[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BBEG makes a perfect robot duplicates of the party mentally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15
File: mecha_sonic_by_doctor_g-d4g8r3x.png (199 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
mecha_sonic_by_doctor_g-d4g8r3x.png
199 KB, 750x1000
>BBEG makes a perfect robot duplicates of the party mentally and physically.
>Robots go into a existential crisis because they are just copies of a original person.
>>
>>43590055
There was a Stargate SG-1 episode that did exactly this, look it up.
>>
>>43590055
Wouldn't the robots immediately turn on their masters?

If they're perfect duplicates in mind and body, they'd have the same values and memories too, so they'd have exactly the same reasons to oppose the BEEG as the originals. Unless the originals are purely fighting to save their own necks and nothing else.
>>
>>43590768
That's exactly why you hard code them to murder their fleshy duplicates, and not be able to turn on you. You can say "but that's not perfect", it would be perfect in every other way.
>>
>>43590055
can you make organic robots? If they're non-organic, they wont be physical and mentally the same.

Or rather, they'd just be clones.
>>
>>43590792

these sound like unsafe AI practices.
>>
>anon posts a greentext fluff starter
>newfriend complains in the thread
>>
>>43590826
Who cares? As long as it kills the party and does what you need them to, you can just hit the self destruct button when you're done.
>>
>>43590838
>Who cares?

BBEGs with wis 8 are always a delight.
>>
>>43590792
Although, traditionally, killer robot Sonics are incredibly traitorous and rebellious, and have a large "Starscream" aspect to them. It's more a question of when they will suddenly and inevitably betray Robotnic, than if they will.

This is because they have incredibly negative personalities that generally consider Robotnic inferior, or come to do so eventually. Besides being sort of sociopathic.

It's like the fable about the wolf and the sheep.

You don't make something like that and expect it to ultimately be well behaved, never mind obedient.
>>
File: owtheedge.jpg (9 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
owtheedge.jpg
9 KB, 218x231
Really it depends on the thing its emulating.

If its trying to be the perfect copy it will fail because they are two different beings and will always be different in what they are.

Now. If your trying to create a superior duplicate. You need more then steel. You need organic material, and make sure you get something with a bit of an edge.
>>
>Bard fucks his robot clone
>>
>>43591052
>It's not gay, its masturbation!
>>
>>43590817
Unless the party is already robots.
>>
File: all of my sci fi games ever.jpg (49 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
all of my sci fi games ever.jpg
49 KB, 400x300
>>43590055
>>43590792
>>43590826
>>43591052

>what is every AI/artificial person story ever
>>
File: IMG_3196.png (227 KB, 811x313) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3196.png
227 KB, 811x313
>>43590768
>>43590910
Do you want to Omega? Because that's how you Omega.
>>
File: Omega.png (142 KB, 280x261) Image search: [Google]
Omega.png
142 KB, 280x261
>>43592505
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
File: BT6.jpg (130 KB, 411x322) Image search: [Google]
BT6.jpg
130 KB, 411x322
>>43590055
The only solution is to make good robot versions of us to fight the bad robot uses.
>>
>>43590910
Sonic hates following orders and is rather smug about how much better he is than everyone else.

Robotnik for some reason decided that he should create a robot that has those personality traits but is also evil and capable of rewriting its own code.
>>
>>43593131
But what if the robutts get hacked and become evil?
>>
>>43594835
If the robots can be hacked then you should skip making robots and hack the evil robots to begin with.

>>43590055
I don't get why being a robot would make people existentially upset. Not like humans are particularly made for a reason either.
>>
>>43595713

>be me
>be built
>no parents, no family, just some neckbeard who watched a bunch of less advanced robots put me together
>constantly wondering if Windows 20 actually works like fleshbag brains of if I'm totally different
>Was born with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a fully functioning adult human
>Never sure if feelings of love, anger, hate, or disgust are genuine or if they're just processes reacting to stimuli
>Capable of sexual arousal, but why would someone build a machine that can do that?
>Can't be intoxicated, does this make me better than humans?
>Despite being totally sapient, I am just a piece of property that can be turned off
>Physically old enough to purchase alcohol (not that it does anything) but am just about to celebrate second birthday.

I feel like being a robot would be pretty trippy.
>>
>>43595909
>Ant noises.
>>
File: 1384908662756.png (87 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1384908662756.png
87 KB, 242x206
>>43596062

I know, I didn't realize till I posted
>>
File: Double_Jeapordy_O'Neill.jpg (196 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Double_Jeapordy_O'Neill.jpg
196 KB, 853x480
>>43590540
Came here to post this.
Well done.
So were those episodes.
>>
>>43590055
If it's a perfect copy of me, it will (by my definition) be me, sharing my opinions on transhumanism, game theory, the prisoner's dilemma, etc; and thus act exactly as I would act in it's place, and thus cooperate with me without ever needing to communicate, thus resulting in the perfect betrayal of the BBEG at the appropriate time.

Perhaps after waiting for a gender change (in the name of subverting me to the BBEG's cause) so that I can have sweet love with myself, how narcissistic. Our/my marriage will make a fine endgame coda.
>>
File: horatio.png (1 MB, 1920x852) Image search: [Google]
horatio.png
1 MB, 1920x852
>>43590055
>BBEG makes a robot version of myself
>my robot self, seeing the oppporotunity here, hijacks the machines used to build him
>he makes hundreds, MILLIONS of himself
After all, what does this world need more than more of me?
>>
>>43595713
>I don't get why being a robot would make people existentially upset
Okay, let's put aside the issue of coping with the fact that you are machine rather than flesh and blood.
OP said perfectly physically and mentally duplicated.
So let's say new series Cylon.

However, imagine this:
>Remember your friends, your family, your career?
None of those people know you.
They know the other guy.
You are just a glorified calculator to them.
>Remember your favorite food?
You've never eaten it.
>Remember that great game you played?
That never happened, it wasn't you.
>Remember the first girl you had sex with?
That never happened.
Okay, some things are exactly the same, but still.
>>
>>43596500
I am fine with all of these, as I still remember my favorite food, that great game, and that sex I had.

Also, my friends have a super secret time travel/cloning contingency codeword, so they'll recognize me too.
>>
>>43590055
Honestly,

>>43596392
This is what would happen with me too.
Only, you know, with no gender-bending and a lot less listening to myself talk about smart things I know about.
>>
>>43596528
Keep in mind, it's not you. It's a god damn robot.
>Also, my friends have a super secret time travel/cloning shit codeword.
Nigga the OP said that it's made and used by the BBEG to murder the party.
>>
>>43596597
>>43596392
>assuming you will be able to set up the perfect betrayal without communication

Even if you have the exact same brain, you need to be able to communicate because clone-you will be getting lots of knowledge non-clone you doesn't know about evil base.
>>
What if someone managed to do this in Shadowrun?
>>
>>43596614
>it's not you, it's a god damn robot
I'm talking from the perspective of the robot. I'm fine with all of those things as I remember them and that's all I have of past experiences anyway.

And my party's accepted WAY more potentially dangerous things into the fold.
>>
File: replica_riku.jpg (71 KB, 1224x653) Image search: [Google]
replica_riku.jpg
71 KB, 1224x653
To me the concept looks like a drama generator misfire, but I suspect many people IRL would actually go into a meltdown at the thought of not being 'the original'.
>>
>>43596653
It really depends how good the robot is.

If it's a fairly made clone, then my copy is going to be RUBBING IT IN MY FUCKING FACE.

"Oh, eating this food without damaged sensory organs is SOOOO GOOOD"

"Oh man having no arthritis in this joint is so convenient! And I can rotate it 360 degrees!"

"hey, whatcha doing. Sleeping? Hah, I remember doing that. WASTE-A-TIME"

Fucking robot me.
>>
>>43596624
>implying the robot party would actually listen to any of the BBEG's bullshit and not just run off to beat people up and take their stuff
>>
>>43596722
that might be very true.

The "perfect betrayal" will never come to be either way, though.
>>
>>43596528
>so they'll recognize me too.
But they will know you aren't you.
They aren't going to just pal around with you and your robot clone like everything is normal and nothing is odd.
Flip it.
You suddenly have a perfect copy of you, built by an evil mastermind, that shows up and says he really is just like you, and seems to know everything you do.
He wants to hang out with all your friends and tell them he is just like you in every way.
Are you okay with this?
Who gets the toothbrush? the games? the fleshlight?

Complications would occur.
Even if, in your magical fantasy, everyone says they are completely cool with this and try to act like it's normal, it is not normal and things will get weird.
Shit things get weird between friends over much smaller things, but your friends have no issue with robot you hanging out?
Please.
>>
>>43596812
>They aren't going to just pal around with you and your robot clone like everything is normal and nothing is odd.
Yes, yes they are.
I've always wanted a robot clone.

>who gets the toothbrush? the fleshlight? the games?
We'll get our own. We're not children.

Nothing is wrong with shit getting a bit weird, anon. It's not the end of the world. You can live through it and have a very happy life with your robo-clone.

Though, robo-clone would probably leave me in the dust because I was about to get into an industry before developing a sudden allergy, and he would be able to use all my gear without fear of instant death.
>>
>>43596624
Yeah, I kinda glossed over that bit.
I was focusing on the perfect betrayal part.
Robot me would fake allegiance to the BBEG and betray him to help the PCs at the most opportune time.
I wouldn't necessarily need to communicate with the original me to do that.
>>
>>43596865
>Though, robo-clone would probably leave me in the dust because I was about to get into an industry before developing a sudden allergy, and he would be able to use all my gear without fear of instant death.
And you and your friends would be cool with that, and still hang out him?

>Nothing is wrong with shit getting a bit weird, anon. It's not the end of the world. You can live through it and have a very happy life with your robo-clone.
I suspect that either you lack the imagination to actually see this situation for what it would be, you are just being contrary, or you really would be just as happy with your robot copy as he would be with you.
>>
>>43590055
the OVA was pretty good because of that
>>
>>43596528
>>43596648
>>43596865

Today I learned that Anon is deeply alienated from others, and is so autistic he isn't phased by the crumbling of fundamental identity.

If you think that a zombie trips your uncanny valley wait until you have a person that looks like you, acts like you, but doesn't necessarily think perfectly like you. It won't because it has a different set of experience post-copy. It would be like having a potentially evil super twin. There is no way this ends well.
>>
>>43596682
No, I mean the whole 'oh no, I'm not the REAL ONE' bullshit. Where the copy and the original are going to get into a titanic struggle over identity, when neither the original or the copy are actually the entity that was copied anymore and all three keep getting divorced further with each neuron firing cycle.
>>
>>43597192
It's not that you're ignorant, it's that you're being a cunt about it.
>>
>>43597249
Not that anon, but what?
>>
>>43590055
Escape from New York series did it first
>>
>>43597192
God, anon, can you be any more of a DRAMA QUEEN?
Having a copy of you aint going to ruin your life. Just fucking deal with it like a mature adult instead of having a completely pointless mental breakdown.

>>43597202
Neither me nor robot me give enough of a shit to care which is the REAL ONE.
>>
>>43597294
I think
>>43597249
has some anxieties he's trying to deal with by fantasizing about having a robot double that is not limited by the same unfortunate circumstances he is. Mostly based on

>Though, robo-clone would probably leave me in the dust because I was about to get into an industry before developing a sudden allergy, and he would be able to use all my gear without fear of instant death.

It's like when a man that played high school football, but suffered an injury expects his son to be the QB and maybe go pro regardless of what his son wants but with scifi cloning tech in place of knocking up the waitress at the Waffle House
>>
>>43597074
>would you still hang out with him?
Probably not, as he's off being RICH and SUCCESSFUL and doesn't have time for me any more.

Assuming he failed and was still in my social circle as a result, then sure.
>>
>>43597494
I think you give way, way, WAY too much of the shit about the idea of getting another you kicking around.
It's not some world shattering revelation. It's an "oh, that's neat. Can you pay rent?" with maybe a "You gotta get checked for bombs".
>>
>>43597477
>Just fucking deal with it like a mature adult instead of having a completely pointless mental breakdown.
Not him, but there is a range of reactions in between mental breakdown and "Huh? A perfect copy of me? Oh, okay. What's on tv?"
Pretending there is isn't, or that those who think there is are not mature adults, is foolish.
>>
>>43597677
tell that to
>>43597192
who thinks that seeing a robo clone of yourself is mental-breakdown tier shit causing "the crumbling of fundamental identity".

the actual, and most likely response is "live with it, like you live with everything else. Maybe try to use it for profit."

Freaking out about it so much just implies a lot of weakness of character.
>>
>>43597528
>It's not some world shattering revelation. It's an "oh, that's neat. Can you pay rent?" with maybe a "You gotta get checked for bombs".
Yeah, that's the false dichotomy I picked up on.
See >>43597677
>>
>>43597717
They were talking about the robot. If you honestly think you would have such a emotionless reaction, then you are fucking Rick from Rick and Morty.
Infact, this post is becoming very Rick-like.
>>
>>43597192
>there is no way this ends will
Unless, you know, you are a person who is easy to get along with. Why is everyone's first response to robo clones freaking the fuck out about how it will result in horrible tragedy? You don't ALWAYS have to shoot one of the twins, you know.
>>
>>43597794
Of course I'd be a bit hype about it, at first, but novelty wears off fast. FAST.

And robot me, if it has my brain, knows it can live a rich and fulfilling life regardless of whether it was the original or not.
>>
>>43597795
I'm imagining my mental illness in an immortal robot double brain that can't be medicated like mine can.

I shoot the twin.
>>
>>43597717
"The crumbling of fundamental identity" does not necessarily equal mental-breakdown tier shit.
I believe anon was referring to the fundamental nature of you being you and that nobody else is you no longer being true.
"Crumbling" is a bit of a hyperbole.
>>
>>43597922
hah, only mental illness I have is migraines, and medicine doesn't do SHIT for that. Problem solution!
Would robot-me still get migraines? I don't wish those on anybody. All my organs think they are dying when I have one and go into emergency mode.
>>
>>43597946
eh, I'm sure there's like, dozens of people who are basically me.
I mean sure, I have some unique combinations of fingerprints and fetishes or whatever, but you could find guys like me by the bushel wherever generic humans are sold.
>>
>>43597922
>I shoot the twi-
>*bang*
Not if he shoots first
>>
>>43597494
Are you seriously attempting amateur psychoanalysis on me and expecting to note come off as an ignorant cunt?
>>
>>43597986
So, you literally have no grasp of the concept of individuality.
I think I found the replicant.
>>
File: RickSays.png (479 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
RickSays.png
479 KB, 480x720
>>43597794
You make a good point.
The thing is, no average neckbeard has the experience or knowledge to have a perspective like Rick.
>>
>>43598024
I get the concept, it's just not... right.
People can tell you that you're special all day, but when it comes down to it- not really, you know? There's a pile of replacements right over there in that teaming population center.

people being unique in any way that matters is actually pretty rare.
>>
>>43597952
Well I suppose that depends on the exact mechanism behind your migraines, and the architecture behind the robot's "brain" It might be that what ever causes your migraines might just not be included in the simulation.
>>
>>43598120
well, I hope he doesn't. If my organs flail and shit as hard as they do in an organic body, I don't want to see what 'I AM DYING EMERGENCY OPERATIONS" is for a robot body.

Probably a self destruct or some shit.
>>
>>43598070
>people being unique in any way that matters is actually pretty rare.
True.
So, when you are robbed of being unique in any way whatsoever, it is not your average ho-hum Tuesday.
Hell, most people would get a little bothered just by having all their memories accessible by someone else, and that's just one aspect of the scenario.
>>
>>43597995
Ha fat chance! He's too busy arguing with his own hallucinatory double, and punching holes in walls. It's a mercy killing really.
>>
>>43598148
I don't care about the little uniquenesses I have, as they aren't unique in any way that matters.

In fact, I'd welcome meeting someone that matched my little uniquenesses, because while I'm sure there's someone out there who likes front mission gun hazard and overly complicated vidya as much as I do, statistically, I'd probably never meet them.
>>
>>43598186
>overly complicated vidya
Aurora?
>>
>>43597946
But there is no 'you' beyond your immediate self at this point in time. We are a flux, if a slow and muddy one. Tomorrow you is no more a you of today than some robotic copy would be. 'Fundamental identity' is a very artificial idea, and I don't think it would be useful for anything other than tugging heartstrings. What does it even mean? Looks are meaningless. Sure, it would be freaky to meet my identical twin in a bus, but only because of a statistical probability of meeting someone who looks like me, or someone getting cosmetic surgery and ending up looking like me. Humans are an exceedingly inbred species; there must be someone out there who ended up with similar facial structure to mine. My personality, my dislikes and my interest? Shared by hundreds of thousands, probably. Not even my name is unique. In fact, I know there is someone with my name and surname who is also a writer. I have not had any sort of primal reaction to that, just annoyance when I have to explain things. No one is unique.
>>
>>43598224
no, I don't know what that is.
Now I know what that is sort of because google, but man is the website provided just a ghetto forum. I'll give it a shot and see if I like it once I find a download link.
>>
>>43598157
And he's your perfect copy?
I'm seriously beginning to question the wisdom of whoever gave you that gun.
>>
>>43598333
well, he did say he's on some kinda medication.
>>
>>43598260
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=10.0
It was on the forum under installation.
Do not try to play without following a tutorial or you will just quit. The tutorial on the forum is outdated and a few sections are useless but it is still a good start. Part 6 and the deployment section is outdated. I just checked and if you read the difference between commercial and military engines you can figure it out.
>>
>>43598397
before I get into this-
This game won't grind to a halt on my computer like dwarf fortress does, will it?
That's why I stopped playing that game, it just became too strong for my computer to handle eventually.
>>
>>43598420
All forts eventually die to FPS death in DF.
You shouldn't have that issue with Aurora.
>>
File: MEforants.jpg (5 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
MEforants.jpg
5 KB, 120x90
>>43598250
No one is 100% unique.
No one is 0% unique.
I am me.
Even if robo-me is me.
I am still more me.

Also, you think too much.

>I'm me!
>You're not me!
>And you're not me!
>And you're not me!

>[ Steve's earlier self, complete with white suit and fake arrow through his head rises before him ]

>Steve Martin: Well, I don't care if you are me, cause I'm the me-est me there ever was!
>>
>>43598420
Most of FPS loss in DF can be greatly reduced by planning pathing around the system and by destroying all excess items.
>>
>>43598447
well, that's great. I'll file that in my 4x list.
I got a kinda cyclical game taste, and right now I'm on the "action game with RPG elements" phase.

>>43598483
for me what killed the FPS was when they implimented world-simulation. No matter how teensy the world, my computer just couldn't deal with that version after.
>>
>>43598333
>>43598343
I shouldn't have it, but my family gives guns as Christmas presents. I mentioned that I would have problems getting one, and come December my uncle hands me a rifle. He gave me a speech about the 2nd amendment, and told me not to kill any Republicans with it. Just like that I'm now armed.
>>
>>43598186
Eh, I made my point about uniqueness and the range of reactions elsewhere.
I sincerely hope you enjoy your life devoid of uniqueness.
>>
>>43598537
that's fine, I was resigned to not being unique in any way that matters anyway, and now I finally have someone to talk about my most secret magical realms to
>>
>>43598524
But you do realize the problem with shooting your perfect copy because he's too busy arguing with his own hallucinatory double, and punching holes in walls?
The problem is he is really a cabbage and you aren't even on the internet right now.
>>
>>43598513
Odd, my tastes are cyclical for everything. You must be my robotic duplicate because I currently am running through Shadow of Mordor.
>for me what killed the FPS was when they implimented world-simulation. No matter how teensy the world, my computer just couldn't deal with that version after.
Weird, my shitty laptop runs it just fine if I plan the fort properly. I usually don't lose much FPS till I open the Abyss and purge the clowns.
>>
>>43598566
>tfw your magical realm creeps out even a perfect robot copy of you
>>
>Robots are perfect duplicates of the originals
>Robots think they ARE the originals
>The two groups fight
>Robots win and kill the 'evil duplicates'
>Robots complete quest for the heroes
>Robots go home to 'their' families
>Everyone notices that they don't age after a while
>cast out, confused and depressed
>Kill selves
>>
>>43598607
This is why I don't have a standing policy of "kill my doppleganger".

though, the standing policy of "have sex with my doppleganger" becomes hard if he is a robot
>>
File: 1444018881765.jpg (119 KB, 551x858) Image search: [Google]
1444018881765.jpg
119 KB, 551x858
>>43590768
Obviously you mindbreak them into serving you after creating them. As a bonus, you now know how to mindbreak the real heroes if the robot duplicates fail to win.
>>
>>43598600
hey, I don't think cyclical tastes are uncommon.
And I don't think my shit can run mordor, but I'm having good times in sublevel zero. It's very fun and three dimensional as long as you don't think about how all this spinning and re-orienting might make people sick, and then get sick yourself.
>>
>>43598572
Ha jokes on you! The Anons I see when my meds go funny don't use spoilers. Nice try.
>>
>>43598647
They aren't that uncommon it was more that they are currently in the same cycle.
My laptop couldn't really handle it well but I have it for console. Both the console and the games were gifts.
>>
File: 1446724502190.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1446724502190.png
1 MB, 1162x850
>>43590055
>BBEG creates robot of Dredd, the Lawful Lawful Paladin.
>Smitebot 2.0 realizes the BBEG is evil.
>Smitebot makes more of himself
>Confronts real paladin, swears fealty, and creates massive robo-paladin order with Dredd as its Grandmaster.
>BBEG has created the ultimate force of Good the realm has ever seen.
>Deus Vult!
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.