[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my DM is planning on a TF2 campaign, who do I Mann for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
So my DM is planning on a TF2 campaign, who do I Mann for the campaign?
>>
see, if I play TF2 I never play anything but an engineer.

were I gonna play the setting as a-is I'd say go either Demoman or Scout.(unless playing to character is required)

ones hyper-mobile, and I can see that being FANTASTICAL KINDS OF FUN and the other blows things up...
>>
>>43578130
mmmmmmmmpppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
Be ze medic.
Use your best bad Kraut acccent the entire game.
Convince other players to let you experiment on them.
>>
>>43578130
I'm intrigued by the concept. Are you making new characters or playing as the established mercs?
>>
>>43578280
Shit forgot to remove name
>>
>>43578280
DM said we could do either. I don't know much about what will happen otherwise.
>>
>>43578298
Personally eye'd play as the black scottish cyclops.
>>
>>43578183
But the scout doesn't really blow things up...
A pro demoman is by far the most mobile and powerful class in the game. They require a truly staggering amount of skill relative to every other class to do those trick sticky jumps however.
>>
Depends on what you want to do

Run fast and be annoying as shit? Scout.

Have good health and damage with situational mobility? Soldier.

Protect your team from projectiles and deal damage over time? Pyro.

Set up impromptu traps around corners, have amazing melee capabilities, or ivennyovyathienkyeerbedderanme yerrasisassandahmthagrassmanpunk? Demonstration Man.

Be slow as boulder but strong as boulder? Heavy.

Build things to support your team and other things to protect the things you built? Engineer.

Regenerate your team mates' health and occasionally provide powerful buffs? Medic.

BE A FILTHY FUCKING HACKER WHO NEVER TURNS OFF THAT GODDAMN AIMBOT or FUCKING BR WITH 427 PING GETTING BULLSHIT HITS THROUGH FOUR FUCKING WALLS? Sniper.

Le snekky guy XD who tries to copy stabby and fails, or actually be competent through the use of subterfuge to infiltrate and eliminate? Spy.
>>
I'd play the engineer and fluff up his machines to do harmless but annoying stuff. Like a grenade that covers everyone with itching powder or an energy shield that turns all projectiles into meat, but they still keep their momentum.
>>
>>43578298
Ask if you can be MERASMUS! because by that logic, playing a bombinomicon based wizard is permissible.

Or a catch all cleaner type like Ms. Pauling.
>>
>>43578325
Oh sweet Jesus the eyelander range terrifies me.
>>
File: spell_sp21.jpg (56 KB, 498x536) Image search: [Google]
spell_sp21.jpg
56 KB, 498x536
>>43578298
>DM said we could do either
.........can you hybridize?.......

>imagining a demo/engineer or a demo/scout combo

>>43578325
I'm a filthy low-skill casual
that and I've devoted more time to The Binding of Isacc; Afterbirth than I ever did to TF2

>>43578339
>or an energy shield that turns all projectiles into meat, but they still keep their momentum.
have you ever played Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre?
>>
File: 1380563423890.png (155 KB, 474x305) Image search: [Google]
1380563423890.png
155 KB, 474x305
>it's almost 2012+4
>people still play TF2
>>
File: 1445408295207.jpg (146 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
1445408295207.jpg
146 KB, 590x421
>>43578333
Demonstration Man?
>>
>>43579008
It's a fine game
>>
SAXTON HAAAAAALE
>>
>>43578422
I love that card game, but I have no friends.
Did you know there's an expansion?
>>
>>43579387
WHAT?
>>
Pyro. Easy.
>>
>>43579471
The expansion actually gives the cardboard terrain mechanical significance. It's great.
>>
>>43579471
Yeah. Rumble at Castle Tentakill.
>>
>>43579553
>gives the cardboard terrain mechanical significance.
....I LOST MY MOUNTAIN....
GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>43579582
Get some cardboard, print out a new one and paste it one, plus cut it out.
Also, Tentakill comes with a castle, so don't feel too bad.
>>
Mmmmmmmmmppppphhhhh mmmmmmpppphhhhh, mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhpppphhhhhhhhh! Mmuuuuuuufffffffffphhhhppphhhhhhh!!!!!
>>
Play pyro! Reflecting is amazing! Reserve shooter is amazing! Detonator jumps are great! Crits on burning or wet players are great! Destroying sappers is great! Pyro is fun!
>>
File: medic.jpg (818 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
medic.jpg
818 KB, 1920x1080
I don't know about you but I'd love to play medic.
Any good party needs healing and buffs.
Second fastest foot speed of any character.
Regeneration.
Sucky at range, but terrifying melee capability.

Hilarious to role-play.

Is it a homebrew system? If not where can I find it?
>>
>>43579721
I FORGOT THE BEST MECHANIC! EXTINGUISHING TEAMMATES!
>>
Hey look buddy I'm an Engineer and typically that means I solve problems. But you already know that don't ya? So I got to tinkerin' around and figured that I can modify my teams weaponry and assorted items to be the best looking and most over powered force to be reckoned with.

Have you ever seen a shotgun that shoots napalm-filled, barbed flechette? It'll bleed and burn, cooking those damn coward Spahs. Jarate filled darts? How about I take a look at that gun, Camp Ground? Oh looky here. Jarate and Mad Milk filled darts. Twice the healing.

Hey Pyro? Here's a mini-porter. If there's a SPAH ROUND HERE you can huddah back to help.

Soldier... You just kill the bad guys. They're communist nazis.
>>
>>43578130
Be the W+M1 pyro with the phlog.
>>
Something nobody mentioned: if you're one of those people who plays as girls in every campaign or whatever, then the supplementary materials have Miss Pauling (who tries to be a diplomancer and keep people close to earth) and Zhanna (basically Heavy in female form with machine gun proficiency replaced with martial arts)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.