[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General - Why no New Thread? Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
>All official WotC content here (now including the SCAG)
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Tools for 5e, other stuff, misc homebrews
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>SCAG Map:https://mega.nz/#!CowGWLKT!yiwaLeoLWcsV4d8uY5DmqsmPxTw3ZIdpz8xAzaYkQ5II

> November's UA (which should be in the Mega link above, but for those who just want it alone)
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf

And question of the day:

Which character idea have you wanted to play?

For DMs: Which setting/campaign/story do you want to run for your players next?
>>
I want to play a warlock, with the pact being fluffed to be like in Drakengard (both parties are soul linked, and the non-beast has to give up part of themselves).

I need to go back to Drakengard to get the details right.
>>
>>43508251

>Which character idea have you wanted to play?

Been toying with being either a cleric or paliden

>For DMs: Which setting/campaign/story do you want to run for your players next?

As someone who has played a little bit of Rage of Demons, I wouldn't mind running it with my gang. I like how it seems less rail roaded like previous ones.
>>
I'm a relatively new player. I've been playing for a bit over a year now. I'm in a group that runs 2e and 5e. How do you guys feel about 5e in comparison to previous editions of D&D? On one hand, I really like how streamlined it is compared to 2e, but on the other hand I feel a bit more restricted when it comes to character options. 2e feels more logical to me, while 5e feels more intuitive.
>>
>>43508251
I want to run a sandbox campaign for a rotating cast where the prep includes a lot of hex mapping, borrowing the concept of "fronts" from Dungeon World, and a living world. The actual running of the game will rely heavily on wilderness travel, random encounters and navigation checks, and the players will be able to choose (or come up with) their quests.

It's gonna be a big challenge, and an experiment. But I think it's the only possible way to run a game when you have a big number of potential players. And I'm curious to see how much you can learn to minimize railroading. It's taking a lot of time to write up though - sandbox prep in general is very front-loaded, and my bloated original plan is going through some changes as I realize I have to move away from a lot of ruin-type dungeons that I had prepared, because they would be too passive, into dungeons/threats that have a more (pro)active role in the world.

If anyone has ran a sandbox before, or has experience of applying Dungeon World concepts into 5e, or even knows which parts of official adventures I could lift, I'd be interested to hear it.
>>
>>43508251

I really want to try playing a Fire Genasi who is the worthless son of an efreeti noble's human concubine. Basically a spoiled, egotistical brat with a short temper. Probably Barbarian/Fighter multiclass because why not.

>For DMs: Which setting/campaign/story do you want to run for your players next?

Putting together a short campaign centered around two rival parliamentary factions employing street-level gangs in urban warfare for control of the capital.
>>
>>43508251
Any character where the DM won't cheat and metagame to fuck him over because I stepped out of the railroad.
>>
File: 1435577932609.jpg (337 KB, 753x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435577932609.jpg
337 KB, 753x1200

I want to get through playing each class, up next probably a wizard, who's actually really happy at causing mass destruction

Gamma World, I really like the idea and the character creation
>>
>>43508251
I've got a few character ideas.

My first is a dragonborn draconic sorcerer with the sage background. The idea is that he is obsessed with anything draconic, he has spent years researching them, trying to find a way to enhance his own draconic ability.

Sets out as an adventurer because there is only so much you can do with books, he needs practical work, field experience.

It's subject to DM fiat and approval, but my goal for the character in my head is for him to have an eventual half-dragon template applied. Collect powerful dragon artifacts, but at the same time, play up the flaws, as he becomes more draconic the red dragon personality traits become more prominent. Pride, arrogance, greed, xenophobic, rage, isolation. All become more prominent as his transformation continues.

Maybe I'll retire him to be a villian in another campaign, or perhaps he'll he struck down by a goblin at level 1. Who knows
>>
>>43508695
The other is just a cleric. Tempest domain, viking/sailor type. Haven't really fleshed out much for him.
>>
When is this month's survey going to be up? I thought UA was first Monday of the month and survey was first Friday.
>>
>>43508251
A Half-Orc Ranger, seriously I always end up playing Clerics or Fighters, I want to shoot someone in the face while shouting BRUGO-GO-GO

As a DM, I would want to run a campaign in Thay, everyone is family and you have to help Wizard Dad out in his wacky experiments
>>
File: 1380680885800.png (747 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1380680885800.png
747 KB, 1280x720
>>43508251
I've been really wanting to play these in no particular order

>Conjuration Wizard
>Homebrew Gambler/Divination Wizard multiclass
>Some type of Gish class using a Maul so I can roleplay my MMO character
>A Fighter or Barbarian with some kind of proficiency with oversized weapons
>>

ForeverDM here, only ever played a single character for 3 sessions and it was a Fighter in 3.5. I really want to get involved in a campaign as a caster of any kind. I love magic and the versatility of it, but I don't have time to join another group when I'm always DMing.

I've actually recently started a 5e campaign in the Eberron setting, it's going well so far. We have a Warforged Monk, High Elf Bard and a Dwarf Fighter.
>>
Anyone have some homebrew Dragonborn race variants? I'd like to play a lizardguy that had something that was fun to do, instead of a subpar breath weapon.
>>
>>43508891
Do Dragonborn get the AC Bonus like the dragon sorcerer guys get?
>>
File: ebye.jpg (110 KB, 712x505) Image search: [Google]
ebye.jpg
110 KB, 712x505
>>43508251
Pic related, a demon hunter who uses demonic powers to aid himself
>>
I know I've read a few ideas in here about how to fix Beastmaster rangers, does anybody have those on hand? Couldn't find 'em in the pastebin.
>>
File: 1436279139380-1.jpg (365 KB, 1266x1836) Image search: [Google]
1436279139380-1.jpg
365 KB, 1266x1836
>>43508251
Pic related

Not sure how campy or straight up I'd play it, but it'd be fun to take a bard and just play it 100% like you're a paladin. Maybe go College of Valor, have your "lay on hands" (cure wounds) ready, use bardic inspiration to play battlemaster / inspirational leader, and if possible maybe even write the character sheet as though you're a paladin and note your abilities in code somewhere on the sheet so you remember. See how long it takes the players OOC to realize.
>>
File: Maoyuu_CrimsonScholar.jpg (263 KB, 1268x2179) Image search: [Google]
Maoyuu_CrimsonScholar.jpg
263 KB, 1268x2179
Ideas for new Warlock invocations, anyone?
>>
>>43508251

>Mastermind Rogue based off Carl from ATHF

>Jester Wizard

>Long Death Monk that using adventuring as an excuse to commit ritual murder

>a halfing Thief

>NOT Guts the Fighter/Barbarian

I want to be a player again dammit
>>
Tips to roleplay a Svirvneblin Wizard with Far Traveler background? Both parents killed at different point in his life, studied Abjuration because he couldn't protect them. Lived in Blingdenstone with brother studying jewelry-making and magic. Enslaved by Drow for years, but escaped to surface. Still thinks he is being pursued by his former Drow mistress, and is borderline paranoid. Wants to study magic on the surface and eventually find his way back to his brother, who he writes letters to but doesn't know how to deliver. Cunning, pragmatic, frugal, out of touch with surface customs (frequently invades personal space of others, has strange Underdark ideas about food).

Looking for cool additional details I can add and ways to play up this background in-game. Also possibly plant some seeds/motivation so my character will be interested in the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure hooks, which so far I know nothing about.
>>
>>43508251
I've got a character concept I want to play for like half the classes

>tfw forever DM
>>
File: greyhawk_knights.jpg (34 KB, 467x295) Image search: [Google]
greyhawk_knights.jpg
34 KB, 467x295
Why is Wizards so fond of FR when Greyhawk is where most of D&D's common assumptions originated?

For that matter, will any setting other than FR ever get content?
>>
>>43509270
Flight
Invisibility
Short teleports
Metamorph into a giant spider
>>
>>43509441
Forgotten Realms novels sell well.

I hope other settings gets 5e stuff. Planescape, Dark Sun, Ravenloft.

Eberron got a UA awhile back, maybe another setting will.
>>
Currently playing a Oath of Ancients paladin turned Oath of Vengence paladin after finding out the necromancer that killed his family (which he in turned killed) isn't dead as in fact has come back as a Lich.

Backup Character is a Aasimar Fey Pact Warlock who had to give up her name & face as a part of the Pact. Now wears a mask.
>>
>>43509548
How often, and at what cost?
>>
>>43509574
At will
9th level and beyond

Flight speed equal to your land speed. 12th level
Invisibility better thant the one you can't move, allow him to at least move, keep the level the same
Teleport 60 ft as move action. 9th level
Giant spider 2/day. 5th level
>>
>>43508935
nop
>>
File: 1445914594580.png (180 KB, 850x545) Image search: [Google]
1445914594580.png
180 KB, 850x545
Might as well ask here since the shit I'm trying to make is 5e-related.

Where do you guys go to get critique on your homebrew material? I can't get people tell me shit about fuck here and I have no idea what forums, if any, are any good for constructive criticism. I already tried the GITP forums but I'm not sure if it's just slow or if they're not interested in what I made, but based on the number of brony avatars, the place seems to be full of faggots with no taste.
>>
>>43509270
What about something that does for another cantrip what the existing ones do for Eldritch Blast? (Perhaps including learning it, if it's not on the Warlock list)
>>
>Wizard
>+0 con
>-1 dex
>No Mage armor
>I just don't like minmaxing, anon
>>
>>43509903

He best be multiclassing into a Cha casting class with stupid shit like that.
>>
Druid, Sorceror, Warlock and Wizard.

Which would yo prefer to play and why? What are the pros and cons of these? What are some cool character concepts for these?
>>
File: 1446062220805.jpg (636 KB, 1280x1855) Image search: [Google]
1446062220805.jpg
636 KB, 1280x1855
>10 cleric
>6 paladin
>4 more levels in cleric

If I had decent wis/cha, along with ridiculous strength, why is this a bad idea?
>>
File: 1424649409433.jpg (190 KB, 654x832) Image search: [Google]
1424649409433.jpg
190 KB, 654x832
>>43510041

War Domain and Oath of Vengeance. Forgot to add that,
>>
I've been wanting to play a diplomatic knowledge cleric proficient in like eight languages, but language proficiency seems rather pointless in a game where someone can just cast tongues and not care
>>
So I want to play a busty beautiful sorceress who solves problems with the following methods.
A) Seduce it
B) Burn it
C) Seduce it and THEN burn it.
D) All of the above

Would you allow this at your table? I am worried the DM will just see this as fetish bait or something.
>>
>>43510156

Just blow your GM.
>>
>>43510041
If you have the stats for it, it isnt
>>
>>43510041
>>43510061

MCing Cleric and Pally seems stupid. Just stick to one.
>>
>>43510172
But I just want to play the classical seductress enchantress. The character wont actually follow through with her game. She just wants to use her body as bait to get what she wants/lure a bastard into a dark alley so she can kill him.
>>
File: Sunlight_spear[1].jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Sunlight_spear[1].jpg
25 KB, 500x281
So is there any way to chuck lightning bolts at people in 5e that dont involve magic weapons? Maybe some sort of spell that isnt lightning bolts (looking for targeted attacks not AoE's)
>>
>>43510216
Feypact Lock or Bard (with Expertise in Subterfuge and Diplomacy). I'm not sure a Sorceress could focus on Enchantment. Also realize that most charm spells are considered mind rape in 5e and that the person who is subjected to them knows it happened.
>>
>>43510263
Chromatic Orb choosing lightning damage?
>>
>>43510263
SCAG has a cantrip that does exactly that at a short range.
>>
>>43508891
I have Komodo dragonborn in my setting, sor far what I have is:
>Komodo Dragonborn: +2 constitution, 1d6 bite bonus action natural weapon, +1d6 scaling poison damage once a day, and poison resistance.
Basically bonus action instead of action, half damage and melee range, but always available, with a once a day buff that makes it do as much damage as normal breath weapons. Took away the advantage on fear saves to balance that out a bit, might still be a bit too good for martials so I may take the +2 con and make it +1 instead.
>>
File: 1409526569243.jpg (94 KB, 773x768) Image search: [Google]
1409526569243.jpg
94 KB, 773x768
>>43510191

But why, anon? My reasoning is making my character basically the ideal soldier/fist of god kind of thing.
>>
>>43510357
Devotion Paladin, Soldier Background.

Vengeance is not the fist of god, it's the fist of edgetards.
>>
>>43510216
The only GMs who would approve of such a character only want you to try it so they can make your character fail and then spend an hour describing the ensuing gang rape.
>>
File: uMjZqDH[1].png (318 KB, 448x284) Image search: [Google]
uMjZqDH[1].png
318 KB, 448x284
>>43510263
>>
>>43510288
It drags them towards you thoigh. That's hazardois if you're not made for melee
>>
I wonder what the next storyline will be. They're supposed to announce it soon,
>>
>>43510410
>Tfw you just realized this isn't limited by the "cant wear armor" bullshit like the other monk abilities.
>>
>>43510294
Having it as a bonus action seems pretty overpowered, as there aren't a whole ton of things consuming bonus actions as is. It would effectively make it so a character could make a TWF attack every single turn, even if they're using a shield or a great weapon. It would also be utterly useless for TWF people.

I'd say you could make it just the poison bite and have it be that it deals 1d6 piercing + a Con save for additional poison damage, with the poison damage scaling, but there's no way to determine DC for a racial Con save, really.
>>
>>43510453
I'm not sure; it implies it's part of martial arts with the reference to the martial arts damage progression
>>
>>43510383

Or Paladin's on a specific mission to kill a foe of the god. At least that's how I'm playing mine. My Pally serves a god that hates undead. I'm going after a lich.
>>
>>43510383

You have had some bad experiences.
>>
>>43510425
If I remember right, it was "Elemental Evil, followed by an adventure based off of Alice in Wonderland, and then an adventure about a Shakespearean play, but with Giants."
We have PotA and Rage of Demons as the first two, so maybe Taming of the Shrew, but with a Cloud Giant princess?
It's most likely Macbeth mixed with the old Against the Giants adventure.
>>
>>43510512
Same way they do with everything else? 8+prof+stat of choice
>>
>>43510294
>>43510512
I am liking this, got more?
>>
>>43510567
>Giants
Considering the previous adventures, giant don't seem very threatening.
>>
>>43510567
I'm kind of holding out hope that the adventure will be set in Greyhawk in the Duchy of Geoff, like the old Against the Giants adventure was.
I just want Greyhawk to be acknowledged more than appendices in FR content.
>tfw its about a giant prince and a human princess as starcrossed lovers in human/giant conflict
>>
>>43510649
>tfw it's The Tempest.
>>
>>43510582
Yeah, I was just thinking any particular stat would be weird. I guess Str or Con make the most sense for it, so choice between those two?
>>
>>43510512
That would just be worse than breath weapon though, and I want it to be a bit different. Breath weapon normally recharges at a short or long rest and is AoE vs. save instead of single target melee attack roll. I guess I could make it 1d4 normally and keep acid the same, in that case maybe recharge on short rest? Also normal dragonborn gets advantage against fear saves which makes them a bit better.
>>
>>43510567
How about Titus Andronicus? King Snurre vs. the queen of the frost giants.
>>
>Undying Light Warlock + Light cleric
>Cha+wis damage to Sacred Flame starting at level 9 (or 10)
Trying to decide if this is worth it (even if it does fit thematically)
>>
>>43510880
That's 3d8+Cha+Wis damage, and you end up rather MAD if you still need Dex for armor.

You may as well go vanilla Agonizing Eldritch Blast and deal 3d10+3xCha; or, if you really want a Light theme, Undying Light Shillelagh Tomelock for 3d8+2xCha with 2d8+2xCha to a secondary target.
>>
Are there any good map generators? I'm going to be DMing for the first time soon and I can't make a good map for my world. I've been very flexible with the lore so I could pretty easily tweak it to make sense within a given geographic region, but actually making a map is killing my motivation. I'd rather focus on filling it with interesting stuff.
>>
>>43511010
>Shillelagh tome lock
I understand that it makes you SAD but for the love of god its just not as good as everyone says. You still need Dex for AC so its not like you wont be raising it anyways

Plus if you go bladelock you can grab lifedrinker to add another +cha mod on there.

So 3d8+dex+cha+cha and 2d8+cha+cha

Add in 6-8 levels of sorcerer and you will eventually do

4d8+dex+cha+cha+cha and 3d8+cha+cha+cha TWICE a turn with quicken.
>>
Can someone explain to me what the Malleable Illusions feature means?
>>
>>43511268
As mountain dwarf you'd only ever need 14 dex. You can also start as fighter 1 for heavy armor.
>>
>>43511268
Firstly, my point wasn't to tell him 'PLAY THIS FAGET', but to illustrate that multiclassing Cleric and Warlock simply to get added damage on Sacred Flame is far from worthwhile.

I used that option because it's a commonly-mentioned build and it makes my calculations easier. Multiclassing into Sorc is just as open to Tomelocks as Bladelocks, so that's not particularly relevant, but your point on Lifedrinker is valid.

You're also right about raising Dex, as long as we're assuming he's going pure Warlock now. If he's taking a level in Cleric anywhere down the line, he'll have medium armor, and won't need more than a 14 in Dex.

Admittedly, you could get around the armor problem entirely by starting as a paladin, just going full Cha, and possibly using spell slots to smite the fuck out of people with a second level, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>43511418
Usually you can't change the appearance or noise of the illusion once you've casted it without recasting it. Malleable illusions lets you change it. I think. I don't ever use illusion spells so I might be horribly wrong.
>>
File: 1435759461326.png (398 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
1435759461326.png
398 KB, 500x407
The picture of the girl centaurs in the Sword Coast book does things to my groin, and I don't even like centaurs.
>>
File: wizardyfun.jpg (197 KB, 998x713) Image search: [Google]
wizardyfun.jpg
197 KB, 998x713
>>43508251
>>43510001
I'm currently playing a druid because nobody else was playing a full caster and I figured we could use someone with full caster progression, I chose druid because I wanted healing spells but didn't want to be a cleric.
So far I love it and druids are one of my favorite classes now. Nature rules.
Wizards are my second pick but I don't feel like any character I play could live up to my mental ideal of a wizard. Gandalf and Merlin are too cool for me to be able to approach. Still, the idea of a person who learns to use magic through their own effort and study will always make them better than the other casters. My favorite wizard character concept is a Sprite Abjuration Wizard with a vendetta against the hobgoblins. She's a cranky customer who fancies herself a BRAVE WARRIOR. I probably won't get to play with any GM that would let me play a sprite though.
I've got an idea for a human red draconic sorcerer that I'll never play.
Warlocks are bad and should feel bad, I'd only ever dip a few levels in it to steal their empowered eldritch blast. It's their only redeeming quality.
>>
>>43510001
Warlock, maybe Druid.

I never actually liked full casters that much, Lock and Bard have always been, as such, my goto option.
>>
File: Formicid_(monster).png (921 B, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
Formicid_(monster).png
921 B, 32x32
How do I stat a playable race with four arms?
>>
>>43511721
Why? They're blurry shitty piles of shit.
>>
>>43511963
homebrew up a Thri Kreen pc race
>>
>>43511997
If you're talking about the scans, I read a physical copy
>>
>>43511998

dandwiki homebrew looks like some major cheese, I'm sure there's more in the thread homebrew but I can't be assed to sift through them for ideas
>>
>>43512062
Don't use the dandwiki, or the thread.
Just say "This is a race, it has four arms, it can carry more things, no it cannot quadruple wield, and no it cannot dual wield two two-handed weapons."
>>
>>43510001
Wizard, because your character is a smart guy, Sorcerer is only cool if you are penalized for not using magic enough, Druid is neat because it comes with a rigid philosophy to RP and you can heal things, and warlock is for fucking autists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABaHY1WuAkM

>>43510156
Why the hell would I not allow a CHA Sorcerer? There's no "seduction" stat dummy, you'd just be making persuasion and bluff rolls and shit.
>>
File: HURRSE.png (672 KB, 523x447) Image search: [Google]
HURRSE.png
672 KB, 523x447
>>43512044
You're talking about pic related right? what the fuck is wrong with the middle one's face?
>>
>>43512269
They have weird noses
>>
/5eg/ if I were to perform a goading song in my character's native voice, would you need me to have a proficiency in performance even if I had a proficiency in my singing voice to add proficiency to my roll?
>>
>>43512440
If I were your DM? No, you'd not get the bonus from proficiency.

However, you'd get a bonus from good roleplaying, which may or may not be greater than your character's proficiency depending on how well you pulled off the song.
>>
>>43512440
I'd say normal roll bonuses but Inspiration if you pull it off well
>>
>>43508251
My group just finished ToD, and I am up to dm next. I am going to run PotA. I think I will have 6 to 7 pc's. I know that is too many, but I am going to up stats and double monster fodder. Any other advice from players or someone who has dmed PotA
>>
>>43512440
If I allowed you to take "singing voice" as an instrument, I would. However, I would likely not allow you to take it as a tool, and instead ask that you find a way to take proficiency in Performance to represent that.
>>
>>43512721
Are you starting with side quests at 1 or jumping into the main quest at 3?
>>
>>43511548
Sorry to make it seem hostile. I just get so tired of any argument that involves shillelagh. Good point in starting cleric or paladin. Only issue there is the required 13 str for paladin or 13wis for cleric.

>>43511489
You also eat up an additional ASI by not having a +1 to cha. Much better to go with a one level dip in fighter or something like that.
>>
>>43512721

I'm gonna DM for the first time this Monday, also PotA. I'm also a player in PotA, about halfway through, so I'm hoping that will give me some experience and help running it.
>>
>>43512721
I also ran it with 6. It's too much to handle honestly, makes combat take way damn longer than it should. Advice would be to play the prophets as being.. prophets. They know when shit is going on, though until the party actually does something SERIOUS to the cults they aren't exactly a priority. Use the local non-cult groups, like the local Zhents or the Order of Samular. They make good friends (or foes) of the party, and may send people to meet them if they start to gain renown. The way I found to keep people from just diving deep into the main quest shit is.. each surface area cleared then causes a huge reaction from beneath, and a huge outpouring of cultists and shit will start to come out, which SHOULD prompt the players to get lost. If they get to the Temple area, that's when the Prophets would know about them and start actually doing shit. The party shouldn't as reliably sneak around the Temple level (or below) as they could elsewhere.

Be sure to make things OTHER than the cult stuff seem attractive and interesting to do, as it's a good opportunity for them to secure allies, XP, and magic items if they do the side quest stuff.
>>
>>43512859
Lvl1 side quest. Most of the players are new to the game. Let's them get a feel for the characters
>>43512890
Solid advice thanks anon!
>>
>>43513185
Online or in-person?
>>
>>43511128
Try Donjon for D&D stuff
>>
>>43513423
I person. It sucks cuz we all work retail, so the greatest challenge is setting a time. We are having a character creation before we start too.
>>
>>43513582
At least with a big group you can continue on nights where some can't make it
>>
>>43513609
That's the case most times. Last campaign my wife would be "stunt" characters
>>
File: 1446870522455.png (13 KB, 460x376) Image search: [Google]
1446870522455.png
13 KB, 460x376
>>43508251
I've been kicking around the idea of playing a character like Siegmeyer of Catarina. I'm still undecided on which feats for him to take. I want him to wield a greatsword, but I'm unsure of how to model blows kind of sliding off his curved armor
>>
>>43513822
Whenever an attack doesn't hit your AC, it's sliding off your armor. That's what AC means.
>>
Posted in a previous thread, need a puzzle for a solo quest. He's a warlock seeking an artifact in an ancient crypt.
>>
>>43512269
horse pussy
>>
>>43513822
ok, I need to know. Is the link in this picture when I open it in notepad safe? It's nothing cringy right? No Cheese pizza?
>>
>>43513941
Notepad is text only, it will have some hidden text at the bottom of the picture code.
>>
>>43513941
>>43513960
And apparently it is a link to a picture of the jumpscare type? Whatever you call those.
>>
I've only ever seen Oath of Vengeance Paladins. Is anyone playing the Ganjadin?
>>
>>43513979
Ah ok, just wanted to make sure it's wasn't porn or something...
>>
>>43513979
Yes, very loud and actually made me jump. Epilepsy warning on that.
>>
>>43513999
Yeah, quite annoying.
>>
>>43513990
Yeah.... google is telling me it's possibly a virus.

--delete file--
>>
Hey all, the guild artisan background suggests that one of the things you can be is a "fineamith." What is that?
>>
>>43510383
I suppose we don't need to ask you to point in the PH where the bad gamers hurt you...
Story?
>>
>>43508695
>Dragon D. Dragonson, son of Dragon
Cool story bro.
>>
>>43514095
Finesmith I assume? Makes jewelry, household items like doorknobs and window hooks etc.
>>
>>43508695
No anon, you get to level 17 and just Polymorph into a true dragon. Then become a total bro/total dick depending on color

Speaking of, what are the most supported/"best" Draconic sorcerers anyone? Red/Gold being near the top I imagine
>>
>>43514275
I'm liking the Bronze I have going with a couple of levels in Tempest Cleric.
>>
>>43514136
Nothing particularly interesting, a group with an edgy player who decided the best way to play vengeance pally was as a pyromaniac version of Miller's Batman.
>>
>>43514247
yes I did mean finesmith, fucking phone, always auto correcting to nonsense
>>
>>43514302

You're branding all vengeance pallies a certain way because of 1 player?

... you don't like minorities very much, I take it?
>>
>>43508433
his temper could produce some nice RP memes considering fire genasi literally see red all the time
>>
>>43513987

My buddy is a gnome moon druid going oath of ancients.

My DM has a story planned out for him and everything. It's going to be dope.
>>
>>43508251 (OP)
Been wanting to play a Dwarf War Cleric for a while, seems like a lot of fun.
>>
>>43508433
>>43514438
One of my favorite characters is a fire genasi paladin whose temper gets in the way of her dedication to justice at times.

Unfortunately the one 5e campaign I got play her in was shit.
>>
>>43514389
Considering this seems to be a fairly generalized problem with bad groups, it's kind of precious to compare my not liking how most players seem to roll Vengeance to not liking minorities.
>>
>>43514302
That's disturbing.
Glad I've never had anything that... Unpleasant.
Well in the party anyway. As an antagonist, would be just fine.
>>
>>43514559

lol u r a gay boy
>>
>>43514601
+1
>>
>>43513987

I'm probably going to make an Ancients paladin sometime soon. I love that Green Knight-type shit and it's a nice break from the standard knight in shining armor devotion paladin or the grim-n-gritty vengeance paladin I'm not such a fan of.

Plus, our GM has a huge mage-boner and resistance to spell damage seems wise.
>>
>>43513987
My first paladin was an Oath of Ancients.
Every other paladin I've seen has been Oath of Devotion.

I've never seen a Vengeance Paladin, though I have seen a "Dark Knight" paladin for an FF homebrew.
>>
>>43514660
>>43514725
Green Knight is best Knight
Now remember to keep your magic powers, you must have fun, and prevent anyone else from stopping the party.
>>
>>43510522
Implies yes, but refers to the die on the Monk table, not the Martial Arts feature. Not really seeing the broken build you could get from this either.
>>
Has anyone had a chance to play the Swashbuckler Rogue yet? How's it hold up? It seemed really good from the UA, but I haven't gotten a chance to test one yet.

Is TWF kinda mandatory for the class? I'm wondering if I'm missing out by just wanting to go with a straight-up fencer rather than grabbing two short swords.
>>
>>43514193
Cooler than ask the weaboos her who try to transpose their favorite chinese cartoon character into dnd.

>>43514275
But that's not as progressive. I'd like this to be something i can constantly role play.
>>
File: ShiddyRangerHomebrewv1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ShiddyRangerHomebrewv1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I couldn't resist the siren call to try to homebrew Ranger class.

I combined Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer into one feature. Instead of picking one type of enemy like undead or beasts, you'd get the Favored Enemy feature on all monsters naturally found in the environment (Using appendix B from the DMG as a guideline). Natural Explorer works the same.

Then I made Hunter's Mark a feature. Works largely the same. refreshes on a long rest. At 6th level it lasts for 8 hours, 10th lasts for 24 hours.

I made it so the capstone is that you no longer have to recharge Hunter's mark.

Maybe put Foe Slayer at level 10 and get rid of Hide in Plain Sight?

I was monkeying around with an archetype too but it was mostly just copying Deep Stalker from the Underdark UA.

Opinions?
>>
>>43515174
It doesn't look like it fixes anything.
It looks worse, actually.
>>
>>43515244
elaborate, if you will
>>
>>43514886
>Is TWF kinda mandatory for the class?
Not as far as I can tell, but it gets more from TWF and melee than the other Rogues.

Rapier with GFB or BB from Magic Initiate from a Cha class probably outdamages TWF anyways.
>>
>>43515270
Well Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer were kind of not useful. Combining them together doesn't make them useful.
They already had hunter's mark as a spell, not much improved there either. I don't really see the point of making it a feature.
Foe Slayer was cut out but it should be a level 1 or 2 feature. Replacement capstone is shit.
>>
>>43514725
>FF homebrew
On that note I think Oath of the Crown is pretty spot on for Cecil.
>>
File: 500x_homhumanmalemedium.jpg (24 KB, 500x838) Image search: [Google]
500x_homhumanmalemedium.jpg
24 KB, 500x838
>>43511548
I'm playing a human fiend pact tomelock with moderately armored as the starting feat. I don't need to raise my dex and I still have a solid 18 AC. Basically my character is walking artillery. Shits awesome. Playing him through OotA atm.
>>
>>43514438
>Explosive Temper
>Hothead
>Seeing Red

I didn't expect a meme character, but now I'm rolling with it full steam.
>>
>>43513822
If you want a character with really good armor skills, heavy armor mastery would seem appropriate.
>>
>>43508251
So apparently the Sword Coast Map on the Mega is broken? Just DLed it twice, came up broken both times, and the preview pane on the site comes up blank.
>>
>>43508251
So after having my warlock decapitated I've decided to roll up a Dwarven Paladin of Moradin. Being a Paladin I decided to make him a noble. The fighter in our party is also a noble, specifically a Baron. Any ideas on what a Dwarven title of similar prestige and power would be?
>>
>>43516256
Tallest Rock
Master Brewer
Pickmeister
Stoneshaper
Masterwork
>>
>>43516256
Forgekeeper. Especially as a devotee of Moradin, presiding over and maintaining a sacred Dwarven Forge is an especially prestigious position.
>>
>>43516256
Blackboard Monitor
>>
>>43516337
That's actually pretty solid. I like it a lot.
>>
>>43516408
Glad to be of service, anon.
>>
Hey /tg/, how do you make interesting encounters with monsters?
With humanoids I find it somewhat easier, since you can have reinforcements, minions, ambushes etc., but standard monsters are just giving me a hard time.

What kind of encounter ideas can monsters entail?
>>
>>43516256

BeerBaron.

DraftDuke.
>>
>>43508947
How to get a Garo/Makai Knight concept to work in 5th ed?
>>
>>43516975
Palock? Paloured Soul?
>>
>>43516975
Vengeance Paladin/Fiend Warlock multiclass?
>>
>tfw unable to play an arcane caster without using my pencil like a wand
>>
>>43516962
Any monster with 8+ Intelligence have all the tactical options available to them that humanoids possess.
>>
>>43516999
And this is bad why? Assuming your character has a wand, of course.
>>
>>43516962
The terrain. A purple worm in a wide open plain in broad daylight is a different fight than a purple worm found in a crumbling dwarven city. As it burrows through the walls and ceiling things begin to collapse on the players. The collapsing claustrophobic tunnels could deal damage, block off passages or destroy priceless dorf treasures. Now the fight with the purple worm is about more than survival for the players, they need to make sure their exit doesn't collapse and that the worm doesn't go anywhere near the library holding the book plot mcguffin and loadsa wizard spells.

The otyguh in the sewers naps in the offal the party is sneaking past. When it awakes it will surprise all but the most curious of players, and stepping through its accumulated filth is likely to give someone a disease, the party had best watch their step!
>>
File: 1427150735452.gif (667 KB, 310x216) Image search: [Google]
1427150735452.gif
667 KB, 310x216
>Get into my first game of D&D Explorer's League
>jesuschristwhy.jpg
>Spend a lot of effort thinking up proper fitting gear just to start in a drow prison with everything taken away and sold
>Shit rolls, character feels useless in general, party has no clue what to do half the time because the DM refuses to use a proper map
>Improvisation goes to "Haha look at me trying to be creative" to "I'm only trying to use this shitty weapon because you took my ability for spells away" (FUCK spell components!)
>Everyone else pretty much outshines me, fun has been reduced to 0% at the end of the evening
This is how villains are born.
>>
>>43516985
Works better than you'd think.
>>
I need some help, /tg/

I'm a newbie DM planning to run Lost Mines of Phandelver for a group of friends, but given it's my first time DMing I'm slightly worried.

What should I do for tokens/maps? There was nothing in the set

Any DM tips would be helpful too
>>
File: 1444389702284.jpg (65 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444389702284.jpg
65 KB, 1280x1024
>>43517141
>Take out a knife
>Start monologuing about how you are the evil villian
>Slice open the DM's throat
>Shout 'it's just a prank bro!'
>Continue to butcher them like the meat they are.
>????
>Profit
>>
>>43511548
Hey, that Undying Light warlock gets CHA to fire damage, right? So once you multiclass that with Draconic sorc, you'd get CHA to fire damage twice on your GFB, along with the usual quicken shenanigans. So that'd be basically equivalent to lifedrinker (except SAD), right?
>>
>>43517141
Your DM should of given you forewarning about the equipment loss. Also it sounds like your playing the Out of the Abyss module. Material components are a bitch but cantrips can get the job done just fine and only roughly half your spells cost materials. Unless you are a wizard you should be back to normal equipment and power by level 3.

Also if it's adventure`s league then you should of been using point buy, not rolls, for your stats.
>>
>>43517206
As long as your GM believes in short rests
>>
>>43517207
From playing it and from Google searches, I would advise getting the maps from the books or from online if you must and then getting a map you can draw on from a tabletop gaming store or website, and draw your maps based on the maps you get from the book and online for each section. Tbh there are only 4 important maps that need to be drawn or made: the cave, the castle, the mansion cellar, and the mines. Overall though you will be fine. The module is perfect for new players and is fun for veterans. Just be wary about the green Dragon ^^"
>>
>>43517232
Indeed. However, you'd only get it on your primary target, as it only triggers on a 'hit'. That said, you could even play an Undying Light Bladelock/Draconic Sorc and get Cha thrice.

It's up to you to decide whether that's worthwhile, of course. Cantrip damage isn't everything.
>>
>>43517232
>>43517306
Could get cha thrice with tomelock shillelagh too.
>>
>>43517238
>Your DM should of given you forewarning about the equipment loss.
He's a typical gaming store employee, AKA a neckbearded asshole with his head so far up his own hobbies he can't act or talk like a normal human being..
>Unless you are a wizard you should be back to normal equipment and power by level 3.
Does it sound weird when I say I don't feel like sticking around for that long? The way things are progressing now, I'd have to waste three more Thursday evenings suffering through that unmotivating bullshit. I fucking hate Drow now.
>Also if it's adventure`s league then you should of been using point buy, not rolls, for your stats.
Stats was a set array. It's just that during the game I kept rolling below 10 on just about every vital moment, making my character look like a bumbling buffoon to the point where it stopped being funny and got cringe-worthy.
>>
>>43517347
>>43517306
And as usual, you can quicken it/have the warlock slots to cannibalize as the usual synergy.

Not bad.

I feel like playing a "Samurai" who carries with him his epic level Gold Dragon patron's edicts as a tome and fights with a wooden sword now.

Isn't there some island ruled by a gold dragon on FR? Or am I mixing it up with golarion?
>>
>>43511963
Thri-Kreen:
Medium. 30 feet of movement (or 35, who cares).
+2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom

>Multiple Limbs
You have additional forearms sprouting from your sides, just below the rib cage. These secondary limbs are smaller than your main arms. Their reduced strength and reach makes them unsuitable for combat purposes, but they have the same manual dexterity and can be used to hold or draw additional objects (spell focii or material components, weaponry, potions, and similar) and pass them to the main hands. When drawing weapons or items, you may draw one additional, provided your secondary limbs are free, if your DM is the kind of weirdo who cares about the retarded object interaction rules.
The secondary limbs do not allow tri-wielding or quad-wielding. You cannot wield a shield and two melee weapons, nor can you dual-wield two-handed weapons. The limbs are capable of tossing objects, but not Throwing them with enough force to do damage or break potion glass; this requires an Action in combat all the same, and you have Disadvantage when tossing things like Alchemist's Fire or Acid Flasks with your secondary limbs (you may strike the target but fail to break the bottle).

>Powerful Leap
You may add up to 10 feet to your distance when Jumping, regardless of your Strength. This can exceed the normal maximum distance allowed. You have Advantage on Athletics and Acrobatics checks related to jumping.
>>
Can you twincast GFB?
>>
>>43517495
>Natural Attacks
You are capable of using your claws as natural weapons. Your unarmed strike deals 1d4 Slashing damage. If you have a feature which increases this damage, the two do not stack, but you may continue to deal Slashing damage instead of Bludgeoning, at your option.
You also have powerful mandibles capable of biting for 1d4 Piercing damage.
You produce a small amount of stinging venom from glands located near your mouth. When you successfully bite a target with your mandibles, you may inject this venom and deal an additional 1d8 Poison damage. You must finish a long rest to replenish your venom. Thri-kreen have Immunity to their own poison, and Resistance to the poisons of other Thri-kreen (but not all Poison damage). The venom denatures quickly and loses its potency once outside of your body, and cannot be used to poison drinks or weaponry.

i suppose they could also be immune to magical sleep and/or have darkvision. dunno, tailor this shit for perceived power.
>>
>>43517393
I understand the situation better now. That just sucks. Sorry to hear things aren't going that good. My best advice would be to go ahead and leave the group asap and find a better one. The sooner you leave to better your odds of finding a new group becomes.

Also, if I may, give IotA one more shot if you have it in you. It's a bit of a pain the first session or two but as you start getting to towns and such it gets really fun and unique. At least that's how my group has been. However, If you are not willing to I more than understand.
>>
>>43517496
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/07/01/twin-splash-dd-errata/
Sure.
I'd suggest requiring the user to have two Attack actions, though, since one is a physical requirement of the spell.
>>
>>43517514
I sort of feel half-obliged to go there at least one more time any way, if only because a friend of mine really seemed to enjoy it. Felt like a dick when I told him how I thought about the evening.
>>
>>43517606
Don't feel bad. If you don't like it, you don't like it. It's not the prettiest thing to tell a friend but if he is a friend he will understand. Do give it one more go since you said you would but if it keeps going bad go ahead and get out. Though OotA usually starts rough and gets better as things go on, it should never make you feel completely useless.
>>
>>43517523
It isn't, though, at least not mechanically. The spell specifies you make an attack, not take an Attack action; you could look at it like the EK's taking an attack as a bonus action after casting a spell.

Physically, yeah, he's swinging the sword twice, but level 20 fighters can swing 9 times in a turn, so I don't see that swinging it twice should be much of a physical limitation.
>>
So I've been playing a human fiend patron tomelock with the moderately armored feat. I mainly use eldrich blast with Hex and armor of agathys. Just hit level 4. Since I I an playing AL I can retcon my character any way I please but I don't want to go too extreme. Any suggestions on tome cantrips or general cantrips or any other warlock cheese before I hit 5th and get locked into what I have?
>>
>>43516985
How do you replicate the Summonable Full Plate armor D:
>>
>>43516984
What's a Paloured Soul
>>
>>43518071
Paladin/favoured soul
>>
File: 5th-edition-halfling.png (402 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
5th-edition-halfling.png
402 KB, 500x703
>>43510649

I doubt it'll ever be set in Greyhawk. They've invested too heavily in Forgotten Realms these past two editions.

Like, how would you coincide the Adventure with the shitty MMO and AL? A portal to Greyhawk? Nah...

I'm okay with it though, I like that they haven't brutally raped Greyhawk in a long time. Certain aspects of 3e made the neckbears mad (Seekers of the Arcane? Nigga what the fuck, just call it Harpers Lite.) but nothing compares to the ass-pounding that FR has received over the years.

I'm fine with appendices.
>>
>>43518180
I mean, a setting book in the vein of SCAG would at least be nice, right?
>>
>>43509634
>move action
A what now?
>>
>>43518264

Maybe.

An explanation about the transition between the editions might be nice (similiar to Die, Vecna, Die!) so long as it doesn't take the Spellplague route.

And Greyhawk's been post-Greyhawk Wars/Rary Betrayal for... how long now? So yeah, something beyond that would be cool.
>>
I'm only just keeping myself occupied with writing up NPC concepts, and already I feel like DMing 5e would be more fun for me. The whole ideal/bond/flaw thing makes it pretty easy to sandbox NPCs too.
>>
>>43513822
Load up on heavy armor, take a greatsword, maybe talk the DM into statting a spiked shield, and take all the feats that enhance your defense.
Just never take the dodge action, it would make your head spin.
>>
>>43518180
They will never stop butchering the Forgotten Realms, despite the fact that most Realms fans stopped caring about the new lore since before 3e hit.
>>
How do I get into playing my character? I play a character and get bored like 3-4 levels in because I feel so restricted. Like right now I am playing a druid but its not NEARLY as fun as I thought. I find that I don't do much and my spells are dangeorus to use around my team mates or can really screw up a fight. For example i like the spell earth tremor and spike growth but that can fuck up your team mates too.

Druids can't sculpt their spells around team mates either. Its even worse because I chose the land druid which has gimped transformation.

What are some ways to enjoy your character more? Originally I wanted to do like a druid/monk but that would be shit because multiclassing ruins you too easily.

I already switched characters once too. I switched from a fighter. I had to switch from that because I was bored to fucking tears. Fighters are criminally boring. Even the battle master kind. Every round was just "I full attack. Oh I crit? Lets throw some superiority dice in there."

I was bored to fucking tears. Now its happening with druid and my DM definitely isn't going to let me switch. I have no idea what to play. What should I do?
>>
>>43518367

>having fun in D&D combat

Top fucking kek.
>>
>>43518388

What I hate is how restrictive they are with the action economy. If you take an action to cast a spell and it misses or fizzles or whatever.. thats your WHOLE turn. You can't do much else. Kind of shitty.
>>
For the life of me I cant fucking decide what school to focus on. I know I dont want transmutation, enchantment, or divination. I am not a elf so i cant do bladesinger.

Deep gnome
Stats
str 8
dex 14
con 14
Int 17
wis 13
cha 8
>>
>>43518401
Sounds about normal to me. I mean seriously it's the same way in pathfinder and in 3.5. The only real difference is that you have cantrips to fall back on after you run out of spells. And also bonus actions are a thing one can use. Action economy is restrictive but only in a fair way to keep someone from face rolling an encounter. Tbh I would advise sorcerer to you. They spike at about level 3 so you can cast a spell and a cantrip one turn and then cast two of the same cantrip another turn. Or do the latter three turns in a row. Just my opinions and suggestions.
>>
>>43518447
Abjuration. Get the svirnefblin feat. Spam nondetection for the ward.
>>
>>43518447
Why not divination? Portent is powerful and fun.

Since you're a gnome though you're obligated to go illusion.
>>
>>43518525
Already played a divination wizard in another game.
>>
>>43518519
I dont think that my DM would be happy with that. He can be a bit of a dick at times.
>>
>>43518622
Play it up as extreme paranoia
>>
>>43518525
As a GM, fuck Divination Wizards up the ass.
>>
>>43518525
>>43518639
i've been thinking about making a halfling (always reroll 1s) divination wizard (2-3 portent rolls per day) with the lucky feat (3 lucky rolls per day). would this amount of cheese actually be practical?
>>
Can Misty Step be used to escape from the ropes if you have been tied up?
>>
>>43518668
It's fun. Rmember that u are still squishy. U may make ure saving throws, but a fireball is still a lotta damage
>>
>>43518717
Yes, as long as your not blindfolded or gagged.
>>
>>43518668
>Tfw one of your players played a halfling monk 18/divniation wizard 2 with the lucky feat for a level 20 one shot.
>Tfw he tricked you into using the three legendary saves the boss had to save against stunning strike
>Just so when he Quivering palmed him the boss would be stuck with the roll of a 4 for the con save

It was mildly annoying.
>>
>>43518519
What is sviernefblin?
>>
>>43518068
Refluff Mage Armor.
>>
>>43518759
Deep Gnome.
>>
>>43518759
The FR name for Deep gnomes. The svirfneblin magic feat is a deep gnome only feat.
>>
>>43518773
Actually it's just the older name for deep gnomes; they called them that in 2e as a standard thing, just like dark elves were drow and grey dwarves were duergar.
They switched to deep gnomes as standard because....well, look at the fucking name.
>>
File: supeilistraee.jpg (95 KB, 484x687) Image search: [Google]
supeilistraee.jpg
95 KB, 484x687
>>43508251
>>43508786
>>43508947
>>43509270
>>43510263
>>43515571

>all of these Exalted pics in a D&D thread
do you not even know what you're playing any more, autists?
>>
>>43518922
>thinking >>43510263 is exalted
Its dark souls motherfucker. Get your shit right before you call out other people.
>>
File: 1380740054871.jpg (272 KB, 544x800) Image search: [Google]
1380740054871.jpg
272 KB, 544x800
>>43518922
>>43518941
Is there even a single Exalted picture?
>>
File: 1412288846916.jpg (84 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1412288846916.jpg
84 KB, 600x900
>>43517207

I always bring along some graph paper for drawing out areas as the PC's explore, and these chessex dry erase battlemats for when combat goes down. I find it's a lot easier, especially if you're running a game with new players.

For pawns, anything can be used. Legos, chess pieces, jujubes, coins, etc. I love my Pathfinder NPC and Besitary Pawn set, but it's a bit of an investment (though much less than buying miniatures.)

There's also a lot of DIY shit online for pawns, like so.

http://rpghacker.com/rpg-hobby-games/diy-pathfinder-beginner-box-style-pawns/

Just download some character and monster art online, print them out, cut and fold the paper so they stand, and you're good.
>>
File: troll detector.jpg (13 KB, 249x251) Image search: [Google]
troll detector.jpg
13 KB, 249x251
>>43518922
>>43518941
>>43518961
>>
>>43518819
>>43518773
>>43518768
>>43518759
>>43518635
>>43518519
>>43518447
Speaking of paranoid Deep Gnome Abjurers, earlier in the thread I asked for advice on playing one, and shared what I had planned so far (>>43509368). Still would welcome any additional roleplaying suggestions, quirks, or additional detail, especially if it helps motivate the character to join a party of surface freaks and take the initial PotA hooks.
>>
File: karameikos.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
karameikos.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43518264

It would, but honestly there's going to be enough fan shit coming out to make up for it. Some guy did a pretty solid guide for Mystara that was floating around.

Also, you really don't need a NEW guide to run these things. Fluff is fluff.
>>
File: tumblr_n5y1geiP1j1rpxpqbo2_500.gif (982 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5y1geiP1j1rpxpqbo2_500.gif
982 KB, 500x280
>>43508561
I just want to be good at this whole punching thing
>>
I'd like to play a paladin who's a real cali surfer, skate church kind of guy. Big heart, not much brain, all muscle, talks kind of like Bill & Ted. Not sure if anyone in the group who GMs would let me but you never know.
>>
>>43519143

Oath of Ancients all the way braheim.
>>
>>43519143
Sounds fun and I would totally let you play it.

Dont let bad DM's harsh your mellow brah
>>
>>43518668

I feel like lucky with divination is a little too much cheese. Practical sure but in a OP way. Just my two cents.
>>
>>43519006
>Some guy did a pretty solid guide for Mystara that was floating around.
Link please?
>>
>>43519004
Desires to one day be an undying (one of the super liches that can grant warlock pacts)

Kinda goes along with the defensive magic theme.

Has a recurring dream of an ancient gold dragon making a deal with an be rations and fiends. Interestingly the abberations/fiends appear to be the aprehensive ones.

Is an alcoholic.

Had contact with mindflayers in the inderdark. Is a conspiracy theorist convinced all the world leaders are possessed by mindflayers
>>
>wizards forums are gone
Huh.

I guess that's like how they disabled commenting on Gatherer.
>>
>>43515109
> Implying this is not every bit as one-note
>>
>>43519441
It was announced a while ago
>>
>>43519551
Guess I missed it
>>
File: 643254352.jpg (83 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
643254352.jpg
83 KB, 500x365
>>43515109
> We're all weeaboos here
>>
>>43508251
I want to harness my inner twelve year old and play a demon hunting Path of the Blade Warlock.
>>
>>43519577
Please commit sudoku
>>
>>43519618
>tfw every classic character you might want to roll has been redone in anime a bunch of times
Unless you want shit that's post 50s pop cultural characters like Conan or Tolkienesque stuff you can rest assured that there's an anime of it. Especially if the character is inspired by Chinese, French, or obviously Japanese lit.
>>
File: tumblr_nrxv43xBmf1uzwbyjo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrxv43xBmf1uzwbyjo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>43519044
>>
>>43519618
> assumed willing participant on a Burmese interpretive dance website
> insists he's still not a weeb
K
>>
File: john_henry_by_fw_long_deht[1].jpg (396 KB, 1072x1532) Image search: [Google]
john_henry_by_fw_long_deht[1].jpg
396 KB, 1072x1532
I want opinions on this backstory for my fighter. I am worried it is too mary sue or something like that.

>Be a slave miner captured by drow as a child
>Forced to work in their mines
>One day our mine shaft connected with a tunnel
>The other side was full of armed dwarves
>They managed to capture us miners and kill the drow that were working us
>They free us captives and offer us shelter
>While living with them I became obsessed with a smithy that was near where we were housed
>Dwarf sees my interest and humors me by showing me the basics
>I have some natural skill with hammers and metal
>Makes me his apprentice and basically adopts me
>Teaches me how to fight as he teaches me how to smith
I am using the Clan Crafter background from SCAG and probably playing a human. I was thinking captured by drow when I was 12 and rescued by the dwarves when I was 16.

He would owe a great deal to the dwarves and be touchy about anyone insulting them. He would also have a particular hatred and fear for drow and quaggoth because of his captivity. I am very slightly basing him off of John Henry since his primary weapon would be a maul.
>>
>>43519896
Honestly, that's a lot more interesting and inspired than a lot of backstories I've seen. Go for it. Just make sure that if you name a dwarfhold you choose one that isn't totally xenophobic and would keep you.
>>
File: 1417588248977.png (136 KB, 407x295) Image search: [Google]
1417588248977.png
136 KB, 407x295
>>43517141
>>43517393
>play OotA
>have heard no good things about the beginning section
>apparently massive differences based on how the gm handles it, raw version is impossible

>we rush the armory and kill everything inside with cantrips
>steal all the drow equipment, all PCs and NPCs decked out in weapons and armor
>funnel into priestesses room, rush her down and kill her along with her guards
>retrieve our original stuff from her corpse along with extra magic loot
>flee feeling like champions
>>
>>43519914
That's good I was worried that the "captured by drow" would be a little too much.
>>
>>43519980
So I guess retrieving your equipment is doable.
>>
>>43519980
We ran into the problem of the drow elite dropping anything that got close to him.
>>
>>43518367
You sound like you have a short attention span and should be playing videogames.
>>
>>43519983
In general, assume you've had some life before, most adventurers aren't quite green, they just haven't done a ton. Like, I'd assume with 5e's backgrounds you're closer to early 20s than teens as a human at least (based on the typical ages for starting journeymen in european guilds).
>>
>>43513871
Bump for this plz halp
>>
File: Guinevere__the_Jealous_Queen[1].jpg (234 KB, 364x500) Image search: [Google]
Guinevere__the_Jealous_Queen[1].jpg
234 KB, 364x500
>>43510156
Reminds me of this
>>
I need help making a Mary Sue enemy for my group to fight.
Names changed to protect the innocent and guilty.

What I have so far is:
>Female Half-Elf (Drow)
>Sorceror (Favored Soul/Death Domain) X/Sorceror (Shadow)
>Familiar: Shadow Pseudodragon
>Raised in the Shadowfell, is also secretly a bastard princess from the surface but was abandoned because of the circumstances of her birth. Her foster father, a now-wizened human warlock of an evil patron, has been a harsh but fair tutor instructing her in the dark arts, and though she is loathe to show affection, the girl loves him as if he had been her own father, who she assumes is scum for 'abandoning' her. The actual situation is far more complicated.
She becomes the enemy of the players when she swears revenge on them after an attack where they're planned to kill her foster father.
I'm not sure whether to play this for as much camp as I can possibly muster, or seriously.
The concept could be scrapped altogether, but it's been bothering me for a while now, and I want to get it out of my system.

>>43513871
4 scales, each of which requires a certain amount of a specific substance.
They should be labeled 'Heart', 'Body', 'Soul' and 'Mind'.
First scale requires X amount of blood, second requires a bone or similar object, third requires holy or unholy water, and the last one requires the warlock to place his own spellbook, should he have one, on the scale.
Should he not, any Warlock scroll should suffice.
>>
>>43520035
They seemed like they had low hp or something, all of them dropped quick.
Only one of the guards was threatening and had an extra attack. Eldeth tanked him for us while we wiped out the others, glorious girl.
>>
>>43520148
The elite warrior has 71 hp and on average hits for 17 damage with the ability to attack twice. Parry lets it add 3AC to itself for one attack as a reaction.

The motherfucker could knock out any party member save for the quaggoth and eldeth in one hit. He killed my sorcerer outright in one hit
>>
What is the most dangerous creature to fuck with casters? (lvl 4-6 party)
>>
>>43510156
If I was in your party I would kill your character so that we can continue having a serious game.
>>
>>43510425
Giants. They confirmed it. Look up "wizards of the coast d&d product line up through 2018"
>>
>>43520213
>71 hp
Jesuss
Yeah I think our dm lowered his hp.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.