[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone interested in playing a Napoleonic Era GURPS game? I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: British_Prussian Troops.jpg (60 KB, 580x384) Image search: [Google]
British_Prussian Troops.jpg
60 KB, 580x384
Anyone interested in playing a Napoleonic Era GURPS game? I'll GM if there's enough interest.

Maybe even an earlier era pirates game?

I'm pretty open to how the players want to go about exploring the world of late 18th century Europe.

Military campaigns? Naval? Escaped Prisoners? Let me know what you fellow neck/leg beards want, I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>43521710
Also

I'd be down to run a Steampunk Napoleon game
>>
I would, but I'm already GM'ing one myself.
>>
>>43521710
Voice? Text? Skype? Roll20? IRC? Timezone?

Realistic-autistic? Cinematic? Steampunk-retarded? Subtle magic?
>>
I'd play the pirate one. What's the info?
>>
>>43521821
>>43521882
>Voice? Text? Skype? Roll20? IRC? Timezone?
Whoops, sorry.

I plan on running it as text with visual support; Char/town/battlefield/scenery pictures. Also will be using an overlay of the map of Europe, but local maps will need to be acquired by the PCs. - So I guess then IRC & maptools will be best for that? I've used OpenRPG in the past, and have liked it, but that was many years ago, so I'm not sure if it's turned to shit overtime. I'm open to try Roll20, but I heard it sucks

I'm in PDT which is I believe -8 GMT.

As far as the campaign itself, like I mentioned in the OP, I'm open to suggestions. It would be no fantasy - maybe magic restricted if we do steampunk. If we do a realistic campaign of adventures during the Napoleonic wars then it would be no magic of course and deathw oulld be a real possibility.

looking at 150pts in Realistic camp with -25avail in dis

and 250 points with -50avail in dis

>>43521882
Pirates would likely be the Barbary pirates on the northern coast of Tripoli, or even Privateers, haven't decided. What would you enjoy most?
>>
>>43522035
Also as far as scheduling is concerned, thats open as well since I have a fairly NEET lifestyle. I do some work early in the morning, but am free around noon PDT everyday, so...

Weekends anytime or Weekdays after noon PDT.
>>
>>43522035
This sounds good to me. I'd like to join.
>>
I would be down for any Napoleonic military campagin or just a setting defined by the war naval especially
>>
File: super.jpg (308 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
308 KB, 1000x707
>>43522035
I'd totally be down for that. Anyway to contact you directly?

This sounds interesting.
>>
Post more 19th century warfare pictures.
Now!
>>
>>43522312
>>43522336
>>43522353
Alright you Landlubbers - I'll make a new thread with an introductory post for the setting and campaign after I do a little more research, but here are some tidbits -

Campaign Setting- 1799; Napoleon has just returned from Egypt and taken control of the French Government. Seeing this as a prelude to war, and seeing how England's Navy was vastly over stretched to protect it's colonies the English king, George III, began issuing letters of Marque to any and all ship captains who "are able, patriotic and knowledgeable in all matters of the sea" against french shipping lanes.

Your Patron and Ship Captain Sir Edward of Wesley has taken up this call and is beginning preparations to sail out of Dover. (The PCs must come up with how they all ended up on Sir Wesley's crew, but this is their meeting point. I'll allow early childhood friendships that blossomed into the group signing up or working for Wesley).

Points: 150 w/ -25 available in disadvantages. No Exotic, supernatural or Mundane traits.

TL: 5

>Contact Info
[email protected].

That's a public email, so I wouldn't send any private information over it. Umm, we can all communicate using maildrop.cc emails for organizing the game, if you don't want to use your main email.

>Play Type
I'll probably end up using IRC for text and either an imgur or pastebin to post scenic/character pictures for the PCs to view at their leisure. (Scenery will be of towns, different sections of the ship and crew, etc).

Thats all I can think of to add, Oh Yea!

>Schedule
Still undecided. Depends on how the players can organize themselves. I'm hoping to get a game going twice a week. If not, then just once a week on the weekends would be fine, anytime. Once again I'm PDT (-8 GMT).

>>43522822
Pic related for you, senpai.
>>
>>43523251
>I'll make a new thread with an introductory post
Meaning I'll expound on the settings and GM restrictions. As well as giving the general introductory flavor for the campaign.

Look for one today or tomorrow. If I get emails from people, I'll reply back when that thread is up.
>>
>>43523251
>Points: 150 w/ -25 available in disadvantages. No Exotic, supernatural or Mundane traits.
Oh, well. Guess I won't be.
>>
>>43523251
>I'll probably end up using IRC for text
Can we talk over IRC instead of Emails?
>>
>>43523251
>>43523525
Yeah, register a channel on rizon or something, plz.
>>
Ded?
>>
File: France Stronk.gif (2 MB, 377x311) Image search: [Google]
France Stronk.gif
2 MB, 377x311
>>43523251
>playing as a bong

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
>>43524507
>>43523525
#NapoleonGURPS on Rezosup.

password is "teegee"

>>43526362
>want some realism and English is my first language

Sorry matey.

Also I'm open to do 200pts & -50pts for disadvantages, if the players prefer.
>>
>>43529272
>#NapoleonGURPS on Rezosup.

I'll try and be on most times from noon to like 7 8 PDT. I may be AFK, though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.