[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The last setting you played now gets heartless. What happens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: kh2-assault-rider.jpg (45 KB, 516x656) Image search: [Google]
kh2-assault-rider.jpg
45 KB, 516x656
The last setting you played now gets heartless.
What happens?
>>
>>43528048
What are Heartless?
>>
>>43528091
http://www.khwiki.com/Heartless
>>
Now that I think about it, heartless are fairly interesting monsters since they adapt their form to their surroundings culture.
Like goblins wearing top hats in Victorian england town, or orcs wearing burkas in Arabian nights land.
>>
>>43528048
Overwhelmed by shadows within a month.
>>
>>43528048
>>Star Wars FFG
PCs scam the hell out of the heartless some way or the force sensitive and the tech junkie desing a way to get a Keylightsaber.
>>
>>43528239
Heartless are practically the same as Shadows at least from my understanding.
>>
>>43528506
>Scamming heartless.
That's like a human trying to scam a Ork out of his teef. It just doesn't work, because heartless don't give a shit about money.
>>
>>43528048
I wonder if an Exalted's heart is super fucking powerful.

If not, then there's a THIRD tide of darkness and evil in Exalted which does basically nothing
>>
>>43528523
Shadows as in the most common variety of pureblood heartless. Which yes, I would stat exactly the same as the variety of undead.
>>
>>43528567
Dragonblood may actually yield better results than the others in that situation, depending on if the Heartless can absorb exaltations otherwise, possibly permanently removing it from the cycle if it could work on other forms (might be a catalyst for changing a Solar Exaltation to an Abyssal or Infernal if that is the case). Would there also be Nobodies born from it?
>>
>>43529223
Personally I'd say that the exaltations would be passed on, but the heart (Heartless) and the body (Nobdy) would both retain the power of the Exalt.
>>
>>43529258
And this is why nobody actually plays Dungeons: The Dragoning.
>>
>playing pokemon united

wait fuck..um can we catch heartless? Can pokemon become heartless? This matters a lot. Almost as much as why my character was used as trial teleporter experiment.
>>
>>43528048
Most settings would probably get fucked.
>>
>15th century Earth
The Ottomans will destroy them
>>
>>43528048
Any setting without keyblades is ultimately fucked. Kill them with anything else and they'll just reform after a while.
>>
Last played in the 40k universe. So, Heartless in the Grimdark? Sounds like a normal Tuesday night for the Imperium.
>>
My players, whether they know it or not, are on a long winded quest to make friends and stand against an ancient evil.

I think they would handle the heartless with gusto and never know why it was so easy.
>>
File: bearcake.jpg (139 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
bearcake.jpg
139 KB, 750x725
>>43528048
We stop playing it, because KH is for insufferable weeaboos.
>>
>>43529539
K. Cool story bro. Enjoy your games.
>>
>>43528535
That's why i'm sure they'll make it.
>>
Everything that is western-based gets tainted by lousy JRPG storytelling and the PCs gradually cover themselves in unnecessary belts.
>>
>>43529485
Pretty much. But now the grimdarkness is literally attacking everyone, thus making more grimdark and more heartless.
>>
>>43529539
Thank you for the bump, remember to hide the threads you don't like newfag.
>>
File: 1376945145970.jpg (36 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1376945145970.jpg
36 KB, 524x468
>>43529788
>tfw Ork Heartless
>>
>>43528048
40k just got a lot gayer..
Thanks, OP!
>>
>>43528048
Just played deathwatch.
>Another fucking cosmic horror xeno.
>I really wish it was just orks and heretics
> The emperor built us to fight the orks and heretics would just be stupid humans if that traitorous dick didn't rebel
> but no! we have these emotional parasites, gypsies elves, forest world elves, S&M elves, blue things, galaxy eating bugs, metal skeletons, and now these shadow creatures!
> servant, tell the astropaths to send a message to the rock, I'm going to be here for a while more until the inquisitors find a better way to kill these things.
>>
File: kid-on-computer-2.jpg (36 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
kid-on-computer-2.jpg
36 KB, 500x362
>>43529859
>Using gay as a insult.
>Not fag.
You sure got him.
>>
>>43528048
The setting is already getting routinely fucked on a weekly basis, but oddly the best hope would be for the fantasy nazis
>>
>>43528091
The physical representation of the darkness in someone's heart.
>>
>>43529331

In order:

Yes, sort of. I don't know if you can put them in balls, but if you have enough darkness in your heart and a mind strong enough to control it, then they'll take orders from you. I guess you could consider darkness like a badge requirement. Except instead of taking a nap at too high a level, they eat you and turn you into one of them at the first sign of weakness/loss of control.

2. Most likely. Especially if you want to add Shadow Pokemon into the mix.
>>
>>43530664
So you pretty much need to be a bit of a dick but intelligent?
>>
File: jeffshrugs.gif (375 KB, 500x218) Image search: [Google]
jeffshrugs.gif
375 KB, 500x218
>>43528048
You get Exalted 3
>>
>Shadowrun.
They all get their bank accounts closed and houses vacated.
>>
>>43531049
Not really. Being just a bit of a dick will only attract them, as you seem like an easy candidate for corruption. You won't be evil or cruel enough to get them in line with just being a bit of a dick, because the moment you stock being a dick they will gang up on you.

No, you need to go full evil warlord to keep those psychotic animal in line. You need to be fucked up enough that they just sort of register you as the same spiritual pool of inky blackness that they are.
>>
>>43532109
>You need to be fucked up enough that they just sort of register you as the same spiritual pool of inky blackness that they are

Even with this approach, mind you, you should be careful. They can and will Heartless-ize you if you give them any kind of opening to or if you let yourself slip too far into darkness(see: Jafar being corrupted from the first game)
>>
>>43532339
Jafar never turned into a Heartless, did he? He turned into a genie, then got stuck in a lamp, then Sora killed him.

It was implied that Clayton sort of turned into a Heartless, which is why he didn't talk during his boss battle even though he still looked like himself. And Scar did too, but only after he died. I think it's just them and Dragon Maleficent, but that's kind of a special case.
>>
>>43532483
>Jafar never turned into a Heartless, did he?

I always assumed he got corrupted by them though, since right before he suddenly makes the genie wish, he's clutching his head and gets covered in darkness.
>>
>>43532483
So heartless are like deamons, but people trying to use them want to avoid becoming one. Mainly because heartless are laughably retarded sometimes, seriously why aren't they just forming large group, and drop themselves on Sora's head? If the darkness doesn't kill him, the weight would.
>>
>>43532542
The kid is capable of fighting off thousands of the damn things, by himself, in mere minutes.
>>
What/where would the keyhole for the 40k world even be? Wherever it is, it would be the Heartless' primary target.
>>
>>43529352
This. In the actual game Heartless were not a global threat, but a galactic inter dimensional threat on the same level as stuff like Tyranids. They fucked up whole worlds and would have fucked up even more if not specifically because of Sora.

I suppose it would depend on if there was a power that was similar to the keyblades in the setting, not in power level but in it's ability to safe guard a world's heart.
>>
>>43532794
>In the actual game Heartless were not a global threat, but a galactic inter dimensional threat on the same level as stuff like Tyranids.

Even worse than the Tyranids arguably, since even the weakest Heartless is virtually immune to non-Keyblade weaponry.

Drop a bunch of Shadows on a hive world and the place will be flooded with newly spawned Heartless within days.
>>
>>43529297
>And this is why nobody actually plays Dungeons: The Dragoning.
You lost me.
>>
>>43533031
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition
>>
>>43532867
It's not that they're immune. They can be killed by conventional weapons, but only a Keyblade can send the lost hearts back to Kingdom Hearts to be reborn. Otherwise they just sink back into darkness.
>>
>>43533091
I know the game. I was asking why he said nobody played it.
>>
>>43533138
>Otherwise they just sink back into darkness.
And then reform as more heartless. Honestly, the only way a planet is better off with a Heartless infestation than a Tyranid one is that IF they are lucky enough to have a keyblade weirder close by, a single one is enough to save the planet if they know about the keyhole.
>>
Do we know how keyblades are made? Like could the local deities of Light be able to make one as a miracle?
>>
It now occurs to me that my setting already has Heartless and that I'd just forgotten that I stole the idea from a PS2 I played as a child and forgot.
>>
>>43536513
They're at least Minor or even Major Artifacts in their own right, and each one is just a shadow of the X-blade.
>>
>>43528048
Lesse.. last game i played was vermintide

Huh guess that explains Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>43536605
Then how do you get the X-Blade?
>>
>>43539422
A heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness, both of extreme and perfectly equal strength, have to clash together. The X-blade was originally the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts and a protector of it, but it vanished after the Keyblade War.

There's an overarching plot in the KH series about how Xehanort keeps trying to re-make it (and keeps failing) so he can take it for himself and have all power by accessing the Heart of All Worlds (which would have all wisdom and knowledge, and thus all power).
>>
>>43539507
So pretty much any Grey Knight fight a Deamon Prince in 40k? Or literally any Shadowrunner that's not a asshat fighting a corporate scumbag?
>>
>>43532542
Sora can literally cut buildings in half.
>>
>>43539707
To be fair, it was made out of nothingness. If he was that stronk then all the Disney villains would be fucking DBZ villains from how much they can tank.
>>
>>43528048
I drop it like it's hot. Fuck off with that Disney Fantasy shit.
>>
>>43528048
I leave my group, because clearly my DM is inserting shit.
>>
>>43539722
>>43539726
You know you can just hide the thread right? Thank's for the bumps mentally handicaps.
>>
>>43528048
>The last setting you played now gets stuff that's only a threat because of how it exploits the metaphysics of its own universe, which has notably different metaphysics from yours
It's just as retarded to say HEY FAGGOT YOUR SOULS WORK DIFFERENTLY NOW to the invadees in a crossover as it is to say it to the invaders.
>>
>>43540668
To be fair, a heart is pretty much just a soul in any other form of media.
It's just "I can't believe it's not soul butter" or something.
>>
>>43529331
>can we catch heartless?
>Can pokemon become heartless?

That's basically just Pokemon XD.

So yes.
>>
>>43540683
>To be fair, a heart is pretty much just a soul in any other form of media.
Souls are an actual thing in Kingdom Hearts. KH II explains a person is made up of A body, a soul, and a heart. When the soul leaves, the person dies, but most of the other stuff a soul usually does is instead a function of the heart. Except when a strong willed person has there heart stolen, then their soul can "fake" all the things usually done by the heart, thus making a Nobody.
>>
>>43528048

>personal setting
Just another incorporeal thing to kill, nobody really cares.
Demons have Christmas in June as Heartless are pretty much walking steaks to them. The next day there's the equivalent of mass flatulence from demonkind due to unbalanced diet.

Also:

>>43540668
This, so very much.

The canon version of the Heartless wouldn't even be a big deal in the Kingdom Hearts RPG I run ages ago because I pretty much had to make up new metaphysics, because this pretty much Special Snowflake: The Videogame.

Well, also because I had to nerv Heartless to hell because half my players made summoner build who each had an army of the things.
>>
File: temp.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43528048
They don't make it past nightfall.
>>
File: Pirate_KH[1].png (298 KB, 492x746) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_KH[1].png
298 KB, 492x746
>>43528048
Additional question: What kind of Emblem Heartless does your setting have?
>>
>>43528048

>Rogue Legacy

Meh, not much of a change, just dash and hit.
>>
>Faerûn
I feel sorry for the Heartless. My character is a bard, maybe he can trace where they came from and escape that fucking universe.
>>
>>43529862
Can't they just exterminatus The End of The World or something? Then again, what if someone opened up the door to light in 40k?
>>
>>43528048
Shadowrun.
Well, nothing really changes, maybe those fucking insects will fight them instead of us.

Either way, my flametosser arms gets more use now.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.