[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Agents of SHIELD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Logos2.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Logos2.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
What would /tg/ suggest for a campaign based on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD show? I've been looking at a few options, but none of them have really fit the theme of the show/were actually any good. So, what does /tg/ suggest?
>>
>>43517848
GURPS.
>>
>>43517854
Looked into it. GURPS is awesome, but I don't think it really fits with the feel of the show.
>>
>>43517848
Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>43517879
GURPS' basic assumptions lead toward action movie realism. It's a perfect fit.
>>
>>43517894
>>43517854
Alright, what books would you suggest? I haven't played much GURPS overall.
>>
>>43517920
Just the Basic Set should be enough.
Maybe Martial Arts for some fancy techniques or whatever they use in the show. There's also a bunch of Action booklets about, well, action movies games.
I doubt High-Tech or Supers would be much help at all since they don't go into gun-autism, and IIRC it's all rather low-powered, and Supers (and the 3e Supers books) mostly deal with high-powered heroes doing heroic things.
And if you need an adventure-of-the-day idea, you could just pretty much pick a random book and pilfer through it.

Oh and the Powers comic's about normal people dealing with super-problems, that could help loads if your players haven't read them.
>>
>>43517848
It runs well in MHR (Cortex+ Action) or Fate.

>>43517854
>>43517894
>>43517920
Jesus Christ don't try GURPS if you don't have system mastery. Actually, don't try GURPS because system mastery is impossible.
>>
>>43517848
New World of Darkness - Hunters: The Vigil

All players come from the S.H.I.E.L.D. compact.
>>
>>43519393
Continuing with this, you can basically re-fluff Task Force: VALKYRIE as SHIELD

>Also, the SHIELD conspiracy, not compact.
>>
>>43517848
This is something i've looked at alot, without deciding anything. So besides your generic GURPS/mutants and masterminds answer, there's:

Delta Green
Nwod: hunter the vigil
Night's black agents / esoterrorists
Conspiraxy X
spycraft
covert ops
savage worlds
>>
Fate, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>43519393
>>43519422
That's a pretty solid idea. Savage Worlds might be a good pick too because of how over the top it is.

>>43519041
>Jesus Christ don't try GURPS if you don't have system mastery. Actually, don't try GURPS because system mastery is impossible.
3D6 IS SO HAAARD!

EIGHT important stats??? WHAT IS THIS A FUCKIN GULAG
>>
Would this be pre or post inhumans campaign? Cause the power levels and variety are vastly different between the two
>>
>>43517848

Delta Green or FATE.
>>
>>43517848

My first instinct is Champions, since that covers all levels of power you're dealing with in Marvel. BUT If you don't want to deal with GURPS, I'm pretty sure HERO system is not going to fly either. Delta Green works as well, as does mutants and masterminds.

Do not D20 Modern.
>>
>>43517848
Just remember, its more like Agents of Meat-SHIELD with how hillariously underequipped they are for just about anything
>>
>>43517992
Adding to this
1. Read Powers, it's a must for most games.
2. Limit how many points they can spend on super powers.
I don't watch the show but I tried running a super hero game in GURPS and you want to make it agents who have powers not make a super hero.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.