[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: And then they fucked.jpg (138 KB, 842x813) Image search: [Google]
And then they fucked.jpg
138 KB, 842x813
Couples Edition

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
>>43578146
First for fuck Sheldon and MaRo.
>>
>>43578178
Oh boy. What did they do now?
>>
Precons a shit edition
>>
ROCK CHUCKER BEST COMMANDER
>>
File: en_3J0IrrCVBA[1].png (171 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_3J0IrrCVBA[1].png
171 KB, 265x370
Probably gonna get the Daxos deck,

What enchantments do you recommend for it?
>>
>>43578221
He looks like he'd work better as part of the 99 in a Feldon deck
>>
>>43578194
No, he's demanding that we fuck them.
>>
>>43578266
Not really, since the tokens don't have a mana cost

He and Kurkesh are best bros though
>>
>>43578263
land tax
oblivion ring
journey to nowhere
luminarch ascension
necropotence
grave pact
blind obedience
>>
>>43578295
Tokens that are copies of creature cards copy everything, including mana costs.
>>
>>43578295
If a token copies a creature it has that creature's printed cmc
>>
>>43578295
For some reason I thought it was power. Very well then.
>>
>>43578308
>Land Tax

I'm REALLY pissed they didn't reprint this

Sphere of Safety is also a good option
>>
>>43578318
>>43578322
Wait

Really? Oh my God this changes everything
>>
>>43578295
>Not really, since the tokens don't have a mana cost
Yes they do. The token copies everything about the card it's copying, including mana cost.
>>
>>43578263
>>43578308

It looks like a deck that really wants to play a bunch of utility and will have a shitty finish.

>muh 3 mana for maybe a big creature that I have to spend a lot of mana and cards getting a bunch of counters while simultaneously keeping a specific creature on the board in order for them to do anything but attack

Daxos a shit. He's the kind of shit came about while drinking one night and drink you decided to eat 10 mega spicy fast food burritos. It sounded like a great idea last night, but now you're dehydrated, hung over, and it feels like Satan is puking out of your asshole.
>>
>>43578263
Star field of Nyx
Enduring ideal
Greater auramancy
Myth Realized
Any of the curses
Nyxfleece Ram
>>
>>43578445
Damn, son, that's a lot of hatred for a card that isn't even THAT bad. Shit, Kalemne is far worse.
>>
>>43578263
Lich.
>>
>>43578474
I probably wouldn't use starfield of Nyx. It kills all of Daxos' tokens.
>>
>>43578263
Moat.
>>
>>43578515
Does it? I would have thought the token's wouldn't be affected by it because their power is already equal to the counters you have.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/santa-claus-and-his-dead-wife/

Any really obvious cards that I should be running that I'm currently not? I want to start buy/trading for this stuff soon.
>>
>>43578263

You want Enchantments that you can cast multiple times. It honestly doesn't matter what they do, you just want to be able to dump mana into them and ramp up your experience counters.

Amazing Tier: Gossamer Chains, Flickering Ward

Good tier: Sun Clasp, Glistening Oil,

Maybe Tier: Cessation, Angelic Destiny

Athreos, God of Passage also works in your colors if you roll with mostly Enchantment Creatures. That way, when they die you can get a chance to cast them again, unless an opponent is willing to pay life to make sure you don't.

Flickering Ward does work in my Jeskai prowess deck, though, so it should be a friend to Daxos.
>>
>>43578620
Warstorm Surge for dat sicknasty ETB damage
>>
>>43578587
>>43578515
Just double checked on this. The token's characteristic defining ability applies in layer 7a, then in layer 7b Starfield would set the p/t of the tokens to their CMC, 0. Shit sucks.
>>
>>43578638
Athreos is an enchantment so he's a bit of a well duh inclusion.
>>
File: 221.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>43578620
I'd try to squeeze Alhammaret's Archive in to turn all that looting into some real card advantage.

>Captcha: STOP
>>
>>43578263
>>43578638
Don't forget the classical enchantment creatures from Urza's Saga. I'm putting Opal Guardian in mine.
>>
>>43578660
>>43578716
These are good, I've also been tempted by vicious shadows.
>>
>>43578759
Meta call, I'd say. If you know players that have a lot of draw or you know a Kruphix player it will wreck their shit
>>
>>43578620

Anything feldon brings back is an artifact that you are going to lose anyway. I would suggest enchantments or creatures that let you sac a creature/artifact for an effect that you like. Just clean up your board of anything that is going to poof at end of turn at the end of your second main phase, and that way you get rewarded coming and going for the things you get out of your graveyard.
>>
>>43578933
My main nigga Bloodshot Cyclops would be great for this.

Do creatures that get brought back with Feldon maintain their color? If not, Barrage Tyrant could put in work
>>
Post your janky ass combo and we guess your commander.

I'll start:
Felhide Spiritbinder + Sword of Feast and Famine.
>>
>>43578263
Hard to splash, but I like underworld dreams.
Get fucked Zegana.
>>
>>43578483
Eh. People have defended it tooth and nail in previous threads as the savior of BW, so in just went in guns blazing. To reiterate what I said so that its less frothy: Daxos had a lot of potential but will ultimately be disappointing because he requires too much set up for the reward. The game could have (and should have) been won by the time Dax is making anything threatening with the amount of mana and cards required to get there.

Even when you look here >>43578474, most of those you actually want to have out as early as possible, like Land Tax. However, Dax tells us to wait until he sees play on T4 (T3 with rocks). Already, we've put ourselves behind, even if it's a little bit. Why? So we can eventually start making creatures for 3 mana a piece.

I dunno. I'm just upset because I was really looking forward to a new BW commander that wasn't based on life, and Dax just doesn't have it. There were so many different ways to go about it, and they just didn't. Shit, they could've still jerked off on Theros and fixed Triad of Fates.
>>
>>43578933
>you are going to lose anyway
Hold the fuck up isn't there a card that let's you skip your end step?
>>
>>43579461
Sundial.
>>
File: 1341864468083.jpg (17 KB, 422x529) Image search: [Google]
1341864468083.jpg
17 KB, 422x529
>>43579419
I feel ya. I was hoping we'd finally get a RW legend that wasn't just another big, dumb beater and that maybe had a way to offset RW's card advantage problem in a fitting, color pie way.

And then Kalemne was revealed and all my hope was lost.
Then we learned of Anya and I realized they somehow managed to make the 4th RW angel legend and not make it Feather and I just didn't care anymore.

They had one job.
>>
I'm so into Meren. I know she's nearly strictly worse than Sheoldred, but my friend and I play real casual. Getting green, more interactivity with the commander, and less """oppressive""" for my 1v1 matches with my room mate really turn me on to her.
>>
>>43579476
There you go right there.
After you get set up you get a semi-permanent copy of any creature in graveyard for just four mana.
Wait nevermind, they still disappear on your opponent's end steps.
Not worth it.
>>
>>43579480
>offset RW's card advantage problem in a fitting, color pie way.
Card disadvantage IS part of red's color pie.
>>
>>43579568
Untrue, red is the color with the most two for ones in most sets. The problem is that it's removal two for ones and destroying two of their things is irrelevant when they draw 4 cards a turn and you're just drawing one.
>>
>>43579532
No, you get to keep them just fine.

lrn2play.
>>
>>43579480
The only overlaps Red and White have beyond combat mechanics are
1) Artifact dectruction
2) Land destruction
3) Deals damage to attacking/blocking creature
I'm doubting they would allow a creature to give reliable land destruction nowadays, so either of the latter 2

That being said, I'd like a RW Samurai lord
>>
>>43579682
Overlaps are irrelevant on gold cards. If this wasn't true, then even something like Gisela couldn't exist.
>>
>>43579724
I know, but it's an example of what could be achieved in terms of hybrid things.
They do seem to have a problem sticking the best of red and white together on a legendary creature though.
>>
>>43579682
They also have the mindlock style effects like widespread panic and aven mindcensor.

They don't like giving those out though because the poor widdle babies cry when they can't use their fetches or tutors like they should.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon eventually axes commander tax.
>>
So why is it that people with shitty commanders are the most vocal? Daxos spamming is basically the new Shu Yun spamming and I'm already sick of it.
>>
>>43579854
Found the Narset cancer
>>
>>43579896
I don't play Narset you dingus
>>
>>43579914
Who then
>>
>>43579854
Daxos hasn't even been released yet, so people will want to experiment with it and try him out. Give it a few weeks after the release and it might quieten down.
>>
>>43579931
Well, I took apart Maelstrom Wanderer because it was too cancerous.

Most tuned:
Rakdos Lord of Riots, Sigarda, Talrand

Semi Tuned:
Borborygmos Enraged, Tasigur

Just built:
Aleshia

Drawing board:
Hixus, Dralnu

I'm not against shitty commanders but the spamming makes me sick
>>
>>43579682
What >>43579724 said. Gisela is a white creature with a red ability.

The real problem is that neither red nor white are built around card advantage. Here's what they do share:

Red like hanging out and doing shit with artifacts, white like doing shit with Equipment, both of them like to beat people in the face, both of them like making a bunch little tokens though red doesn't care about keeping them. Equipment has a solid overlap. What can be done with that?

R equips has Godo, White Nahiri and Kemba.

Straight combination says search for an equip, put not on ~, and shit out a token of sorts.

Pretty sweet, but oh so potentially broken and/or shit.

Whenever you cast/etb an equipment, gain XP. Equips cost 1 less for each XP.

Now we're cooking. Fits the theme. Can't do straight when you equip because Paradise Mantle and Puresteel.

Ok, so then what? We're off to a good start, but a RW wannabe Puresteel is pretty good, but it needs something else. Since we're dealing with xp, let's say it's Kalemne. What would a giant champ of Iroas have? Oh yes, perhaps a gift or a blessing from the god himself?

Prevent all non-combat damage that would be dealt to equipped creatures you control.

Putting it together:

Whenever you drop an equip get an XP counter
Equipping costs 1 less for each XP counter
Equipped creatures you control can't be dealt non combat damage

Fitting for a champion of Victory. She knows how to arm her forces, and her god has made sure that her forces won't die outside of victorious combat because of some puny mage raining fire upon them.

You don't even have to attack. There are tons of ways to take advantage of her abilities outside of combat, but getting free equips makes combat a fantastic option.

I made myself sad because we'll never see this.
>>
>>43580040
Aw man. I do want this
>>
>>43580040
Have there been any red cards that care about equipment other than Godo? A one off card 10 years ago doesn't really prove it's something the colour has access to.
>>
>>43580271
Bludgeon Brawl?
>>
>>43580271
It's more that it has to do with Artifacts and Combat, both are red things. Red's big thing was actually stealing equipment in Mirrodin (or killing it and the user). I was tempted to possibly steal from equipped creatures you kill, (spoils of victory and all that), but it would probably be too wordy and its not a very white thing.
>>
>>43580271
There are a few cards that make other equipment equip to it, like Vulshok battlemaster and ogre geargrabber, so it's there very loosely. Nothing else that tutors like Godo though.
>>
>>43580322
Nearly all WR legendaries are centred on combat though. That's kind of the problem. There needs to be a bit more variance.
>>
>>43580384
I hate this argument. That's what red/white DOES. Within that strategy, there are several different ways to go about it based on the commander. There is PLENTY of varience. If you didn't feel like beating an opponent's face in, don't play RW.
>>
>>43579610
So... It's true then?
>>
>>43580416
Yeah, just like all RG is ramp into giant monsters, or UW only controls people or GW only plays weenie monsters and ramp.

Get fucked, every other colour combination has multiple facets to them but Boros gets stuck with "hurr smash dem durr" because wizards are too scared/lazy to do something outside the norm, even in a product like commander, which is exactly for cards outside the norm.
>>
File: Boonweaver.png (427 KB, 667x310) Image search: [Google]
Boonweaver.png
427 KB, 667x310
Favorite sac engines in B/W?
>>
>>43579532
You put the exile trigger on the stack, then activate sundial. Since it's triggered, it won't trigger again. If the creature dies, it's exiled.
>>
>>43579508
Meren is a pretty competitive commander if you invest in some of the goodstuff G and B have. I wouldn't call her strictly worse than sheoldred(as a commander) either.
>>
>>43579508
Meren is way better than Sheoldred, we've been through this. Opening green costing 3 less, and activating on your turn. Sheoldred almost never survives a turn cycle.
>>
>>43580559
Attrition, Ashnod's Altar, Martyr's Cause, Disciple of Bolas, Smothering Abomination, Victimize, Dread Return, Contamination.
>>
>>43580416
I disagree.
Flamewrigth is probably the coolest RW card they have done in FOREVER and even thought it's not combat focused, it's still a RW card. Stun Sniper is similar.

Every color has a lot of abilities in it's color pie and they can be mixed in so many different ways that to limit any one color pair to just one thing is utterly moronic. UB has this same problem with 'muh mill'. Soulfire Grand Master is the actually coolest RW card ever printed.
>>
>>43580559
that new C2015 card. augur of something
>>
File: shit eating grin asian.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
shit eating grin asian.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>building a Rafiq deck for fun
>mfw those unlimited wins and salty stares
>>
>>43578221
I wouldn't call him best, but he's absolutely one of the most fun to play, especially with all the artifact recursion effects that red has.

I have a question about red artifacts: If I tap Pyromancer's Goggles for mana to copy Trash to Treasure, do I have to sacrifice a second artifact to bring another artifact back from the yard?
>>
>>43581317
Sacrificing the artifact is part of the casting cost. Copying a spell isn't casting it, so, No.
>>
>>43581503
Oh groovy, thanks
>>
File: Image.png (129 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129 KB, 223x311
>>43580825
Ashnod's Altar and Martyr's Cause work great thanks, the rest don't really make it go infinite though.
>>
Buddy of mine is getting Daxos, I'm trading for the Karlov because 2 mana commander OP as hell. Plus I always wanted to play BW as it was my first and favorite color pair.

>>43578340
They also have the card's expansion symbol and artist. Because reasons.
>>
>>43582183
>Because reasons
Didn't the Un-Sets care about artist and expansion symbol?
>>
>>43579981
Wanderer isn't even good now-a-days.
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (176 KB, 1116x311) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
176 KB, 1116x311
Rev up those commanders

I also have a Li'l Z as a work in progress, waiting on a couple cards
>>
>>43582434
Casual Sydri and Selvala builds so far. Debating whether to go Mereth, the Snake lady, or a non-precon for my next deck.
>>
Preordered Ezuri and figured that I'd might as well get some cheap upgrades.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/swell-the-host-40-1/

Depending on how tomorrow's job interview goes, I'll probably make further additions; thinking about Garruk Relentless, Chord of Calling, Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Dryad Arbor, Craterhoof, and Breeding Pool.
Obviously the deck would love a Gaea's Cradle or Misty Rainforest, but I those are a little out of my budget right now.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (117 KB, 668x309) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
117 KB, 668x309
>>43582434
None are at 100%, but at least Iroas is playable.
>>
My store is doing a commander release tournament using the unmodified pre-cons, which one is strongest? I'm thinking UG or BG.
>>
>>43582639
>Ezuri
>Garruk relentless

Another one falling for the flip bait,
>>
File: commanders.jpg (341 KB, 1113x311) Image search: [Google]
commanders.jpg
341 KB, 1113x311
>>43582434
I like voltron angels
>>
>>43582802
that fuckin edric's face surrounded by angels
>>
File: commanders 11-10-15.png (629 KB, 891x308) Image search: [Google]
commanders 11-10-15.png
629 KB, 891x308
>>43582434
>Patron - Mono-Blue Control/Combo/Land Tricks. Signature cards: Amulet of Vigor, Thawing Glaciers, Meloku, Sunder

>Rakdos - Ultra-Budget Fatties: the Fattening. Signature cards: Plague Spitter, Pestilence, Knollspine Dragon, Sulfuric Vortex.

>Shirei - Welcome to 1/X Valuetown. Signature cards: Grave Pact, Ashnod's Altar, Citanul Flute, Coretapper/Magistrate's Scepter combo.

>Edric: Competitive Flying Men/All the Turns. Signature cards: Notorious Throng, Gaea's Cradle, Unified Will, Reclaim

Building new Ezuri because I really like Edric but want to try a different, less competitive angle.
>>
File: Current_decks.png (711 KB, 673x623) Image search: [Google]
Current_decks.png
711 KB, 673x623
>>43582434

Taking apart Rubina because it's cancer. What should in replace it with? Preferably not black because my stock is pretty drained.
>>
>>43582792
my playgroup is cool with it
>>
>>43582857
Any particular type of commander?
>>
File: muh commanders.png (936 KB, 699x642) Image search: [Google]
muh commanders.png
936 KB, 699x642
>>43582434
Gideon is a 5 colour allies deck, probably going to shave 2 colours off of it once the next set hits.

Ephara is hatebears/tax stuff, probably my favourite deck to play probably my groups (save for one person I know about) least favourite deck I play

Xenagos is big dumb shit smashers your grill in until I'm dead or everyone else is dead, keep forgetting to add my seize the day to the deck.

Ixidor is just morph fuckery with shit like equilibrium and cloudstone curio to recycle them, does contain pickles lock, about 50 cards of it are foil now.

Grenzo is a combo goldmine, got various things like mana echoes/ashnod's altar combos and kiki conscripts, can just win by balfor the defiled + sac outlet + flayer of the hatebound, love this deck but my god it can piss me the fuck off with its land,land,land,thran turbine reveals to grenzo.

Titania is my most grindy deck I think, have lots of fun making elementals and beating people down, recently added a great aurora to the deck and its caused much butthurt so far.

Decks coming down the pipe:
>Feldon
>Ramses Overdark (friend challenged me to make it)
>Zegana good stuff (tired of people who play UG claiming its not broken, so I'm going to ream them a few times and then scrap the deck I think)
>Karador combo or Doran beats
>Sigarda/Marath enchantress
>Show me on the doll where Phage touched you
>Kytheon white weenie
>>
File: commanders.png (774 KB, 1113x311) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
774 KB, 1113x311
>>43582434
>>
File: download (9).jpg (141 KB, 1106x311) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
141 KB, 1106x311
>>43582434
>>
>>43582913
>>43582917
Wait, did they change the rules and allow all Planeswalkers as Commanders? I thought you were limited to the ones that explicitly state they can be your Commander.
>>
>>43582017
Altar of Dementia is great too, doesn't need the constellation guy to kill every opponent.
>>
>>43582940
They didn't but battle forged is a flipwalker. It has a creature side that you actually cast
>>
>>43582940
i'm the second guy. that gideon starts as a legendary creature that can flip into battle-forged. other guy probably has his group houserule the ally gideon as an ally commander
>>
File: war at home face.png (195 KB, 267x309) Image search: [Google]
war at home face.png
195 KB, 267x309
How do you even play magic? Are you one of those guys who casts a card and then have to read what it even does?

I've got a guy like that in our playgroup and my patience is wearing really fucking thin these days. Here's an example of the kind of shit he does:

>casts night dealings
>then proceeds to read what is fucking does
>then uses it wrong like 2 seconds later when some one loses life to his effects
>then uses it wrong later on when he removes all the counters from it and gets like a cmc 3 card and is told it doesn't work like that
>"well I don't know what it does! I can't read it!"

To be fair his eyesight is a pretty shit, but how do you even get far enough as to put the card in the deck without even knowing what the cunting thing does before you cast it? The amount of times you have to tell him what a card does that he's played is rediculous, even obvious staples like fucking steel hellkite.

Pic related, its my face when he plays something then asks how to use it like he's never fucking used it before.
>>
>>43582909
I don't know. I'm usually a control shell around some sort of something because it's needed in my meta. I like using stupid shit and making it work, but that can be done with any commander. At least 2 colors. I also like playing something that isn't played often, which is why I haven't built animar or Riku, yet built Pharika. People like seeing something different, and I like seeing that.
>>
>>43583168
Gwafa Hazid could be fun
>>
>>43583168

Melek, Izzet Paragon. Combine Control and Chaos to keep your opponents off kilter!
>>
>>43582913
Hah, I remember you getting mad as fuck about others berating you for using Gideon as a 5c general. top lel, faggot
>>
File: die cis scum.jpg (41 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
die cis scum.jpg
41 KB, 400x367
>>43583567
Cromat is still the general and always has been. I actually cast him for the first time the other day, I just can't be fucked to change the image.

Kinda sad to see people still getting salty about it, but hey whatever keeps you comfy man.

Probably turning it into Mardu Allies after the next set comes out, likely going to use the tranny for xir's value with lots of the allies.

Unless of course they print a 5c ally legend (they wont because wizards are bigger fags than me) but even then the blue is super weak outside of the xenograft combo or rite of replication.
>>
>>43583297
Eh. I'm really against giving out cards in my meta. It's never a good idea, especially for a pacifism.

>>43583428
Melek has been on my radar for awhile. I have been hesitant because I was afraid it would be too similar to Jeleva.
>>
>>43583616
Just commenting on how funny it was, I personally don't give a fuck.
>>
File: control storm demons.jpg (214 KB, 936x445) Image search: [Google]
control storm demons.jpg
214 KB, 936x445
>>43582434

hows it going guys
>>
>>43583710
Cared enough to post twice about it. :^)

>>43583717
Flip Liliana seems pretty popular in these threads, surprised no one in my group has made a deck for her yet.
>>
>>43583747
oh u got me wat wil i do nao 10 fedora 4 u
>>
>>43583039
People should always read their cards to let the table know what is happening. There are thousands of different magic cards and expecting players of any experience to know what each one does is rediculous.
>>
>>43583787
But that wasn't what happened, we literally told him what his card did because he didn't even know what it did before casting it.

He casts it, then declares "right, what does this do" and proceeds to read it wrong with his bad eyesight so 2 people the other side of the table corrected him, it had nothing to do with telling the table what it did.

There is a difference between explaining what a card does to a table and literally asking the table what the card you put into your deck does because you didn't read it at all.

Its not even the first time its happened with that very card and that very player, I know some people have memories like sieves but this wasn't months apart, it was more like days apart.

So no, it isn't a case of being a walking encyclopedia of magic cards, it is a case of knowing what your own fucking cards do.
>>
>>43583651

Haven't played Jeleva myself, but my Melek deck is half "everything according to plan" and half "I have no idea what I'm doing." My favorite combo is Teferi's Puzzlebox + Possibility Storm since I can deck cast without triggering Storm and frankly I try to minimize casting from my hand as much as possible, so I hardly need that either. Opponents tend not to like it until their Sol Ring becomes a Blightsteel and suddenly they're happy again.
>>
>>43583841
This is my Jeleva. It's a lot of modal bounce control with some time walks and enter the infinite. It's not entirely up to date. Bolas has been replaced with Force and there might be a snappy in there. I forget.
>>
>>43583841
>>43583879

Fuck me

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jelevas-spiraling-torment/
>>
Really dumb question, and I'm 90% sure the answer is no, but can you use 2 of the Brothers Yamazaki in an EDH deck?
>>
>>43584037
Really dumb question, you should have listened to your gut. Nope. You'll just have to make a copy.
>>
File: Odric, Master Tactician.jpg (212 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Odric, Master Tactician.jpg
212 KB, 768x1024
How do you build a deck around this guy
>>
>>43584233
>How do I turn creatures sideways?
>>
what are some combos I can throw in a grixis goodstuff list so I have an out for those games that just drag on too fucking long?
>>
>>43584284
Kiki/splinter twin and its friends.
>>
>>43580559
Just use Pattern of Rebirth like everyone else.
>>
>>43584310
heyy there's something I can work with. I even have a spare splinter twin sitting around from an MM15 draft
>>
>>43582960
Constellation guy is really swappable with any constellation guy. They typically have game winning effects if you have infinite enchantment ETBs.
But yeah, nice suggestion, I'll try it out.
>>43584337
I splash green in too many decks, thanks.
>>
File: decks.png (1003 KB, 1113x321) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1003 KB, 1113x321
>>43582434
Sharuum is my most complete, krenko is surprisingly cuthroat for for being under 75%
>>
>>43582361
Un-sets care about artist, 3 real cards (City in a Bottle, Apocalypse chime and another I can't remember) care about expansion
>>
>>43584650
Can you tell me a bit about Krenko? Is it pretty much a goblin tribal with proliferate?
>>
File: My decks.png (687 KB, 1197x337) Image search: [Google]
My decks.png
687 KB, 1197x337
>>43582434
I like the variance in playstyle among them. I like to mix it up a lot.
>>
>>43585053
How does your Progenitus deck work?
>>
>>43585067
Take about 34 enchantment creatures (15 of which are gods), lots of multicolored lands, another 10 enchantments, and get as many of them out as you can. Hope you get devotion. Then punch everyone in the face with your indestructible (potentially shrouded) gods, rely on constellation to ruin combos, and use Progenitus mostly as a vehicle for easy devotion.
Here, take a look.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/progenitus-gods-among-us/
>>
>>43578263
Sphere of safety cause why the fuck not
>>
>>43580559
I like this, like a lot. Play Sun Titan for the same loop? It doesn't tutor, but it's another option to combo off with.
>>
>>43584233
you get the best white cards in the game and still lose because monowhite sucks.
>>
File: commanders.png (1 MB, 894x761) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
1 MB, 894x761
>>43582434
I'm still working on all of them technically, by that I mean, if I see a sweet card then I toss it in a deck.
>>
>>43584758
Krenko plays very combo-y, mines a coblin trype with things to get multiple krenko activations per turn. purphoros/effects like him end up hitting for a bunch, on top of just swinging with a bunch of goblins.

It plays against my roommates ezuri deck, both mutliplayer banlist decks but we just play against each other most of the time we play. and its fun with the tribal vs tribal
>>
>>43584758
Krenko is hyper aggro/'combo' when built at his leanest. Turn 5 and on with a strong hand if your not answered or kept in check your going to be lethaling someone. Also goblin assassin makes people rage, and if you want to throw people off. Sand bad till you cast obliterate or apocalypse.
>>
>>43586031
>multiple krenko activations per turn
That's evil, how do you do it?
You know what just post a deck list if you have one handy please, this sounds like an absolute blast.
>>
>>43586104
thornbite staff. alternatively, skirk prospector + aggravated assault. krenko has a lot of ways to combo
>>
File: 12380[1].jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
12380[1].jpg
26 KB, 200x285
You have five seconds to justify why you aren't playing the best husbando in the game.
>>
>>43582917
Share your gwapo list?
>>
>>43586300
>$24 foils

Tiny-keks-
>>
File: commanders.jpg (812 KB, 1560x894) Image search: [Google]
commanders.jpg
812 KB, 1560x894
>>43582434
Am I "that guy"? Kruphix, Animar, Wanderer, and Sidisi are competitive, the rest are fun decks.

>Retired/dissembled decks: Sharuum, Horde, Slivers, Aurelia
>>
>>43578445
The true way to Daxos is to achieve infinite mana and pump infinite 0/0 tokens into your Grave Pact+Blood Artist board.
>>
>>43578474
Curses are better in grixis colors, you get the damage duplicator and the spell copycat.
>>
>>43580416
RW is also the color pair of
>Mass mana denial
>Artifact hate
>Equipment tutoring and equipment-related pumps
>Triggered burn
>Pain taxing

They don't make anything other than "hurr durr turn sideways" because they don't want to. Not because there isn't precedent for fun alternative strategies in RW.
>>
>>43580559
Nantuko Husk variants and Blasting Station.
>>
>>43586679
>Mizzet, Wanderer, Marchesa, Kruphix, Animar
Yeah, you're that guy.
>>
>>43583039
>>43583839
We have a guy like this at my LGS.

Literally the dumbest guy I have ever met.

He's been playing MtG for 5 years, and he still has to ask what Sol Ring does.

"Can I look at that card?" every fucking time a card is played.

>Someone plays Sakura-Tribe Elder
>he's probably seen it cast ~100 times before
>has to ask what it does
>has to ask what Solemn does
>thought Counterflux countered every single spell cast so far this turn retroactively
>as you probably guessed, he doesn't know how the stack works

Also notorious for using his artifact and enchantment removal on shit like mindstone, exploration or Sol Ring while there are cards like Mirari's Wake, Doubling Season or Mana Reflection on the board because he "forgot what that card did". He's done this dozens of times.

He's also a member of some christian cult, always wears "I love jesus" shirts, caps, bags and everything someone might accidentally look at, has I love jesus stickers all over his deckboxes, lots of religious tattoos and apparently spends most of his free time posting religious texts on facebook. I've declined his friend requests multiple times

We usually avoid playing with him, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I have a friend who simply leaves the LGS rather than play against him.
>>
>>43586783
>Mizzet, Wanderer, Marchesa, Kruphix, Animar
>Yeah, you're that guy.

Yeah, all of those UG(x) ones are busted, but at least Mizzet is UR artifacts and not comby bullshit. Also, Marchesa? My list is pretty tuned, but my meta is mostly 4-6 man pods and Marchesa is pretty underwhelming outside of 1v1.
>>
>>43586709
This is the dumbest argument I've seen for Dax. How exactly are are you going to make infinite 2 colored mana in BW? I bet it's through sacrificing something, which at that point Dax serves no purpose because the act of generating infinite mana itself wins before Dax matters.
>>
>>43586837
Because I knew exactly how your decks are built and the size of the pods you play with.
If you don't want to be judged on what it looks like, state what they do.
>>
>>43586837
You play some serious bullshit dude and obviously you're very near as strong as you can be.
>>
File: 1277013413472.png (3 KB, 185x149) Image search: [Google]
1277013413472.png
3 KB, 185x149
Has anyone here played Tiny Leaders?
How is it? What's the meta like?
>>
>>43586983
>Has anyone here played Tiny Leaders?
No.
>How is it?
Who fucking knows?
>What's the meta like?
Extremely constricted. You play one of five decks.
>>
>>43586983
Lots, I even made 6 decks

>How is it?
It was fun for a while

>What's the meta like?
Dead
>>
File: Current Commanders.png (850 KB, 782x818) Image search: [Google]
Current Commanders.png
850 KB, 782x818
>>43582434
Im not sure if I am going to keep trying to build Sidisi. I thought she would be fun, but it turns out playing that deck is like working at a salt factory.

The Nath deck belongs to a friend who is taking an indefinite break from magic. I keep and upgrade the deck as I see fit, and if he decides he doesnt want to come back its mine for good.

Not pictured is Grimgrin, a deck I was upgrading and keeping for a friend who is in the navy. I figured I would give it to him when he got back, but it turns out guys on base play so I sent it to him a year or two ago. I even went out and got him a underground sea as a Christmas present.
>>
>>43585339
Yeah good call. I was so bummed when I noticed that the RW list had the Sun Titan. I'm so sick of my ugly ass alt art one
>>
File: hpk_edh_111115.jpg (937 KB, 1060x740) Image search: [Google]
hpk_edh_111115.jpg
937 KB, 1060x740
>>43582434
Derevi is still just the pre-made, Dwynen and Ezuri get swapped depending on who I'm playing against.

I plan on making a Keranos deck based around U/R shenanigans.

I had a Narset deck, but it was taken apart. No one liked going against that deck (for good reason).
>>
File: 1429214160519.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1429214160519.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>43579854

Because the people who play snowflake shit tend to be limp wristed man babies who never got the love they wanted from their father, want to fuck their mothers and spam dank EDH memes on /tg/ hoping to find a well hung older man who they can call daddy while being violently sodomized.

I know this because I play Braids and never met my dad ;_;
>>
File: 1304902421889.png (48 KB, 399x433) Image search: [Google]
1304902421889.png
48 KB, 399x433
If you were going to an EDH tournament what general would you bring /tg/?
>>
>>43586983
Yes
>How is it?
Awful. The CMC restriction feels super pointless, and whenever either play took the lead, they would basically win the game from there. There's dramatically less exciting comebacks than EDH, limited, or any 60 card format I've ever played.
>What's the meta like?
Animar, Doran, Marath, Geist, Ezuri, Jenara, Teysa, a few others
There's so little variation between the decks too, due to being so small. There's never any surprise tech or innovation.
>>
How do other players react when you play Brago?

>>43587088
Sigarda
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-auratron/
But an EDH tournament is a bad idea.
>>
>>43578263
Don't run Daxos as commander, run him in the 99.
Run Teysa and make it a rattlesnake enchantress/stax that can infinite by playing Teysa at the right time.
>>
>>43587088
Purphoros.

Combo's, additional turns, land destruction, alternate win conditions, drawing too much and everything not involving direct damage (through combat or spells/triggers) is restricted in some way due to the retarded point system our local judge has put in place.

Purphoros is unaffected and I can simply play purph turn 4, then drop some tokens on turn 5, then kill the table on turn 6 (since killing someone before turn 6 gives minus points)
>>
>>43587088
>>43587132
Are you me? I'm bringing Pappa Purph for that precise reason. Fucking babies whining about every single feelbad element of the game.
>>
File: 1421177601452.gif (781 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1421177601452.gif
781 KB, 480x270
>>43586612
>Buy foil Toshiro when it was like 2 bucks
>Tiny Leaders come out much later
>Worth a ton
>I don't even play Tiny Leaders
I may have shit luck when it comes to boosters, but I somehow get lucky with the secondary market
>>
There's no card shop in town, so the only way I'm getting a new precon is Wal-Mart. So, is Friday the sell date or the ship date?
>>
File: dead-iron-sledge.jpg (62 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
dead-iron-sledge.jpg
62 KB, 480x680
>>43584233
Tokens and ways to buff them for the combat phase. I'm trying to build him but it's still kind of hard because mono white fucking sucks with keeping up in draw advantage and land advantage.

Run Infiltration lens and mask of memory though. Have the blockers assigned the Infiltration lens dude and draw half of your deck. Dead iron sledge and Abu Jafar is good too.
>>
>>43587103
I used to have a Brago deck. It was super strong, but zero fun for the others to play against because my turns full of triggers would just take forever. Especially if he had double strike. Didn't help that the deck had no way to quickly close out a game, but could only generate massive value, lock down my opponents, and drag the game on forever, with nothing interesting happening for anyone. Took it apart and built a laid back Karametra deck instead.
>>
>>43587361
Yeah, that's the sense I'm getting from palytesting. There's a Narset in my meta, so maybe it would be too much. Thanks.
>>
>>43587408
I had a few 1v1 games versus our group's Narset. That actually felt like a fair matchup, cause they're both headaches. But nothing for our usual multiplayer rounds.

Anyone here have any experience with Chainer, Dementia Master, or similar reanimation decks? What should you look out for, and what will people hate on sight?
>>
>>43578445
Daxos is about as cheap as generals get so keeping him around isn't exactly hard. Three mana for an X/X where X easily gets into the 5+ territory is not a bad deal no matter how you look at it. You have access to Cabal Coffers after all.
I'm not saying he's the savior of BW but I have a very hard time seeing why he's shit. Especially in a color combination that has so few viable generals, old Teysa ja Karlov being basically the only other ones that are at all playable.

>>43579419
Triad of Fates is unfixable.
>>
>>43587673
Come on anon half the decks in this format are about shitting out fatties, typically for free.

Compared to a 0 mana Ulamog from Animar or a Cascaded Craterhoof paired with anything else and MW, 3 mana for even an 8/8 is going to change the game much.
>>
>>43587673
Athreos is playable.
>>
>>43586709
Here's one way to get infinite black mana:

Attack + Main Phase 2 Sac Bloodsoaked Champion to Ashnod's Altar + turn 2 colorless mana to B using Bog Initiate or Blood Celebrant's ability.

Or Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith + Ob Initiate / Blood Celebrant.

I don't know how to create infinite W mana though.
>>
>>43587765
Blood Celebrant does exactly that.

Turns your B into W, at the cost of 1 life each conversion. So you need Blood Artist for sure.
>>
>>43587765
>>43587784
Not that Bloodsoaked Champion works, since it's 1B to reanimate it.

You need Gravecrawler.

Gravecrawler, Ashnod's Altar, Bog Initiate, Blood Celebrant, Blood Artist and Daxos.

Best 6 card combo ever. Super reliable. Fortunately Daxos is a zombie.
>>
>>43587790
Alternatively, we swap out Ashnod's Altar with Phyrexian Altar and go Blood Artist, Gravecrawler, Phyrexian Altar, Zombie
>>
File: siders.png (864 KB, 658x632) Image search: [Google]
siders.png
864 KB, 658x632
who is the best zombie commander?
>>
>>43587784
Nice, I forgot how Celebrant exactly works Now I have to hunt down one.

Although if we had the Blood Artist the game would already have been over when we are recurring the Champion.
>>
>>43587790
If you sacrifice the Champion to Ashnod's Altar you get 2 colorless. You turn one of the 2 colorless mana into B using Bog Initiate's ability. Then we can do this on and on.
>>
>>43585986

How is Var?
>>
>>43578146
I want to be the cancer
>in Baby Teysa
Darkest Hour+Teysa+Sac Engine+Blood Artists/Grave Pacts
Fiend Hunter/Banisher Priest+Leonin Relic-Warder+Oblivion Ring/Banishing Light/Journey to Nowhere/Stasis Snare+Angelic Chorus/Soul Sisters/Underworld Coinsmith/Grim Guardian/Doomwake Giant.
Boonweaver Giant+Gift of Immortality+Sac Engine+Blood Artists/Grave Pacts/Constellations
Sun Titan+Gift of Immortality+Sac Engine+Blood Artists/Grave Pacts/Constellations

Am I missing any combos?
>>
>>43587927
Vedalken Orrery + flash in Blood Celebrant EOT, activate his ability til life is at 1 + you win at your upkeep with Near-Death Experience.
>>
>>43587927
Darkest Hour + Teysa + Blasting Station
>>
>>43587801
My buddy's grimgrin deck is pretty fucking strong. Doesn't help that it sometimes feels like stax, with all the ongoing edict effects. And it just laughs in the face of board wipes and rebuilds in seconds. Rooftop storm is nothing to sneeze at, either.
>>
>>43578146
Who's the knight again?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>43588042
>>
>>43588070
>Tajic Slip
>>
>>43587939
This, but with Carrion Howler or Wall of Blood.
>>
>>43587959
isnt grimgrin a bit boring? there isnt much interesting going on except hit face and sac creatures. or fetch a gravecrawler + a rooftop storm and win the game
>>
>>43588124
All black is boring.
>>
>>43587927
Banishing Light, Stasis Snare and Banisher Priest only hit opponent's perms.
>>
>>43588182
SO MUCH MORE FUN THAN OBLIVION RING XDDD
>>
>>43588182
apparently its to save clicks in mtgo

thanks mark
>>
>>43587801
I like Gisa the most, honestly.
>>
File: FU0NIW6I8FR85EN.LARGE.jpg (40 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
FU0NIW6I8FR85EN.LARGE.jpg
40 KB, 492x492
>Kicked Rite of Replication on Goblin Electromancer
>Get around the table on 3 health
>Put myself at 1 with Ancient Tomb
>Epic Experiment for 17
>Hit Snap, Frantic Search and Mind's Desire
>>
>>43588391
then what happened?
>>
>>43588409
I cast about a dozen spells, untapped my lands and cast Mind's Desire with about 15 storm, I thought it would be implied that with all my lands untapped and 15 free cards I was going to win.
>>
>>43588424
It implied a large set up, yes, but it could have just fizzled out if you didn't have anything to cast
>>
>>43578638
One thing that's been overlooked, Sun Clasp doesn't return itself to the owner's hand. It returns the CREATURE to the owner's hand, so no recasting there.
>>
>>43579508
>I know she's nearly strictly worse than Sheoldred

You're pretty wrong on that one. The advantages to Meren over Sheoldred are 1) her MUCH lower mana cost, and 2) the addition of another colour. Sure Sheoldred's ability is much bigger, but I'd much rather be running Meren over her.
>>
>>43588124
plus recurring gary over and over, plus whatever else zomie tribal does.
playing against it can get boring sometimes, especially when he tutors up rooftop storm or gary.
>>
Hey /EDH/, can I convince you to help me with my Prossh deck?

>inb4 Implying you need help building Prossh
Yeah, I know, Prossh is pure cancer and even a lobotimized monkey can build a half decent Prossh deck but mainly I would like lowering the curve a bit (3.61 is .1 higher than I like), as well as advice for what to take out for these four cards;
Parallel Evolution
Ezuri's Predation
Descent of the Dragons
Arachnogenesis

I don't need ALL of them to fit in the deck, just any two will be fine. Thanks! Also, general advice is fine too.
>>
>>43588617
Maybe try taking out a card for Ezuri's Predation and Arachnogenesis.

Glad I could be of assistance fellow anon!
>>
>>43588617
Forgot the link:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prossh-render-of-flesh/
>>
>>43586983
Don't play it. It's complete garbage.
>>
Anyone have that vertical representing the different formats?

>Standard: Kids beating each other up on the playground
>Modern: Line of soldiers
>Vintage: Old duellists
>Commander: Dinosaurs shooting lasers
>>
File: 1420578714641.jpg (101 KB, 550x1122) Image search: [Google]
1420578714641.jpg
101 KB, 550x1122
Guys, which new pre-con should I buy, currently playing;
>Drana, Liberator - Vampire Tribal / Queen of Swamps build
>Sidisi Zombie Tribal
>Nekusar non-pillowfort Drawburn
>Teysa, Scion Tokens

Torn between UR,UG or BG, WR/WB would be so good if they weren't shit deck.
>>
>>43589147
>scion tokens teysa
For what purpose?
>>
>>43589147
GB seems like a good fit for what you're into. That's a lot of black decks
>>
>>43589211
Teysa, Scion refers to the card's name.

Teysa, Orzhov Scion is the commander, and the deck is a tokens deck.

You're both idiots

>>43589147
>>43589211
>>
>>43589263
Forgot that Eldrazi scions.

>>43589214
Are people going to be using other commanders other than the ones in the deck? Like Tasigur or something?
>>
File: marrow gnawer.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
marrow gnawer.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>43586300
Right set anon, but wrong black legendary. The best husbando is clearly Marrow-Gnawer
Joking aside he's really cool. Nothing like a commander that is built for multicasting doom blade. Now that I think about it, if we ever return to Kamigawa they need to print doom blade in it for Toshiro to be using in the art.
>>
>>43589288
Mazirek and Tasigur look like they could be a party
>>
>>43579981
Can you post your Rakdos list?
>>
>>43578146
>that new UR with the two of them
Best guild champions
>>
>Know an older guy that plays literal-Pillowfort Oloro
>So textbook that universities require it to be part of the curriculum
>Anyway, eventually get on the topic of cancerous commanders
>Thinks pillowforting is completely fine, along with Serra Ascendant and other similarly broken cards.
>Wonders why people don't like to play against him for 2+ Hours
>Insists that he plays every EDH game with Oloro

Considering finding a new LGS.
>>
>>43589784
>mfw I used Ashling Red to repeatedly boardwipe and made a commander game last nearly 5 hours
>>
>>43589784
Make the most ruthless Kaervek deck you possibly can

Destroy him
>>
>>43587801
Lord of Tresserhorn
>>
>>43589876
seconded.

Suicide Grixis or Voltron?
>>
>>43589784
Tainted remedy with spells and counterspells to protect it.
>>
>>43589906
Both are fun, but prefer suicide grixis
>>
>>43589784
>Zur
>tutor ASAP for Demonic Pact, Quicken and Donate
>use all its modes but the last one
>end of player's turn before Oloro
>Quicken, then Donate your Demonic Pact
>drown in endless salty tears
>>
>>43589962
If you're going that far, just tutor for Barren Glory, O-Ring and then Kaervek's Spite. That's much more feasible in Zur.
>>
>>43590040
That's good too. I was going more for the "you lose" route than an outright win
>>
>>43590100
Then Hive Mind/Pact the whole table.
>>
>>43589784
>serra ascendant is broken
>>
>>43590212
It is in EDH. Get that thing within the first few turns and you have a 1-drop 6/6 flier. That's absurd
>>
>>43590435
If your deck can't handle a creature in the first few turn then you have a shit deck most likely. I don't particularly like Ascendant but I wouldn't call it broken
>>
>>43590435
Oh boy let's start up this argument, I'm ready

All it does is paint a target on your head without providing enough backup. Yes it's a 6/6 for 1, it's also french vanilla and gets worse the longer the game goes on. It takes 7 swings to kill one player, and it's absurd go think it won't be answered in 7 turns. If your gonna go ahead and say that doesn't matter cause you'll be dropping other threats I dare say you would so better dropping some ramp t1 instead of a card that reads "dear opponents, please wreck my shit"
>>
>>43590492

>100 Card deck
>expecting 99 cards to be answers

That being said, burning a Doomblade or whatever's in your hand at the time, that early always feels like a waste
>>
>>43590435
Having been on both sides of a T1 serra ascendant, I don't think it's all that great. It might swing a few times before it dies but people will remember who did 18-24 damage and gained 18-24 life in the first few turns of the game
>>
Trying to get into EDH after years, any german/european anons around to suggest where I'd have my best chance at a lot of singles for cheap. I'd usually use Magickartenmarkt for buying playsets, since prices there are usually cheap, though the shipping tends to not be once it's several different cards from different vendors.
>>
File: anti-bullying-campaign.jpg (54 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
anti-bullying-campaign.jpg
54 KB, 350x300
>Star City Game's Sam Black does a Commander series on MTGO
>he's playing Narset
>he faces Prossh at some point
>the Prossh player repeatedly blows up his lands, keeping him off Narset mana
>Sam Black loses
>bemoans the fact people would play land destruction
>"I didn't expect a stone rain deck in a casual format"
For fuck's sake he's a competitive player, I'd expect him to raise the bar and not start whining about "muh casual format" whenever something doesn't go his way. He was playing Narset for fuck's sake, he probably wins if he casts his commander with Hall of the Bandit Lord and the opponent has no answer. Sam, just be a fucking man and accept that mana denial is no more "unfair" or "unfun" a strategy that anything anyone's doing in this goddamn format.
>>
>>43590517
>>43590831
Your argument is the same shit that's commonly used about Sol Ring. "People will punish you for it! It will turn the game into Archenemy!"

That is a weak as fuck argument. If your one-drop has the power to turn the game 1v3, then if anything, it should prove it's too powerful. But we don't even need to use that kind of logic. We can just look at the card and, as rational human beings, agree that a 6/6 flying lifelink for W is too powerful. "But it doesn't win you the game." No, no it fucking doesn't. It's just a 6/6 flying lifelink for W, and that's too big and powerful.
>>
>>43590435
It's only a problem if you let it be, and it's only that bad if it is a turn 1 play, which it won't always be.
>>
>>43591134
>Whines about casual format
>Playing cutthroat cancerous commander
Oh the irony
>>
>>43591232
>opponent on the play drops a T1 Ascendant
>my only removal is Dismember, which doesn't work
>T2 he greaves it
It's totally my fault you guys. :^)

The only reason Serra Ascendant isn't banworthy, in my opinion, is that it doesn't fit in any of the top decks. The things that are currently dominating the format don't care for dropping a T1 6/6 flying lifelink, ridiculous though it may sound. But that doesn't make this body size and abilities any less ridiculous for its casting cost, and if aggro/voltron decks ever became high tier (impossible I know but let's imagine), people would cry for Ascendant's head. Because, say it with me, 6/6 flying lifelink for W is too strong.
>>
>>43591232
>and it's only that bad if it's a turn 1 play
Yes, everyone knows you always drop to 29 life or less on your second turn. That's just common EDH knowledge.
>>
>>43591134
>play against Sisay deck
>has a perfect curve and all his protection enchantments out
>turns into 3v1 archenemy>whines about us focusing on him
>finally beat him after one of us died and a second also almost did
>Sisay-fag sees he lost and plays Armageddon, then scoops
>me and other guy need to play the rest of the game as a boring topdeck crap

Land destruction is some of the biggest faggotry there is.
>>
>>43591347
What a dick
>>
File: Mister Salty.jpg (164 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
Mister Salty.jpg
164 KB, 500x415
>>43591347

You should've just rewind to before he Armageddon'd if he scooped.
>>
>>43590517
>you would so better dropping some ramp t1 instead of a card that reads "dear opponents, please wreck my shit"
I've seen my fair share of Ascendants get hit by Path to Exile. That turns it into a one-drop ramp spell that uses up one of your opponents' early turns and forces one of their best removal spells out of their hand.

If your meta's all goldfish combo decks that don't care about interaction however, then sure, Serra Ascendant will be shit in your meta, because someone will be winning turn 3 or 4 regardless. In a varied meta however, where people use the combat phase and sometimes win through non-combo means, Serra Ascendant is a beast. It demands an answer and on its own will brickwall or at the very least trade with enemy commanders while offering a sizeable life swing, and be a good card even in the late game, after a wrath, thanks to things like Sun Titan or Reveillark.
>>
>>43591575
Just errata the card to say 10 more life than starting total. Even then I think it's undercosted by 1, though good on wizards for trying to make life matter.
>>
>>43591186
the argument is nothing like sol ring. advancing your mana by 2 is completely different from making 6 damage swings and gains every turn, it makes a visible change in the life totals and broadcasts to every other player this guy is 20 life ahead you better fucking do something about him soon. sol ring flies under the radar and bad players don't notice it as much, they write it off as a cheap explosive vegetation. if you can't tell the difference here and how it changes attitudes around the table you might just be too fucking stupid
>>
File: 1398944275232.png (781 KB, 1024x832) Image search: [Google]
1398944275232.png
781 KB, 1024x832
>>43578146
I love how this comfy shit makes me want to regress into fanfic writing or DA tier ship art:
http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ur/242

I can't imagine Exava having much in common with Teysa or Tajic, despite sharing a color with both.
>>
>>43591779
Your argument is based on playing with people who can't do threat assessment and yet you call others stupid.
>>
>>43591854
Teysa amd Tajic both seem to be centered in white personality-wise
>>
File: smug.jpg (33 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
33 KB, 637x476
>>43589908
That's delicious.
>>
>>43591876
my argument is based on the fact that the majority of people can't do threat assessment. you're comparing sol ring to a vanilla 6/6. that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on /tg/
>>
>>43592153
You're saying Ascendant is bad because it paints a target on you. I'm saying that's the same argument idiots always use about Sol Ring. I'm not comparing the two cards you fuckwit. Turning a game 3v1 is never an argument that proves a card is balanced.
>>
>>43592331
I'm not saying it's only bad because it paints a target, I'm saying it's not very powerful in EDH and playing something subpar that also incurs the ire of the table is retarded. you're potentially turning the table against you for a 6/6 that probably wont have any real impact on the game. it's not "balanced" because it turns the game into a 3v1, it's "balanced" because it's bad. the fact that it's also a hate magnet makes it worse.
>>
>>43592378
>6/6 flying lifelink for W is just bad
It's good to know that's your argument so I can stop bothering with this.
>>
File: 635032477299603829.jpg (78 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
635032477299603829.jpg
78 KB, 375x523
>>43591854
Speaking if Teysa. Is it possible to use the new BW precon as a base for a Orzhov Scion deck?

Is Envoy of Ghosts at all playable? The effects feel pretty political but there doesn't seem to be a real way to build around it other than stax and voltron
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.