
>>
>>43607462
Except Romeo and Juliet was a SATIRE. It wasn't a real love story. Shakespeare was making FUN of the kind of stupid recklessness that comes with young 'love.'

So I don't think it makes for a good example. That so many people seem to forget this doesn't change that fact (it makes me laugh whenever something popular tries to reference R&J like it was a serious love story).
>>
File: General Misery.jpg (92 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
General Misery.jpg
92 KB, 500x575
>>43607300
fuck you, I had
>>
>>43612152
The thing about Romeo and Juliet, and Shakespeare's work in general, is that nobody cares about them. Children have it hammered into their heads that Romeo and Juliet is the GR8ST LOVE STORY EVAR WRITTEN and treat it as such, often without doublechecking for themselves. As such, you end up with shit like Twillight unironically referencing it.

It's a combination of American narcissism (looking no further than what they're familliar with) and ignorance (not even looking at what you're familiar with).
>>
>>43612206
SHAKESPEARE A SHIT

A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

The man is a hack that has been wrongly felated for two hundred years. He wrote THREE decent plays: McBeth, Othello, and The Merchant of Venice.

Fuck. I'm mad.
>>
File: 1282003819750.jpg (8 KB, 182x195) Image search: [Google]
1282003819750.jpg
8 KB, 182x195
>>43607167

Oh boy another one of these threads

>Take familiar cliche
>Invert it
>"I'M ORIGINAL GUISE XD"
>>
>>43609716
Those examples are people who want a normal relationship but are in fact Yandre.

Wanting a Yandre relationship is an entirely different thing.
>>
>>43607167
Women love the bad boys.
Especially when their power is literally making people love them.
>>
>>43607300
I'm so glad I can say I didn't watch that movie. I saw the trailers and NOPE'd right out of even considering watching it.
>>
>>43612370
I unfortunately didn't.

I just saw Russel Crowe doing a Noah movie, and thought to myself "Hey, Russel doesn't do bad movies that often, this will probably be pretty decent."

>Biblical creation story interposed with a timelapse of evolution
>Only bad people eat meat, and good people are pure vegans
>Magical snake skin
>Random battles for no reason
>Grigori are golems for no real reason
>One of the wives was written out of the story so that one brother could have angst with his dad
>Noah being progressively more of a psychopath as the boat ride went on.

God, I think I actually blacked out during some points to avoid how horrible everything was.
>>
>>43607421
>Love is selfish
Miss Rosenbaum please go and stay go.
>>
File: 1439334812653.jpg (625 KB, 1456x1078) Image search: [Google]
1439334812653.jpg
625 KB, 1456x1078
>>43612346
You're an idiot if you honestly can't see why someone would like the idea of being in a committed relationship with someone who is completely devoted to the to the point of obsession.
>>
>>43612537
I'm confused, I do understand that because I want that for myself.

Considering >>43607385 is me. I don't know where that came from.
>>
File: 1440525951428.png (2 MB, 1200x1763) Image search: [Google]
1440525951428.png
2 MB, 1200x1763
>>43612578
Are you >>43607558?
Because that sounds like saying that people can't have a lasting relationship with a yandere.
>>
>>43607484
Both are same at the core. I don't see why you're applying your own biases to a fictional interpretation of love.
>>
File: 227.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>43612632
I guess it can work but you'd have to be way more careful than with average girl.

But then, who would settle for average...
>>
>>43607370
>you can now drive your rivals to suicide by instigating bullying
This is really going places.
>>
>>43612537
>Understands if you don't like dogs
>Good at cooking
>Willing to be upfront about her past, and wants you to as well, so that no misunderstandings occur.
>Is willing to overlook the occasional issue with a girl who has the nerve to talk to her man, because she realizes that she'll feel bad for other girls after she snapped up the best guy in the world (in her opinion)

Is there a part where she does something that makes her any less of a shoe-in for bestgirl, or is the MC smart enough to marry her on the spot?
>>
>>43612537
>WORDSWORDSWORDS
Did B^Uckley start writing anime?
>>
>>43612632
They can't, it will eventually break under the strain of the obsession. But then again, you can't really measure the Yandre relationship with the normal measuring stick.

If you want something that lasts 50+ years and is Yandre you're going to have to make a choice.

But by Yandre standards it could last forever.
>>
>>43612729
I think there's another girl with powerlevel orders of magnitude above this one that might murder them both. Also kinda looks like Haruhi.
>>
>>43608229
I think that "Goddess of Revenge" is the actual title you're supposed to be wary of in Morrigan's case.
>>
>>43608524
>satanism
That's not Dorohedoro.
>>
>>43611403
I'd watch/read that.
>>
File: 1447023617893.png (806 KB, 732x720) Image search: [Google]
1447023617893.png
806 KB, 732x720
>>43612729
I can't see anything wrong with her either, other than the fact that she can tolerate a man who doesn't like dogs, but that just means she's too gentle for her own good which is hardly a dealbreaker.

As long as they don't turn against you, yanderes are highly tolerable.
>>
File: 1439386626270.png (3 MB, 2132x1584) Image search: [Google]
1439386626270.png
3 MB, 2132x1584
>>43612729
Anything she touches rots to nothing. And she really wants to hold his hand.
>>
>>43612729
How about the fact that anything she touches instantly rots or disintegrates? He does give her a pretty fucking cool rejection, though.
>>
File: Dorohedoro cat ears.jpg (212 KB, 1190x510) Image search: [Google]
Dorohedoro cat ears.jpg
212 KB, 1190x510
>>43612790
Magic Users are best waifus / husbandos.

Roach is fine too.
>>
>>43611403
Would he also have to compete with obsessive lesbo that's trying to usurp the girl for herself?
>>
>>43612677
As long as neither of you are dead, mutilated to the point where it interferes with your life, or separated by something like prison I'd consider it a win.
>>
>>43612816
But it's pretty much the defining trait of a yandere that she ultimately snaps and turns against you. If she didn't, how'd you ever know she was a yandere.
>>
>>43612235
Titus Andronicus would like to know what the fuck you are talking about.

As would the Tempest.
>>
>>43612940
She could always turn against your friends or loved ones if you give them too much attention.
>>
>>43607530
To be fair Hera does tend to kill/curse a lot of illegimate children and lovers instead of confronting Zeus directly, so she tends to come across as a passive-aggressive domestic abuser-the kind trapped in a marriage with an equally shitty partner at best
>>
>>43612940
She turns against other people. Yandere might not hurt the beloved one at all. I'd even say she usually won't.
But there's also Yangire archetype and that's more of a problem.
>>
File: 003[1].png (321 KB, 791x1150) Image search: [Google]
003[1].png
321 KB, 791x1150
>>43612816
>As long as they don't turn against you, yanderes are highly tolerable
And 90% of the time, a yandere turning against the guy is his own fault.

>I have a girl who's manically obsessed with me, has my picture on every flat surface of her room, and is probably the one who's been stealing my used bathwater before I drain it
>I know, I should sleep with other girls, neglect to give her any loving, and make a terrified expression whenever she's brought up.
>In fact, I might as well just forget about her and fall in love with some other bitch who isn't even worthy of my affection
>It's not like my one true love is agonizing over the seconds until she can see me again, why should I bother going to her and giving her the love and tenderness she deserved?

Some people really are too stupid to live. Not my Terumi of course, the only reason why he's not with me now is because of that meddling cow-titted aunt of his. I'm sure that the second he can, he'll come rushing back to me.

After all, he's mine, and I'm his.
>>
>>43607167
You could have the God of love be Cupid style in that he goes around and makes people fall in love rather haphazardly. More along the lines of a trickster god that just happens to use love as his favorite trick.

Your country desperately needs the princess to marry the heir to another kingdom? Too bad, she's run off with the local cobbler.
>>
>>43612940
When you find the shrine dedicated to you made from everything you've ever thrown away and pictures taken in secret.
When you realize she's been following you for the past three hours making sure you don't cheat on her with another girl.
When you find out she sneaks into your house and sleeps under your bed at night.
When you help her hide the body of the slut she killed because that whore was going to try to steal you away from her.
>>
>>43613012
You know I think there is something psychotically romantic in holding your wedding out in the woods where the two of you buried your first dead whore together
>>
>>43612973
Who needs friends when you have a Yandre?
>>
>>43613060
I presume it'll be a shotgun wedding? As in it's sanctified with a shotgun with two bullets?
>>
>>43612739
That's one of her character traits, that she starts rambling incessantly without letting other people get a word in edge-wise.

None of the other characters speak nearly that much. I'm pretty sure she says more than the entire rest of the cast combined.And she doesn't even come into the story until MUCH later.
>>
>>43613060
>You know I think there is something psychotically romantic in holding your wedding out in the woods where the two of you buried your first dead whore together
Never before have I read my dream so eloquently put. Thank you Anon.
>>
>>43613060
In my opinion getting rid of corpses together is more of a best friends thing. But I've been told my view of romance is somewhat unusual...
>>
>>43607167
Because love doesn't always make sense.
>>
>>43612537
>>43612846
As a former scanlator, I have to admire people working on this one.
>>
File: Fisheo And Baitiet.jpg (23 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
Fisheo And Baitiet.jpg
23 KB, 478x373
>>43612235
Nigga I LOVE The Tragedy of Julius Caesar. I also like those Power Three you mentioned but you ain't my nigga if you don't like Julius Caesar.
>>
>>43612235
I happened to like Midsummer Night's Dream, because love polygon shenanigans egged on by the Fae are always a classic, but Shakespear really wasn't as good as my English teachers tried to convince me.
>>
>>43613060
I don't want to get married in a pig-pen and I'm not dumb enough to just dump a body in the woods.
>>
>>43613302
>Midsummer Night's Dream
I picked that one when we were assigned to do a review of our choice. Teacher started treating me all weird like I'm a tranny or something.
Fortunatelly, another classmate took the heat off me shortly after with something even more improper.
>>
File: Lates.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Lates.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
>>43613129
If my best friend had to hide a body and didn't ask me for help before his slut of a girlfriend well then pic very much related
>>
>>43612206
>American narcissism
>American
>implying only Americans never look past their own nose
Ironically, the American Narcissist stereotype is an example Bongistani narcissism.
>>
>>43607544
> Taking anything as viable from Biblical canon.
> Implying we have no free will and that we are not star children awaiting to ascend.
> Sweet Allah no.
>>
>>43613377
>Teacher started treating me all weird like I'm a tranny or something
What, it's just a story about a bunch of horny greeks who have the aphroditic juice of a hermaphroditic flower squeezed into their eyes, while the queen seduces a jackass and they all have an orgy.

What could she possibly think was weird about it?

Hell, in Macbeth a character gets a monologue about how hard it is for him to get erect when drunk while he makes knock-knock jokes to himself.
>>
>>43613462
>star children awaiting to ascend.

Can you give me a citation where that is in the Quran? I think my GM is using that as a plot point because no one will shut up about our characters being "star children".
>>
File: Brograb Blood Dragon.jpg (61 KB, 610x347) Image search: [Google]
Brograb Blood Dragon.jpg
61 KB, 610x347
>>43613129
>>43613443
This. Incidentally, bromances are much more entertaining and stronger bonds than romances any day of the week.

Where's our God of Bromantic Love? Why can't I be a Paladin of Broseidon?
>>
>>43613352
>Beautiful Forest Clearing
>Getting married in a pig pen

>burying body 6 feet under with help
>Same thing as just dumping it

Nigga how you gonna hook a good women if your skills in both romance and murder are so shit?
>>
>>43613528
He's probably just more used to the Barrel 'o Lye approach, which isn't romantic at all, and so he's having trouble envisioning a romantic way of disposing of a body.
>>
>>43613485
Not in the Koran, more or less it's a bunch of Ahmadiyya scholars saying we already passed the end times and now a future of peace and exploration is bound to happen if those sunni and shia dickheads don't fuck it up for anyone.
>>
File: 1445984076241.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445984076241.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43613174
They didn't even slow down on these chapters.
>>
>>43613579
>Has all the powers in the world
>including 3-4 that make her immortal
>One that gives her and unkillable deity body
>Dies like a bitch to a guy who's too shit to even bother remembering the name of.
>>
File: 1447374198758.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447374198758.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43613579
[B^U intensifies]
>>
>>43613623
Forgetting one of the best characters isn't very FRESH of you. And he was able to beat her because he's the reader. And/or the editor.
>>
>>43613060
That's how everyone into yandere feels about yandere things.
>>
>>43613628
I don't understand; why are those words circled?
>>
File: f16[1].png (4 KB, 226x164) Image search: [Google]
f16[1].png
4 KB, 226x164
>>43614318
>>
File: 1425554505909.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1425554505909.png
52 KB, 346x360
>>43614318
Go to /co/ and ask about Loss.
>>
File: aiTl0tA[1].png (802 KB, 688x660) Image search: [Google]
aiTl0tA[1].png
802 KB, 688x660
>>43614318
It's a reference
>>
File: 37AdZoJ[1].png (1 MB, 680x979) Image search: [Google]
37AdZoJ[1].png
1 MB, 680x979
>>43614318
A classic.
>>
What if the God of Love focuses on the bad situations that can result from caring about a specific individual more than other people generally? Like when your desire to see certain people happy is strong enough that it causes you to turn a blind eye to the suffering that has to be imposed to make it happen.

Like he doesn't care about charity workers but if you start murdering people to black-market organ transplant their liver into your alcoholic lover because you consider their life inherently more valuable than that of a stranger? That's his jam.

Or if you find out that your brother's business is failing because of the financial success of a rival and you hire the mafia to burn that shit down, you pray to the God of Loving Certain People Enough to Do Anything.
>>
>>43607422
That's cute.
>>
>>43612883
Oh?
>>
>>43614318
>being this new
You're supposed to lurk before posting.
>>
>>43612976
Hera is incapable of retaliating against Zeus. He's orders of magnitude above the rest of the pantheon.
>>
File: Lost beer.png (22 KB, 322x213) Image search: [Google]
Lost beer.png
22 KB, 322x213
>>43614418
>/co/
You mean /v/
>>
>>43607546
Someone cannot into engineering. With proper construction it can stand perfectly still for ages.
>>
>>43614890
I like /co/ better.
>>
>>43615068
I'm not surprised, tumblrina.
>>
>>43607272
>love triangles and love graphs
The one true god of haremfags
>>
>>43614887
She did manage to get the rest of the pantheon to help her teach him a lesson that one time though.

And their plan actually worked, with Zeus promising to be less of a dickbag in the future.

He still was a dickbag, but less of one than he was before.
>>
>>43612883

I wantd to read something as epic as Medaka Box or Biscuit Hammer again. I need to ask /a/ for recommendations now.
>>
>>43611390
No, it's just murder. There's no reason there can't be a god of murder and love, or love and jealousy, but intrinsically attaching jealousy and murder to love is just bad.
>>
>>43615272
>ask /a/ for recommendations
I take it toy don't actually go there often.
>>
>>43615272
Nigga check your shit taste at the door before you enter, please.
>>
>>43615272
Fukushuu Kyoushitsu

Keikaku at its finest.
>>
>>43615272
>asking /a/ for recommendations
Hownu.ru? I hope you like Boku no Pico because that's all you'll get from those turboautists.

If you're really that hard up for manga, go read Shokugeki no Soma (Foodgasms), Boku no Hero Academia (Superheros done right), Keyman (Mutants and Masterminds the Manga), Black Lagoon (An 80's action movie), Vinland Saga (PUNCH THE HORSE) or Voynich Hotel (Based Douman Sayman)
>>
Gods aren't real. Horny man who can't control himself. Wife is cop on rag.
>>
>>43615396
>Voynich Hotel
>Not Oddman 11

It's like you don't even like adorable slutty cats
>>
>>43615472
Voynich hotel is done and scanlated, and I don't think Oddman 11 is. A catgirl is fine too though.
>>
>>43615396
Replace Foodgasm with Nobunaga's Chef, Hero Academia with Onepunch Man, Voynich Hotel with Kuso Manga Bukuro, and add Ashita no Joe.
>>
>>43615515
>Kuso Manga Bukuro
That thing is the funniest shit ever.

>tfw the god of tentacles saves the world from a cataclysmic natural disaster.
>>
File: 2015-07-06 02_56_08.png (95 KB, 596x594) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-06 02_56_08.png
95 KB, 596x594
>>43615300
I don't go to /a/ just assumed the board isn't absolute shit.

>>43615396
>>43615515
I've read all of those, I'm kinda looking for something that's not very popular.
>>
>>43615574
Are you reading Spirit Circle? It's made by the guy who did Biscuit Hammer, and you should be reading it.
>>
>>43615574
>I've read all of those, I'm kinda looking for something that's not very popular.
What about Classmate Kamimura wa Itou?

I've never seen anyone mention it.
>>
>>43615574
You have read those and consider Medaka Box epic?
>>
File: 1346360106851.jpg (78 KB, 689x602) Image search: [Google]
1346360106851.jpg
78 KB, 689x602
>>43615515
>Replacing BnHA or Foodgasm
Pic related. Ashita no Joe is a good one though.

>>43615574
Damn, that's impressive. Alright, let's see how obscure I can go. Have you read Otoyomegatari (Central Asia never looked so good), Gangsta (The Wire: Japanese Edition), The World God Only Knows (/v/ becomes a harem protag), Jabberwocky (Velociraptor Secret Agent), Murcielago (Best psycho lesbian ever), Jitsu wa Watashi Wa (If the cast of Nisekoi was dumb as shit), The Ancient Magus' Bride (Harry Potter, Japanese Edition) or Green Worldz (Killer plantpocalypse). That's about all I got for now.
>>
File: 2015-07-19 15_41_36.png (543 KB, 828x982) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-19 15_41_36.png
543 KB, 828x982
>>43615635
I saw translation got dropped so I didn't even start it.
>>43615660
I didn't dislike it, kinda average.

>>43615760
Yes, I strongly believe Medaka Box is one of the best manga ever. Last two arcs are a bit weak but it's still tons of fun to read.

>>43615771
I didn't read Green Worldz or Otoyomegatari.
Murcielago is probably my favorite recent manga, I started reading it when there was only a one-shot.
>>
>>43615771
Comparing something to Nisekoi isn't a good way to convince someone that it's worth reading.
>>
>>43607522
>>43607540
I remember this pasta.
>>
>>43607630
Probably because no culture found it necessary to demonize love. OP better fuckin do something with all this ammo.
>>
>>43615882
Yeah, I almost said (Nisekoi if the characters were better and total idiots), but that was just too long. So yeah folks, Jitsu wa is kinda like Nisekoi, except much, much better. And most of the characters are charmingly retarded.
>>
>>43615771
>Gangsta is Japanese The Wire
Stopped reading there, the fuck?
>>43615867
Medaka Box one of the best manga? It's a completely unremarkable battle shounen which pretends that it's more just because it has longwinded meta-monologues about the cliches it resorts to.
>>
>>43615867
Jesus, if those are the only two you haven't read, then I admit defeat. Greenworldz is alright, a bit silly but good for a night. Otoyomegatari is something everyone owes it to themselves to read though, if only for the art.
>>
>>43615989
Yeah it's a shit comparison. Best I could do.
>>
>>43607167
The evil god of love has a fiendish joy in making people fall in love, who from everything they embody should naturally hate each other. His greatest success has to be his own wife which is the good goddess of war.

However since he genuinely loves his wife we sometimes starts wars in the style of Troy so that her dominion flourishes. These are selfless moments for him, which she can enjoy even though it makes people suffer due to the very nature of her domain.

The two are both chaotic. This is the common ground for their relationship and the reason, why we say today: "All is fair in love in war". Because these two seem to ignore all rules as they please.
>>
>>43613528
You realize that a cadaver dog is gonna find a wooded grave. It's not going to be able to tell that a pile of pig shit used to have a name.
>>
>>43609229
H-H-HELLO
>>
>>43607167
The Makath are a warrior race with skin like steel and blood that burns hot.

They once worshipped the God of Love, who taught them peace and sacrifice. Peace in never baring arms to other people, and sacrifice in the death of the mother whenever she bore a litter. His church became cult when a crueler people came and enslaved the Makath, making the men into slaved arms and the women into breeding chattel that died to spawn more.

It was their rediscovery of the God of Love's old consort, the Goddess of War that saved them. Where Love was left for the night, War blessed them by day. The light lit their fire and made the Makath radiant, they took fury and overthrew their masters to reclaim their freedom, and from then they declared that no longer would they suffer for the folly of love but to embrace the ways of battle that would let them defend themselves.

For the Makath, love has never done anything but hurt.
>>
>>43607688
>God who Loves War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY1AyoiHJTs
So, this guy in deity form?
>>
>>43615272
I wish I had glasses like Zenkichi's. It's all I can think about whenever I see him, even from before he got them.
>>
File: 「Consider the Following」 .jpg (22 KB, 382x333) Image search: [Google]
「Consider the Following」 .jpg
22 KB, 382x333
Medaka would make a good template for the Good-aligned goddess of war.
>>
>>43616214
I still wear jersey under my jacket. I can't stop, it's too devilishly cool.
>>
>>43615771
>Murcielago
Shit nigga, thanks for hooking me up with this shit. I'm having a jolly good time.
>>
File: parenting.jpg (222 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
parenting.jpg
222 KB, 760x596
>>43607184
>>43607201
>>43607210
>>43607241
>>43607264
>>43607236
>>
>>43615771
>>43615396
Throw in Dungeon Meshi (aka monster cookbook the manga)
>>
>>43615574
Read Kokou no Hito, Me and the Devil Blues, Blame!, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Dorohedoro, Kongou Banchou, Break Blade and Shin Angyo Onshi.
>>
>>43616404
Do you mean before or after she stops being a sociopath?
>>
File: forest cathedral.jpg (72 KB, 791x1187) Image search: [Google]
forest cathedral.jpg
72 KB, 791x1187
>>43607167

I know I'm mad late to the thread but here's how I'd do it:

Good-aligned female goddess of war is pretty easy, history is actually full of them - Athena meets St Mary, basically. Her paladins fight in the name of her wisdom and objective judgement. She believes that the strong have a duty to protect the weak and innocent from violence, and in order to effectively do so they must master the arts of combat. Even though she thrives on warfare, it must be for a truly righteous cause, and there is no shortage of righteous warfare because evil always arises somewhere and must be stamped out.

An evil-aligned male god of love would be prone to hedonistic adultery on the one hand, and obsessive, jealous infatuation on the other. He's a slave to his lust, but also he is so deeply in love with his wife that he passes straight on through "romantic" territory and into the region of "inappropriately clingy".

In fact, you could accentuate the whole "agent of honour vs. slave to passion" dynamic by making the war goddess a virgin - their marriage is symbolically unconsummated, because she is too pure to allow herself to be sullied by evil, and he fluctuates between being so awed by her beauty that he can't bring himself to touch her and being so possessive of her that he won't permit her to even sleep with him lest she develop a liking for it and start looking outside the marital bed for more of the same.
>>
Female War Goddess - She's constantly trying to stop war, as most people will fight them for selfish reasons. But a truly righteous cause will gain her blessing. And in turn make them invincible.

Male Love God - Love, normally a good thing, is constantly being driven too far by this god. His wife can't kill him because he is pure love. So pure he isn't held back by societal restrictions. Some of the more extreme priests have been known to gain their god's blessing.. allowing them to rip their own hearts out and give them to their loves. Before death sets in. Others will forsake all safety and endanger entire kingdoms just to see a loved one once more.
>>
>>43607167
>Just to put a new spin on an age-old concept

nah
>>
>>43607167
Delicious femdom
>>
>>43607630
>loke
>evil
That's a very Christian way of looking at Norse mythology
>>
>>43607384
It's not violence if there's love...
>>
File: 1442856876394.png (9 KB, 633x808) Image search: [Google]
1442856876394.png
9 KB, 633x808
>>43607495
Fuck you anon, this is really hot to me and I didn't want to know I had this fetish.
>>
>>43620359
Please point out where I said Loki was evil.

He's the closest thing there is to an evil love god, but I also didn't state he was evil.
>>
>>43607861
Spore. It really put a lot of people off the genre and made newcomers think that's how all of the genre was. That's my personal theory though.
>>
>>43607871
Holy shit, I really like this. I think this thread has a winner now.
>>
An evil God of Love is possible, it's been done recently too. In the Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus series, Cupid is a total asshole, representing the "pain of love" or something like that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.