[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone manage to create casual homosexuality in a fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: lizardo.jpg (13 KB, 186x225) Image search: [Google]
lizardo.jpg
13 KB, 186x225
Without going too magical realm?
>>
>>43519954
No but i fucking love heroes 3.
>>
>>43519954
Any casual sex is magical realm, homo or hetro.
>>
>>43519975
I don't mean sex, but just love between 2 lizardmen. I like to think they are all-male and just have a sort of breeding pool where somehow new lizardmen emerge.

>>43519967
Me too, man, the rpgs as wells.
>>
>>43520004
>and just have a sort of breeding pool where somehow new lizardmen emerge.
Then why would they even seek sexual love with that?
>>
>>43520045
Maybe they have a giant sex party in their "swimming pool" and below it there is some kind of lizard godess that soaks all the fluids in and ...

Now the question is whether they are at the height of their civilization "aztec" style or forgot about their heritage and just by chance still do it in there.
>>
Can we just let the entire "Magical Realm" thing fucking die already?

Seriously, it's gotten to the point where my knee-jerk reaction is being mildly perturbed for the misuse of the term.
>>
>>43519967
Nothing will ever live up to that masterpiece.
>>
>>43519954

It's called Greece and Late Rome.
>>
File: Might-and-Magic-8.jpg (238 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
Might-and-Magic-8.jpg
238 KB, 575x431
>>43520196
Sorry, I'm not often here. It's just a term that I loosely heard in that context.
>>
>>43520214
Late rome was christian.
>>
>>43520239

Yes, exactly.
>>
The Iridian Fold in Pathfinder fuck ass like its a religion and are based off the sacred band of Thebes (With a touch of Leng influence) far as I can tell.
And they're pretty bad ass.
>>
Nope. Magic realm is considered any game where a major part of the culture/race/society caters to a specific fetish. Everyone being causally homosexual and doing it in public places would be magic realm. A culture where homosexuality is considered okay would not be magic realm.
>>
>>43519954
well if the race is more animalistic, you could do that the race has a very specific mating season. that once a year all on the same day all members of the race get super hyper horny, im talking at exclusion of all else, they must fuck the nearest hole, no matter gender. this is how the race doesnt get its population out of control because about half the fucking is same gender or the wrong hole

or you could do a pansexual race, where sex is merely a form of affection in any form. its no biggie. but only between male and female, and when they want it (meaning she can mentally control her womb) they get pregnant
>>
>>43520407
These days 'magical realm' seems to be anything even remotely sexual, or could potentially be sexual.
>>
>>43520495
Exactly, and this is what is wrong with /tg/
>>
Played in a setting with high population bug people but sentient, non-hive mentality, with individuals having identity and personality.

The very few males stayed to the cities with queens, the rest were female, so like 1% of the race engaged in proper hetero sex. The rest, at least the bug city dwellers, were basically lesbians. A good many because of this (small amount compared to the total, but large compared to other races) were usually disenfranchised with difficult bug city life so went out into the world, so interspecies relationships weren't uncommon. Still though, yeah most engaged in gay activities, at least just because there weren't any males around at all.
>>
>>43519954
Sounds impossible but I think I've heard of a book that did this with Neanderthals perhaps? Basically everyone has two partners, a heterosexual one for mating and a homosexual one for actual companionship.
>>
>>43520436
>about half the fucking is same gender or the wrong hole
>or the wrong hole
lol
>>
File: triangular love theory.gif (15 KB, 497x395) Image search: [Google]
triangular love theory.gif
15 KB, 497x395
I mean, it's perfectly normal to have a homosexual couple in your game. Just don't get too weird with it. Make it be known they're mates and don't delve too far beyond that.

You might delve into what others think of them, but as long as you keep the description of the relationship away from the passion end of the triangle in pic related, you should be fine.

I mean, unless of course, your players don't mind. But that's assuming they don't mind heterosexual passion in their game, either. And at that point it's pretty much just an ERP game.
>>
File: Drow_Brothers_by_Altana.jpg (35 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
Drow_Brothers_by_Altana.jpg
35 KB, 600x563
>>43519954
Didn't drow men turn to homosexuality cause the women are bat shit insane?
Sort of like real life?
>>
The lizardmen brought me here.

The drow made me leave.
>>
>>43519954
Corellon

>>43520239
Sergius and Bacchus
>>
I'm not really interested in the subject, but Heroes 3 is one of the coolest games in the known universe.
>>
>>43519954
A few authors with extremely long lived creatures (vampires, immortals, etc.) do something along the lines of "After being alive so long you tend to experiment"
>>
File: goblin prince girly.png (1 MB, 802x1060) Image search: [Google]
goblin prince girly.png
1 MB, 802x1060
What a stupid fucking thread.

If your setting does not have qt harem boys and girls, as well as the big badass warrior who secretly likes it up the butt, an anything-that-moves style bisexual, heat-based animal race, nonsexual robots, arranged and not-arranged marriages, sexual wrestling, and pedantry then its probably shit.

All sexual stuff that is common in real life, minus the robots (mostly), should similarly be included.
>>
>>43525979
>dat pic
hnnnnggg
>>
>>43525979
(Post more of these types)
>>
File: Goblin and Kobold cute.jpg (42 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Goblin and Kobold cute.jpg
42 KB, 960x1280
>>43526210

Really don't have any more, sorry.
>>
>>43522171
I'm sure homosexuality is atypically prevalent among Drow males for that very reason, but I think the general male population either accepts that they will be dommed by a priestess whenever she feels like it or are masochists and actively work towards being fem-raped.
>>
File: massive erection.png (127 KB, 948x614) Image search: [Google]
massive erection.png
127 KB, 948x614
>>43522171
We have drow men in real life?
>>
File: 726801_p0.jpg (379 KB, 907x985) Image search: [Google]
726801_p0.jpg
379 KB, 907x985
>>43525979
>sexual wrestling

We need more settings with that kind of stuff.
>>
File: oil-wrestling.jpg (45 KB, 685x383) Image search: [Google]
oil-wrestling.jpg
45 KB, 685x383
>>43525979
>>43527304
>sexual wrestling

So the race is the Turks?
>>
>>43525979
>pedantry
Would it be pedantic to say I think you mean pederasty?
>>
>>43525979
>big badass warrior who secretly likes it up the butt

I did that. If you replace 'secretly' with 'shamelessly open and casual'.
>>
File: 1445534962141.jpg (667 KB, 1418x1014) Image search: [Google]
1445534962141.jpg
667 KB, 1418x1014
>>43519975

What about really formal sex? Like dudes in evening wear or full business dress?
>>
These "Reaction" threads occur whenever someone posts something stupid just for the sake of getting attention, and wind up not getting the attention they wanted.

/tg/ is, has, and will always be a middle of the road place. Because there's no real censorship, both sides of any argument coexist here, be they liberal, conservative, or however else you want to define the two sides of any political argument.

That's why there's always going to be conflicts about these topics, and that's why they're best left to /pol/. To post these kind of topics is hopefully just baiting and trolling, and at worst is some effort to try and turn /tg/ into a second tumblr, and that's why regardless of what your political stance may be, the only proper response to these topics is "Take it to /pol/."

So, seriously, stop making these threads, stop trolling, and keep these arguments in /pol/.
>>
>>43529552
>thread full of pretty decent discussion with no real problems
>OMG get back to /pol/!

You know your comment is more likely to actually start a conflict than anything actually in this thread?

Besides that, it's a pretty legitimate question when it comes to worldbuilding.
>>
>>43529614
>thread full of pretty decent discussion with no real problems

Please. Don't flatter yourself.

And, trolling is trolling, no matter how earnest you pretend to be doing otherwise.

And, how would you enjoy it if someone made a "Did anyone manage to cure homosexuality in a fantasy race society?" thread? I'm sure you'd love people bumping it with wonderful comments like "Yes, it's a disease" and "I like the picture you posted, let's discuss that instead."
>>
>>43529661
Funny, because that's actually how it is in my setting. Cure Disease is cheap and easy spell, no one wants to be homosexual, and that's the end of the discussion. No homosexuality in my games, and the topic never comes up.
>>
>>43529661
I would roll my eyes and move on without feeling the need to go into a thread that held no interest to me and loudly complain to people who didn't want to listen, not make a big deal about it.

I just reread the thread, you're the only person complaining or being disruptive, everyone else has either been quietly talking or mentioning a few relevant examples.

Why are you even here? Just go to some other thread with something that interests you rather than claiming that because people acknowledge that gays exist it's a conspiracy to turn /tg/ into Tumblr.
>>
>>43529755
Oh, it is interesting to me. It seems you want to hear my opinions on homosexuality.

Do you, or don't you? That's the question.
Do you want me to tell you what I think, or do you want to create a little hugbox thread, where only tumblr opinions are allowed?

No? You don't want to hear my opinions? Than don't make the thread. It's really that simple.

This is a neutral playing field, which means arguments will occur. If you don't want an argument, then have enough sense not to try and force your political ideologies in a place where there are people with different opinions than your own.
>>
>>43519954
I would say Exalted, but that's Exalted.
>>
>>43529846
I didn't make the thread and you're free to say whatever you want.

Go ahead, expound on whatever your personal beliefs are and how it could affect a fantasy world. OP's question was to ask if anyone had ever done this, and by extension if it could be done. If your answer is an honest 'no' then that's an entirely valid response.

Nobody is hugboxing anyone here. Nobody is asking for confirmation of their beliefs or that someone who disagrees with them should leave.

This is a neutral playing field where arguments can occur, and I welcome that. I'm not trying to force my ideologies on anyone (though I don't think sexual orientation is a political movement) And I find it presumptuous to claim that all of /tg/ disagrees with me, and by extension, agrees with you.

If anything, your request that we leave and take our discussion elsewhere seems like it's sole purpose is to try to shut down discussion by demanding that people go somewhere you can't see them before they are allowed to open their mouths.

In any case, I'm no longer going to be replying to anything you say. Because I'd rather not derail the thread by getting into an ultimately pointless argument.
>>
>>43530032
> I'm not trying to force my ideologies on anyone (though I don't think sexual orientation is a political movement)

What you're trying to do is establish the idea that homosexuality is okay, normal, and to be accepted without question. You even tried to present sexual orientation as not being a political rather than biological construct based around sexual preference, which is what the majority of the world understands to be the case.

With you saying that, it's important to voice the other side, which says "It should be tolerated to the same degree as sucking off a dog. Keep it private, and don't pretend it's something to take pride in."

Your casual attitude is just another attempt to spread your ideology, and it's particularly effective because you can react as if anyone who disagrees with you is too concerned with the matter, and that they should simply ignore you. If you want to be ignored, don't draw attention to yourself.

So, it seems you do want to hear my opinions, though you simultaneously don't plan on replying to them. That's great, because my opinions on creating casual homosexuality in a fantasy race society are pretty simple.

It's pretty stupid, and the posts in this thread confirm that.
>>
I'd like to see a case of it where the females of the race are a higher class through a genetic superiority of some sort, and the males must fuck and seduce each other to empress the female overlords to try to "pass on their blood line".
>>
>>43519954
I try but generally none of my players question it enough for me to go any further into. That might mean I succeeded, but if I don't explicitly include it in the narrative describing the world I shape, then can it be said to be true at all?
>>
>>43528347
buhdumtss
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.