[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soul Calibur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: 1208757415992.jpg (585 KB, 1004x1400) Image search: [Google]
1208757415992.jpg
585 KB, 1004x1400
>Transcending history and the world, a tale of soul and swords eternally retold.

Previous thread: >>43531567

Because the last thread was greatly popular, a second one was created.
>Evil Seed spilling all over the globe, turning people crazy
>Countless rumors and legends surrounding a mythical weapon that grants untold power
>Everyone is gunning for it
>Otherwise trying to survive in a Renaissance-era world filled with cults, monsters, magic, alchemy, world-destroying weapons, inquisitions, and countless dozens of wandering martial artists
There's a lot you could work with in a game based on the Soul Calibur universe. Dealing with malfestation, whether being malfested yourself or hunting down the malfested monsters, dealing with plenty of wandering souls trying to uncover answers, beating the shit out of everyone you see, even hunting down Soul Edge or Soul Calibur are all viable hooks.
>>
File: latest.png (507 KB, 478x476) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
507 KB, 478x476
>>43550386

Another interesting fact, the energy in Soul Edge shards and in the cursed blood of the malfested and descendants of the sword's hosts can transform unliving flesh into monsters.

Not quite zombies on either end, but whatever the fuck Charade is is probably close enough in many respects.
>>
>>43550486
From the Soul Calibur Wiki:
>Charade is the form of a man who is weary from war-torn lands and dreaming of adventure. He finds the legends of Soul Edge, and begins to find its fragments. He is eventually murdered by bandits who had heard a rumor circulating in the cities of a man overly-protective of his possessions. Still grasping the fragments, his corpse is thrown into a river. The blood from the hands forms around the fragments due to the man's tenacity to protect his precious fragments. This being seeks out to find more shards, so it can devour them and become whole. He eventually becomes part of the Soul Edge. Charade is able to scan minds of warriors it confronts, and then creates weapons out of its body to accommodate the fighting style it imitates. When the Soul Embrace was formed, Charade's power appeared to have weakened in response to Soul Edge's dormant state.
>In Soulcalibur IV, Nightmare summons the remaining fragments of Soul Edge to Ostrheinsburg Castle to become whole. Among them are the second Soul Edge created by Cervantes and fragments that have become half-living creatures, one of which might have been Charade.

In other words, Charade is a dude who turned into a Soul Edge-based construct before he was eventually eaten by Soul Edge itself.
>>
File: 1446673088155.jpg (3 MB, 1202x1736) Image search: [Google]
1446673088155.jpg
3 MB, 1202x1736
>>
>>43550486
>>43550556

So the living become horrible masses of flesh and teeth, while the dead become metal skeletons around fleshy cores. Soul Edge is the gift that keeps on giving for enemy generation. Normally sentient swords don't give you much to worry about in a setting besides the poor bastard holding it.
>>
Mandatory viewing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vKw1V9kjA
>>
>>43550588
Well, it kinda became the setting, especially after Soul Calibur popped into play. I mean fuck, them clashing's supposed to be making the world more magical and shit so there's that too.
>>
>>43550615

Good pick.

Personally, I wish they'd made a longer version of this song, it'd be a pretty good boss theme.

https://youtu.be/vT1QsSi1_9M

>>43550650

Good point. Now that Soul Calibur's started to gravitate towards purifying the world rather than just helping humans fight Soul Edge, I wonder how long before it has minions, too.
>>
File: Maxi_SC5_Artbook.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1098) Image search: [Google]
Maxi_SC5_Artbook.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1098
>>43550695
Original Maxi theme best theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBATyMSCg-Y

Fight me.
>>
>>43550695
What do you call Sieggy and Pattycakes when its got its trick on all over them?
>>
>>43550743

Well, those were wielders. Soul Calibur's always been content to merge with one human being to serve as its arms and legs against Soul Edge, but Soul Edge tends to act like an infectious disease, creating dozens of monsters and minions it can manipulate.

Since Soul Calibur's clearly starting to take pages out of Soul Edge's playbook when it tried possessing Patty outright, I imagine it might not be long before it starts turning people besides its wielder into instruments for its will.
>>
File: Soul_Calibur_(SC5).jpg (32 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Soul_Calibur_(SC5).jpg
32 KB, 540x720
>>43550787
And remember that Soul Calibur's goal is not world peace. Soul Calibur's entire existence and pathos is centered around one goal: "stop Soul Edge." Since Soul Edge subsists on souls, Soul Calibur got the bright idea of KILLING ALL HUMANS so as to starve its counterpart of souls.

As blessed a weapon as Soul Calibur may be, it does not look out for your best interests. Everyone is starting to catch on to its bullshit.
>>
>>43550895
It seems less 'kill' and more 'freeze forever in perfect orderly crystal' but same diff.
>>
>>43551054
Half of SC3 and 4 was trying to talk down Siegfried from ending all life on earth with Soul Calibur's power.
>>
I love Astaroth's theme in SC2. Evil Reborn.
>>
>>43551085

Admittedly, Siegfried was not aware this was going to happen. He was just using the only weapon he thought could match Soul Edge to try and destroy it once and for all.

Unfortunately, Soul Calibur decided humans were part of the problem sometime around when Soul Edge temporarily reabsorbed it between Soul Calibur I and II, and it's been getting worse since.
>>
>>43550386
>changed the open to "evil seed spilling over the globes"
>titshot pic
I see what you did, OP, and I approve wholeheartedly.
>>
>>43550386
So I was thinking, how many people know the Shadow Hearts series? Its theme/aesthetic seem like they'd mesh well with Soul Calibur.
>>
>>43551199
So not only do you have to deal with malfestation and the fallout from Soul Edge's fuckery, but you also have to deal with the misguided minions of Soul Calibur who are a bit crazy themselves and want to kill you too.
>>
Is there like a setting document or something where I can read up on the setting?
Because it seems pretty neat, but 6 games is a lot to wade through, especially when you SUCK at fighting games.
>>
>>43551292
The couple pages shown up top most likely come from an artbook or something similar. Apart from scanning and uploading the lore pages from that book, the closest would be sifting through the wiki.
>>
>>43551503
Guess I'll just have to learn how not to suck at fighting games, then.
There are times when I hate /tg/.
>>
>>43551271

The aesthetic and functional magic always reminded me a bit more of the Shin Megami Tensei series, like maybe it was happening down the street from Raidou Kuzonoha or something.

The evil sword from Bushido Blade would work as a tie-in, though. And if that guy threatening to do a Soul Quest wanted to set it in the modern day it would provide a decent impetus to start around.
>>
>>43550386
Anyways same question as last thread that i posted. What else would people like to see in an SC RPG game as a player.
>>
>>43551659
Hot women that give off femdom vibes, without being as blatant about it as Ivy.
>>
>>43551659
I want to know more about the world. Not just the shit involved in the fighting but like the rest, you know?

As far as combat goes, I think that a 'slider' for power based on how much magic was shit into the world via the swords clashing is apropros.
>>
>>43551659
Although I'm not sure if it'd be a good thing to include or not, perhaps combat mechanics that involve a similar "rock paper scissors" attacking system, where attacks target high, medium, or low, and the opponent deciding how to block. This could include focusing on an area of a target to damage their armor for additional damage. However, I don't know if this would be easy to balance or fun on a table, as these are balanced along with factors like animation speed and combos in the game.
>>
>>43551535
Could always watch the character endings on Youtube. That's how most of the story is fleshed out, anyways.
>>
>>43551814
im probably gonna do exalted 3e since after GMing it for a little while its actually a system im familiar with and like for cinimatic combat. and makes level balancing a bit easier. (so no matter what you have somewhat of a winning chance) but incorporating attack types could work.
>>
File: 1253902848197.jpg (209 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1253902848197.jpg
209 KB, 512x512
>>43551787
It's the real world, so it's not like there's much to find out. Remember the timeline:

>Soul Edge (1584)
3 year skip
>SC1
4 year skip
>SC2
>SC3
>SC4 (yes, these are all in the same year)
17 year skip
>SC5 (1606)
>>
>>43551659
Other groups.
Soul edge/calibur are the big players, but surely there are other powers at work. Flesh them out a bit and show how to add new ones. It's not all malfested vs crystalized.
>>
>>43551905
I'd probably add in other groups but i feel that the conflict between the two swords is kinda central to the series in terms of the world. the entire plot does revolve around it.
>>
>>43551873
I want to know what OTHER Shit is going on, obvs. I mean there's all this magic and shit going on, gods giving out orders, fucking magical swords shooting goo all over the place. I wanna know more!
How would legit magic change the 1500!?!

>>43551905
amen bro
>>
File: SCII_Astaroth2.png (3 MB, 2000x2702) Image search: [Google]
SCII_Astaroth2.png
3 MB, 2000x2702
>>43551905
>>43551937
Apart from Edge vs. Calibur, there's the various cults that are about, most famously the Fygul Cestemus cult led by Kunpaetku, the cult behind Astaroth, the Lizardmen (and Aeon Calcos), and Ashlotte.

There's also the Fu-Ma ninja clan and the various demons they hunt. Hell, anything in the China-Japan-Korea region should provide a lot of material.
>>
>>43551937
It is central.
Put the other groups in the GM section if you must, however pretending they don't exist removes much depth from setting. How these groups deal with (or try to avoid) the conflict wpuld give more meat to plot. This is for an RPG and you know players and gms alike will use it.
>>
>>43552036
Yup i do have several groups i could use (this has been a game idea of mine for a bit). but what I'm saying is the main plot itself will center on the two swords in some way shape or form.
>>
>>43552051
Additionally, you're not going to have beginning of the game PCs be anything but a mook when it comes to trying to make sway in the eternal clash of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. So they'd need something to base themselves, some group to come from and some thing to fight leading up to becoming a Fighter level character, someone capable of going on, much less surviving, the search for Soul Edge/Calibur.
>>
>>43552178
Once again i agree. Its a matter of scale in a sense though. I do have groups and plot-lines i can use with said groups.

Either way other groups is established. now what else do the people cry out for?
>>
>>43551659
System for Alchemy would be cool.
>>
>>43552221
obvs, it'd make sense to try and think of what kind of a combat system is going in. No matter what, other skills are going to be in but come on, this is a game based on a fighting game, combat is going to be key and center in it.
>>
>>43552259
Working on it.

>>43552241
Easy enough to do.
>>
I want Solomon Kane in the Soul series.
>>
>>43551873
So when are we putting the setting of our game? Obviously with a bit of effort a DM can have it take place whenever, but there should be a "default" and when that is determines who the major NPCs are and which factions are active. Depending on the time, one of the swords may not even be active, drastically altering the power balance.
I'd personally suggest the year SC2-4 happen in as the default, as that is the setting as it is when most people think of the series.
>>
>>43552490
i already said that's prob when i'm gonna palce it, maybe a bit before so players can build up a bit before shit breaks loose.
>>
>>43552524
I missed that, sorry.
>>
>>43552575
it was in teh last thread so its fine dude.
>>
I wonder if it would make sense to take things from the Weapon Master and Chronicles Of The Sword modes. Extra characters, extra interesting weapons, extra places added to the lore, and political intrigue of some sort.

Also maybe other demigod-like entities like Algol and Olcadan?

Oh and like Chronicles Of The Sword, all the main SC characters should be like max level characters compared to others considering some of their crazy feats (demonslaying, downing gun users with a katana, etc.)

Also since we are thinking outside just the fighting game aspect, I would like to be a cultist/demonology guy of some sort. Summon Astaroth type creations or some kind of crystallized/malfested created through pieces of SE/SC.

Or I would RP Ivy and touch myself all day all night since this isn't the fighting games and I loved her there more for her moveset (seriously one of the best in fighting games particularly in SC1 and 2) than her...body of work.
>>
>>43552664
that brings up another good question. if you RPd a cannon character, who and how would you do it/what would you do?
>>
Any more ideas on what people want in an SC game?
>>
File: 1410166945235.jpg (385 KB, 2700x3400) Image search: [Google]
1410166945235.jpg
385 KB, 2700x3400
>>
>>43553069
Nice picture.
>>
Ok, just asking. how many people here, if they played. would go out of their way to sleep with the SC girls?
>>
>>43553190
Everyone.
>>
>>43553271
fair enough... which girls though in particular? as in would you personally go for.
>>
>>43553303
Ivy, maybe Talim if she grew up a little.
>>
>>43553190
Depending on the group I might do it as a joke.
>>
>>43553303

I entered this series with SCII. Cassandra. I never even stood a chance.

I like Talim and Pyrrha, too, but that's more "I want to adopt and take out for ice cream" than sex.
>>
File: kDDba.jpg (260 KB, 800x1274) Image search: [Google]
kDDba.jpg
260 KB, 800x1274
>>43553190
>Sophitia: Mother of two, already happily married
>Ivy: Sworn to celibacy, will still dominate you
>Taki: One of the most senior members of her clan, clearly dedicated to her work
>Seung Mina: Ran away from home no less than three different times, all because she didn't want to marry some bum
>Xianghua: In love with Kilik, already married to a Ming general and has a kid
>Cassandra: Devoted to her family, at the expense of herself
>Talim: 15 years old, tiny
>Tira: Malfested, crazy bitch
>Amy: Vampire
>Hilde: Dedicated to fighting for her country

Tough call.
>>
File: Sc3-lizardman-01.jpg (97 KB, 550x900) Image search: [Google]
Sc3-lizardman-01.jpg
97 KB, 550x900
>>43552036
Man Aeon always gets the shaft in his stories
>>
>>43553377

Don't forget Hilde apparently has two children. Project Soul has not had any comment on who the father is.
>>
I shipped Cassandra and Link back in the days of the gamecube...

sword n board buddies!
>>
>>43553377
keep in mind if the game is early enough cassandra and sophita are still on the table.
>>
>>43553303
Ivy, though I would be endlessly amused if the GM said, "and there was much kinky not quite sex to be had."
>>
>>43553613
>You were made into a footstool at one point while she had some tea.
>>
>>43553687
Perfect.
>>
>>43553303
Taki, just Taki. I want her in my bed!
>>
>>43553303
Seung Mina. OPs pic was a source of many young adolescent faps.
>>
>>43553377
As the guy who brought up the survival horror angle of the Evil Seed wiping out entire towns, I'd probably say Amy (maybe Tira) since I'd play what amounts to a Malfested street rat doing his best Peter Pan expy. Could make for a fun Wendy!
>>
>>43553872
And then Raphael beats the fuck out of you for touching his foster daughter.
>>
>>43554023
You make it sound like I wouldn't just run like a bitch! Ain't nobody got time for dealing with Raph's shit.
>>
>>43554023
>>43554061
Actually, on second thought, having Raph as a Destined Duel sounds awesome!

>"I WOULD LIKE TO DATE YOUR DAUGHTERU, SIR!!!"
>>
>>43553587

Cassandra and Sophitia would be more interested in an established NPC than an adventuring PC, anon.

Those two aren't really a fan of being a big-dick hero, they appreciate a stable, quiet home.
>>
>>43554109
>That one player who insists on making a non-combat focus, even in SC campaign
>Actually winds up being very useful mercantile type and reliably gets the group transportation and food
>Accidentally picks up all the prime cuts of Greek
>>
File: 1366241978733.jpg (202 KB, 900x1157) Image search: [Google]
1366241978733.jpg
202 KB, 900x1157
>>43554158
Never underestimate the party face, man.
>>
>>43554158

It would actually be a very interesting reversal of what most players would expect from heroines like Sophitia or Cassandra.

And hey, it gives people who aren't interested in playing a fighter-type some top shelf waifus, that don't come every day.
>>
>>43553303
Sophitia no question
>>
>>43553190
Well...either I play that cultist/demonologist I mentioned >>43552664, OR I would be a man of espionage. James Bond, Soul Calibur style!

Since deceit would be my specialty, I would trick Ivy into thinking I have some kind of info she needed, and she would be like "shit I might needa have some sex", but she doesn't know she's being baited. So the good sex happens, she gets trapped cuz I secretly put her to sleep while sexing, then I capture her for interrogation/information for my side of things. Figure out what kinda crazy experiments she's up to that my clients would be interested in.
>>
>>43551964
>I want to know what OTHER Shit is going on
All myths are true.

Their origins one of the many clashes between the brother and sister blades.
>>
>>43554263
>Sophitia or Cassandra.
>top shelf waifus
The first is used goods who popped out two nutjobs and then failed to mother them and the only thing of note the second has done is be the firsts little sis.
>>
>>43554623

A plan based on the woman who is virulently opposed to having sex because she knows the demonic sword that caused her birth wants her to sleeping with you on a maybe seems faulty, anon.
>>
>>43553190
Unf. "Used goods" or not, I just love me some good girls who also kick ass.
>>
File: 1373387690824.jpg (37 KB, 375x278) Image search: [Google]
1373387690824.jpg
37 KB, 375x278
>>43554623
>Since deceit would be my specialty, I would trick Ivy into thinking I have some kind of info she needed, and she would be like "shit I might needa have some sex", but she doesn't know she's being baited. So the good sex happens, she gets trapped cuz I secretly put her to sleep while sexing, then I capture her for interrogation/information for my side of things. Figure out what kinda crazy experiments she's up to that my clients would be interested in.
That's a very lopsided plan.
>>
>>43554700
Well, the plan would require a lot of work. Honestly the plan requires more work to get her to sex than it does to get the actual information out of her. But then, it is up to me to figure out a way to make it work, make what she thinks she wants out of me to be damn tempting. Who knows, maybe we can be together after it is figured out how to remove the swords influence from her completely. I am into punky girls who are into some back n forth domming and nerdy shit IRL. Ivy's an alchemy nerd, into domming, and from her outfits/past/attitude punk as fuck.
>>
>>43554804
should this game just be a dating Sim?
>>
>>43553190

Eh, most of 'em have got a good thing going somewhere already or are too young for me. Or are Ivy, but she's not interested and I can respect that. Wouldn't say no if Cassandra was up for it, though, man oh man.

Would absolutely engage in JOLLY COOPERATION with any of them, though.

What about the guys? Would anyone have a bromance while stomping around Eurasia fighting everyone?
>>
>>43554804
>>43554623
You do that. Meanwhile I'm the alchemist who combines my knowledge with hers to find a way to suppress the curse in her blood with regular treatment. Then I make a passing joke that she's free to seek out a man thus unintentionally unleashing her repressed sexual beast.
>>
>>43554671

I think we've been talking about pre-use versions of all the girls, but eh, this isn't a big enough issue to argue over.
>>
>>43554765

>those tits

more
>>
>>43554904
Hell no! I still wanna be a secret agent type person who works probably for some kinda inquisition type faction. That guy up there asked if we would go out of our way to sleep with one of the ladies in this game, and I created a plan that would require my character to go quite out of the way so yeah.

>>43554768
You go hard or go home, baby. I decided to create something so lopsided and out there that not even she would expect the deception!

>>43555009
>expecting something that basic to work
>>
>>43554623
You're really dumb.
>>
File: 1233936771203.jpg (286 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1233936771203.jpg
286 KB, 800x1200
>>43555009
A beast that was forced dormant for over twenty years in a body that hasn't aged in 17 years.

I'm not quite sure you're ready for this.
>>
>>43555035
Right? Rare is the artist that draws big naturals looking as such; affected by gravity yet still somehow attractively shaped. They look real. Real tempting.
>>
>>43555116

Not him, but I just got done watching a fake taxi porno with a saucy British chick that has the same proportions as her, I think I'm ready.
>>
>>43555097
That's what they all said to the idea that the Earth is round not flat, too. She wouldn't even realize how hard she's being deceived.
>>
>>43555061
>expecting something that basic to work
Video game logic says yes it would.

>>43555116
Probably not but I'm gosh darn willing to try.
>>
>>43555150
>a saucy British chick that has the same proportions as her
This is the part where you link, motherfucker.
>>
>>43555186
More like Bioware logic says it would
>>
>>43555150
I don't know why but I love those vids, or used to, before I got into a relationship. I still like the idea of them, and the thought of seeing Ivy get boned in the back of a cab in an alleyway is strangely inviting.

Still, to guide this thread back on track a little, I think a game where the players as a group somehow getting ahold of a shard and having to interact with the MCs would be fun. Put the PCs on a power level where if they fight any of the MCs as a group, they would win, but alone they could not hope to 1v1. It'd make for some fun interactions methinks, and would allow for a more interesting plot, and let the players interact with the MCs without having to be sues themselves or just seeing them from afar. Cause let's face it: it always sucks being in a game with an IP like this where you can't interact somehow with the main cast. It's like playing in a Rebellion-era Star Wars game and never at least tripping over Han Solo or something. Maybe helping him and Chewie out of a jam.
>>
File: 2010_noveau_ivy_by_vandrell.jpg (226 KB, 779x1240) Image search: [Google]
2010_noveau_ivy_by_vandrell.jpg
226 KB, 779x1240
>>43555035
>>
>>
>>43555267
When it comes to something like this I like the idea of canon characters frequently popping in and out of the players story that way they get to meet up with the whole cast.
>>
File: 1308124193223.jpg (231 KB, 655x900) Image search: [Google]
1308124193223.jpg
231 KB, 655x900
>>
File: 1329845398509.jpg (463 KB, 1799x2400) Image search: [Google]
1329845398509.jpg
463 KB, 1799x2400
>>43555414
Agreed.
>>
>You have a stopover in a coastal town in India when one of these motherfuckers challenge you to a contest. What do you do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAsCuDFSUI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ2vUpp4ADU
>>
How many here have accepted the superiority and benevolence that is Soul Edge, and welcomed it into their life?
>>
>>43555632
Calibur is better. Both are retarded looking weapons though.
>>
>>43555632
>benevolence
My neighbors have been doing crazy shit since they saw that sword. I'm talking high-on-bath-salts-eating-some-guy's-face shit. Don't tell me a sword like that is "benevolent."
>>
File: TouchdownLiuBei.gif (994 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
TouchdownLiuBei.gif
994 KB, 400x286
>>43555689

You just don't understand true benevolence.
>>
File: 1253900090016.jpg (249 KB, 714x941) Image search: [Google]
1253900090016.jpg
249 KB, 714x941
>>
>>43555441
Man, I miss Tira's SC3 costume.
>>
File: 1425496356725.jpg (510 KB, 1400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1425496356725.jpg
510 KB, 1400x1600
>>43553802
>>
>>43553420
Aeon did nothing wrong.

Fucking asshole gods, man.
>>
>>43553319
Urgh, I was madder than a cut snake that we didn't get to see a milf Talim in Soul Cal V.

The fact that she was one of my mains (along with Zasalamel and Astaroth) was just yet another reason for me to absolutely hate SCV
>>
>>43557606
>Mained Talim and Zasamel
My gentleman of african descent
I'm still pissed at V for removing my favorites
>>
Still no-one has the New Legends of Project Soul artbook pdf?
>>
>>43553303
Hilde, hands down.
>>
File: 1376603620115.jpg (199 KB, 730x1056) Image search: [Google]
1376603620115.jpg
199 KB, 730x1056
What sort of character would this be?
>>
>>43557694
Gypsy adventuress/bandit.
>>
>>43553190

Naw, man-

BUT YES
>>
>>43557699

Don't you know all gypsies have super powers? It's true, World of Darkness: Gypsies would never lie to me.

On a related note, the Jewish leader of the Warsaw Ghetto (who fought against the Nazis) is in Wraith: The Oblivion, and he has the stats of a superhero.
>>
Can the powers of Soul Edge or Soul Calibur turn a bear-like man into a pretty lady?

Or is that kind of stuff limited to the divinity in the setting?
>>
>>43557694
Raphael clone
>>
>>43553377
>>43553433

You know, I'd personally prefer to start from the beginning of the timeline and see how things go from there. Sophitia was hottest in the early games anyway. I really liked that blue tunic of hers.
>>
>>43557751
I think Soul Edge could, but it would depend on the soul of the bear-like man. I would expect shapeshifting powers before a direct transformation like that.
>>
>>43554101
You know one of Raph's quotes amounts to something like "I'll make you Amy's plaything!" and I think he also has one that's like "whoops, broke it, Amy will be sad".
>>
>>43557629
And fucking eviscerating the gameplay. Removing GIs took out almost everything that made Soul Cal what it was
>>
>>43557889
Also, less obvious, but soul charge just phased out of the series.
>>
>>43557699
So bandit/bandit?
>>
>>43551855
i so want into this game. for two reasons. one cause is SC and two cause i really want to learn to play exalted.
>>
>>43557865

Man, sex with Amy would be amazing. Seriously, just look at her!
>>
>>43553303
Hilde
>>43557944
She looks 15
Unless that's your point
>>
>>43557865
Well, I guess those poor shmucks just weren't worthy then!
>>
>>43558058

You're going to need a high Constitution and Death Ward. Or several castings of Lesser Restoration, stat.
>>
>>43555116

I can't be the only one who thinks that Ivy's SC2 outfit is the sexiest, followed by her SC5 outfit.
>>
>>43558158
SC2 everything is the best.

Best Raph, best Nightmare, best Ivy, best Soph, best Astaroth, best Kilik, X, Maxi, Voldo... seriously, everything was best in SC2.

The designs were fantastic, but also somewhat grounded, which reeled in the sillyness a bit.
>>
>>43558191
I like Mitsurugi's moveset in 3 n 4 honestly. 5 robbed him so hard.
>>
>>43557821
So, souledge wouldn't just grant it's wish, it would empower them to gather shards instead?

Maybe some analogy to a succubus for souledge? Not actually laying with people for their souls, but using such power to obtain shards or bring people to souledge for reaping instead.
>>
>>43558302
Mitsu in 3 was broken good. Especially if you abused g22.
>>
>>43558347
I just loved all of his unblockables and all the unsheathing moves. shit made me so happy.
>>
So, could someone fill me in on the basic plots of the games? I haven't played since 2, and back then I didn't pay attention to the story at all.
>>
>>43557751
Why would you want to do that anon?
>>
>>43558645
Escapism, that is why.
>>
>>43558597
IIRC:

SC2 ends with Raph defeating Nightmare, but getting wounded. The sword is weak enough that Siegfried surfaces, pulls SC out of his ass and shatters SE.
3: Zasalamel is an immortal, wants to use both swords to end his own life. Shenanigans result in Nightmare getting his own body, separate from Siegfried. Raphael is now a vampire along with Amy, because SE. Everyone doing their own stuff.
SC4: Basically nothing came out of the shit in SC3. Siegfried is preparing a final confrontation with Nightmare, willing to sacrifice his life to stop the menace. Unbeknownst to him, Soul Calibur plans to turn everything to crystals to stop SE. The original wielder of both swords appears to join in on the fun. Also Starkiller, Yoda and Vader.

SC5: 14 years later, SE's power is now an epidemic, infesting and transforming people. Most of them are okay despite this, but there's a witch hunt going anyway.
>>
File: 1253901888045.jpg (78 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
1253901888045.jpg
78 KB, 419x600
>>43558597
>Soul Edge
Cervantes owns Soul Edge. Taki and Sophitia fuck him up, destroying one of the swords. Siegfried claims Soul Edge, releasing the Evil Seed in the process.
>Soul Calibur
Siegfried - now Nightmare - cuts a bloody swath across Europe and leads a reign of terror in an attempt to feed Soul Edge. Kilik, Xianghua and Maxi hunt down Nightmare. Xianghua's sword is revealed to be the real Soul Calibur (and she didn't even know it), and Nightmare is cut down.
>Soul Calibur 2
After losing to Kilik/Xianghua/Maxi and the destruction of Soul Edge, Siegfried regains his sanity and attempts to atone, but Soul Edge is too strong for him, and he becomes Nightmare again. The shards of Soul Edge scatter across the world, creating havoc in their wake. While Nightmare rampages, the shards seek to come together and rebuild Soul Edge. Nightmare is about to restore the sword, but Raphael stops him, critically wounding Soul Edge and restoring Siegfried's sanity.
>Soul Calibur 3
Siegfried, in his moment of lucidity, claims Soul Calibur and stabs Soul Edge, creating the Embrace of Souls. Siegfried seeks a way to seal Soul Edge once and for all. The spirit of Soul Edge escapes and inhabits a suit of armor. Meanwhile, Zasalamel wants to claim the power of both sowrds to end his immortality. That plan falls through.
>Soul Calibur 4
A hot mess. Algol appears and does stuff. Main points: Siegfried's death and resurrection via Soul Calibur, Tira kidnapping Pyrrha and blackmailing Sophitia into protecting Soul Edge.
>Soul Calibur 5
17 year time skip. Ultimate result: Pyrrha and Patroklos - daughter and son of Sophitia - are the new wielders of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, respectively.
>>
>>43558774
>>43558847
Combine these two, and ignore Star Wars.
>>
>>43558864
I like Vader's moveset though. It looks like he knows how to handle a real world sword better than some of the sword wielders.
>>
>>43558881
His design document says he's supposed to be an "old swordmaster".

He's kinda wooden, but yeah, his moves are solid. Wish we got his moveset on a bonus character in 5 (maybe some kind of arabian wizard dude with a scimitar to offset Zasalamaels magic negro).
>>
File: sophie.png (539 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
sophie.png
539 KB, 800x1600
>>43557768
>no image
shame on you
>>
>>43550386
So...mechanics? I know the women of SC make it difficult to concentrate, but I think this would have potential to be a fun setting
>>
>>43559004
Wooden makes sense for Vader since it's harder for him to move in the suit than before when he didn't need it.
>>
>>43559178
Yeah, it totally fits, no objections there.
>>
>>43559126
Whatever mechanics or rules people go with, I think weapons and fighting styles need to have a bit more prominence and importance mechanically than characters.
>>
File: sophitiacg.jpg (79 KB, 580x938) Image search: [Google]
sophitiacg.jpg
79 KB, 580x938
>>43559047

All rightie, here we go.

I've done the same thing in Pendragon, for instance. Like, the players can sub in for the famous knights, who've done an incredible amount of adventures. Who cares if it's Lancelot who liberates the Joyous Garde? He's liberated a shitload of castles anyway, he can get his own.

It's the same way that I'll be fine with it if one of the PCs end up fathering Sophitia's children. Continuity is preserved.
>>
>>43559301
We've been over this, though. Sophie wants a down-to-earth family man.
>>
File: sophitia.jpg (74 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
sophitia.jpg
74 KB, 700x800
>>43559301

Here's a more modern version.
>>
>>43553377
>Cassandra: Devoted to her family, at the expense of herself
The obvious solution here is to join her family by marrying the one unmarried woman left.

Sophie already has a husband, but Cass doesn't.
>>
>>43554023
>implying Amy doesn't want to fuck him
>implying he doesn't want to fuck Amy
>>
>>43559301
Doesn't she wear that same outfit in SC2?

I think she traded in the boots for those fancy Greek sandals (which is a downgrade), but aside from that...
>>
>>43559289
It would be interesting as to how to run combat: I'm thinking you could go "simulationist" and have players describe fighting move-by-move or do a more macro style where one roll equals several moves at once...Would be cool to have a setting where random artifacts can give otherwise normal people wuxia-style fighting powers.

>>43559301
Muh dik
>>
>>43559126
Is there any system that does 1-1 combat well, or 1 v very small number? Particularly with weapons and fighting style? I think the old system for Conan did but barely remember.
>>
>>43559383

I can't help but think that a generational game might be fun for this. I mean, the players are going to try to fuck the women anyway, might as well put an in-game rationale for it.
>>
>>43559368
That's correct. It's the same outfit but with sandals instead of boots.
>>
>>43559126
It'd be mostly one-on-one fights, with fighting styles playing a huge role. Something like Exalted, maybe.
>>
>>43559395
Isn't this the part where someone chimes in and says "Riddle of Steel?"

>>43559398
Save the world, get the girl.
>>
>>43559383
Guy from the Nightmare stat me thread here.

Still working on that PDF for a draft.
>>
>>
>>43559462

Wow, that face is not good.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 300x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 300x534
>you will never play as Dampierre
>>
>>43559398

How would that even work?
>>
>>43553303
Taki a best.
>>
>>43559590

Well, Pendragon has rules for inheritance. Besides, have you read the legendary Blood & Lust adventure? The best ending gave you the PC's son as a playable character, and he was at the optimum age to start adventuring...Complete with maximum stats and a potent magical weapon inherited from his dad. I personally think it's one of the most satisfying payoffs for a module possible.
>>
>>43559554
But you could be a competent enough minion to get him to WITNESS or you could be so competent that you gip him and run off with riches that turn out to be an angry sack of Lizardmen armed with bones and pans.

And a reminder that Aeon totally ate Kratos and thus doesn't deserve this shit.
>>
File: Russia's Greatest Love Machine.gif (1 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
Russia's Greatest Love Machine.gif
1 MB, 160x120
>>43551555
They do both involve demon-summoning Rasputin, correct?
>>
>>43559395
The Riddle of Steel?
>>
>>43559623

Not enough tabletop systems do that, which is a damn shame.

It's almost like other systems are made by people who are opposed to having children, or at the very least can't see how it can be an interesting mechanic.
>>
>>43559395
Riddle of Steel and/or Song of Swords.
>>
>>43560141
I remember seeing an indie RPG that was published recently where you played multiple generations of the same family, but have no idea what it's called.
>>
Anyone else hoping we get a story driven Chronicle of the Sword mode in Soul Calibur 6
>>
>>43561289
>Soul Calibur 6
>ever happening
>being good
>>
>>43559301
In the thumbnail, it looked kind of like the Soul Calibur title was Sophitia dropping her panties. I was thinking "Jeez, this game is starting to get out of hand."
>>
>>43561289
If Soul Calibur 6 ever happens, I really hope they'll at least put some effort into it, but if they keep the series going in the way it's been going, it'll probably be even worse than five. Hopefully they have more story driven stuff, I've always found the story bits in Soul Calibur to be some of the best parts.
>>
Anyone know any good Soul Calibur fapfics, the game has all the things I like
>>
>>43558191

Eh, personally rock-monster Astaroth in IV was my favorite version of him.

>>43561410

In V's defense, this was what Project Soul managed while Namco was actively sabotaging them. One year development time and budget cuts are a BITCH to make anything on.

SCVI could be way better if it's made, and all it takes is Namco NOT TRYING TO KILL PROJECT SOUL while it's being made.

>>43559756

Aeon would make for a pretty interesting TTRPG antagonist. You're sent after a monster by one of the gods, like you do. It's been killing and eating people, yadda yadda...

Then it turns out the monster's intelligent.
It used to be human.
It used to have your job, in fact.
Before the god that sent you to kill it left it to a fate worse than death and then called you in to clean up his mess.
The monster's understandably rather pissed about this.
>>
>>43561410
The story bits were good in Soul Calibur along with the girls.
>>
>>43557934

Like i said, gonna be a few weeks before i run

>>43559430
>>43559126

I'm Pretty much settled on exalted at this point honestly. Though i will homebrew some stuff.
>>
>>43550386
Why is it that those two characters are the ones who have the most will-break porn?
>>
>>43563357
because those are the best ones to have em
link?
>>
I think this was being talked about in the last thread, but what sort of characters would everyone play in a Soul Calibur game?
>>
File: 1404546636491.png (634 KB, 750x1260) Image search: [Google]
1404546636491.png
634 KB, 750x1260
>>
>>43563541
yeah, i was the one who asked it first, and i'm still curious.
>>
File: Killer-Instinct-Chief-Thunder.jpg (162 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
Killer-Instinct-Chief-Thunder.jpg
162 KB, 940x529
>>43563541
>Warrior-shaman from the New World
>Can call the lightning and the thunder, as well as speak to the spirits
>Hears the legends of great evil spreading across the land and a demonic weapon that would see to the destruction of the world
>Personally travels to Eurasia and slowly wanders the land to stamp out the corruption and call on the spirits to help him destroy Soul Edge
I would play Chief Thunder and be absolutely shameless about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ckR822Wu4k
>>
>>43563836
Yeah, Thunder's themesong is literally the greatest themesong in a fighting game since Guile's theme.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>43563941
>Big-dick Native American, tends to tower over most people
>Not much of a talker, but when he does speak, it's always profound
>Always looks out of place
>When he gets serious in a fight, it starts storming in the local area
>Always walks with a purpose
>Really nice and gentle guy when you get to know him
Thunder is the best kind of badass: he's the badass that cares.
>>
>>43564054
His canon buddy is fucking AGANOS.

He literally soulblasted a Fulgore control unit being used to puppet Aganos out of him and more or less gave Aganos true free will.

This is a canon thing that happened.
>>
File: Aganos-Golem-Killer-Instinct-.jpg (160 KB, 1007x903) Image search: [Google]
Aganos-Golem-Killer-Instinct-.jpg
160 KB, 1007x903
>>43564649
Yeah, Thunder and Aganos are buddy cops now. Imagine a good guy Astaroth, and you've got the idea.
>>
>>43563541
Alien space robot knight that's seeking power to overthrow the corrupt space government. Earth currently has a lot of people, monsters and artifacts that give off a lot of power so the robot knight decided to investigate and see if it could make use of some of that power.
>>
>>43563836
This is how I kinda imagine Rock's adopted kid growing up.
>>
>>43563541
Some sort of reluctant hero, who'd rather not get involved with evil swords. A scoundrel type, that uses small knives and speaks with a cockney accent
>>
>>43565017
>u wann fackin go m8
>don make this harder den it needs ta be m8
>>
File: 34848248298243.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3784) Image search: [Google]
34848248298243.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3784
>>43555035
>>
>>43563541
Either an African witch doctor out do destroy evil now that the effects of Soul edge are springing forth misshapen beasts.
Alternatively a servant of the Loa told by a mamiwata a tale of souls and swords.
>>
File: 1445573793595.jpg (270 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1445573793595.jpg
270 KB, 800x1132
>>43565553
>>
>>43566188

I may have a thing for white blonde warrior women
>>
>>43566384
>>
File: Landsknecht.jpg (93 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
Landsknecht.jpg
93 KB, 380x500
>>43563541
An old gruff soldier just trying to go by in this crazy world full of magical swords and zombie pirates. With a huge sword.
>>
File: 1447110651159.jpg (329 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
1447110651159.jpg
329 KB, 700x512
>>43563541
Wizened master smith types that wants to study the evil swords because it's the only way to further his craft. Ultimately, he hopes to create more swords of their magnitude.

Except maybe, you know, less evil.
>>
File: 1353623931719.jpg (87 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
1353623931719.jpg
87 KB, 576x768
>>43551659
Personally for me it would be all about the combat mechanics, somehow being able to favor player skill over stats.
>>
It's been ages since I played SC

I forget, how old are Soul Calibur/Soul Edge?
Are they relatively young, as far as legendary weapons go, or are they old enough that there'd be the bullshit possibility of saying that other ancient weapons were just the two in different guises?

Mostly asking because if the former, how would other legendary weapons fare against the Soul blades?
>>
>>43565553
>>43566188
>>43566384
>>43566403
Wasn't there some sort of chart how Sophitia's canon bust size has kept increasing in the game series?
>>
>>43567121
The origins of soul weapons are beyond recorded history.
>>
>>43567210
Aight, but do other legendary weapons exist in that universe?
Also, is Christianity a thing in the SC world?
>>
File: 5309a.jpg (91 KB, 425x989) Image search: [Google]
5309a.jpg
91 KB, 425x989
>>43567121
Soul Edge and Soul Calibur are not the only legendary weapons in the world, even if they're the most famous. The biggest example of this is Kilik's Kali Yuga. There's also Rekki-Maru and Mekki-Maru, Taki's dual kodachi, the latter of which she forged with a shard of Soul Edge.
>>
File: 1914563-nightmare_sc2fix3.jpg (123 KB, 553x601) Image search: [Google]
1914563-nightmare_sc2fix3.jpg
123 KB, 553x601
>>43567121
Soul Edge is probably no more powerful than a unique Daemon Weapon with a Bloodthirster soul inside. It just happens to be the second most-powerful artifact in the SE/SC universe, after Soul Calibur itself.
>>
>>43567239
AFAIK all religions exist as usual in the SC settings. The soul weapons battle just has a jianghu vibe to it, that it is largely fought by initiated persons only, out of sight of the normal world.
>>
>>43567395
>out of sight of the normal world
The fallout is hard to ignore, though.
>>
>>43567395
>AFAIK all religions exist as usual in the SC settings.
Not "as usual", or the Alexandra family wouldn't exist as it does in that time period.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>43567131

>Early 16th century
>Epaulettes
>Tight body-suits
>Fit chicks with firm D-cup (usually larger) tits

I think Sophitia's ballooning bust isn't the only thing out of place in the series.
>>
File: boob-evolution.jpg (201 KB, 1700x600) Image search: [Google]
boob-evolution.jpg
201 KB, 1700x600
>>43567131

Call the police though I don't give a fuck, I'd still love to BLACKED[/SPOILER] her.

And like >>43567452 said she's a Greek living in Venetian or Ottoman dominated Greece era, dressing like an ancient greek but in a fetishist wort of way and I think even on behalf of/worshipping the ancient Greek Gods.

The boat long left on oddity.
>>
>>43567488

Piece of shit spoilers.
>>
File: FUKE_Ryou_Ki_no_Hora_01.jpg (2 MB, 1062x1600) Image search: [Google]
FUKE_Ryou_Ki_no_Hora_01.jpg
2 MB, 1062x1600
>>43567525

Not Sophitia in this case
>>
File: 79017f371a72f542a5b2e7e1a954bbcb.jpg (846 KB, 1772x1252) Image search: [Google]
79017f371a72f542a5b2e7e1a954bbcb.jpg
846 KB, 1772x1252
>>43567452
Official breast size chart, circa Soul Calibur 4.
>Ivy
>Setsuka
>Sophitia
>Taki
>Cassandra
>Hilde
>Tira
>Seung Mina
>Xianghua
>Talim
>Amy
>>
>>43567452
> Dissing on Taki's spandex
fite me bro, I'm mad
>>
File: 1208758622222.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2017) Image search: [Google]
1208758622222.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2017
>>43567452
From the wiki:
>What Taki wears includes a devil mask that makes it possible to breath among poisonous fumes, and a red ninja costume for warding off demons. It’s a very combat-oriented equipment, albeit her disciple Natsu doesn’t like it. Despite Taki having explained its utility several times, Natsu doesn’t appear to understand it.
tl;dr - Taki's bodysuit is actually very important and strong protection against demons.
>>
>>43567641
But she's wearing blue in 3
>>
>>43567569

Whoa, hold up a tick.....Sophitia's ta tas now outrank TAKI'S?

Taki is like 90% of the reason L1 and R1 broke on my original ps2 controller.
>>
>>43568046
2 kids senpai
>>
>>43568046
How did you broke your controller?
>>
>>43564675
>>43564675
One is an ancient Babylonian weapon recently freed from his ancient programming.

The other is the biggest dick Native chief with ill described powers.

Together they fight MUM-RA (and friends)!
>>
>>43557889
>eviscerating the gameplay
It's straight up better as a competitive game.

It just happens the series was not popular due to gameplay, but intricate story, to begin with.
>>
>>43567488

I'm more surprised Sophitia went so long as the baker's daughter looking that beautiful without getting enslaved by the local Ottoman governor for his harem.
>>
>>43570640

Pretty sure you didn't stay governor long if you just went around enslaving random people's daughters for being pretty, even in that time period.
>>
>>43570792

Perfect blondes with firm D-cups in 16th century Greece aren't exactly common, anon.
>>
>>43570835

Have you walked around in the SC universe? It's a much prettier 16th century than ours.

Presumably girls get prettier and bustier every time the swords clash, on top of the world becoming more magical. Bam, Sophitia's progression EXPLAINED.
>>
File: Eurydice_Shrine.jpg (905 KB, 1338x1024) Image search: [Google]
Eurydice_Shrine.jpg
905 KB, 1338x1024
>>43570888
Seriously, have you seen this shit?
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17 KB, 183x226) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17 KB, 183x226
>>43570888
>on top of the world becoming more magical

>Game takes place in 16th century
>Magic and shit becomes real
>Legends come to life

Holy shit imagine if the Marble Emperor myth was real and the game let you play as a stone Constantine XI, who seeks the Soul Edge to restore the Byzantine Empire and remove kebab.
>>
>>43567210
The soul weapons were still young when that owl guy was kicking around as a human
>>
File: Watch the teeth.jpg (114 KB, 1224x653) Image search: [Google]
Watch the teeth.jpg
114 KB, 1224x653
A malfested ninja assassin from Japan, famed for her ferocious attacks with her sai and the evil seed's corruption of her body. She hides her identity and skulks silently before striking without mercy.
>>
>>43572165
Oh god her and Tira would obsess over each other. All dat lesbian sexual tension.
>>
File: 1320441.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1320441.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
>>43572188
We now have a setting where Thunder vs. Nightmare and Mileena vs. Taki are very reasonable fights to have.

Life is good.
>>
>>43570980
Send help, I can't stop orgasming and it hurts
>>
>>43570980
>Stone Constantine teams up with Dracula to attain soul edge and remove kebab worldwide.
>>
>>43572557
Not if I claim Soul Calibur first, you fuck.
>>
>>43551659
Boobs
>>
>>43557694
Some sort of gypsy mercenary. Uses the flamberge for heavy attacks.
>>
>>43570640

She's a favorite of the Greek gods. Zeus ain't got time for people hittin' on his hos.
>>
>>43572575
Is Vlad gonna have to make a Kebab Kebab?
>>
>>43563541
I want a fucking Rajput with all the whacky Rajput weapons damnit.
>>
File: 1370728933925.jpg (42 KB, 350x650) Image search: [Google]
1370728933925.jpg
42 KB, 350x650
>>
>>43567296
Probably stronger honestly. The things that sword does are fucking crazy.

Also, SC and SE are equal. Neither's stronger than the other, it's always the person using one blade or the other who makes the difference.
>>
File: 1438808196990.jpg (201 KB, 1280x1620) Image search: [Google]
1438808196990.jpg
201 KB, 1280x1620
>>
File: juri_han_by_soranamae-d69pp76.jpg (69 KB, 761x1050) Image search: [Google]
juri_han_by_soranamae-d69pp76.jpg
69 KB, 761x1050
>>43572188
Might as well make it a trio.
>>
>>43570640
[pol] hands off my waifu, kebabs [/pol]
>>
>>43555150
Jasmine James?
>>
File: 1406329118559.jpg (351 KB, 643x950) Image search: [Google]
1406329118559.jpg
351 KB, 643x950
>>
>>43573815
That looks a lot like the artist used some of the cheapest, shittiest marker-en fake damascus as reference.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.