[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is more powerful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: blabla.png (857 KB, 1700x1336) Image search: [Google]
blabla.png
857 KB, 1700x1336
Lets see how smart /tg/ is
>>
>>43584865
Why would a pyromancer be immune to bullets?
They have nothing to do with fire.
>>
Only one way to settle this.
>>
>>43584879
MAGIC
>>
What's the range on the telepath?
>>
>>43584907
he has to be close enough to talk to them
>>
>>43584896
then both are equally powerful since magic is all powerful
>>
>>43584911
That's pretty ambiguous.
I could talk "to" you right now.
>>
>>43584865
Pyromancer has clearly defined limits, while the Telepath does not. Therefore, telepath controls Pyromancer into dropping from a tall building from a shitty cafe halfway across the world.
>>
>>43584923
no you "cant"

skype would work tho
>>
>>43584865
Telepath. Can take over the entire world and be safe. Pyromancer will always have a huge target over their head.
>>
>>43584865
Telepath Mind Controls Pyromancer into stabbing himself. Having either of those immunities make no sense. Learn some physics. Why not go with a fire immunity?
>>
>>43584945
>immune to heat

HUR DUR FIRE WOULD KILLLL UUU F.AM
>>
File: bouncy.gif (1 MB, 688x387) Image search: [Google]
bouncy.gif
1 MB, 688x387
>>43584865
whoever strikes first, dummy.
>>
>>43584911
Pyromancer ejects perpetual flames in a 500 yard sphere around himself at all times, well outside of speech range and with all atmospheric gases combusted there's no medium for sound waves to travel through for speech to even work anyways

pyromancer walks at the telepath until he's caught within the 500 yard death sphere, if by some miracle he's fire retardant 400 yards into it he is immediately combusted

pyromancer wins
>>
>>43584929
Not to mention when you're a pyromancer it's pretty hard to hide the fact you're superpowered when everything around you is coated in flames.

As a telepath you can keep it a secret and not have to worry about any complications like the government wanting to kill you or some shit and getting killed by something outside of your range.
>>
File: 1443058615036.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1443058615036.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>43584865
>Pyromancer immune to heat
>not immune to suffocation

Dead af
>>
Is mind control the most broken super power?
>>
>>43584957
What if the telepath just mind controls someone who can beat you if they can't get you into your range.
Immunity to bullet is a bit silly, but there are plenty of ways to kill someone outside of 500 yards without bullets.
>>
>>43584937
I easily can. Talking to someone is vague as all hell, it doesn't give clear limitations. You need to better define it.
Is it anyone in range of the telepath's voice or do they have to be able to understand the words the telepath is saying? Does it work if they don't understand the language the telepath is using?

Clarify your shit.
>>
>>43584879
He is immune to everything "fire", of course. You can't fire bullets at him, or rockets, or nukes. He has kick-ass job security, too.
>>
File: Capture.png (10 KB, 545x182) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10 KB, 545x182
>>43584991
fucking retard
>>
>>43585016
So what are the limitations to just talking in terms of specific distance
>>
>>43585016
If you can hear his voice and understand what he is saying, you are fucked
>>
>>43584986
I'm treating the "immunity to heat" thing as just energy resistance because that's what anyone with a middle school understanding of science understands

The 500 meter death sphere is presumably enough to incinerate any projectiles or objects directed towards it, and good luck using an ICBM on someone immune to fucking thermodynamics

A nuclear weapon MAYBE works depending on how the bullshit magic heat-immunity treats radiation damaging cells, but we can go full retard comic book level and handwave some shit about the pyromancer emitting such powerful streams of broad radiation from his own body that the particle interference deflects any negative rays from harming his cells

it's less "telepath vs pyromancer" and more "telepath vs. localized perpetual supernova", and I'm not sure how useful memory manipulation is against a physics defying ball of cleansing flame

the telepath can mind trick himself into thinking he won, which is good enough anyways desu
>>
Telepath would win in a fight, Pyromancer is more universally useful in society.
>>
File: 1442726829805.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1442726829805.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>43585047
>Muh fantasy must be scientificly acurat
>>
>>43585047
What if the telepath took a hostage?
>>
>>43585016
I'm talking to you right now, you just can't hear it, retard.

That's why the specifics are important.

If you have to be able to hear me, telepath is less powerful than if you don't.
>>
>>43584865
If the telepath gets the drop, the mind bend the Pyro into not knowing he's there and then shanking the pyro because knives apparently work on him. That or straight up catanoics the pyro if we logically extend his bullet immunity. If the pyro gets the drop he uses his 5th ability to 'spontaneously combust' the telepath.

Not enough info given to form a proper answer.
>>
File: Capture.png (57 KB, 1700x1336) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
57 KB, 1700x1336
>>43585097
>>
File: 1444497682964.jpg (1 MB, 2109x3310) Image search: [Google]
1444497682964.jpg
1 MB, 2109x3310
King
>>
>>43585152
That's quite a good amount of blank space you have in that picture.
>>
>>43585010
But it's just a high velocity piece of led, not a mini-firerball
>>
>>43585061
A pyromancer is a limitless energy source, whereas a mind-controlling telepath can solve all social issues by becoming the ultimate dictator. A pyromancer might help ending world hunger in a roundabout way, but the telepath can simply command it. Injustice and inequality are things of the past if only he wills it.

The pyromancer though can fuck off to space as a human rocket with infinite specific impulse, anytime he wants, whereas the telepath is stuck with what other people can provide.
>>
>>43584865
Couldn't the telepath control the pyromancer? I think it'd win
>>
>>43585177
It's the "firing" part that makes him not care.
>>
if i'm the telepath can i erase ALL his memories and leave him a babbling sack of skin incapable of speech? because that seems entertaining
>>
>>43584865
Mind control always wins because it's broken as shit.

You even had to tack 'immunity to bullets' onto pyromancy just to make it look less lop sided.
>>
>>43585205
but that's retarded and only works in english. So this pyromancer will take damage from a russian soldier, because he can only shoot but not fire?
>>
>>43585183
>Solve all social issues by becoming the ultimate dictator

No dude, just no. Just being able to read minds and control memories doesn't make you good at it. Realistically a telepath would likely go nuts and self destruct before they could get as far as a president.

I mean, think about how finding or specifying a single memory to erase would be. Also if 'mind reading' is just being able to hear a person's inner monologue that shit would be way less useful than you would expect. If it's more than that I highly doubt you would be able to understand it.
>>
>>43585297
mind control is the key here.
People not being able to say no to you is pretty big.
>>
In a fight, the telepath could probably impair the pyromancer's thalamus or some other part of the brain. Without senses, the pyromancer would be fucked.

If the telepath is advanced enough, he could probably scan the pyromancer's brain for any abnormalities and impair them.
>>
>>43584865
Depends
>>
>>43585272
My imagery is that he could either cancel the bullet's momentum with his fire or melt the bullets, but I imagine the bullet would still hurt a lot if it hit you melted or not.
Both would still be pretty hard given the amount of time you can respond to a bullet and the fact that you don't necessary know if a bullet is going to hit you.
Maybe some type of passive detection, but that goes a bit beyond just the idea of being a fire god.
>>
>>43585272
Hi riddleanon. Still getting mad about trivial things I see.
>>
>>43584865
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU QUALIFYING POWER
>>
>>43585010
Under-roasted tost
>>
Either this is a bait thread, or somebody has a hard on for pyromancers/hateboner for psionics.
>>
Does immunity to heat mean you don't need to create entropy to live, making yourself potentially immortal?
>>
>Go to Merica or Russia
>Mindcontrol my way into the white house /Kreml
>talk them into nuking whatever continent the Pyrocunt is standing on.
>nuke it so fucking hard that there is nothing but glass for a thousand miles so even if the Pyro survives he will die due to starvation.
Easy
>>
>>43584865
Fuck off back to your containment thread cyoafag.
>>
The telepath.
>>
>>43584957
>Pyromancer ejects perpetual flames in a 500 yard sphere around himself at all times
Thanks for asphyxiating yourself
>>
>>43587290
This
Also, 500 yards isn't even much too cover. With some decent speakers or with no people around it's quite easy. So even if the telepath has to be heard/understood, he still wins.
Mindcontrol is simply to overpowered
>>
Any object to combust huh? Anything? Technically the earth is an object. Why not just burn the whole earth and win by default?
>>
File: 6013334.jpe.jpg (75 KB, 488x600) Image search: [Google]
6013334.jpe.jpg
75 KB, 488x600
>>43584865
>Who is more powerful?
I don't care.

I'm gonna play a warforged.

He's a bard.
>>
>>43584865
>who is more powerful
pyromancer.

I CAN FUCKING ROCKET AROUND MOTHERFUCKERS, ALL OF YOU HAVE NOTHING ON ME
>>
>>43587375
Yeah if death is your win condition, stuff becomes really easy all of a sudden.
>>
>>43584937
You are literally having a conversation.
>>
>>43584911
So is a deaf guy immune to the telepath?
>>
File: Nu-uh.gif (562 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
Nu-uh.gif
562 KB, 420x236
>>43584879
Melts bullets as they appproach
>>
>>43585272
>Implying he would allow the powder to ignite

Trifling matters.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.