[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: Crackling Doom.png (130 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Crackling Doom.png
130 KB, 223x311
>How'd you do over the weekend?
>What did you bring to FNM?
>Any new decks planned/built for this week?
>>
>>43589764
Alright. Jund Eldrazi did fine, mono-red aggro did better
Jund Eldrazi. Too slow against Atarka Red, but did OK against Dark Jeskai
Further tweaking of Eldrazi and RDW. Losing Swiftspear is going to suck so bad.
>>
kinda meh, 2-3 in standard, 1-1-1 in draft
Abzan Control
I will either turn my Abzan control into a more midrangeish deck but make it alot more boring, or I will play a RB eldrazi deck which a friend of mine topeighted with last week.
>>
File: JeskaiTremors.png (27 KB, 609x295) Image search: [Google]
JeskaiTremors.png
27 KB, 609x295
>>43589764
>Playan
Pic Related
>New Decks
I'm mulling over a cheap mono green hardened scales deck.
>>
>>43590267
I had a deck like that last Standard. Mine was burn and Convoking Obelisk of Urd with tokens to make huge Goblins.

How's that one working for you?
>>
>>43590283
It went 2/2 last Friday. First match was against Atarka Red that did her combo and got me pretty good. Then I went up against Esper Demonic Pact and Mono Red and killed them with Descent of the Dragons in the late game. (Seriously, 4-6 4/4 fliers is the shit) Last match went up against Esper Control and we almost went to time before he was able to pop his Narset's ultimate and won by default. All-in-all it was a good night though.
>>
File: jund.v3.png (404 KB, 1872x1044) Image search: [Google]
jund.v3.png
404 KB, 1872x1044
>>43589764
>>How'd you do over the weekend?
Did ok.

>>What did you bring to FNM?
Aggro jund. it was super cute, but had a lot of dead draws as the game progressed. ire shaman is still a baller though.

>>Any new decks planned/built for this week?
midrange jund. been playing it online. fucking tree beats for 5 is baller.
>>
>>43591258
What's tree beats?
>>
>>43589764

I top8'd at the gamestore, they do a tournament every sunday that has like 30~ people typically. Scrubbed out cause I misplayed like a mongloid retard.

Grixis Control

Kind of want to build some kind of Jund with den protectors/kolaghans commands/ that rakdos dragon that puts 3 drops from the gy into play and that wood bellower nigger.
>>
File: tree beats.png (136 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
tree beats.png
136 KB, 223x311
>>43592941
woodland wanderer bruh. easily drops as a 5/5 vigilance trample on-curve and demands an answer or takes over the game.
>>
>>43593463

this shit gonna replace rhino when it rotates out. Mark my words. Also, this card is technically usable with hardened scales.
>>
>>43589764
>entered a local pptq
>top 16 out of around 80 people
man, the regret. i could've get into top 8 if i win/tied on the last match..
>>
>>43593586
Well at least you don't have the brainless Lightning Helix that comes with Rhino
>>
>>43593803
>rhino has better upside
>"t-this isn't as b-brainless guise"
Your everyday shitter, everyone
>>
3rd at last FNM, 2nd at draft, both had ~15 people
B/U Aristocrats with playset of clever impersonators. Copying siege rhinos is hilarious, at one point I had 3 rhinos played during match vs enemy's 1.
This is too hilarious to stop. I'm building a tiny leaders deck though because my LGS is going to start events for that.
>>
File: 1446004133597.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1446004133597.png
209 KB, 510x346
Building a RWG Ally Deck... is it really worth it to run Zada and Buffs? It almost feels like I'd get a lot better mileage filling a lot of those spots with other Allies or some board control instead of hoping I can get an amazing dunk scenario setup.

I mean, I did manage to pull of a Become Immense + Temur Battle Rage during an all-in to cause around 45 damage in one turn but that was just one perfect opportunity.
>>
Abzan Rally, I was the guy who posted the first general idea of the deck on here with all the Darkseid shit.

have slowly changed with suggestions and ideas and it is quite strong, I haven't lost FNM yet.

people hate me, they hate playing against "that deck that kills you and never attacks"
>>
I finally quit competitive MTG after seeing the kind of players in associated with.
>>
>>43595513
you're supposed to want to beat those idiots at their own game, not get chased off by SJ buzzwords and the Feelings Police.

get yoked, show up with a sorority chick, wreck a ptq with your hand down the back of her low rise jeans.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28 KB, 715x226) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28 KB, 715x226
Rate my standard deck bois
>>
>>43595513
It's too late for you to quit. Even if you DID manage to quit, you will come back. Proof: you did.
>>
>>43589764
wow could this card be any more badly miscolored?

smallpox does the exact same thing for 2 black
>>
File: 1396862531233.jpg (30 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1396862531233.jpg
30 KB, 500x566
>Orderd the last pieces of my standard deck 12 days ago
> still hasn't arrived
>standard tournament on friday
>called norwegian post office
>it wont come untill monday

hold me /tg/ ;_;
>>
>>43597063
borrow cards desu
>>
>>43597063
Borrow that shit my man
>>
>>43597037
>Each player vs each opponent
>Discard a card cost
>Greatest power rather than any creature

Throw in the years between their design and you've got two very different cards.
>>
>>43596485
Add 4 jace
>>
>>43594636
I'm running RW allies, and I find Zada to be really useful.
>bring shit like defiant strike, temur battle rage for serious boosts
>enshrouding mist / chandra's ignition to end the game
>even if you got nothing, forces people to deal with it before you get the above out, allowing other useful allies to stay on the field.

My only real complaint is the cost, but I think its not too much of an issue in just a RW - not sure if RWG has trouble getting it out.
>>
If I get an early Beastcaller or two it's not an issue.
>>
>>43597063

Hva trenger du og hvor bor du?
>>
pretty good, went 3-1
R/G Landfall
nah, just tinkering with my current deck, got a pptq saturday.
>>
File: play standard with this crap.jpg (451 KB, 1976x664) Image search: [Google]
play standard with this crap.jpg
451 KB, 1976x664
>>43589764

this is what i have, what should I add/remove to take it to FNM
>>
>>43604359
take act of treason out and put outpost siege in
>>
>>43604359

16 card sideboard?
>>
Trying Retreat Control on MTGO atm but it feels like I only get matched with stupid linear ramp decks against which I have 0 chance.

Wat do?
>>
>>43604381
>>43604393
oh i took those acts out and put in 2 X Fiery impulse after i got them signed
>>
>>43604459
then cut the smashes and add outpost siege.
>>
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
4 Blisterpod
2 Bone Splinters
2 Despise
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
4 Sultai Emissary
2 Carrier Thrall
2 Evolutionary Leap
3 Nantuko Husk
3 Catacomb Sifter
3 Abzan Charm
3 Abzan Ascendancy
2 Butcher of the Horde
1 Smothering Abomination
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Canopy Vista
2 Smoldering Marsh
4 Llanowar Wastes
1 Plains
2 Forest
6 Swamp
SB: 2 Self-Inflicted Wound
SB: 3 Minister of Pain
SB: 3 Jaddi Offshoot
SB: 3 Murderous Cut
SB: 2 Ultimate Price
SB: 2 Silkwrap

Was thinking bringing this to FNM tomorrow. I need to rework the SB a bit, i dont think Jaddi Offshoot and Self-Inflicted Wound will do it. What could cover my bad matchups?
>>
>>43598330
nigga are you kidding me I don't have 4 Jace
>>
>>43607237
>Not owning a playset of $80 Merfolk Looters

Haha get a load of this faggot!
>>
>>43606988
Doesn't look too bad
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.