[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yu-Gi-Oh Ban List
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ElderEntityNorden-CT12-EN-SR-LE.png (368 KB, 305x450) Image search: [Google]
ElderEntityNorden-CT12-EN-SR-LE.png
368 KB, 305x450
/tg/ Give me a good reason why Norden didn't get banned at TCG?
>hurr extintion get banned hurr
>>
>>43580436

Instant Fusion sucks in TCG, and all the other combo pieces are limited
>>
>>43580436
Because Yugioh's banned list is created for the sole purpose of pissing off competitive players rather than to make a good competitive environment. Keeping it around would piss more people off at this point than banning it just yet (and they're probably going to reprint it soon if they haven't already, I haven't been keeping up on reprints), only to ban it when you least expect it.
>>
>>43581199
Actually, it's more centred around killing the top decks so that competitive players will have to buy up new product to carry on playing the game. Konami deliberately kill off all the top decks every 6 months or so before you need to cash out and buy into a new one. It's like rotation, but much more wallet-bleeding and soul-draining.
>>
>>43582732
And yet whenever the difference between yugioh and magic comes up, someone always brings up 'well yugioh doesn't have rotation!'
>>
>>43582795
Mostly because
A) They're idiots.
B) They play online where they can just ignore banlists
C) They're idiots.
>>
>>43580436
I can't believe this is a YGO card. I was sure it was a custom.
>>
>>43582822
ANd don't know that there are nonrotating formats in Magic
>>
>>43583067
I thought the same thing. Probably because it's actually got a pretty simple effect and doesn't just do a spattering of random shit.
>>
>>43583269
So points A and C, then? Good, I already covered that.
>>
>>43583286
I meant the art.
>>
>>43583286
Kinda sad that it's the custom cards that are like that.
>>
>>43582732
That's one possible interpretation.

Another one is that every 6 months, all the players end up playing the same 0TK/1TK decks as everyone else, the meta is on life-support, and the game becomes
>who goes first
>you?
>okay draw
>did you get your combo? oh you did?
>scoop
>repeat two to three times
--OR--
>you didnt get your combo? okay my turn
>i got my combo
>opponent scoops
>repeat two to three times
which is incredibly boring, scares new players from trying to show up, and drives older players away if it goes on too long.

But I keep forgetting that most yugioh players need the ego boost from drawing into a 0TK out of the net deck they built because even the rest of the fucking nerds playing other card games make fun of them.
>>
>>43583562
You don't draw when you go first anymore.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.