[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When people use the bathroom, is it proper to keep playing until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: yuzuko1.jpg (545 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yuzuko1.jpg
545 KB, 1280x720
When people use the bathroom, is it proper to keep playing until their turn and wait for them, or stop the game entirely while they're gone?
>>
>>43560742
Stop the game, unless you enjoy a lot of "Wait, what's going on? What are we doing?"
>>
>>43560742
In combat you keep playing until it's their turn/they get attacked.

Out of combat you wait unless the party is split.

But jesus what kind of player can't wait until a breaking point to go pee?
>>
>>43560742
Yes.
Skipping their action until they get back is rude.
>>
Just declare a general break. Use the bathroom, go outside to smoke, check your phone, once every other hour or so set aside a little time for everyone to get it out of their system at once so they can concentrate on the game the rest of the time.
>>
File: 1436400800068.jpg (148 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1436400800068.jpg
148 KB, 467x700
>>43560742

Depends on the group.

Generally:

>Critical aka story/combat

I'm sure other GMs have different ways of doing this but I stop my games.

>non critical stuff aka shopping / filler

Keep the game going.
>>
>>43560758
>But jesus what kind of player can't wait until a breaking point to go pee?

My DM insists on 8 hour sessions with as few breaks as possible.

I'm beginning to think he's one of those people who plays for hours on Saturday because he's got nothing else to do.
>>
>first session with group
>start by going to a bar to meet Johnson
>we order drinks
>in character I say that I need to go to the restroom.
>get up and go to restroom.
Best way to deal with this problem.
If it's a tense situation, then stop for then
>>
>>43561129
>Playing a robot

Now what
>>
>>43561396
Requires a coolant renewal
>>
>>43561396

Going to the recharge station or non-critical firmware update that requires downloading and rebooting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.