[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help on making a 5e item
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1216647-800px_kary__no_h_k_.jpg (391 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
1216647-800px_kary__no_h_k_.jpg
391 KB, 800x440
so I'm making an item that basically allows you to cast fireball centered on yourself. My Barbarian player is receiving it and I've already told him that since it's centered on himself there's no way to make a dex save on such an attack. My question is should he still get his half damage bonus from being in rage?
>>
any help would be welcome
>>
it recharges at dawn as well. Once per day
>>
What's the idea of this item? Why centre fireball on oneself?
>>
So it kills you if you use it? What a shitty item.
>>
Doesn't kill, just hits you hard. The idea is it's a goblin magical device that didn't work out so well, but the Half-orc Barbarian doesn't quite understand that.
>>
>should he still get his half damage bonus from being in rage?
Assuming he's got the bear totem totem spirit feature, yes. The only reason it should be ignoring his resistance is if it's a fireball that does psychic damage, the fireball ignores the resistance of all targets it hits and not just the user, or it requires a payment of HP in order to activate (and if it does this the user should probably not be affected by the actual spell)
>>
>>43547905
That's still super shitty, mainly because the first thing the barbarian's gonna do is throw it away once he figures out that it lights him on fucking fire.
>>
>>43547253
> My question is should he still get his half damage bonus from being in rage?
Why wouldn't he? he has damage resistance when he's raging, for fire bear totem, this has nothing to do with dodging it, is just that his skin is fucking thick.

Also, unless he's restrained or someshit, PCs always have save throws even when they cast AoE spells on themselves.
>>
This sounds like the Flame of the Firehawk.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Flame_of_the_Firehawk
>>
>>43548075
>Always have saves
It's a custom magic item, anon. If the stat block says user doesn't get a save, they don't get a save.

But yeah if barb has fire resistance there's no reason he shouldn't get to use it here. (Unless there's something you're not telling us, like that this ignores all fire resistance)
>>
File: 3290.jpg (18 KB, 277x380) Image search: [Google]
3290.jpg
18 KB, 277x380
>>43547905
You need our help to convert a 1 mana red card?
Mediocre!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.