[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19
File: tim.jpg (52 KB, 390x317) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
52 KB, 390x317
I know the GP's over, but because we had such a successful, civilized thread last time, maybe we can continue it.

post brews and poorfag lists and secret tech!

discuss gp results!

lament not picking up snapcasters when they were eight bucks apiece!
>>
Really? You waited a whole seven minutes before declaring the thread a loss. On a slow board like /tg in the middle of the day on a weekday. Patience is a virtue.
>>
Imperial Painter reporting.

May you have a nice day full of Blood Moons :^)
>>
>>43564179
jokes on you i play fourteen basic islands because i'm poor
>>
File: Plains.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Plains.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
>>43563643
DnT Reporting in. A one of Council's judgment is my secret tech, Much happier with it than the mangara it replaced.
Oh, I currently am using ZEN full arts, but kind of want to switch to a regular foil basic, so recommend sweet art. Was thinking about the lightning plains, but those are 7 dollars for foils.
>>
>>43564577
The esper plains from shards and the time spiral basics are cool if you don't mind that they're a little newer
>>
I have shardless BUG, but can't decide the exact configuration to go with. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 231.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>43564577
I'm a fan of this one. And Avon in general.
>>
>>43564577

https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/home/plains
>>
>>43564179
I envy you. Imperial Painter is my dream deck. Have everything but the Recruiters (which I have proxied in the past, when allowed). I don't think those Bad Larry's will be appearing for me any time soon.

Been out of the game for a long while now, but I'm looking to start playing again.

Looking to finish a mono green Natural Order deck since I already have playsets of GC and Cavern. All I need for that deck are the Natural Orders, which are much more reasonably priced priced. I know it's not top tier, but I've always loved Elves, and I'm on a wicked strict budget as my wife and I are in the process of buying our first home.

Do you stomp the fuck out people with your Painter deck? What is it weak against these days?
>>
File: plains331.jpg (53 KB, 234x320) Image search: [Google]
plains331.jpg
53 KB, 234x320
>>43564701
Avon is my favorite land artist, and this is my favorite basic art by him
>>
>>43563643
Thoughts on star city Jews dropping legacy?
Also, fuck yeah Reliquary Retreat
(No I'm not calling it Brave Sir Robin like the fuckwit who came up with the deck)
>>
>>43565298
I would not be surprised if they start supporting legacy in 2017 or something after everyone sells all the legacy staples to SCG.
>>
>>43565298
I think its sensationalism. How does that deck stand up to abrupt decays everywhere
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 104x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 104x144
>>43564577
Hey buuuu-ddddyy
>>
so is stiflenought dead now that abrupt decay is everywhere, or can you fight through that with misdirection/divert?

i sorta want to make a budget stiflenought deck because trinket mage is probably my favorite card in all of magic
>>
>>43565709
You might be able to fit it into a sundial of the infinite shell. It might not be tier 1, but I think you can make it work.
>>
>>43565709
You could run it with spellskites, but it sounds like more of a control deck. It would be pretty good against RUG or grixis delver
>>
Thinking about buying into ANT on mtgo seeing as it's like 400 bucks. Does anyone play it or magic online in general?
>>
>>43566071
ANT is pretty consistently good enough to win tourneys
>>
>>43566071

ANT is pretty good on MTGO because there's no DnT. That said, the Legacy events don't always fire, so I might be a little wary about buying into the format on MTGO.
>>
>>43565709
A lot of things are dead thanks to Abrupt Decay. In competitive play, stiflenought is one such thing.
>>
Hows DnT atm ? I have had it built but havent had the chance to play legacy in a few years since ive been busy with edh/life
>>
File: 1436413738660.jpg (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1436413738660.jpg
51 KB, 250x250
>>43565496
>>
Word around the office is that someone playing All Spells made Day 2.

Anybody got info? A decklist?
>>
>>43566877
Still tier 1, got a little worse with the DTT ban, be prepared for shardless.
>>
>>43566071

New(ish) AnT player here.

The deck's got a steep learning curve, but I like it anyway. Preliminary tips:

—The biggest problem cards for the deck are Counterbalance, Gaddock Teeg, Thalia, Eidolon of the Great Revel, and Force of Will. Extraction effects, Trinisphere/Thorn/Null Rod, Stifle, and Mindbreak Trap are less problematic, but they're out there.

—Don't throw down all your discard spells early unless you're going against someone running Pox or similar (if they've got a Hymn to Tourach or a Sinkhole, that's probably the card to take). Otherwise, save discards for your combo-turn; if people counter your early rituals or cantrips, you're likely to have time to build up your hand and fire again. Save your discards for when you do.

—Against D&T and Maverick, your discard spells are unlikely to be that useful. Side most out for Dread of Night, Chain of Vapor, and maybe Disfigure or Massacre. N.B.: Maverick is probably your worst matchup, with D&T, Pox, and Miracles all coming in somewhere not far behind. Gaddock Teeg is the mother of all problems.

—Board out Ad Nauseam against Burn and Delver. I would consider keeping at least two copies of Empty the Warrens in the sideboard for matchups like these and (maybe) Maverick and D&T.
>>
Thanks for the tips man, I really appreciate them. I'll keep them allin mind

>>43566350
Thanks for the warning. I just don't have the chance to play legacy much around here, and I would love to play online anyways, from the confront of my shitty computer chair
>>
>>43568733
Not really, he/she's not in the top 32 at least.
>>
I just realised that Exhume and Reanimate have been printed with white borders in Battle Royale.

Now I want playsets for my Reanimator deck. They'll look great next to my 5th edition Brainstorm and basics.

Too bad those are almost the only white borders you can play next to duals.
>>
>>43571751
Get the all white border deck, then sign all of your cards. Tilt ensues.
>>
>>43571751
Can you mismatch editions on every single card in your deck, or is that card marking
>>
>>43572021
Thats fine
>>
>>43572021
That's pretty much how my deck is now.

3x ODY Entomb and one Graveborn
3x Promo Griselbrand and one from Avacyn, etc...

But I kind of want to go full white border
>>43571868
Problem is, there's no WB Entomb, Force of Will, etc... Shit sucks. I could acetone the borders, but older cards are really finnicky in that regard, and I don't want to risk fucking up my Forces or Show and Tells.
>>
Whats the best art for Hymn to Tourach? Is one of each a reasonable option?
>>
>>43572088
Yeah that's not worth it. It would be cool as shit, like a foiled out deck but better
>>
>>43572113
the new one is good but for me its a tie between the wolves and the old man
>>
File: IMG_20151110_150102242.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_150102242.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
>Poorfag lists
H-here I g-go
>>
>>43574784
You think YOU'RE a poorfag? I can't even afford Dredge.

Also, legacy bros, current modern player here. Thinking about switching to Legacy. I've heard great things about the community and I want in on it. Can anyone confirm that this is "the comfiest format"?
>>
>>43572113
Anthologies for that nice white border feel
>>
>>43574784
Slivers are expensive in terms of ROI I guess.
>>
>>43574874
I'd say the spergs are fewer and farther between, but only the most extreme spergs survive.
>>
I have 3 legacy decks. In order from most to least fun for me, Doomsday, Recross Belcher, and Rack Pox. Tell me why I'm a bad person.
>>
>>43575058
I have burn and I was building Grixis control in modern, but I think I might switch over and sell a few of my modern cards to piece together a legacy deck. Is Omnitell still badly neutered from DTT ban? What about Esper Mentor and Stoneblade?
>>
>>43575231
Stoneblade was fine before dtt, it'll be fine now. Omni tell lost a lot of power, and it's also one of Satan's temptations and you shouldn't play it anyway. Stoneblade, if you can afford it, would be a good choice. Don't know much about Esper mentor.
>>
>>43575231
Also if you have modern burn you're not far off from legacy burn, so if you think you wouldn't get bored by it that's you're cheapest bet. Selling your modern cards might not get you that close to a deck like stoneblade.
>>
>>43575231
Sneak and show has largely replaced omnitell. Some people are playing eurekatell, but it's not as good as omnitell was. Basically now you can't just rely on drawing one of four combo pieces so you need to include more win cons. Reanimator runs show and tell as board tech against gy hate too.
>>
>>43572113
Yellow table, accept no substitutes
>>
File: hymn-to-tourach-art.jpg (71 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
hymn-to-tourach-art.jpg
71 KB, 500x400
>>43572113
>>
Playable in some form of Maverick/Junk? This thing grows off:

>Deathrite Shaman
>Scavenging Ooze
>Sword of Light and Shadow
>Batterskull
>Opponent's Swords to Plowshares
>Opponent's Grove of the Burnwillows

Perhaps a sideboard card against Punishing Jund?
>>
>>43576671
Hey, I really like the round dance of Tourach for some reason.
>>
>>43576872
it seems kind of slow, and without the lifegain cards is just a bear
>>
>>43576872
idk, i never really felt the need for a better ajani's pridemate, but it does sound sorta interesting

trying out spicy tech is like half the fun of legacy
>>
>>43576671
The upper right art is baller as fuck.
>>
>>43577002
agreed, quinton hoover owns
>>
>>43576976
>i never really felt the need for a better ajani's pridemate

You probably never felt the need for a better Birds of Paradise either, but here we are with Deathrite Shaman in existence.
>>
>>43577220
sure, but i'm not really convinced karlov is deathrite shaman

one is a one mana planeswalker, the other is a bear who sometimes grows incidentally
>>
>>43577401
>one mana planeswalker
Deathrite as a Planeswalker would be so cool
>>
>>43577401
Don't forget sometimes maybe removes something.

I'm still kind of new to the format, but I am Surprised anyone is saying anything about Karlov. He is a beat that needs 2 colors, does nothing when he comes in, does nothing passively, and does nothing actively. He not only needs other cards to function, he needs a specific event to function, and even further, he needs three instances of that event to take an active stance besides attacking without any evasion.

Don't get me wrong. I like him. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I'm seeing a card that requires a lot of other cards to function for marginal upside. Maybe a soul sisters for legacy? I like the idea, but not sure about the application.
>>
So between Jeskai and Esper Stoneblade, which variant is the most stable and consistent? I've looked at the primers on MTGSalvation but they're all pretty old. The Sword choices on the primer differ vastly from the Sword choices I see on MTGTop8. Ideas for which variant to build and Sword choice(s)?

just trying to understand new decks
>>
>>43572113
One of each
>>
>>43579513
Only equipment you need are jitte, batterskull, and fire and ice

Esper is dirtier IMO. You give up bolts and red blasts but get thoughtseize and other sweet black cards
>>
>>43580365
Would Feast and Famine be better in an Esper shell? Fire and Ice feels more UWr-centered. I've also read about the token from Body and Mind helping you in the late game, but this was from the primer.
>>
>>43580399
You already have thoughtseize and lili for discard, and the untap doesn't do all that much

Drawing an extra card per turn is insane, and the shock can dominate the board against smaller creatures or just race extra fast.

Body and mind is weird IMO. Awkward against graveyard strategies and the wolf is useful sometimes but you should hopefully be in control of the board anyways
>>
>>43580612
Speaking of Lili, is a 2-1 Lili-Jace split reaching too far? Should I just stick with 3 Liliana and cut Jace altogether? It feels like he offers so much I can't afford to not run him.
>>
>>43578602
He has a unique effect, which means its at least worth looking at him. I don't think he's good enough, but just like the original soul sisters it could be a good meta call.

Also am I just mistaken, or was soul sisters good for exactly one tournament as a meta call 5 years ago and it's power level has since then been overestimated?
>>
File: 1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
pls ignore
>>
>>43580737
I like 2-1 on lili-jace

Jace is a really strong card that your opponent has to answer
>>
>>43580794
I know I'm asking a lot, but if I posted a list, would you mind looking at it and giving me your impression?
>>
>>43580851
Go for it

Also keep in mind that I don't have the deck built, but I've played against it tons.
>>
Has anyone tried Liliana, Heretical Healer yet? Cabal Therapy feels like it makes it possible.
>>
>>43580878
It doesn't really do anything that the other lili does better. Try it out, but I do not believe that any of the new walkers do much
>>
File: 3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
pls ignore

Also: There is no worse feeling than being a modern-only player, and finding the most PERFECT card for your deck, and then discovering it's not modern-legal.
>>
>>43580875
Here's my list right now.

CREATURES
4 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Geist of Saint Traft
2 Dark Confidant

EQUIPMENT
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Batterskull
1 Sword of Fire and Ice

SORCERY/INSTANTS
4 Brainstorm
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Vindicate
4 Thoughtseize
3 Hymn to Tourach
1 Council's Judgment

PLANESWALKERS
2 Liliana of the Veil
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

LANDBASE
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
3 Tundra
3 Island
2 Plains
2 Underground Sea
2 Scrubland
2 Swamp
1 Karakas

SIDEBOARD
1 Containment Priest
1 Flusterstorm
1 Pithing Needle
2 Rest in Peace
1 Entreat the Angels
3 Meddling Mage
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Wrath of God
2 Path to Exile
1 Spell Pierce
1 Surgical Extraction
>>
>>43580947
I think I would run true name nemesis over Geist, and then cut a few vindicates and maybe a thoughtseize for ponders
>>
>>43580947
>>43581026
Oh also you need 4 force of will

You can't not play force and I'd even consider making room for a spell pierce or flusterstorm
>>
>>43581047
I had a feeling you'd mention Force of Will. Guess it can't be helped; it IS the best counterspell.
>>
>>43581150
its a really important card for any blue deck

Also I didn't realize earlier that you don't have wastelands, which is also a big one. I'd cut a couple islands, a plains, and maybe a tundra to make room
>>
>>43581228
How does this look?

1 Batterskull
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Stoneforge Mystic
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Spell Pierce

3 Thoughtseize
3 Hymn to Tourach
3 Ponder
1 Council's Judgment
1 Vindicate

2 Liliana of the Veil
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Island
2 Swamp
2 Tundra
2 Underground Sea
2 Wasteland
1 Karakas
1 Plains
1 Scrubland

Sideboard untouched, 21 total lands. Should it be 3-4 Wasteland? I wouldn't know what to cut to keep the manabase stable enough for BB, UU, and WW.
>>
>>43581324
You could probably get away with moving the 4th force of will to the sideboard and adding an additional fetch land (marsh flats)
>>
>>43581324
Shardless bug runs 2-3 and they have a greedy manabase
>>
>>43581376
I like keeping four forces main in a combo heavy meta, which my FNM is
>>
Does anyone play Legacy on MTGO? How's the meta and the scene in general?
>>
>>43582811
Really burn heavy
>>
>>43582811
From what I've seen and heard its blue biased
>>
>>43582811
No death and taxes from what I've heard.
>>
>>43583470
Port is almost 200$ea online.
>>
>>43580947
4 vindicates is way too much bro, and council's judgment does the job better.
>>
>>43585003
I generally agree, but stone rain can be relevant
>>
>>43585031
sure, but if you're gonna play 3 mana sorcery speed spells, you at least want those spells to win you the game if they resolve. If you want a stone rain effect, then play wastelands.
>>
>>43585075
Councils judgement and vindicate have roughly the same effect, except that councils judgement can target tops, TNN and pro/shroud creatures. Neither is going to win you the game, but having an extra out to inkmoths and the ability to destroy basics is worth a one of. Maybe. Its worth trying at least.
>>
File: b67dhl2j.jpg (221 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
b67dhl2j.jpg
221 KB, 500x400
>>43576671
>>
>>43585504
Finally, an opinion I can agree with.
>>
>>43585504
Why does everyone like wolf so damn much
>>
>>43585861
It reminds me of the "Three Wolves Howling" tee shirt
>>
Who >infect here.
>>
>>43585861
thats a wolf? always thought it was a fox.
>>
>>43585211
if your meta is full of infect then sure, it's worth trying, but often times it's a waste of a slot. There's a reason why it sees zero play.
>>
>>43563643
>not picking up snapcasters when they were eight bucks apiece!
>dwelling on mistakes from 3 years ago
>>
>>43586776
Is infect even good in Legacy?

>>43588971
I had to pick mine up for $50 a pop. It was a rough week on my wallet.
>>
>tfw just bought an Underground Sea and a LotV for casual memeformats

I wish I could just be a man and play Legacy, but I am afraid.
>>
>>43589314
It's got the ability to pull out t2 wins, I think it's good
>>
Is regeneration still a thing on M:tG creatures?

Does it still involve tapping the creature?

Does it resolve after combat damage or instead of?
I mean if a 1/1 creature was blocked by 1/1 creature and attacker used regeneration effect on attacking (blocked) creature, like death ward, would only the attacking creature die, both of them or neither?
>>
>>43590364
>>43562435
>>
>>43590404
Oh. Thank you.
>>
What's the opinion on Sylvan Plug? I've been thinking a lot about it, since I have a lot of the piece. It's prison deck that actually has some deck manipulation through GSZ and Library.

Most versions right now are Junk for KotR, Decay, and memerhino. I've been thinking a lot about running either Jund or just straight GR with Huntmaster, Punishing Fire/Grove, and Burning Wish. There are so many janky sorceries that work well with Sol lands, plus it lets you run effectively 8 copies of all of your 1-of value creatures by wishing for zenith.

Wish for Pyroclasm, hell, wish for fucking Tsunami. With 4 Sol lands and 4 Mox Diamond, the mana is always there.
>>
>>43580943
>There is no worse feeling than being a modern-only player
FIFY
>>
File: IMG_20151105_121540525.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_121540525.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>43580943
I know that feel (even though I play legacy and pauper too).
>Hymn to tourach will never be modern legal.
>>
>>43588971
I remember I bought my playset of Goblin Guide when it was 2€ each and everybody was saying it was shit. Never listen to the internet, bros.
>>
>>43590848
You have access to all of the most powerful cards in magic, except for all of the fun ones
>>
>>43590592
>there is no worse feeling than barely being able to afford modern
FTFY
>>
>>43591353
>there is no worse feeling than being heavily invested in KTK/DTK-BFZ Standard

fixed bro
>>
>>43591665
>there is no worse feeling than playing only BFZ limited
>>
>>43591665
>there is no worse feeling than playing standard
>>
>>43592118
>there is no worse feeling than playing
>>
File: 20151105_222908.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151105_222908.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Not legacy but can anyone give me some advice on what to take out of my modern deck for 3 bolts?
Pic related
>>
>>43595245
Let's start with:

-4 Rocks
+4 Path
-1 Ral, -1 Jace, -1 Gideon
+3 Bolt
-3 Spellheart
+3 Snapcaster Mage
-1 Cyclonic Rift
+1 Elspeth Knight Errant
-2 Tormenting Voice
+2 Serum Visions
>>
>>43595302
Thank you!
Might be a stupid question but what math path to exile so much better than chained to the rocks?
>>
>>43596203
Path can't be Abrupt Decay'd
>>
/tg/, is successfully hitting on a blind therapy something that can be taught to players or is it just innate? "You either have it or you don't" kind of thing.
>>
>>43589314
Infect is a very respectable deck in legacy. It only needs an infector, invigorate + berserk to kill someone and can have countermagic backup to interact with.
>>
>>43596289
Its something you can learn by just playing, but you need to play good games and teach how to read the information your opponent is giving you, such as missing land drops, how they're fetching and what their sequencing means
>>
Does Meren have potential as a Junk/Jund "value" finisher?
>>
>>43596954
Its alright, except against white
>>
>>43596954
Meren looks pretty okay in Nic Fit.
>>
>>43597287
Nic Fit is my favorite "bad" legacy deck.

>tfw you pod Strix into Witness into Sower into Thragtusk into Grave Titan

Its so bad, but so much fun.
>>
>>43597546
Also when I say Nic Fit is bad, I don't mean anything nasty by that. Like, I'd love for someone to "crack" Nic Fit and make it competitive in legacy.
>>
>>43585504
>Guys holding hands
>Not gay
Table and old man are the only acceptable ones.
>>
>>43597637
I feel like in legacy, "bad" usually means "fun but not tier 1-2 competitive"
>>
R8 my Parfait:

Engine: 9
4 Land Tax
3 Scroll Rack
1 Zuran Orb
1 Crucible of Worlds

Spells: 14
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Orim's Chant
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Wrath of God

Bullets: 9
3 Oblivion Ring
1 Ivory Tower
1 Pithing Needle
1 Runed Halo
1 Trinisphere
1 Ghostly Prison
1 Humility

Win: 5
2 Rest in Peace
2 Helm of Obedience
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Mana: 23
12 Plains
3 Ghost Quarter
2 Mistveil Plains
2 Kjeldoran Outpost
4 Mox Diamond

Sideboard: 15
2 Path to Exile
2 Faith's Shield
2 Containment Priest
1 Tormod's Crypt
1 Porphyry Nodes
1 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Cursed Totem
1 Suppression Field
1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
1 Solitary Confinement
1 Wrath of God
>>
File: 6.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
>>43598948
>1 Ghostly Prison

You know, I always wondered, what if instead of merely inconveniencing with Ghostly Prison, you used something like Aurification to completely lock down whatever attacks you?
>>
>>43599242
Ghostly Prison is one mana cheaper, and will hopefully force them to play their lands, allowing me to use lamd tax. For 4 mana I can play Humility, which protects me from stuff like Emrakul.
>>
>>43599419

Oh, very true. Thanks for explaining!
>>
>>43598559
That's precisely what it means.

I dunno, I'm kind of cynical about magic lately, I just feel like if you aren't playing miracles or some kind of delver stat your deck is shit
>>
Reminder that sneak and show is for keks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yhBiJuQumQ
>>
>>43600010
>keks

meant keks, ffs
>>
>>43600028
Praise hiroshimoot
>>
>>43600119
yeah I just realized I was running into a filter
>>
>>43599600
I notice the omission of stoneblade and shardless bug.
>>
How erect were you when this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJyOtEzLWo&index=1
>>
>>43600188
Almost as erect as when I saw the Hypergenesis vs Elves match or the reverse Helm kill, both of them live. Patrick Sullivan is how I aim to play my burn deck.

>>43600174
Is Stoneblade finally tier 1 again now that Show and Tell got neutered?
>>
>>43600962
>Is stoneblade tier 1?
I hope so, I just finished building it
>>
>>43602651
Its..... stone unplayable
But actually it's pretty good
>>
>>43597546
>>43598559
Would you consider >>43598948 to be "bad" or actually bad?
>>
File: 79[1].jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
79[1].jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>tfw built Burn in paper like a year ago
>haven't gotten to play a single game of Legacy

It's suffering.
>>
File: 30dollarsandtotallyunplayable.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
30dollarsandtotallyunplayable.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>43604096
>build Solidarity (reset high tide) a year and a half-ago
>deck is pretty neat, all instant speed
>already have snapcaster and blue fetches from modern, just gotta buy force and resets.
>legacy scene in my area is totally dead
>play maybe one time, half the decks are standard
>noobs get butthurt when I combo their standard pile
>nobody has fun
>DTT, the glue holding this jank deck together, is banned
>two weeks later store near me starts doing legacy with all proxies, big turn out

I guess I can play anything I want now, but I hate playing with proxies, so I'm building this >>43598948 cause its cheap and versatile.
>>
>That feel when it's been so long since you played your decks that were Standard at the time are now Legacy.
>>
>>43604336
Damn dude, that's like 15 years
>>
>>43604024
I think that if I was going up against it, I'd be pretty thrilled
>>
>>43604336
Please tell me you played mono black control back when Necropotence was king
>>
was any one around during the combo winter here?
>>
>>43605843

No. But I had it, drew it from a booster, and since I was a dumb little kid traded it to a douchebag (who ran one of the two local card shops) for a Crimson Hellkite. He really made out in that deal.
>>
>>43607280
What exactly was in the combo winter? Like, what did the decks do?
>>
>>43596289
If you're playing a combo deck then a blind therapy is to hit a card that you know you can't beat. Like on TES majority of the time you'll name a force because that is the most problematic card for you.
>>
>>43608383
combo
>>
File: 129.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
129.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>43608383
Things that were in standard:
Lotus Petal
Mox Diamond
Tolarian Academy
Grim Monolith
Windfall
Dream Halls
Yawgmoth's Will
Mind over Matter
Fluctuator and cycling stuff
Time Spiral

and pic related
>>
>>43611496
Dream Halls is such a cool card
Fucking Omniscience being the same thing but boring
>>
File: 96.jpg (83 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
83 KB, 312x445
>>43611496
>>43608383
>>
>>43611496
>and pic related
Didn't that get emergency banned right before it hit the shelves?
>>
>>43611562
A few weeks after.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.