[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /tg/ man enough to theorycraft a race that only passes on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1447133473188.png (2 MB, 1017x1032) Image search: [Google]
1447133473188.png
2 MB, 1017x1032
Is /tg/ man enough to theorycraft a race that only passes on genes through crossbreeding, and avoid making it 'magical realm' tier?
>>
>>43571721
Humans can crossbreed with other humans if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>43571721
>Humans can't crossbreed with everything
Dropped.
>>
Some form of sexy parasite?
>>
>>43571721
changelings
>>
I imagine a lot of monsters are either basically unique or work that way. It seems less ridiculous than the idea that an ecosystem has to support all that bullshit in the monster manual even in a fantasy world

Granted that can come with some sort of rapey implications
>>
>>43571721
>Sprite
>Giant
>Maybe

What does that even look like?
>>
>>43571844
Either the giant jerks off onto the sprite or the sprite goes spelunking
>>
>>43571844
I imagine it's either a giant with wings or a sprite who's just bigger than usual.
>>
>>43571721

"Magical Realm" is entirely subjective and varies from group to group. What counts or doesn't count depends on who you're talking to and about.

I wouldn't consider Glorantha's Broo to be "magical realm" in general because I find them a genuinely terrifying threat rather than just somebody's lame fetish fuel.
But on the other hand, if I knew the GM who was running it was a gay furry with a rape fetish, I'd say it was probably getting into magical realm then; switch GMs and it'd be fine.
>>
>>43571721
A symbiotic creature that of humans.

Any child of the host is born with a symbiont. However is the other creature is also host of a symbiont, it usually does not work since the symbiont produces a carbon copy of itself and the child has a problem to be conceived.

Two symbionts can merge into one being to diversify the specifies but this has nothing to do with the reproduction of the species.

They can also change hosts, but do so rarely. Hosts of these symbiotic creatures uses have common traits among them, so they can constitute as a separate race in game terms.
>>
>>43571721
Old school DnD minotaurs already did this.
>>
>>43571721
Asari from Mass Effect.
>>
>>43571855
>>43571857
Different strokes for different folks.
>>
A race of all-female parasites who steal their host's genetic material to self-fertilize, and the outcome has some of the traits of the host
>>
You mean hags? If so, yes, hags.
>>
>>43571721

they are pokemon.

.... egg moves man.

move eggs.
>>
>>43571721
That is like 5x too much cross breeding to not be magical realm.
>>
>>43571721

Why can dragons crossbreed with everything?
>>
>>43573171
Dragon dildos.
Magical Dragon dildos.
>>
>>43573171
Magic, probably? I assume that's what's going on with the angels and devils.
>>
>>43573171
Magic and shapeshifting.
>>
>>43571721
Parasitism is probably an easy out. Don't need to get penises involved in the mix, just borrow from scifi and have the creature inject eggs through the skin that adapt to the host body.
>>
>>43571721
it's called real life

once you go black you never go back
>>
>>43571721
God that chart is so shit at presentation, the book it's from is just as crappy too.

They could have shrunk that chart by taking the Dryad, Nymph, Satyr, and Sprite options and condensed them down to Fey. The breed with all categories are celestials, fiends, elementals, giants (if humanoid shape), fey, and dragons.

Orc and goblinoid, Bugbear/hobgoblin/goblin, cannot mix. I have literally never seen that kind of option ever, in any edition.

Merfolk and elves is something I haven't seen either. Mixing Triton and Merfolk is just fucking stupid as they are separate races.

For all of its wanting to be the Go To source for erotic fantasy for 3.5, that book was utterly terrible at taking into account how the various D&D properties worked and just came up with its own silly awful shit.

As to the OP, it's called Tieflings in 4e. Any cross between humans and tieflings results in tieflings.
>>
>>43571721
>Implying my qt Halfling isn't pregnant with an alpha male Human's child laying in her womb

Fuck that noise.
>>
>>43573562
>I have literally never seen that kind of option ever, in any edition.

I'm pretty sure that Bastards & Bloodlines covered pretty much all of these.
>>
>>43571721

Quick Longshot, but here we go;

>Subrace of humans (let's call them Genghis-kin), known for thousands of years of inbreeding
>Because of the history, certain genes clash and therefore result in stillbirths or major deformities, not giving much hope to the future of the race.
>Motivated due to dwindling numbers, they decided to scatter and create small clans that focus on breeding with different races

Needs a bit more work, but I guess that's the barebones of it.
>>
>Theorycraft
It already exists in real life. There's a polyploid, all-female species complex of mole salamanders around the American Great Lakes that only can reproduce by mating with males of similar, more strictly defined species.
>>
>>43571721
>Ogre x Minotaur maybe
What the hell does that look like?
>>
>>43575412
Really? That's the thing on the chart you choose to question?
>>
>>43575437
The actual horror I'm imagining that this looks like is piquing my interest for a possible playable character.
I'm also just having issues imagining this combo for some reason.
>>
>>43575566
It's an bigger, uglier, greener minotaur. What's not to get?
>>
>>43575621
I don't know, just green Minotaurs seem so wrong.
Would their skin just be green or would their fur also be green?
Also would they have two heads if they were spell casters? ala WoW ogre magi?
Just trying to get some input here.
>>
>>43571721
Fimir.
>>
>>43571721
Old school D&D Minotaurs were a male only race that could only breed with human women. A woman impregnated by a minotaur always gave birth to a minotaur and didn't always survive.
>>
>>43572273
>only
>>
>>43572273
Asari can breed with eachothers. They avoid it because taboo and natural born killer downs syndrome.
>>
File: 1447097547653.jpg (44 KB, 416x580) Image search: [Google]
1447097547653.jpg
44 KB, 416x580
>>43571855
>>43571857
>>43572305
In terms of brewity, we almost reached 100% /tg/ concentration here
>>
>>43571721
>>43573171

I'm more interested in why dryads can breed with everything EXCEPT lizardfolk.
>>
>>43576415

Wouldn't kobolds also lay eggs?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.