[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Death: Lantern Year 5, Cunning Lion Lv2 a Bitch Edition /kdm/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 14
File: uJ0jtu9.jpg (222 KB, 750x672) Image search: [Google]
uJ0jtu9.jpg
222 KB, 750x672
>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Read the description here:
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/kingdom-death-monster-preorder-special

>Tabletop Simulator Mod
http://kdmtts.tumblr.com/post/131199311266/kingdom-death-tts-mod
>Rules question thread on BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1441104/faqs-poots-crew/page/1

>Mobile-friendly Survivor Sheet App
http://ivoilic.com/projects/character%20sheet/index.html

>Google Drive Settlement and Survivor Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lPgAUgDyv5XaqOU9IdHgKqUA3GW8HzaRbRvkQAve90/edit?usp=sharing

If you wanna complain about Kingdom Death for any reason you're a shit poster. If you wanna defend Kingdom Death for any reason you're a shill. Now lets get some more good discussion going this time.
>>
Build/painting guides when.
>>
File: collage.jpg (603 KB, 1675x1133) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
603 KB, 1675x1133
>>
>>43593600
Poots said that was more of a thing planned for when the game went on standard sale. The KS and pre-orders are technically an early-release.

It should be up Soon™ (Poots-time).
>>
>Lantern Year 9
>no sign of the core game on the mail yet.
Suffering. I can't play the game with just wave 1.
>>
>>43593978
Stay strong, Anon. It's worth the wait.

In other news, imagine the hype in our group when the first hunt event we had was the sword and statue one, and the first player rolled a 10. Soon as someone goes mad we're gonna be rocking a muramasa
>>
Got wiped on Lvl 1 Antelope. Lost half my hunting party to Overwhelming Darkness, the only ones who had gear on Lantern Year 2. Still could have won, but the wretched beast kept pushing my Survivors back with Stomp and Snort, and eventually just Brain trauma'd them out. Shit sucks.
>>
Any chance the expansions go on sale during black friday? I can dream...
>>
>>43593617
Do you regret magnetizing?

I started magnetizing, but stopped and have since reconsidered. After a few games under my belt, and a bit of critical thinking... There are just too many problems. On paper the customization was amazing to conceive of but reality kinda shits on it.

The way my group has been playing, I'd expect pieces to get lost, even though all but one of my players has experience with modeling. They're just so small and so easy to forget.

It also hurts that my group is always swapping gear around up until we depart, and the poses I've seen, yours standing as an exception, always seem horrible (yours seem acceptable; not as amazing as properly posed models, but not suffering too much for the huge gains of customization).

Lastly I play at my flgs, and it's looking like I'll be hosting a second game of kdm or maybe even a third, and if that happens I'd feel more comfortable not having so man moving pieces to lose or have stolen.

What has your experience been? I'm still really on the fence. The way I'm thinking of the problem is do I want to play skyrim levels of gear customization, or original diablo levels (for those who don't know; gear you equipped didn't always change your appearance, so when you put on mail, you got a new model, and when you got plate you got a new model, but for all the variant leather/mail/plate armors they were condensed. Not a perfect comparison, but spiritually it's how I'm thinking of it).

Also yisss for lantern year titles back.
>>
>>43594462
Yes.
In 2016
>>
>>43593978
I can see into the future. It will be on your doorstep soon!!

>>43594181
My survivors have been so lucky. I had no idea hunts could go so badly. Then again... only on LY3.

>>43594462
You don't dream alone anon.
>>
>>43594502
>I believed you, for one fleeting moment

You monster. Though as long as they have one or two knights, I'll be happy come Black Friday.
>>
>>43594609
Me too.
If it's Storm and Lion Knight!
>>
>>43594587
Prepare bandages for the fight with the butcher. Your group can thank us later.
>>
This game really needs a companion app with electronic card decks and shit. Would make setting up and playing so much easier.

We played the shit out of it for a few weeks, but we are waiting on the expansions to ship now because we want to have the most complete campaign possible.
>>
>>43594639
Storm was a while back, already.

Lion knight 1st was sold over Halloween weekend, but I have a good hunch Lion knight 2nd may be sold on black friday.

They accidentally sent me a 2nd instead of 1st, so I'm sending it back to exchange. I assume this means they have a bunch of 2nds already cast in preparation for the big sale rush come the 27th
>>
My dream is for the Dung Beetle Knight and Gold Smoke Knights to be sold and have gameplay elements
>>
>>43594810
Poots loves the dung beetle knight. One update also had lictures lf him showing off expansion books, and there was one with a dung beetle knight cover.

Gold smoke knight is rad, though, so I'd love to have something with him. Especially with him shown in the book art a few times and probably being the knight from The Finale hunt scenario
>>
>>43594810
You'll be waiting until 2016.
>>
>>43594890

Oh shit, that's awesome. When did he post that picture?
>>
>>43594890
>Gold smoke knight is rad

He does not seem to be a bad guy. In the comic I thinks he is helping the girl, not trying to kill her.
>>
>>43594909
It was KS update 97. Spidicules, Man hunter, sun stalker, dragon god, slenderman, dbk, and I think one or two others have visible expansion books to some degree.

96 shows the mountain man, bone witch wip, lion worshippers, fox clan, and honeycomb weaver stuff. I'd recommend lookibg through updates for stuff you missed.
>>
>>43594949
Forgot my picture of the twilight order weapon smith that designed the cursed twilight swords.
>>
>>43593978
Do you have TTS? If so add me (Steam ID: Kinkers). I'm Tired Gamer Syndrome. If you got 2-3 other people I can run the prologue with you and your friends
>>
>>43594714
Oh thank the entity.
Lion Knight 2 means the one with the qts on the floor right?
Lion Knight 1 is the scarified guy?

Both good though.
Sad news about stormy. Guess I'm in for the long haul when he comes with proper rules.
>>
>>43594473

Tbh, I haven't played yet so I have no such practical experience yet. But as it stands I wanna create a device where I can properly store and organize the parts (organizedi in arms, heads etc.) . I will only play with friends so stealing is not really an issue.

I can see your complaints, but I really like customizing (probably won't do every set) and since I have a lot of spare armor kits from the kickstarter, I will just do a 50/50 ratio of fixed and magnetized models
>>
>>43594890
Isn't he on the page with event 100?

Reminder that a Dragon King and a Gorm also show up in the events.

>>43595040
Correct.
>>
>>43595040
Well, take it with a grain of salt. It's just speculation on my part, since I ordered one and got the other.

If I'm right though, I'll want to act fast when it goes ul to make sure I'm current on the lion knight collection. Both are great sculpts.

>>43595080
Yeah, hunt wvent 100 is called The Finale, or something similar.
>>
>>43594587
Yeah, for the most part mine were too. I went through prologue, and first lion fight with nothing major. Yoshka got his arms wrecked by the lvl 1 lion, and Karla fell through the cracks on a settlement event, but other than that shit was going well.

Then the Antelope ran past Overwhelming darkness and Swatja and Yoshka rolled 1 on the path of Madness. Then Klaus touched the statue.

Since gear does not transfer if someone dies during the hunt, but goes back to the settlement, I went into the fight with the Antelope with 1 buck ass naked survivor, not even a founding stone or cloth, and one survivor with a founding stone and cloth.

I left with a complete set of rawhide, extra rawhide chest, a Zanbato and a Cat Gut Bow.

Still brought the antelope to 3 AI cards, though.
>>
>>43594890
>seems to be
Is there even any doubt? It's a giant fucking knight with a divine voice that gives you an enchanted maul with a lion head on it. Right next to a picture of the golden smoke knight. Seems pretty fucking straight forward to me.

From the few lore bits about him we have seen, it also seems to be implied that he was a Golden Lion God, and the rightful ruler of the holy lands before the Entity overthrew him.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 979x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 979x697
https://mega.nz/#!7QUkQC6J!yO93ZUmm0kRynNh6f00EZd9UVcQkZecWTzJIQx5cTk4

Reposting this PDF from the previous thread. Much nicer PDF of the rules. Pic is one of the pages from it. We should really add this to the OP.
>>
>>43595512
>From the few lore bits about him we have seen, it also seems to be implied that he was a Golden Lion God, and the rightful ruler of the holy lands before the Entity overthrew him.

>There was once a fertile land of golden grass and prideful lions. Uncounted centuries ago, a parasite took root and over time a corrupted city grew to engulf the plains. The Golden Knight, a mysterious guardian of these lands, waged a losing war against the corruption. As futile years passed, the knight’s appearance grew twisted and haggard as the land itself. It’s glorious mane fell out, replaced by angry wailing smoke billowing in its place and the Gold Smoke Knight was born.

I think it sounds more like he was just a high-ranking knight of the ancient land, and that in defending his home he became some sort of undying knight errant.

The game certainly gets the Souls series trait of giving enough lore to draw you in, but not enough to provide concrete answers.

I want to know more about the Entity, the Goblin, the Scribe, and the King, and their relation to each other.
>>
>>43595565
>populaiton
dammit, Poots
>>
>>43596206
One of the antelope cards says "would" instead of "wound."

I guess an error here and there is to be expected, but for how nice everything is overall, it is sad to see some blemishes. My rule book has little ink smudges here and there - not enough to fudge words, but it still sticks out.
>>
How in the dark are your groups keeping themselves? Do you read what an item is/does before you build it, or do you build something blind and hope it works, as though you are actually a primitive settlement trying to invent something?
>>
>>43596291
I dunno why but I just had this image in my head of some alien species, artifact hunting on our world, and in the ruins of some condo this bloated monster paging hurriedly through the rulebook until he finds the misspellings and turns to his companion with glee in his ocular hairs to roar spit all over his companion saying, "ITS A FIRST EDITION NORMAN!"
>>
>>43593978
>>Ordered a copy twelve days ago as a last minute decision to get.
>>Arrived yesterday.
>>In Australia.
>>
>>43593978
My preordered core game got here monday. have patience anon, poots will deliver
>>
Alright, /tg/ what are the best early game items? My group is getting 3 copies of each the headband and vest. I understand that evasion, but holy fuck why are we getting 3 of each of the armor? I mean, yeah lets not die, but wouldn't it be better to fill up someone's entire set first for that sweet sweet bonus?
>tfw I only have cloth and bone darts
>tfw everyone tells me monster grease is worse than the armor because "lol no armor points"
>tfw hopefully the butcher kills us all and we can restart and maybe we won't get plague and they will stop acting like armor stacking resource wasting non-augury using faggots
>>
>>43598826

The Lion Circlet and the scrying from the leather has been insanely useful for my group so far. We've tended to spread out the armor among the group members, and it seems to work okay. Our scyer / circlet user also uses a bow. Definitely recommend that. I think the 3 copies might be a bit much.
>>
>>43598889
Fought the lion four or five times and I still haven't gotten the eye to make the circlet. It's irksome
>>
>>43597222
The games I've been hosting have been no-spoilers mode, meaning that for crafting you only have the information the crafting stations give you and your wits.
>>
>>43598826
>I mean, yeah lets not die, but wouldn't it be better to fill up someone's entire set first for that sweet sweet bonus?
If your fully-kitted character(s) get skunked in the hunt phase, all their stuff goes back to the settlement, and your more gimpy characters get to fight the monster without your super soldier OR their gear. If you put all your eggs in one basket, a bad roll on some table could prove ruinous.

>tfw everyone tells me monster grease is worse than the armor because "lol no armor points"
Evasion can be nice to have, but there are a lot of effects and attacks that don't roll to hit, so if you have no armor to buffer the auto-hits you come across, you are going to quickly find yourself playing a shattered, bleeding husk.

>not using the augury
Okay, yeah. You should call them on that.
>>
>>43599356
>If your fully-kitted character(s) get skunked in the hunt phase, all their stuff goes back to the settlement, and your more gimpy characters get to fight the monster without your super soldier OR their gear. If you put all your eggs in one basket, a bad roll on some table could prove ruinous.

Truth. >>43595332
>>
>>43599356
+evasion and a shield is better for coverage against damage than trying to piecemeal put together the right armor spots. The shield gives you a bit of armor on each spot, and also gives you access to an amazeballs defensive ability.
>>
I really wish poots would post a guide for at least the survivor sprue, so I know where all these little hair bits go where.
>>
>>43603756
The starting survivors are pretty simple. Unless you mean the "unarmored" kit, which is a howling nightmare of madness.
>>
I might be late... but what the fuck is this all about then?
>>
>>43604389
wut
>>
>>43604318
Yeah, the actual unarmored kit with all the heads. The monopose models are easy enough.

>>43604389
There's a link to basic information in the OP.
>>
>>43604506

No that's a grocery list. What are the mechanics? What's the plot? Game play?
>>
File: IMG_3030.jpg (225 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3030.jpg
225 KB, 1200x1600
>>43604781
>what are the mechanics?
Mostly a d10 based syatem, with lots of consulting tables for and charts for rolling on. Combat also has a card deck mechanic for controlling monsters instead of a GM.

>What's the plot?
You awaken with no memories, or much else other than a dull lantern and a cloth waistband, in a dark, lightless expanse. A monster appears, seemingly expecting you for a meal. You rip a chunk of stone from the ground, and prepare to defend yourself. Afterwards, you find other survivors, and begin your struggle to make a life in this hellish world.

>Game play?
Build a settlement with other survivors (1-6 players, 4 being best), create shit, guide your development. Hunt monsters for resources. Fight awful critters and unspeakable horrors that want you dead. Try not to die. Die anyway.

At least read the first link. It gives a good overview of what the game is, and what it looks like.
>>
>>43604781
Cooperative civ-building roguelike tabletop RPG.

Game consists of two phases:
Hunt Phase: 2-6 characters fight a powerful Monster on a grid. The characters have their own stats, skills and equipment, and the monster is controlled by shuffling cards on an AI deck.
See it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtqvidHYXu8

Settlement phase: the civ-building aspect. You use resources recovered from hunts to research and craft equipment, and advance the storyline through random events.

The game is mostly d10s and charts, and has a big emphasis on building the included minis (it has a lot of sprues). As for the setting... imagine the Eclipse from Berserk. Humans wake up with no memories of how they got there, and have to survive.
>>
>>43604506

Use blu-tak. Get a feel for how everything goes together, then glue. Just spent the last couple of hours putting everything together and I found that helped immensely.
>>
>>43604845
>best with 4
Honestly, it plays better with 3. If you play with 4, someone can die in the hunt phase and be out of the game for an hour or two. If you play with 3, you can have everyone control the third character to help set up strategies, and if someone dies, they can just take control of that character.
>>
>>43605407
That leaves chance of loose pieces to keep track of.

Which is an all new fresh hell you're trying to create for me.
>>
>>43605488
Just DON'T GET DEAD, son
>>
Blue Tac as a base for assembling models doesn't lose parts unless you are an idiot. Assemble models/parts and use plastic baggies to keep them all safe and sealed away once done but before you start fitting things together to see if it works how you want. It's especially useful when putting together the arms which are really hard to vision just how they look/pose in their split down the length cut.
>>
>>43606197
It's not about losing pieces, it's about having loose pieces that are no longer labeled via the sprue. There are so many tiny bits of hair that aren't exactly clear as to where they go.

Managing limbs and shit is fine typically, since those are easier to read.
>>
What music would fit a Kingdom Death game?
>>
>>43607039
Dark Souls works well.
>>
>>43605488
Sounds like a problem which could be easily fixed by gitting gud.
>>
Mostly off-topic, but I went into GW today to get some paint and a bit of advice for painting white lion, the guy I spoke to offered a teaching session and said it was fine to bring the model in. I've never encountered this from GW, what's his angle? Do they let the staff do private teaching?
>>
>>43607942
Paint is a product they sell and he wants you to buy possibly 5 different pots for that lion.
>>
>>43607968
So he'll just try to get me to buy more stuff, fairly standard. Cheers.
>>
>>43608075
What do you expect, he giving you everything the store have for free?
>>
>>43608777
... No. I wanted to know if their staff offer out random private lessons or whatever, which wouldn't make sense to me, as what I know of GW is they are pricks to their staff.
>>
>>43604845

That looks amazing. Your work or someone else's? If its yours, got tips?
>>
>>43611465
Man, I fucking wish I could paint like that. It's absolutely exquisite.

Looks like a really nice mix of careful airbrushing and wet blending, though.

>>43607942
>the guy I spoke to offered a teaching session and said it was fine to bring the model in.
Huh. I thought they were supposed to be churlish about non-GW products and minis? Did he perhaps think that you wanted help with some 40k stuff?
>>
>>43611795
>I thought they were supposed to be churlish about non-GW products and minis? Did he perhaps think that you wanted help with some 40k stuff?
No, made it pretty clear that it wasn't GW stuff. Still, suppose it can't do much harm on a Wednesday afternoon.
>>
Fucking level 2 lions. No, we don't need ranged attacks, they said!
>>
>>43613442
No, we've been literally telling you to get those bone darts.
>>
>>43611465
>got tips?
Thin your paints
>>
File: 20151112_032330-1.jpg (487 KB, 748x994) Image search: [Google]
20151112_032330-1.jpg
487 KB, 748x994
>>
File: 20151112_032733-1.jpg (426 KB, 627x988) Image search: [Google]
20151112_032733-1.jpg
426 KB, 627x988
>>
>>43616250
>>43616263
Any tips for painting thin eyebrows?
>>
To everyone complaining about how you cant fit everything in the box, the insert is flimsy, etc.

Just glue a piece of cardboard to the back of it.
>>
>>43618289
Paint the eyebrows first, then the skin tone.
>>
File: 20151112_025509-1-2.jpg (81 KB, 289x359) Image search: [Google]
20151112_025509-1-2.jpg
81 KB, 289x359
>>43618289
I painted the base skintone first. Then painted the eyes and eyebrows. Then go back to painting the skin, I paint ovee any mistakes in the eyes and brows.
>>
>>43593978
A friend of mine who gave to the original kickstarter got his finally a couple days ago. He emailed the team out of concern and received a reply unexpectedly fast apparently his order forgot to include the city of his address, so maybe message them and see if there is a hiccup with shipping?
>>
>>43619074
The insert is plastic and 3-dimensional... How would one glue a piece of cardboard to the back of it?
>>
>>43619074
>>43620785
I think you're confusing the complaints about broken / too short box insert and the ones about the hunt and showdown trackers being too flimsy.
>>
So every sun is an adult Sunstalker?
>>
Just build the prologue sprue. Scared shitless of painting them, especially since i would have to buy literally every paint and i wont paint anything after im done with the KDM minis. I just want to play the game and coloured figures would make it nicer.

Last time i painted was a tau army 14 years ago and i dont really want to go back into the hobby. Maybe i should just leave them grey but it would be nice to paint over the gaps. Still all those painting guides assume i have access to a billion different colors from every company and an airbrush.
>>
>>43625483
To be fair, people have commented about just priming them a soft grey (to help hide the putty work on the seams) and playing them as such. Or just giving them a wash over the primer.
Coloured primers are also an option.

Either solution would not require you to spend a fortune on paints if you don't wish to do so, and it's as valid a choice as any.
>>
So, as I sit here building the masks, I can't help but wonder why I'm doing it.

They look neat, but why are there two sets? Was the larger set a cosmetic extra thrown in for displaying, and the small ones are for use as gear?
>>
File: phoenix.jpg (96 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
phoenix.jpg
96 KB, 750x421
>>43625865
That sounds like a plan. If anything i may paint the white lion, his color scheme is simple and he looks easy to paint and hard to mess up tremendously.

But if i attempted to emulate pic related with a basic color kit i'd probably end up with a phoenix that looks like charlie brown. Maybe if i had all the tools. I'm pretty diligent at following instructions.
>>
>>43625483
I think you're full of shit. But just prime them grey and slap a couple of washes on them.
>>
>>43625483
See if a capable friend is willing to paint them for a nominal fee. If your group has all the players chipping in on the game, maybe painting at least the monsters could be their contribution.
>>
>>43625483
I just undercoated them a light grey/white 50/50 mix then went for thin coats of a flesh shade tone, adding white and copying the areas that need highlighting off a good example on CMON. The survivors I've done so far came out really well...

VERY thin coats and a tiny amount of acrylic flow improver, those are my tips.
>>
>>43626730
>I think you're full of shit.
Probably, but ive been painting (digital and traditional) for a long time so color theory, block painting, shading and all that stuff isnt a new concept to me but i'm not familiar with the techniques to achieve specific effects in this medium.

>>43626875
No group here. Most of my friends arent into roleplaying and tabletop anymore or are too busy/too far away for regular sessions. Might be able to organize two players but i wouldnt want them to paint anything.

>>43627079
I'm probably overthinking things. The minis are surprisingly small outside of the phoenix so errors would probably be really hard to spot. They just look much bigger in those close ups that are posted by professionals. I vaguely remember painting my tau army back then and rigorously following the mixing instructions to achieve a particular color from the codex. I would later abandon this method and draw straight from the pot and it didnt look much worse but was a lot faster.
>>
>>43627303
>straight from the pot
Thin yo' paints
>>
>>43627079
Could you share pics of the results?
>>
The antelope confounds me. Seems like he's really not much harder than the Lion, but my luck always swings against me in the clutch. Whiped me once, and took 3/4 down last time. Next is the Butcher, but maybe I ought to hunt a lion or two after that.
>>
>>43627303
>>i dont really want to go back into the hobby
>>need a billion different colors
>>I've been painting (digital and traditional) for a long time

Something really doesn't sound right about your attitude. If you're a painter you should be able to mix colors easily.
But there are plenty of speed painting shortcuts that will have your minis done in no time to a low level. Dipping is probably what you should look at.
>>
>tfw you're denied your witch boy and instead get a witch babe.

Hopefully this gets taken care of soonish. Granted, I'm in no rush to assemble and paint my little witchys anyway.
>>
>>43630345
Antelope moves a lot more, and when it moves it damages you.
>>
>>43630599
>Something really doesn't sound right about your attitude.
I just don't feel too hyped about buying yet another batch of colours and tools that i would only use for a short time and for a specific medium that i'm not too interested in.
>>
>>43635721
There are usually painters at you FLGS you could pay to have your stuff painted. Obviously check out their stuff before hiring.
>>
>>43635721
Maybe borrow from or split the price with a friend who does?
>>
>>43637603
Actually, this. If you don't want to spend the cash, and are on good terms with painters at your FLGS, you can usually find someone to let you dip into their paint supply for small projects (i.e. The survivors and maybe some monsters, you are SoL for this on the Phoenix. That's a lot of damn paint). I guess this would depend on the guys at your store, but I know myself and some guys at mine wouldn't mind loaning some paint for a few minis.
>>
>>43637682
Just use someone's paints then buy them a beer
>>
>>43640412
Six pack, anon.
>>
>>43599356

Is there something super good about augury that I'm missing? I haven't used it since like year 3.
>>
If a child is born, are they able to be used as a player character right away, or after a set number of years?
>>
Bumpan
>>
>>43647408
Right away, to give those monsters a little snack before they eat your experienced survivors.
>>
>>43647491
Thanks. New kid had some nice buffs, and my old character had died, so might as well start powering up the lucky kid.
>>
>>43645507
That 8+.

Unless you had 3-4 matchmakers out of the gate (after the butcher, he's the gate), or you just have always been starved for endeavors...

Intimacy is amazing. Just tonight we had a party wipe and thanks to graves and collective toil we had a whole heap of endeavors to spend. We used our matchmaker, and then proceeded to roll augury. It's not amazing, but when you have nothing but endeavors... It works in a pinch.

As a parting note though... Making intimacy worth it is a planning thing. If you chose the right innovations...
>>
File: 1437960160836.png (360 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1437960160836.png
360 KB, 500x322
Well fuck. We just got stuffed hard by a level 1 lion.

Lost a good survivor, and another was severely crippled. Team used all our resources to complete their paired bonuses, leaving one of us with a founding stone as their only weapon.

Butcher is next year. We are well and proper fucked.
>>
>>43650149
You DO know that when a survivor dies, only their gear with the irreplaceable keyword is lost, right?
Even unique gear that's not irreplaceable gets brought back to the settlement, even if you TPK'ed
>>
>>43647691
For details on why this makes sense, see the short comic story at the end of the book.
Apparently eating monster flesh and/or sleeping afterwards makes you an instant adult. And gives you huge gazongas. Giggity
>>
>>43643466
Six pack is if you used their green stuff.
>>
>>43651003
Yes, I am aware. However, we had half our weapons break that hunt phase due to poor rolls on an event chart.

After the lion savaged us, we gave a foudning stone to a new survivor, and the 2 players that went for paired weapons didn't give the founding stone survivor one of their weapons because they both want to have the paired benefit.

I argued that they can have it back later, and that leaving one player with a shit weapon and hedging bets that the two kitted characters don't die suddenly is not in our best interest. If they die in the butcher fight, we don't get their stuff to fight him with, and I thought if he wipes our group, we lost some stuff stored at settlement (if not only resources, possibly the weapons sent there, I'd need to check what he breaks). If butcher can break stored gear, and not just resources, we stand to be stuck with little to no gear on year 5 with a bunch of mook characters.
>>
>>43651091
Okay, just checked, and it is just resources that can be destroyed if we wipe to butcher. So not absolute destruction.

Still, that would be several broken lanterns lost, which hurts.
>>
>>43651030
We just spent an hour working out a family tree after about six years of playing in order to work out our family tree to figure out if we had already into incest.

Turns out we haven't, but someone the one player that was least interested in the game has fathered nine children, six of which have died to bad encounters with the Butcher and the Kings Man.
>>
>>43651113
Yeah, me and my brother lost 3 Iron to him. Shit sucked.
>>
>>43651137
Father of hosts.
Never send him on a hunt and just keep him around as a stud.
>>
>>43650149
Shit. At least you had bone weapons I bet. We drew NO BONES after the Tutorial. We were FUCKED.
>>
>>43651030
Huh, that makes sense. I figured the girl in the comics was a Savior or something.
>>
>>43613469
Lion spear too is nice.
>>
>>43651723
No, actually, it's been stated that it's Aya the survivor / survivor pinup / girl from beyond the wall diorama.
You can even see where her skull helm comes from.
>>
>>43651030
I thought it was because the finger she eats was eitger part of a phoenix, or had a phoenix item on it, causing weird time bullshit to go wild on her?
>>
>come in late to games night, friends have just finished setting up the prologue
>second guy chucks the stone at the lion
>crits his dick off
>gets the nuts made into a lucky charm
Thus began the story of King Testicles and his band of absolute morons
>>
>>43618289
Thin your paints.
>>
>>43652023

This exact thing literally just happened in my game Friday night.

...Laura?
>>
File: -v-_background.png (53 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
-v-_background.png
53 KB, 800x800
>>43652287
Hi Josh.

Not Laura~
>>
>>43652303

GLORIOUS.

BTW - Tits McGee also has a mini now too.
>>
File: fighter.jpg (239 KB, 1483x783) Image search: [Google]
fighter.jpg
239 KB, 1483x783
>>
>>43652365
Oh shit, do you call the starting survivor on the player 1 card tits McGee too?
>>
>>43652438
I really love the non female figures in this game. It's a shame but the perverse pawg doll aesthetics of the females really ruins it for me and my group.
>>
>>43654585
There's nothing stopping you guys from using a 3rd party replacement in a co-op game. I always figured most people preferred that alternative and just used the KD models for collection purposes.
>>
File: Rawhide-Kit.jpg (92 KB, 538x424) Image search: [Google]
Rawhide-Kit.jpg
92 KB, 538x424
>>43654585
I guess I find that a bit weird that you say that. Outside of pinups and collector models, the overwhelming majority of the female models in the core game seem fairly mundane.
>>
>>43651847
I think that new humans just grow fast. That's why they achieve so much in the few years the game lasts.
>>
>>43654992
We dont even know how long a lantern year actually is. For all we know it could be a couple of weeks, seeing as how one white lion is apparently enough to feed a dozen people for a lantern year.
>>
>>43654585
I agree with >>43654818 in that the game's female models do not appear to be overly sexualized. The pin-ups are a different matter, but practicality seems to prevail for the armour kits for the most part.
(Exception here is Dragon Armour, which features an open chest on both the male and the female).

Just completed sleeving all the cards in the game. Took quite a while, but is probably worth it in the long run.
>>
>>43655106
>Just completed sleeving all the cards in the game.
what brand of sleeves did you use?
>>
>>43655430
Main cards (everything that's not a Gear card, Settlement Location or Settlement Event): Swan Premium 57x90mm Standard USA sleeves, SWN-504, pack of 100.

Gear cards: Swan Standard 52x52mm square sleeves, SWN014 (currently out of stock), pack of 160.

Settlement Event card: Ultra Pro Postcard Sleeves, 100 Sleeves, Stock #81225.
Cut one down to size and used a 2nd per event to create proper sleeving.

Settlement Location card: MLB Ultra Pro One-Touch Horizontal Booklet Resealable Bag, 50 per pack, Stock #84170.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.