[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chapter Master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
So let's be realistic for once /tg/
How can we make CM work again?
>>
>>43593453
>get into contact with GW license department
>get to work to make a first demo with a first impression
>get the license because they currently hand it out to every cunt out there
>sell it on steam at a moderate price

So what we need if we want to be ambitious is:
>2-3 dedicated coders who can communicate over github
>at least one artguy/pixelartist
>at least one writer, /tg/ would probably help out
>a solid concept, CM is a good base but obviously needs a bit of work and refining
>a non-autist who can get into e-mail contact with GW's licensing department or whatever handles that shit to present the game, possibly via e-mail, hopefully in person

bonus points for:
>lots of community interaction during developement as the best ideas and criticism often come from there
>quick implementation of community suggestions (the guy on /d/ who does free cities would be a good example, as he literally does it with several suggestions nearly every day, though that's only really possible due to the simplicity of the game and because he spends several hours on it every day)
>boring/busy work done by /tg/'s anons, we'll need a shitton of names/locations so you can either take them from CM or let others come up with them instead of wasting 10 hours of time with doing it yourself
>smooth lay-out of the game
>fitting music

To be honest, it's really not THAT difficult if you think about it, the reason why nobody does it is that they lack the incentive and that nobody actually DOES it.
The first step is always the hardest.
>>
>>43594218
Is there a /tg/ IRC channel? Chances are that you'd get more done there than here
>>
>>43594218
Didn't Duke even post his design document?
It's pretty bloated though
>>
What happened? I seem to remember the community having a patreon for the guy in charge and when I brought it up everyone said that he's super trustworthy. What went wrong?
>>
http://pastebin.com/qT9rpU1b

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_(game)
>>
>>43593453
There's a small group of people on bay12 working on it. It's just that they're mostly focused upon code cleanup and optimization for the near future.

>>43595215
I never posted my actual design doc, but there's a public 'Suggestions' Google doc and a 'This is what I was going to eventually get around to making' doc.

>>43597817
>>43597884
>>
File: 1423185692611.jpg (127 KB, 463x278) Image search: [Google]
1423185692611.jpg
127 KB, 463x278
>>43599180
The bay12 folks are surprisingly competent at this sort of thing.

Personally though, we need to decide on a vision for Chapter Master. I say if we can't be 40k, it's better to crack out some original factions than to just be a reskinned 40k. Maybe get some procedurally generated factions and relationships in there to make things more interesting while we're at it.
>>
>>43602403
Did you bother to read the wiki?
>>
>>43599180
Bless you for your work
>>
>>43599180
Thanks for running off with our money, asshole.

Always bet on Duke my fat black ass
>>
>>43604422
When was this?
>>
>>43604422
>I don't understand how patreon works.jpg
>>
>>43599180
>There's a small group of people on bay12 working on it. It's just that they're mostly focused upon code cleanup and optimization for the near future.
Is there any way for a layman to support the process?
>>
>>43604422
>negro acting like a monkey
/pol/ was right yet again!
>>
>>43599180
>There's a small group of people on bay12 working on it. It's just that they're mostly focused upon code cleanup and optimization for the near future.

THERE IS HOPE YET, MEN!
>>
>>43609998
It lives!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.0
>>
>>43597817
Patreon means he is earning profit from it meaning it is no longer fair use and GW could sue the fuck out of him for stealing their IP.
>>
>>43597817
Some blackshirt said that he had accidentally let it slip to GW higherups that Chapter Master existed. A C&D was supposedly underway so Duke canceled the patreon and open sourced it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.