[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Confidants' Quest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: Curse.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Curse.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
Let's play a game, /tg/. A game anyone may play.

I would like you to play as yourself, the anon behind the screen. If that is difficult, you may invent a character, any character. For maximum enjoyment, I recommend not giving your invented character too many benefits.

Now, then. How good is your memory of the past 24 hours?
>>
>How good is your memory of the past 24 hours?
4/10
>>
>>43551384
Do not worry if your memory is poor. If anything, you will benefit the most from this game.

I did forget to say one thing. The setting of the game will be this current-day Earth. If you want to involve a character that's not part of this Earth, include some way to send them here: magic, divine intervention, portals, the Akasha Corridor, whatever.

Again, all my questions are open for anyone to answer.

It is 22:00 4chan time right now. What time is it in your area?
>>
>>43551311
pretty good
>>
>>43551524
7:18 PM pacific time
>>
>>43551311
5/10

00:19
>>
Were you awake exactly 24 hours ago, from 22:00 4chan time? If not, when did you wake up?
>>
>>43551656
Yep, I was
>>
>>43551524
07:23
>>
>>43551656
I was awake.
>>
>>43551726
>>43551656
And no, I wasn't. I'd wake up somewhere around 11.
>>
>>43551656
YES
>>
I think you have the wrong board, OP. Gullible retards who believe spooky stories go on >>>/x/
>>
>>43551311
7/10

>>43551524
same as>>43551588

>>43551656
yes
>>
I'm moving the game along after my latest question is answered.

Now the game shall begin in earnest. If you entered the grand stage late, you must answer every question I have asked so far in order to properly catch up to my latest comment.

It is 22:00 4chan time today. Whatever activity you've been doing right now is interrupted by a daydream.

In this daydream, you experience the last 24 hours of my own life. Whatever I've seen, heard, smelled, tasted, touched, you will also sense. My inner thoughts you won't know, however.

The last thing you "observe" in this daydream is me keeling over, dead.

After that, you find yourself at 22:00 4chan time yesterday. If you were asleep at that time and woke up later, you would find yourself at the exact time you woke up instead.

How do you handle the next 24 hours?
>>
>>43551906
Check myself into a hospital. Normally I just have to deal with depression and mild biploar. Hallucinations are new.
>>
>>43551906
If i suddenly foundmyself doing the exact same thing i was doing at that timei'd lose my boner and I doubt i would be able to fap at all that day. First i would probably pace around for a bit trying to reason out if that was real or not. ultimately I would have to sleep on it, but the next day I would think about it, but i would try to not let it affect me.
>>
>>43551906
Well, I'd wake up in a few hours and consider the implications of this really elaborate dream I've had. What was it it like anyway?
>>
>>43551906

I'd sit on my bed all day thinking about it. I guess I would be afraid to tell anyone about it and I'd just try to keep on going with my day, doing some stuff and trying to forget.
>>
>>43551906
It's 10:46 now I was not awake 24 hours ago, I was awake 23 hours ago however.

How would I react? It depeends on of it was murder, suicide or natural occurences. From there how emotionally charged was it? Was it naturally bound to happen? Or was unnaturally interfered with? Depending on those, I would act. If my action was not required or necessary, I would say "huh" and go on with my day as planned.
>>
>>43552168
Assuming we are average humans, how you experience your day would be no different from how I experience my day. How you see is how I see, how you hear is how I hear, and smell, and taste, and touch.

Time passes, and it is now 22:00, November 8, 2015 in 4chan time. The daydream of my last 24 hours comes again, but this time, you may manipulate it like a video.

You may rewind it to replay an event in my day.
You may pause it to analyze a sensation, or simply to think on something more.
You may fast-forward it to skip events in my day.
If you do decide to manipulate the daydream, you may end it by fast-forwarding to my death.

After sensing my death a second time, you find yourself at 22:00, November 7, 2015, 4chan time (or later, if you woke up later).

Loop 2. Wat do?
>>
>>43552449
Discover cause of death, solve, be finished with loops.
>>
>>43552449
Again, the logical conclusion is that I am very sick. Not just mentally. I'm like that all the time. Because of this cold I am so congested I can't hear out of my right ear very well. It is muffled. I went to the doctor but he just brushed it off like it was nothing to worry about. What if I go deaf in that ear forever? Anyway, back to the main point. Hospital. Luckily I can afford insurance thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
>>
>>43552536
Looks like this anon found one of the two ways out of the game. I've asked many people, and few actually decide to save me that early.

Now assume the death cannot be prevented. Next course of action?
>>
>>43552616
I knew I'd find an anon who would be playing the game while sick. Stick around for the bonus rounds, if you can.

Your own health comes first, however.
>>
>>43552665
Bring about justice or closure for the cause of the murder.
>>
>>43552665
Why would anyone want to save you when you are disgusting human garbage? Sorry to speak the truth so plainly. Quest runners should all kill themselves.
>>
>>43552703
That's assuming someone is behind the unchangeable death. What if it's something completely bullshit like the Earth erasing me from existence?
>>
>>43552725
No offense taken, because you bring up a good possibility. I'll elaborate on it after the second way out of the game is found. Do watch this thread for when I come around to it.
>>
>>43552732
not that guy but i would probably try to contact myself and explain the situation and try to convince my now doppleganger self to try and discover the specifics behind the death along with me so that by the end of the day he would be contacted by you already knowing the situation except armed with the knowledge of me telling him the situation and him looking further into it.
>>
>>43552883
Unless your character can actively create doppelgangers, the loops themselves are simply bringing your consciousness from the current loop to the next.

And you found the second way out: telling me that I'm about to die.

There were two ways to escape the loops:
>Delay: if the original death can be averted, the curse will lock onto any other deaths that happen in the interim.
>Awareness: if the original death cannot be averted, the Confidant must inform the person of that fact. Only when that person dies with zero regrets will the curse lock onto a new person.

On the 3rd loop, as you would wake up, you'd hear words in your head that seem to be spoken from my own mouth: "None shall die alone or unknown." This would be the last hint given to you by the loops.

You gained full knowledge of the 4chan time interval between 22:00 November 7 to 22:00 November 8 as experienced by both yourself and me. Would you have exploited this knowledge before preventing my death or informing me beforehand? If so, how?
>>
>>43553073
honestly knowing the things i know now, i would still think that trying to save you is the primary goal, after all this is some crazy shit going on and you and i are somehow connected. Even if I had something i would want to exploit, i would be too worried about the connection between you and me and how that affects me to focus on anything else.
>>
>>43553391
Admirable that my death would still be the first priority in your eyes.

Now for the point of the OP pic. This game was only the beginning of the Confidant's Curse, which rewinds the clocks of its bearers until its current target's death is either prevented of informed.

Today, a person dies every 0.56 seconds on average.

Knowing this, what would you assume is the purpose of the curse?
>>
>>43553525
I'm not really the type of person who ascribes purpose to things and events, but seeing as this is some magic thing that is beyon comprehension and logic, i would say that the purpose of the cures would be to enforce how entertwined our lives are through our relationships with one another.
>>
>>43553688
That's a logical hypothesis: that any given person has been supported by the blood, sweat, and tears of many people before them.

Groundhog Day was one of my inspirations for the game. Specifically, these scenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NjNOAncIlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0GJ0HslNM

Only when the old man died in front of Phil did he decide to use his time to help everyone else whenever possible.

>>43552725 brought up a good point: if the next target of the curse were less than savory to begin with, would you have been as efficient helping "garbage" as you have been with me?
>>
(new guy popping in, fun idea you have here, replies ongoing as I read through)
>>43552449
Well then, we definitely have timeloops here.
Presuming in the fantasy we live close, try to get acquaintanced with you. If not, still try it through interwebs. Try to figure out what happens to you.

>>43552763
>>43553854
If the loop-bound is some eeeevil, try to get him to be less shit at some point, see if his death is his own fault, see the effect of trying to hasten it.

>>43553525
On repeat loop-binds, probably go into the middle of Groundhog Loop mentality progress: abuse to teach myself skills. Abuse to get to know people in the vicinity.

Figure out the bind and switch to another once in a while.
>>
>>43554770
>see the effect of trying to hasten it
I had a special clause regarding just that:
If the Confidant’s knowledge of the events that will come to pass is actively used to preemptively kill the fated person, the Confidant themselves, or an unrelated person, the consequences will play out until the original time of death, after which the Confidant’s clock will be reversed regardless of the final outcome.

There was also a reason behind this game being open to all:
If you were simply one of many Confidants who were locked to the same person, only one of you needed to solve their death.

Are you likely to work together to distribute the work of solving deaths accordingly, or would you be more compelled to compete against each other, knowing that any one of you breaking the loop while the others are busy exploiting it can compromise the entire group of Confidants?
>>
>>43555360
In the set up scenario interaction between Confidants seems exceedingly unlikely. But lets presume one-two notice other people acting strangely around the Fated and figure out there are another loopers.

I wouldn't alert them and just continue going on with it.
>>
>>43555431
This game I've hosted has given me more material for my stories. To all who participated, thank you for your time. If I can compensate you for your efforts, I'll need a little time with this idea to amass some wealth.

If you wish to see how far this idea can go, I have a site for it at:
coldbricksglow.wordpress.com

Question, comments, and suggestions are all appreciated.

I'll be hitting the sack for now, but you may leave any final thoughts here for me to read.
>>
>>43555562
No problem mate, it was a curious exercise.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.